O.o blank thread?

Edit: no, just page messing with me :P

List of Mesmer Bugs (Older Thread)

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Max Gladius.6930

Max Gladius.6930

O.o blank thread?

You were trolled by the malfunctioning Forums…
I think the 2 dev teams have a bet going… to see which of them can fail worse and have players keep using them….

Mesmers or Forums…

Which will everyone stop using first?!?!

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

lol yeah it seems. What happened was when I clicked the link on Bugs page it opened this thread with a blank page, only title and such but without pagination links on top and bottom. So soon I posted something the pagination links showed up and then I saw I was trolled by the system :P

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

can someone test if ether feast is bugged out? someone mentioned it was buggy since the patch….

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Perhaps it’s a bug that only shows up with so many blasts on a specific field. I’ll do more testing and report back.

Yes, that may be the problem, as I blasted a Chaos Storm in PvE straight away. However if there is a cap/bug for combo fields, it might not be mesmer-specific.

O.o blank thread?

Decoy, performed by the mesmer bug thread! :P

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: johnnyg.3186

johnnyg.3186

I’m not sure if this is a bug but I get the feeling when I use Decoy with a full set Traveler runes on I think Veles slows down for no reason, has anyone else noticed this with Decoy and the Traveler runes ?

Veles Iris
Mesmer Fort Aspenwood

Lishtenbird.2814

I’m not sure if this is a bug but I get the feeling when I use Decoy with a full set Traveler runes on I think Veles slows down for no reason, has anyone else noticed this with Decoy and the Traveler runes ?

What is your scenario? If you roam and use decoy to skip a mob, your illusion will target the closest mob and put you in combat mode, therefore reducing your speed. (It’s the same when you use Spear skill 2 underwater BTW.)

Posted by: Hlord.5940

Hlord.5940

Also it seems that Illusionary Elasticity doesn’t effect Phantasmal Disenchanter

selan.8354

Various skills will go on cooldown after you swap them in.

this one annoys me the most. lets say i got to hide in a keep and used veil. finally im out of combat, but now i wanna swap to portal. i wanna swap my decoy that is not on cooldown out. and swoop portal there, but has a cooldown of 80 seconds same as veil. this screwed me over so many times and it happens every time.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Tigerlily.3765

Tigerlily.3765

+1 for all these

Sword #3 just kills me, it is so broken so as to be virtually unusable in pvp.

Posted by: basepi.9768

basepi.9768

+1 for all these

Not just PvP, either. The place where it makes me most angry when this doesn’t work is definitely PvP or WvW, but it also often fails in PvE (biggest time it frustrates me is when I try to root the final boss in the underground fractal so we can pour the lava on him).

It’s called Illusionary Leap. And it does not function like a leap. This is the most important mesmer bug to be fixed, in my opinion.

Max Gladius.6930

Sad that no red posts have hit this….

Plausible Deniability…

I have been running wvw lately on my mesmer (since i have to hit lvl 30 wvw suddently to craft another legendary)

OMG can focus 4 PLEASE stack time on speed boost… its freaking killing me… mesmers are always the back of the bus unless we are sporting blink….

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Well as of about 20mins ago I cant get Decoy or Mirror Image skills to function.. I get the stealth with Decoy but no clone.. Mirror Image just fizzes momentarily and no clones.
Added to that mobs are still targeting my Mesmer when stealthed.. and for the love of all things holy fix the kitten speed booast issue with Focus 4!!

The performance of this game has gone to the dogs since EOTM patch with random crashes all over the place and skill lags everywhere not just in Mists/WvW.. so at the very least get our Mesmers ruddy well working as they are supposed!!!!

selan.8354

Well as of about 20mins ago I cant get Decoy or Mirror Image skills to function.. I get the stealth with Decoy but no clone.. Mirror Image just fizzes momentarily and no clones.
Added to that mobs are still targeting my Mesmer when stealthed.. and for the love of all things holy fix the kitten speed booast issue with Focus 4!!

The performance of this game has gone to the dogs since EOTM patch with random crashes all over the place and skill lags everywhere not just in Mists/WvW.. so at the very least get our Mesmers ruddy well working as they are supposed!!!!

yep decoy has been buggy for a while. very often i wont get a clone. but mirror used to work.hmm did they do a hotfix or something?
ugh why are we sooooo darn depending on stupid ai to work. ai in this game is sooo buggy!!!!anet, just give us options to spec for non ai builds like necro can so at least when u destroy our illusions and all the stupid ai we can at least use another build that is non ai like not depending on clones like not depending on phantasms that bug out like not having an los and obstructed bug because of ai oh and like no ai!
abviously ai is hard to program, so why on earth would u force a light armor class to be a pet ai stupid 1v1 only class that always gets hit with a ton of bugs?
just give us NORMAL aoe groundtarget aoe and we can at least still function

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Stal.8754

Stal.8754

+1 for all these

Yep. Seems to be unusable on the majority of the terrain in EotM :-(

Naazimber – Mesmer – Ring of Fire [EU]

Lishtenbird.2814

Hey guys, just popped in to ask for a couple of things.

In this thread, you are welcome to:

• report bugs
  • test reported bugs and provide additional info
  • tell us in short why a specific bug is seriously affecting your gameplay (thus bumping the thread)

But please:

• try to keep calm when commenting on bugs
  • try to stay on topic and not to derail the thread

We all know how annoying those bugs are, but we don’t want the thread to get locked for a silly reason.

I’ll test some bugs and update the 1st posts tonight.

Attachments:

selan.8354

yeah would be great if we got anet to respond to these bugs. we all keep testing and almost all of the bugs have videos that show the bugs. so response please?

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Lishtenbird.2814

Updated the 3rd post a bit.

Also it seems that Illusionary Elasticity doesn’t effect Phantasmal Disenchanter

Could not reproduce (tested in PvP area).

Well as of about 20mins ago I cant get Decoy or Mirror Image skills to function..

yep decoy has been buggy for a while. very often i wont get a clone.

AFAIK the only scenario when Decoy will not generate a clone is when there is no targetable mobs/players in the vicinity. The same thing happens with spear 2. Can you still reproduce it? There’ve been some DC’s and lags because of a DDoS attack on many game servers including GW2’s.

Added to that mobs are still targeting my Mesmer when stealthed..

Some more info on this? Can you still reproduce it?

Yeah, that drives me crazy. I don’t even understand how people manage to play in PvP with such reliability… It even looks like a bug-nerf – “Let’s brake it and not fix it because it’s too OP!” Same as Warden (and the fortunately fixed exploding illusions).

selan.8354

Could not reproduce (tested in PvP area).

Well as of about 20mins ago I cant get Decoy or Mirror Image skills to function..

yep decoy has been buggy for a while. very often i wont get a clone.

AFAIK the only scenario when Decoy will not generate a clone is when there is no targetable mobs/players in the vicinity. The same thing happens with spear 2. Can you still reproduce it? There’ve been some DC’s and lags because of a DDoS attack on many game servers including GW2’s.

Added to that mobs are still targeting my Mesmer when stealthed..

Some more info on this? Can you still reproduce it?

Yeah, that drives me crazy. I don’t even understand how people manage to play in PvP with such reliability… It even looks like a bug-nerf – “Let’s brake it and not fix it because it’s too OP!” Same as Warden (and the fortunately fixed exploding illusions).

well the problem i had with decoy was, i was attacked and in combat and it only bugs out when im like to their side and decoy then, when im infront of them its fine,but not when im on the side. but maybe it was during lag attack and bugged out for me only. ill test this agin tonight.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

johnnyg.3186

Bump for the fixes please.

Veles Iris
Mesmer Fort Aspenwood

johnnyg.3186

Oh EotM with varied terrain + mesmer skills = fail / death.

Veles Iris
Mesmer Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: basepi.9768

basepi.9768

At this point I’ve played with it enough I usually know when I’m about to cast it whether I can reasonably expect it to reach its target in a timely manner. I tend to try to save it until I’m on fairly flat ground, but even then it will often bug out. Losing a kill because of this inconsistency is infinitely more frustrating than being outplayed.

Stal.8754

bump bump bump!

Tigerlily.3765

I noticed another today. Trait X in Duelling does not work if you are wielding an elemental weapon – no clone is created on dodge while holding FGS.

Stal.8754

I noticed another today. Trait X in Duelling does not work if you are wielding an elemental weapon – no clone is created on dodge while holding FGS.

This sounds like it could be intentional, as otherwise there would be an issue with clones spawning with the elemental weapon :-)

Sounds like it could be a classic Anet “quick fix” by just not making clones spawn at all, rather than making it work correctly, which would require additional logic…

selan.8354

This sounds like it could be intentional, as otherwise there would be an issue with clones spawning with the elemental weapon :-)

Sounds like it could be a classic Anet “quick fix” by just not making clones spawn at all, rather than making it work correctly, which would require additional logic…

yeah thats not a bug. fiery gs is none of your own skills so should not be affected by your traits.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Tigerlily.3765

Hmmm.. it’s obviously not the case that all your traits stop working when you’re wielding an elemental weapon. And the trait its not tied to wielding a particular weapon or using a mesmer skill. I mean mender’s purity (for example) doesn’t stop working when I use fgs.

I take the point about a clone spawning holding fgs, though I’m pretty sure clones still spawn when you are holding other bundle items (like something for a quest).

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

TBH I notice clones don’t activate using any trait standard skill when holding anything other than an actual Mes weapon…maybe intentional but for instance when gathering/ carrying items to complete Openworld quests with spawns around you, using those right hand UI skills like decoy or mirror can be useful and ultimately they are skills that are there for a reason not just for show.

johnnyg.3186

Knock Knock …

Veles Iris
Mesmer Fort Aspenwood

johnnyg.3186

Any progress on any of these at all ?

Veles Iris
Mesmer Fort Aspenwood

Max Gladius.6930

I have opened multiple threads on the “holding world item no spawns of clones” multiple times and I think people don’t understand what I was stating…

If you hold anything, other than the default Mesmer weapons you cannot spawn any clones.

This includes all of the following:
Reflection Crystal in Maw Fractal
Torch in Snow blind Fractal and other locations
Any Ele spawned weapon
Banners from warriors
Equipment (siege) boxes in WvW
Rocks / Boulders in random locations…

The spawn on dodge and utilities that should spawn clones will not, but the utilities sure do go into cool down….

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

I have opened multiple threads on the “holding world item no spawns of clones” multiple times and I think people don’t understand what I was stating…

If you hold anything, other than the default Mesmer weapons you cannot spawn any clones.

This includes all of the following:
Reflection Crystal in Maw Fractal
Torch in Snow blind Fractal and other locations
Any Ele spawned weapon
Banners from warriors
Equipment (siege) boxes in WvW
Rocks / Boulders in random locations…

The spawn on dodge and utilities that should spawn clones will not, but the utilities sure do go into cool down….

The general term for all those is ‘bundle’.

The no clones with bundles bug was introduced with the bazaar of the 4 winds patch. It (obviously) hasn’t been fixed.

Stal.8754

bump

/15chars

selan.8354

wow so we have patches for the new story, but not a single bug got fixed. i mean just iwarden or something would be a start….i still cant hit unbuilt oil with my gs, i still get random obstructed, terrible los, iwarden broken, phasntasmal haste broken…cmon please please fix. some of these bugs are really terrible. just start with 1 for each class per patch.
how about fixing the ai not attacking bugs in 1 patch: necro, and im sure ranger and mesmers need this fixed.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Stal.8754

These will probably get pushed even further down the list (if they’re even on the list, or if there even IS a list!!) what with the whole host of new bugs they’ve introduced with the patch.

Armour bugs, lots of bugged events in LA, jumping puzzle bug, inventory window bug, etc, etc.

No mesmer bug introduced this patch though (yet), so at least that’s new…..

Posted by: MesmeForever.3612

MesmeForever.3612

Mesmers used to be able to clone-dodge while wielding a bundle. The resulting clone would use whatever the Mesmer’s main hand weapon was before picking up the bundle, if I’m not mistaken. Haven’t used that trait in awhile, though, so I wasn’t aware it was broken. I think all these bugs are worth considering, though. However, Anet have their hands full with the ambitious releases they’ve been pushing out and fixing Mesmer bugs only appeases a fraction of the community, rather than wowing everyone like the destruction of Lion’s Arch does. I don’t think these will be looked at until the programmers at Anet get a second to breathe.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Not meaning to start a riot or something like but it’s just something that has came across my mind… what if all the community would simply ignore the LS events for sake of bug fixes and others? I know that’s unrealistic to think that everyone will join this but if the majority does then that would make some noise. In fact, from the last 5 or 6 LS I hadn’t been even bothered about doing 3 of them because of too much frustration and nonsense all over the place. I mean the community needs to show them what really everyone cares about. New content is always great, but being overwhelmed by shinny new content while being hammered by old bugs is never nice and enjoyable.

Posted by: Kodiko.1603

Kodiko.1603

Ugh, these are all so true. I love my mesmer but some of the bugs are just ridiculous. I absolutely love when my IWarden does absolutely nothing, and oh the consistency of the sword leep jeez. plz Anet help us. T_T

Also, Bump.

Max Gladius.6930

I don’t remember this back piece being this far away from my character prior to the “latest patch” …..

Not a skill, but thought this may be a good place tom mention it, and bump this thread…

Attachments:

Lishtenbird.2814

And now, who’s saying mesmer bugs are not fixed?

ANet, I got a request: please make Kasmeer the main hero of the next LS and put her in the gem store.

Max Gladius.6930

I believe the Phantasmal Disenchanter is not counting correctly for “daily condition remover”

It is not counting per condition removed even though he is removing conditions…

Pyroatheist.9031

Just did some testing with Illusionary Counter (scepter 2). It’s bugged pretty badly.

Base Cooldown: 10 seconds.

Behavior with either Illusionist’s Celerity or Malicious Sorcery: 8 second cooldown if untriggered, if used for the active, or if the block is triggered.

Behavior with both Illusionist’s Celerity and Malicious Sorcery: 6 second cooldown if untriggered or used for the active, but a 8 second cooldown if the block is triggered.

(edited by Pyroatheist.9031)

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

Just did some testing with Illusionary Counter (scepter 2). It’s bugged pretty badly.

Behavior with either Illusionist’s Celerity or Malicious Sorcery: 8 second cooldown if untriggered, if used for the active, or if the block is triggered.

Behavior with both Illusionist’s Celerity and Malicious Sorcery: 6 second cooldown if untriggered or used for the active, but a 10 second cooldown if the block is triggered.

Urgh…

Did you test Illusionary Riposte, too?

selan.8354

hmm maybe we should make a list about things that do work correctly…that list would be shorter than the bug list.

btw cant hit barely anything on walls with gs. unbuilt oil no matter where i stand ill get bstructed, cannon cant be hit hit from 85% of all angles… players on wall nearly unhitable. all i get is obstructed obstructed obstructed.
i get similar issue when im on the wall myself and try to hit other targets that are on the same wall. they could be infront of me and ill still get obstructed a lot. but absolute worst is when u are on the wall and trying to hit people on the stairs. obstructed obstructed …… ugh

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Xaylin.1860

hmm maybe we should make a list about things that do work correctly…that list would be shorter than the bug list.

btw cant hit barely anything on walls with gs. unbuilt oil no matter where i stand ill get bstructed, cannon cant be hit hit from 85% of all angles… players on wall nearly unhitable. all i get is obstructed obstructed obstructed.
i get similar issue when im on the wall myself and try to hit other targets that are on the same wall. they could be infront of me and ill still get obstructed a lot. but absolute worst is when u are on the wall and trying to hit people on the stairs. obstructed obstructed …… ugh

I get that you are frustrated but the negativity some people (from different classes) currently spread across the forum is a bit unproductive. It might ultimatively lead to other people not taking threads like this seriously because of whining which comes with it.

So, let’s pull it together. Big hug from me. But please, calm down.

GS 1 not hitting is most likely caused by slopes and heigth differences. For example, it doesn’t work in the dredge fractal when destroying the turrets. It should definitely be added to the bug list but probably is no Mesmer-only problem.

Pyroatheist.9031

Behavior with both Illusionist’s Celerity and Malicious Sorcery: 6 second cooldown if untriggered or used for the active, but a 10 second cooldown if the block is triggered.

Urgh…

I didn’t. I also mistyped there, it’s an 8 second cooldown with both, it doesn’t go back up to 10 thankfully.

Xaylin.1860

Urgh…

I didn’t. I also mistyped there, it’s an 8 second cooldown with both, it doesn’t go back up to 10 thankfully.

Did a quick test on a golem in the mists (1. without traits, 2. with Blade Training, 3. with IC, 4. with Blade Training and IC). Illusionary Riposte appears to be fine cooldown-wise although I only checked displayed cooldown on the skill itself when using it. However, it still displays a false 12s cooldown in the tooltip when using Blade Training and IC.

Posted by: Mystogan.3907

Mystogan.3907

I’ve noticed that the phantasms don’t give credit for the weapon master achievements, small but silly.

Illusionary Leap and Phantasmal Haste are both I’d love to see fixed.

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Urgh…

Did a quick test on a golem in the mists (1. without traits, 2. with Blade Training, 3. with IC, 4. with Blade Training and IC). Illusionary Riposte appears to be fine cooldown-wise although I only checked displayed cooldown on the skill itself when using it. However, it still displays a false 12s cooldown in the tooltip when using Blade Training and IC.

So – I can confirm this was accurate as of the last patch (meaning 2/4). At that time, I’m pretty sure Malicious Sorcery didn’t affect the actual recharge of either the un-triggered or triggered (only Illusionist’s Celerity did). Pyro I will re-test based on your findings yesterday.

Illusionary Riposte has worked as expected with both individual (BT), global (IC) and combined trait recharges as of two or three patches ago (stealth fixed), though it was bugged badly before that.

EDIT: I haven’t re-tested since the 2/18 patch.

I also mistyped there, it’s an 8 second cooldown with both, it doesn’t go back up to 10 thankfully.

Yeah in my experience this was because IC was doing that (not MS).

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

(edited by skcamow.3527)

Stal.8754

Is there any body out there…..?