FAQ: Gem Store / BLTC / Trading Post

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Crimson.5921

Crimson.5921

#120908-004728

Same issue for me. Am unable to purchase gems, either using credit card and PayPal. Have confirmed both are in owrking order outside of GW/ArenaNet.

Posted by: Sobolonut.1852

Sobolonut.1852

I haven’t tried to buy gems in a few weeks but tried this weekend using multiple methods with no success. I tried 2 different credit cards and my paypal. The ticket number is 120908-008204

Posted by: Hartagram.6871

Hartagram.6871

Same here cannot purchase gems for 48 hours….ticket 120908-008161

Posted by: Sangrivane.4360

Sangrivane.4360

Guys, you’re right. I look through this thread and I feel bad — you’re not getting as much information and you should, and I apologize for that.

I’ve sent off an email to the team who is working night and day on various issues related to the BLTC and the Gem Store. I hope to be able to post more in the near future or perhaps one of their team members will post an update. But in the meantime, please accept our apologies for any difficulties you’re experiencing.

If you bought and did not get your gems, update your ticket (don’t make a new one, it slows the process) and we’ll watch for those. If you cannot purchase, we also need to look into those situations. We appreciate your interest in purchasing gems and believe me, we want to make it possible for you to do so!

Thanks, again, for your patience.

Gaile, what is the big difficulty here? Why do you “hope to be able to post more in the near future or perhaps one of their team members will post an update”? The system is clearly faulty. It is affecting THOUSANDS of people and costing ArenaNet THOUSANDS if not MILLIONS of dollars. It is completely unacceptable that ArenaNet has not even ACKNOWLEDGED this problem in the status updates. I’m at the point now where notwithstanding how much I enjoy the game that this whole affair has left such a bad taste in my mouth – that ArenaNet either is incompetent or just doesn’t care – that I going to simply return my copy of the game for a refund and write the game off.

This issue requires DECISIVE action on the part of ArenaNet in a big way. Is this what you and your team spent so much time on? Developing a game so that an absurd system pushes thousands of players away? Players that want to spend money? What am I missing here?

Explain to us why ArenaNet cannot acknowledge this problem in the status updates and why its taking so long to offer solutions. Because soon alot of us are just going to write GW2 and ArenaNet as a company off.

(edited by Sangrivane.4360)

Posted by: rodzilla.7098

rodzilla.7098

Having the same problems! I can not purchase gems using paypal.

#120909-005489

Please Help!

Posted by: Jonneh.2790

Jonneh.2790

Incident: 120907-002432

Cannot buy gems with my card, my GFs card or paypal.

Please fix >:(

Posted by: Firusha.9641

Firusha.9641

I really was a big ArenaNet-Fan in the last 5-6 years, but still no answer? Not even a little mention in the daily status updates? This is so disappointing

I think I don’t need to point out that there also was no reaction to my ticket (started three days ago) at all.

Posted by: supergun.4570

supergun.4570

120907-007931

its been 3 days without any respond from any GM or support Team . and thats really really annoying. its making me hate the game more and more cuz its all about the Gemstore.

Posted by: DaKwL.4968

DaKwL.4968

Since the launch of the game i never been able to buy gems (AND EVEN THE GAME!! To buy 2 more copies for my family i had to use TRICKS to bypass “something”… IE : use my smartphone to make the purchase…), and the same today – I can’t buy those dam 20€ of gems.

120909-005620

Posted by: Zytherion.8231

Zytherion.8231

Guys, you’re right. I look through this thread and I feel bad — you’re not getting as much information and you should, and I apologize for that.

I’ve sent off an email to the team who is working night and day on various issues related to the BLTC and the Gem Store. I hope to be able to post more in the near future or perhaps one of their team members will post an update. But in the meantime, please accept our apologies for any difficulties you’re experiencing.

If you bought and did not get your gems, update your ticket (don’t make a new one, it slows the process) and we’ll watch for those. If you cannot purchase, we also need to look into those situations. We appreciate your interest in purchasing gems and believe me, we want to make it possible for you to do so!

Gaile, what is the big difficulty here? Why do you “hope to be able to post more in the near future or perhaps one of their team members will post an update”? The system is clearly faulty. It is affecting THOUSANDS of people and costing ArenaNet THOUSANDS if not MILLIONS of dollars. It is completely unacceptable that ArenaNet has not even ACKNOWLEDGED this problem in the status updates. I’m at the point now where notwithstanding how much I enjoy the game that this whole affair has left such a bad taste in my mouth – that ArenaNet either is incompetent or just doesn’t care – that I going to simply return my copy of the game for a refund and write the game off.

This issue requires DECISIVE action on the part of ArenaNet in a big way. Is this what you and your team spent so much time on? Developing a game so that an absurd system pushes thousands of players away? Players that want to spend money? What am I missing here?

Explain to us why ArenaNet cannot acknowledge this problem in the status updates and why its taking so long to offer solutions. Because soon alot of us are just going to write GW2 and ArenaNet as a company off.

I couldn’t have said it better myself. They are treating us like we want sympathy on this issue instead of resolution. This is outrageous. “I feel really bad guys, We will ‘try’ and post more often.” Like what is this? Such a huge issue should have had INSTANT recognition and start of resolution, not a 2 week later apology and saying they’ll try. Dont TRY… DO! We don’t want apologies, we just want to buy your product hassle free.

Thank you

Posted by: MrNoobin.7386

MrNoobin.7386

Last night I got a reply to my ticket saying that they were looking into it. This morning I was able to buy gems again, made two purchases just to be locked out again with the same messages about credit card failing approval, now back to where I was when I submitted my ticket originally.

Posted by: TwilightStorm.7159

TwilightStorm.7159

THIS ^

Posted by: fairsun.6190

fairsun.6190

I bought an additional character slot and received two instead. I was only charged once and I didn’t press any additional buttons or do anything strange. I saw someone posted about this same exact issue above and that they had bought additional slots during the BWE’s that coincided with how many they received in error. I believe I bought two during the BWE’s so that would account for that on my account.

(edited by fairsun.6190)

Posted by: Lola Ebola.3829

Lola Ebola.3829

It has now been almost 48 hours, and I still do not have the 800 gems I purchased with my credit card, nor do I have the 51 gems that I traded 13 silver for in the currency exchange at the same time.

My credit card has been charged. I have submitted help tickets in game. Could someone please look in to this? I know that you’re busy trying to help people who didn’t pay attention to the warnings about passwords and email verification who got their accounts hacked, and also tweaking things with the crafting system to keep people from exploiting certain aspects of it, but…. some of us are just trying to play the game the proper way. I’ve paid my money for an item that was supposed to be available immediately, and this doesn’t inspire me to make any future purchases with this system. Thanks.

Posted by: Silasel.5809

Silasel.5809

While I was able to buy gems, I purchased the Character Slot Expansion upgrade and did not receive it!

#120909-006057

Posted by: Lola Ebola.3829

Lola Ebola.3829

I just bought several items off the gem store and have not received them. Several keys set of kryta armor and dye. I can not receive any mail from other players. I have reported this and its been 5 days. When is this getting fixed????

Have you tried deleting mail out of your mailbox? You can only have 10 messages at a time, so be sure you have room or you won’t get your gem store purchases or mail from other players. (This happened to me on one of the beta weekends.)

Posted by: Silasel.5809

Silasel.5809

#120909-006057

Here is what I wrote in my ticket:

“Hello! I decided to purchase the “Character Slot Expansion” upgrade for my account. Initially only having 400 gems, I purchased the 800 gems with my debit card to afford the purchase. When I purchased the upgrade, I noticed “Click to Confirm” did not seem to work. After many clicks, it finally went through, followed by a few error messages stating a “Network Connection” error. I noticed the amount of gems I had turned red and went from 1,200 to 400, as it should. However, I noticed my “Recent Purchases” list emptied, saying I had “no purchase history” when I in fact do (I purchased the Celebration Hat and Digital Deluxe Upgrade.) I logged out to see if my expansion applied, but it was not there. I restarted the game and still no avail; however, my Recent Purchases list went back to normal. I’m afraid I will not get the character expansion like I paid for."

Posted by: Omakha.8534

Omakha.8534

I had problems buying gems some days ago, it fixed itself and now today i have problems again. [Incident: 120907-004818]

Posted by: Ocyriss.3570

Ocyriss.3570

120905-001312

Made a purchase on the 4th and have yet to get the items or a response from support. Not a great start.

Posted by: RealSavior.7940

RealSavior.7940

I have the same Issue.

Incident: 120908-008065

Posted by: chux.8340

chux.8340

Update on my issue:

They sent a response saying that I can purchase gems for 24 hrs. I did so, and purchased 4000 gems (extra, so I dont go through this mess again).

My issue is that I am currently living and playing overseas but used my US Paypal info to pay, which their support guy said was the likely reason why I was flagged.

My question is, outside the 24 hrs, what are we supposed to d if we want to purchase more gems?

May I have your 12-digit support ticket number? We’ll look into this for you.

Hello,

I have ticket 120905-009530 opened as well. I was also told to remake my purchase within 24 hours, and I did, but never received the gems, so I replied back to that same ticket.. I’ve been really patient through this, and I know you guys are probably pretty slammed. I’d really appreciate it being looked in to.

Posted by: Absidien.7023

Absidien.7023

Hi I have opened a support ticket regarding purchasing gems as well

My ticket number is 120908-004301

Thanks

Posted by: Aemris.6083

Aemris.6083

-Credit Card not going through and I used it and it worked fine the other day
120908-004710 Unresolved 09/08/2012
-Cannot Purchase Gems
120909-006566 Unresolved 09/09/2012

It’s all been going on since the evening of the 6th though!

I know you guys are slammed but I want to give you more monies! and I love you BTW! <3

(edited by Aemris.6083)

Posted by: MoonStoneX.9245

MoonStoneX.9245

I just made a ticket for this Issue #120909-006944

Posted by: AzureWatcher.9567

AzureWatcher.9567

I got the gems, but I didn’t get the items I purchased with them.

Here’s my support ticket number: 120909-007070

Posted by: sdluca.4706

sdluca.4706

4 days since i opened ticket n. 120905-007353
I got the following answer:

Hi,
Thank you for contacting NCsoft Account Support
I am escalating your ticket for further assistance, and someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible.
Regards,
Shane
NCsoft Account Support
———————————————————

This morning i was able to purchase gems once via paypal, when i tried again i found out i was locked out again. This via paypal. I have never been able to use my Mastercard.

Posted by: Rage The Numbers.7943

Rage The Numbers.7943

I just bought a character slot, and do not see an additional character slot on my character select. What should I do?

#120909-007304

Rage The Nornynorn – Guild Leader [RR] Reddit Refugees
Sanctum of Rall
http://www.reddit.com/r/Reddit_Refugees – Visit the site for Recruitment!

(edited by Rage The Numbers.7943)

Posted by: Joycey.7205

Joycey.7205

I tried to buy the 5/200 Fine Transmutation Stones. I did the currency exchange for 55S to get gems, and that worked fine. After I paid for the 200 gems for the trans stones, I never received them. I checked in my inventory, and also checked to make sure my mail wasn’t full.
I already sent in a ticket also.

Co-Lead of [HARD]

Posted by: Korten.9084

Korten.9084

Odd… It finally worked when I tried on my laptop…

Posted by: aboyhazard.5047

aboyhazard.5047

I had purchased Gems on 9/3/12 . I only used 1600 gems according to my purchase history; however, as of today I cannot see ANY Gems in my account.. Where did my Gems go?! Below is my purchase information.

Order number: 28464381
Order date: 9/3/2012

2800 Gems
Subtotal: $35.00

Posted by: Rage The Numbers.7943

Rage The Numbers.7943

I just bought a character slot, and do not see an additional character slot on my character select. What should I do?

#120909-007304

Rage The Nornynorn – Guild Leader [RR] Reddit Refugees
Sanctum of Rall
http://www.reddit.com/r/Reddit_Refugees – Visit the site for Recruitment!

Posted by: Lilo.8230

Lilo.8230

I bought Gems just fine, but I spent the Gems on a Mini pet 3-pack and didn’t recieve it.
I did however get my 3 character slots just fine so…

Finally got into my support account, ticket is #120910-005194

Cub, Pye, Bay, Fir, Ona, Myci, Baiy, Eixx

(edited by Lilo.8230)

Posted by: Astra.4021

Astra.4021

My credit card continues to fail approval upon trying to buy gems as of 5 days at this time. ( i just tried again and failed ) The charges arent reaching my card company, so I assume for some reason my account is still being flagged. Please correct this. Jumping back and forth between my card company, NCSoft support, and this forum is getting old really fast. I just want to play my GW2 without constant technical difficulties. It is taking the enjoyment out of the game. I just updated my report for the third time today. Is someone there? And before you suggest it- a 24 hr override is unacceptable. Don’t suggest getting another card either. I only use this card. I have had i no problems since 1991 with it until dealing with NCSoft, and I don’t use Paypal.

( 120905-001653 )

(edited by Astra.4021)

Posted by: Spliskin.4256

Spliskin.4256

I received an update saying that “something about my purchases appeared fraudulent” but they were unlocking my account for 24 hours.

Personally I find it very insulting that I received a letter insinuating I was performing fraudulent transactions (especially as they can’t identify exactly “what” it was I did that caused the flagging- they may as well have stated "because the great and powerful Oz says so) instead of admitting that they have a problem with their internal security system that is flagging activity as fraudulent for no reason for thousands of their paying customers.

If I wrote a letter like that to customers I would be fired.

Posted by: Morphic.7045

Morphic.7045

Can we get a notification if the addition character slots gained even though only a single one was purchased is some sort of “we’re sorry have free slots” I dare not buy any more or make new characters in case they get removed.

Posted by: ffhighwind.9217

ffhighwind.9217

I purchased a character slot but never received it. I’m still at 5.

I purchased exactly 800 gems today for ~2g6s. I then purchased the free 0gem hat and then a character slot. I clicked the purchase button a few times because it did not deduct from my gem count. The hat came in the mail a minute later, but I never got a character slot.

Posted by: TedEBear.7150

TedEBear.7150

When I try to purchase Gems with a CC or via PayPal I receive the following error:

ERROR!
{
“type”: “orderModel:error”
}

Ticket reference #120910-001107.

Posted by: Archmage.1627

Archmage.1627

Purchased DDE got everything but mistfire wolf elite. Human elementalist if that matters

Posted by: CFOUR.8649

CFOUR.8649

I have purchased gems before with no issues but my last purchase 2 days ago has been processed with a confirmation email from arenanet and paypal but I am still to receive the gems.

I waited one day and then raised a support ticket which is now over 24hrs old and still no response.

I have also provided the transaction and invoice id from the purchase in the ticket i raised with support.

Can you please investigate.

Incident: 120909-000065

Posted by: DarqueDiva.8032

DarqueDiva.8032

Hello I just got an update today after a nearly a week with no reply. I took the liberty to offer CC and/or paypal info initially. My reply in short was that I triggered their security due to my cc’s fraud prevention. They advised to me to speak to my financial institution (of course I had already done this) and assured me that there should be no further issue BUT I need to use the email associated with my account when I purchased. Since this and paypal’s email were different I added it (gw2 email to paypal) and was able to successfully purchase again.

I hope this helps someone in this long list of complaints. I do believe you will need to wait for them to contact you so that you have some knowledge that the flag has been lifted. Good Luck all and happy gaming.

Posted by: Nightwind.9024

Nightwind.9024

Just noticed this thread after I made a ticket earlier today (Reference# 120909-006515).

I recently added 800 gems through a paypal purchase. The gem purchase went fine and the gems showed up in game almost instantly. I then purchased the 5-pack of Black Lion Keys and a Minis 3-pack. The Black Lion Trading Company interface shows the correct balance, as if I did purchase and was charged for the items. These items also appear on the Recent Purchases list, but they DO NOT show under the Pick Up tab. Additionally, I repurchased one of the free hats to test, and even that item shows in the recent purchases but I have not received it.

I have visited a trade NPC and verified no Gem store items to claim. I have sold several items on the trade market and have had no trouble so far in retrieving the cash from those sales.

Guildmaster for the Mystical Hunters [MH]
Henge of Denravi server
http://area42.enjin.com

Posted by: Misanthre.9527

Misanthre.9527

Same exact issue here. Was able to buy Gems closer to release, but have been refused ever since. PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY! hah.

Ticket Number: 120907-002885

Thanks for help getting this resolved…

Posted by: Simarills.3250

Simarills.3250

Purchased 800 Gems 3 days ago, card was charged and received confirmation email..but no gems in my account
Created a ticket 120908-008078 Not heard a thing since.

Posted by: Ryan.6951

Ryan.6951

120904-001722

6 days now without ANY response.

Not so much as a “we’re looking into it”. Just $25 of missing gems. This one isn’t hard. I know exactly what happened. It’s not a credit auth issue like you guys are fighting with. It’s that your gem shop has no check to make sure that the item can actually be gotten. It’s easy! Please refund asap. I actually wanted to spend those on something I can USE.

Posted by: Humakt.1048

Humakt.1048

…BUT I need to use the email associated with my account when I purchased. Since this and paypal’s email were different I added it (gw2 email to paypal) and was able to successfully purchase again.

This makes perfect sense. On the first try I used paypal account with e-mail address different from address associated with my GW2 account and got flagged “as a high risk” (well… that’s for sure, but only for my own personal economy) . Last night I got response, that they have now authorized my address (associated with my account) “for the next 24 hours”; well, just purchased some gems using paypal account with that authorized address and this time it worked like a charm.

Posted by: DaKwL.4968

DaKwL.4968

Since the launch of the game i never been able to buy gems (AND EVEN THE GAME!! To buy 2 more copies for my family i had to use TRICKS to bypass “something”… IE : use my smartphone to make the purchase…), and the same today – I can’t buy those dam 20€ of gems.

120909-005620

Today i tryed another payment on my Office (Static Ip, another Computer, Same account, ) , using this time Paypal on the SAME card. And magic? It works.

Btw I didn’t tryed more than one payment to check if now i’m flagged on paypal too.

I want to have news anyway. I want to understand why the same card get refused on a direct payment, and at the same time get accepted on paypal… but ONLY using a different computer, ip, o something like that. If there is somekind of fraud protection, i would like that Anet/Ncsoft lift this kind of protection on my account. I don’t want to spend 2 days figuring out how to send them money.

(I Had to do the SAME thing to buy more copies for my family on the headstart : Using different Ips, E-Mails, and names – I used my Smartphone too… -.- )

TwilightStorm.7159

I guess I’ll try everything I read here. Added my GW2 E-mail to my paypal, trying different computers (Some with different IP’s) through my house.

But WHY. WHY do I have to make so much effort to pay THEM. They should make the effort to get me paying, not the other way around.

Posted by: Nunna.6413

Nunna.6413

So .. i wrote this yesterday here .. and i said i will update the situations after 24 hrs ..

whoah they just fix my account problem!

Response Via Email (GM Atheum)
To protect our customers, we have implemented a Payment Risk Management System to detect possible unauthorized transactions or account use. This means that something about your transaction is being perceived as high risk by our system.

Although there is something about your transaction that is being flagged by our system, we have authorized your "xxxxxx " e-mail address to complete transactions for the next 24 hours. Please try your transaction again within the next 24 hours.

i tried purchasing gems and it works. i hope it’s not 24hrs only and stays ok forever.

anyways!
ty for the unban for the moment!
and guys/girls .. i hope your issues got resolved soon too

And here is the update xD
Yup .. they ban my card again bahaha this is getting ridiculously re tar ded, why would i want to contact you people everytime i try to purchase gems? and then god knows how long to get reply from you to unban my account again.
It took me 10 days to resolve that one problem… lol .. just lol ..
Just unban me forever! what is wrong with you people.
Do you need my MOM to call you and tell u that it is MY CARD that i am using? Or maybe you need MY WHOLE family to contact you to make sure 100% that it is MY card legit Do you need MY passport??? or BIRTH certificate too to make sure the person that using the card IS ME? Or maybe u need my naked picture too??? just to make sure that i am a human race with thumbs and all and not an alien race from other planet who decide to play gw2 and hacked ppls acc?
/endofsarcasm
By submitting tix again and again that will be more work for u. and more people on waiting list of respond.
eff logic, more work for you less money for you too
Incident: 120831-005051

(edited by Nunna.6413)

TwilightStorm.7159

This is not a problem that should be addressed individually, it is a general flaw in their system. It should not be attempted to fix with 24-hour ban lifts, there is this ONE BIG problem that’s causing all this that needs to be fixed. Jeez, I’ve just tried with every computer, every card, every paypal account in my near surroundings. I even tried all the different amounts (10, 20, 35, 50).

NOTHING WORKS. It’s really getting on my nerves because this is such a big factor of the game for me. I’m willing to spend a lot of money on things that I LIKE. But that liking is coming to an end if I can’t even give you my money.

Posted by: tamaru.3684

tamaru.3684

Really losing interest in the game at this point. Crafting and running out of space unable to buy more inventory or try out a different class aside from the 5 that i already have. Why is it so hard to take your faulty system off till you can come up with a better fraud prevention one? Great game so far poor customer service on this issue though.