Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Update: 15 August 2013

130815-002367 Resolved
130807-001101 Under review today
130812-001305 Under review today
130811-001999 Research concluded and response sent yeseterday
ImagoX.4718 I cannot find a ticket from you since 2012. Please have your wife submit a ticket from the email account associated with her GW2 account and the team will be able to help her.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Tickets for Review (3 days and older) [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: DemonNinja.1602

DemonNinja.1602

Still waiting on response for the following ticket:

Reference # – Date Created
#130807-000543 – 08/06/2013

I just purchased one of each of the new Permanent Finishers from the gem store. I only received the first one I purchased via the in game mail system, the Whump the Giant Finisher and not the other 3.

I have not received:
Permanent Cow Finisher
Permanent Spectre Finisher
Permanent Thornroot Finisher

These are not showing on my account wide finisher pane either, and also are not in my inventory. My mail is cleaned out too so its not full.

Thanks for your support!

Aerilon Starsider
Elementalist Extraordinaire
http://twitch.tv/dustydemonninja

Posted by: Aped Hog.8291

Aped Hog.8291

Posting for a friend once again. He updated his ticket, and also followed up with what your support team instructed.
His ticket number is: 130807-001101

(edited by Aped Hog.8291)

Posted by: Geemo.6018

Geemo.6018

I submitted a ticket about 7 days ago to have my email changed. I listed all the information needed for the email change. Please respond soon.

P.S You guys really need to add the option to change email addresses in the account page. The system you have in place is beyond fail.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I submitted a ticket about 7 days ago to have my email changed. I listed all the information needed for the email change. Please respond soon.

P.S You guys really need to add the option to change email addresses in the account page. The system you have in place is beyond fail.

If a feature isn’t added, consider that there may be security reasons that prevent what looks to the average person as a “simple option.” Attempts to change the log-in name on an account are a significant flag for us, as it is often an indicator of a hacked account. Please consider the sensitivity of the process and allow the team to handle each request, properly and conservatively.

You have not provided your ticket number here. That is essential for a follow-up.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: HurtSquid.4836

HurtSquid.4836

Posting on my brothers behalf. Really sad its taken so long for a simple password reset account help.

July 28th: Incident: 130728-001745
August 10th: Incident: 130810-001793

Posted by: ImagoX.4718

ImagoX.4718

Found the ticket! It was under #130812-001066

She got a reset link, but when using it to set a new password we get an error:

“Failure

We weren’t able to change your password. Try following the link from your e-mail again."

Perhaps the link expired? What should we do now? Thanks for your help!

PS – Updated support ticket as well…

(edited by ImagoX.4718)

Posted by: Psykoyul.9147

Psykoyul.9147

Hi a friend of mine posted ticket 130815-002076 4 days ago and still has no answer.
He’s very sad and feeling that there is absolutely no hope for him to be able to play again… a simple answer would be a great start to remotivate him

GM of Soul Reapers [SR] JQ

Posted by: MASAYOSHI.3610

MASAYOSHI.3610

I am posting this on behalf of my friend. My friend has submitted the ticket request (ticket#130815-001448) and has been awaiting response for four days. Please kindly help.

Thank you so much for your support.

Posted by: chico.7068

chico.7068

Incident number 130815-002147

I’m writing on behalf of my friend and gaming partner, Jim, who apparently has had his account hacked. Last week, he contacted tech support on numerous occasions. He, twice, received the message back that his account had been reset within an email, and both times the link in the email did not work. Now, he is unable to access the game or able to even access these forums to address the issue. I’ve had to post for him.

The last email received from tech support read as follows:

“Thank you for contacting Guild Wars 2 Support Team.

I have reset your Guild Wars 2 account password and an automatically generated e-mail containing a link has been sent to your XXXXXX e-mail address. After clicking the link in the e-mail, you will be directed to the Guild Wars 2 Account Management page to enter your Guild Wars 2 account name and set your new password.

If you did not receive this e-mail, please check any spam/junk mail folders, as some e-mail services might recognize the auto-generated password e-mail as spam.

Please be aware that you may have to re-authorize your e-mail address the next time you log in to the Guild Wars 2 game client.

Also, be sure to read the important information provided in the link below regarding account security for tips on ensuring the future safety of your Guild Wars 2 account:

Title: Mike O’Brien on Account Security
URL: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/mike-obrien-on-account-security/

Also, please be aware that previously used passwords will not be accepted during the reset process and you’ll have to come up with a brand new one to proceed.

Please let me know if you have any other issues or questions!

Regards,
Zayed
Guild Wars 2 Support Team"

I request that he receive a conclusion to this issue, have his account reset yet again, and be sent a link that works. Thank you for all your hard work, and speedy addressing of this matter!!

Posted by: ValeN.3129

ValeN.3129

My trading post do not send my itens or currency to the pickup tab or any other if i either buy, sell or remove listings. Unable to use the Trading Post feature since august 8th. Lots of itens and currency were lost in this hiccup.

Ticket created on august 8th, last update from a representative on the 10th. Reference # is 130809-001032

Twelve days have passed and i still can’t use the trading post, on top of it eating a chunk of my accumulated currency. I’m really desappointed and concerned…

Posted by: ImagoX.4718

ImagoX.4718

Update on: #130812-001066 – RESOLVED!

We got in after the new password reset. thanks so much for taking care of it for us.

Posted by: Sugar D Willis.7352

Sugar D Willis.7352

Hi, i was referred to this thread by a friend. I have been going threw many banns due to a name policy violation with names that i dont believe violated the policy at all. The first name to be banned was Cpt. Browneye, which all that happened was a name change screen popped up no discourse just a name change screen popping up. The second time was when i changed my name to Cpt. Brown Eye. I was banned for 72 hours this time and was finally told that i needed to change my name. So i did change it to El Capitan Brwn I (Roman Numeral). So than i get banned for a 170 hours. After this i asked if i can be named El Capitan Brwn III and was told yes. But in gw2 naming i cant have capitol letters with out a space in between so i picked El Capitan Brwn Esq. Which than i was banned for 335 hours. In fact the reasoning behind banning me for the last name was the GMs interpretation of an abbreviation Esq meaning Esquire for an abbreviation of the suffix esque. I have put forth all effort to work with the GMs of Anet but all thats happend is i get crapped on. my ticket number is Incident: 130814-000547. If i can get any assistance that would be great, thank you.

(edited by Sugar D Willis.7352)

Posted by: Geemo.6018

Geemo.6018

If a feature isn’t added, consider that there may be security reasons that prevent what looks to the average person as a “simple option.” Attempts to change the log-in name on an account are a significant flag for us, as it is often an indicator of a hacked account. Please consider the sensitivity of the process and allow the team to handle each request, properly and conservatively.

You have not provided your ticket number here. That is essential for a follow-up.

Considering accounts are still being hacked it really doesn’t matter what system you have in place. Where would I find a ticket number?

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Update: 22 August 2013

130728-001745; 130810-001793 A response was sent the same day both tickets were filed. He needs to update the ticket to prove ownership of the account, necessary for security reasons. If he did not see the response, check “Spam” and “junk mail” filters.
130812-001066 Agent updated on 8/20 — is this still an issue? If so, please update the ticket.
130807-001101 Resolved
130812-001305 Still awaiting a response (message sent 8/16). The GM would like to see the error message to figure this one out. Thanks.
130805-001971 Agent asked question on 8/12. We’d like to help — could you please update the ticket?
130809-001032 We’re awaiting input from a dev about this one but we’ll answer as soon as we know more.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Maniac Magee.2643

Maniac Magee.2643

#130705-000302 Resolved. TY TY TY. I had given up considering this is not as major as some people’s issues. Again Thankyou.

Posted by: Animosity.3069

Animosity.3069

My account was compromised, and was being used to farm 6th tier materials through botting. I have updated this post because it seems that the account that was compromised has been shut down. I sent in three tickets now, two of them being over a week old, and the other being sent in two days ago. I am currently using a new account while I wait for a response. I cannot post the ticket numbers because the first two tickets were sent in without a support account. The third one that I sent was linked to a support account, but I am not going to bother posting the ticket up for that one, as it’s only been two days. I would really appreciate a response to these tickets.

(edited by Animosity.3069)

Posted by: Gitchy.7941

Gitchy.7941

SERIOUSLY!!! CAN I GET MY FREAKING EMAIL ALREADY?!!! 130823-000810
MY EMAIL WAS CHANGED BUT I WAS NEVER SENT A LINK TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD AND NOW I CAN’T EVEN PLAY.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Aped Hog.8291

Aped Hog.8291

Posting yet a third time on behalf of my friend.
Ticket # 130807-001101
Resolved? My friend was informed that he would be given a new serial code to get his hacked account back. This was almost two weeks ago. Nothing was given to him since then.

And I have another problem. MY GW2 DISPLAY NAME was changed. No reasons stated, no emails or warnings issued, not even given the choice to choose a new display name. What is going on here?

HO BRAH, DAS ONE ANGUS, AH?!

Posted by: fathamburger.8453

fathamburger.8453

130825-000859 and 130825-000890 for accidental soulbound items, despite the fact that items were never equipped, just had a skin applied and another transmuted respectively. I was asking if they could be unsoulbound.

The reply was just flat out saying we cannot help. No attempts to even understand the situation (each ticket was for a different item) or compensate in some other manner if the CS reps could not modify or replace items. I mentioned that gold could compensate in helping me craft replacements. Hopefully they can do something about that but just the blowoff despite a probably overworked and underpaid staff was not appreciated

Woman Scorned – 80 Sylvari Elementalist
OMG U Noobs – 80 Norn Guardian
Jade Quarry server

(edited by Moderator)

Animosity.3069

Worst support ever! 130825-000859 and 130825-000890 for accidental soulbound items, despite the fact that items were never equipped, just had a skin applied and another transmuted respectively. I was asking if they could be unsoulbound.

The reply was just flat out saying we cannot help. No attempts to even understand the situation (each ticket was for a different item) or compensate in some other manner if the CS reps could not modify or replace items. I mentioned that gold could compensate in helping me craft replacements. Hopefully they can do something about that but just the blowoff despite a probably overworked and underpaid staff was not appreciated

Sorry, but how did you not know that once you transmute something, it is soulbound? If you try to think about it, it makes perfect sense. Why would you be allowed to post something on the Trading Post when it has a different name and stats than it should have?

Posted by: fathamburger.8453

fathamburger.8453

Worst support ever! 130825-000859 and 130825-000890 for accidental soulbound items, despite the fact that items were never equipped, just had a skin applied and another transmuted respectively. I was asking if they could be unsoulbound.

Sorry, but how did you not know that once you transmute something, it is soulbound? If you try to think about it, it makes perfect sense. Why would you be allowed to post something on the Trading Post when it has a different name and stats than it should have?

Who said anything about listing them on the trading post? It’s always been soulbound on USE. Transmuting is not using, they are never equipped or consumed. Basically even when you just apply a skin to something, it counts as a “use” when that weapon is never swung, equipped or even fired.

Anyway nothing is lost if transmuting or skinning something doesnt count as using them. It’s not like that condition is there to prevent.. what? characters from sharing skins? so a) if this is unintended behaviour and it does seem like its the case, it should be fixed b) the CS guys should have way better tools, even if this is something that needs a supervisor override.

Woman Scorned – 80 Sylvari Elementalist
OMG U Noobs – 80 Norn Guardian
Jade Quarry server

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

130811-000585. Still waiting on recovering my gem skin for 3 weeks now.

Posted by: Areann.1304

Areann.1304

Support ticket: 130624-002583 submitted at 06/24/2013

Hoping that I have found the right way to submit my case for review:

Hello

Sorry if my personal message 11 days ago came over as rude, I actually didn’t excpect a response anymore. You suggested I made a forum post, so I did, but that was in the wrong thread.

What it comes down to is that my soulbound legendary is gone because I accidently sold it to a vendor. Support has found that I made it but couldn’t find the selling to a vendor in the database.

My biggest concern is actually that it can happen to other people who could then leave the game. I lead a guild, so I’m not leaving anytime soon :-)
But since legendaries get an upgrade comming update, I really whould like it back.

Overview of my attempts for support so far, sorry I didn’t do it right, didn’t know how.

Support ticket: 130624-002583 submitted at 06/24/2013

I did make a forum post, it got locked without any notification:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/legendary-sold-to-vendor-support-can-t-help/first#post2372347

I also made a post on the general forum section:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Oh-no-did-I-vendor-my-Bifrost-for/page/2#post2298387

I have sent you a pm about this 39 days ago
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/readpm/419608

And I have sent another pm 11 days ago
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/readpm/432207

Kind regards
Arean,

(edited by Areann.1304)

Animosity.3069

My account was compromised, and was being used to farm 6th tier materials through botting. I have updated this post because it seems that the account that was compromised has been shut down. I sent in three tickets now, two of them being over a week old, and the other being sent in two days ago. I am currently using a new account while I wait for a response. I cannot post the ticket numbers because the first two tickets were sent in without a support account. The third one that I sent was linked to a support account, but I am not going to bother posting the ticket up for that one, as it’s only been two days. I would really appreciate a response to these tickets.

Resolved. Thank you.

Posted by: cerberus.1937

cerberus.1937

[Incident: 130814-002?128]
sent first mail 8/14
got a few cookie cutter responses asking for information sent all information it 3 different times and stopped getting any sort of response over a week ago. Issue still unresolved and sent all information a few times, any help would be great thanks!

(edited by cerberus.1937)

Posted by: Xunae.4529

Xunae.4529

Ticket# 130807-000572

My issue began almost 4 weeks ago, I haven’t received a response in over a week, and I haven’t received a response that was anything more than copy paste in 20 days. The issue hasn’t be resolved.

Posted by: Redox.9210

Redox.9210

Hi,
missing Gem Store item from mail
130811-002448

Tiny Siege Turtles – Blacktide EU

Posted by: AKLbow.2463

AKLbow.2463

Ticket #: 130819-002241

It’s been almost two weeks. What’s going on? You guys sent me a “survey” to tell you how well you did but didn’t send me an answer regarding my issue?

[Envy]
Viohlent – Thief

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Update No. 1: 28 August 2013

130705-000302  Resolved
130807-001101 Resolved as confirmed by customer on 8/26.
Animosity.3069 Resolved. Never got the ticket number, but I’m glad this is ok.
130823-000810 Agent resolved with a reset on 8/24. Please update the ticket if you did not get that response.
130825-000859; 130825-000890 We do understand the issues: You made errors and want them reversed. Unfortunately, we do not have the tools to do that. I am sorry that you are unhappy, but we are not able to help you, it’s really that simple.
130624-002583 As explained, we cannot verify, despite several tries, that you had the item in question. Therefore, we are not able to assist you with this item replacement request.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Update No. 2: 28 August 2013

Ticket Numbers
130814-002128
130807-000572
130811-002448
130811-000585

I want you to know that we all agree that this is a long-term issue that we need to address. If you answered the questions in the ticket sent to you on 20 August, we will make resolution of these issues a priority and hope to have each of them resolved in the very near future.

If you did not respond to that ticket, or if you can provide more information, please update your ticket. That will not lose your place in the queue.

We apologize for the delay in addressing this issue (which for those of you not involved is tied to a rare issue with in-game mail deliveries) and we are making this a priority tomorrow morning!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Eruanga.1892

Eruanga.1892

Dear Anet,

this is my ticket number 30811-002521, i posted like a week ago about the missing mails, where the wallet patch cannibalized the other mails… I lost both my braham’s mace and shield from my mails…

the email i received from gwsupport told me to empty my mail, but that wasnt the issue… the issue was the cannibalized mails from the wallet patch…

thank you

(edited by Eruanga.1892)

Posted by: applecup.3047

applecup.3047

Update No. 2: 28 August 2013

Ticket Numbers
130814-002128
130807-000572
130811-002448
130811-000585

I want you to know that we all agree that this is a long-term issue that we need to address. If you answered the questions in the ticket sent to you on 20 August, we will make resolution of these issues a priority and hope to have each of them resolved in the very near future.

If you did not respond to that ticket, or if you can provide more information, please update your ticket. That will not lose your place in the queue.

We apologize for the delay in addressing this issue (which for those of you not involved is tied to a rare issue with in-game mail deliveries) and we are making this a priority tomorrow morning!

Hi Gaile. Thank you for posting updates on this issue! I am also affected by this and have a ticket which was last updated on the 20th: 130807-002617

thanks

[III] Third Legio, Aurora Glade
An Officer and a Gentlewoman

Posted by: Kandirma.2085

Kandirma.2085

Incident: 130816-000393 (most up-to-date)
&
Incident: 130815-000502

(same incident, one ticket from each party involved.)

Posted by: Cassvenom.6713

Cassvenom.6713

I’m posting on behalf of my husband, he’s unable to log in. He needs his email changed. All required information is already in the ticket. Can someone please look into this asap. Thank you.

Ticket number:
130830-000272

Posted by: Rainie.7154

Rainie.7154

130829-000332 This incident have been solved but yet its merge in with the new ticket which is 130829-002037. And in this situation my account Rainie.7154 and my son account royalpinky.1408 are on the same email address so in this case royalpinky.1408 can’t log in but only can Rainie.7154. And since this incident at times when Rainie.7154 is log in you will see royalpinky.1408 online on top of that Rainie.7154 account have lost all of my 80 “Laurels”. So in simple words 2 GW2 accounts in 1 email address. Please help me fix this issue thank you very much.

Posted by: Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Ticket: 130826-002489. Opened 8/26/13. Resolved, closed, then reopened on 9/1 when support changed the email on the account for the 2nd time without prior notification. This makes the third time I’m having to recover this account and it’s honestly wearing quite thin on me. The original ticket is 130723-002074 which was opened on 7/23/13, so I’ve been dealing with this ongoing problem for over a month. Could you or someone please look into this for me and help me resolve this issue permanently? Thanks.

EDIT: Support has now changed MY account email instead of the account I opened the ticket for. They’re only making this more complicated than it needs to be. My account email needs to be changed back to what it was and the funlovnjim.1354 is the one that needed to be changed for my son.

EDIT (2): A GM finally responded and corrected the two emails associated with the respective accounts. For now this has been resolved, and hopefully support will not change the email again, forcing me to recover this account for a 4th time.

Leader – Swords of the Immortals [SOTI]
Greens Mystic – Mesmer | Google Deez – Ranger
Dragonbrand since day 1

(edited by Greens Daily Ritual.9025)

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I hope this is the right place:
[Incident: 130830-002231]
I am looking for a better resolution as currently one has not been provided. Just received a simply sorry email. I bought the heroic edition and made the wrong choice. I simply asked for the item to be restored and or refunded.

“The Guild Wars 2 Support Team is only able to provide restoration of the Heroic Edition items to Heroic or Digital Deluxe Edition accounts within a short time after their receipt of the items.”

But then I am told you can’t or won’t do this. At the time I received this first response it had been 1 day, we are now into the 3 day mark and customer support feels this issue is closed but without any resolution.

I made a mistake in my purchase I am asking you to please fix that mistake. Simple customer service stuff here. I have kept all emails too and from me and customer support if that helps at all.

Not sure how much detail to post here so I’ll cut it short waiting for a response if you need more info. I am sure the ticket number can provide you with the information you need, if not please do not hesitate to contact me.

Posted by: yellowflow.9687

yellowflow.9687

relaying message from a friend.

130831-000011. Just purchased the game and was banned for my name: Ourowboros. My account has been suspended for more days than the few hours I have used it. If there was a problem with the name I would have changed it immediately, or at least let me use a different character so I can actually try the game. It is unfortunate that once my payment was received and the transaction was finalized signaling that my business and attention had already been captured, any more benefits to be gleaned would be marginal if not negligible: the incentive to retain customers must be very low.

Posted by: EternalEnvy.9056

EternalEnvy.9056

Need help!!!!!!

Hey, I want to change my e-mail login for guild wars 2. I used my old hotmail for this account and I forgot the password. Please help me.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Need help!!!!!!

Hey, I want to change my e-mail login for guild wars 2. I used my old hotmail for this account and I forgot the password. Please help me.

You will need to contact support. Go to the support tab at the top of the page and then to ‘ask a question’. Fill out a ticket to request an email update.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: oshik.3041

oshik.3041

Hello,
About a week ago i tried to purchase the 25 transmutation stones from the TP. the price for 25 is 800 gems. due to a lag spike, which of course i wasnt aware of till it was too late, i purchased the item twice. lost 1600 gems for 50 Transmutation stones (i dont need 50).
Gold is hard to come by in this game and losing that amount because of a lag spike just isnt fair.
I submitted a ticket right after it happened, but got no response.
Waiting to hear from you.

Posted by: Areann.1304

Areann.1304

130624-002583: You can’t verify that I had the item in question, yet I just received the mail that my legendary has been upgraded. Thank you, I guess. Screenshot attached of the mail in game.

Attachments:

Posted by: MrTopping.7950

MrTopping.7950

After my account was hacked for a second time, I was granted a rare 2nd roll back.

How ever, I got an email on 27th August asking me to make sure my computer was clean of further viruses, I did a complete system re-install after the 2nd hack because the Guild Wars security did not mention this, so I taken action into my own hands.

I was then asked to provide a new email address “Send me a new email address that I can set to be your new GW2 login name” I did so 28th of August.

Since then I have emailed ‘Landry Customer Support Supervisor’ With my email to no reply, I have asked for an update on whats going on to no reply.

As I have stated in my emails, I am thankful for a second roll back but almost a week gone by without a reply of any sorts is just unprofessional and unacceptable.

Can any support staff help me get this process done quicker?

Here is my ticket number.

“2 Restoration D [Incident: 130818-001058]”

Posted by: Anansi.4318

Anansi.4318

130831-000011 has been resolved. Thank you so much.

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Incident: 130830-002231 has been resolved. Thank you very much.

Posted by: cerberus.1937

cerberus.1937

[Incident: 130814-002?128]
sent first mail 8/14
got a few cookie cutter responses asking for information sent all information it 3 different times and stopped getting any sort of response over a week ago. Issue still unresolved and sent all information a few times, any help would be great thanks!

not sure how to update ticket but
ticket 130814-002128

received reply saying they had found my items and they were asking for one more piece of information. I sent that information and its been 4 days with no response at all. not sure why it would take 4 days once I sent that info if they had the items, but still didn’t receive anything.

so issue still unresolved

Posted by: MrTopping.7950

MrTopping.7950

“ Restoration D [Incident: 130818-001058] Incident resolved thank you very much.

Posted by: Vivcent.9107

Vivcent.9107

My friend submitted his tickets for a hacked account and lost password a while ago and he hasnt heard anything back from support.

Can I get a follow up on these two tickets?

130901-003145
130902-000218

Valkyria Immortalis[VLK] – HoD
Mergh/Warrior