Announcing the Known Issue Tracker

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: GM Awesomeness

GM Awesomeness

Self Help Administrator

Found a bug and want to know if we’re working on fixing it? Check out our Known Issue Tracker! It’s updated several times a week with all the major problems we’re currently working on.

The tracker is here: https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/231272908-Known-Issue-Tracker

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

This is Awesome.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Ohhh.. finally xD Although I still think that using an issue tracker like Bugzilla, Jira and others would be a lot more useful and helpful. But that page is a big step forward anyway

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

This could use a post in the regular forums or something. I wouldn’t have noticed this if not for the “dev tracker”, and I’m sure a lot of people would like to know about it.

shadow.6174

This could use a post in the regular forums or something. I wouldn’t have noticed this if not for the “dev tracker”, and I’m sure a lot of people would like to know about it.

Well, it’s a stick thread, it will be always easily visible (if you came here through Dev Tracker then you possibly didn’t notice that indeed).

GM Awesomeness

Self Help Administrator

Next

The conversation on Reddit has been pretty lively, so I’m cross-posting some stuff from there:

Why isn’t [X issue] on the list? Does that mean ANet doesn’t think it’s a problem/won’t fix it?
Just because something isn’t on the list doesn’t mean we don’t think it’s an issue or aren’t working on fixing it. It’s still a work in progress (and always will be, since new bugs pop up and old bugs are fixed on a daily basis).

The list is missing a lot of things. Inclusion on the list is not based solely on the number of reports – to be honest it’s mostly a matter of it coming on my radar. There are several ways that can happen:

• In-game reports
  • Customer Support tickets
  • Posts in the official bug forums (I try to keep up on these but sometimes miss things)
  • Reddit posts (same as the forums)
  • Me painstakingly combing through our bug database

As it says at the top the tracker, two types of bugs are also intentionally not included:

1. Very minor stuff (like typos, small display issues, or super-edge-case stuff that will likely never be seen by anyone)
  2. Anything that could be exploited

Where are all the Dungeon/Fractal bugs?
This list is still a work in progress – expect to see more of these added tomorrow and next week.

Why don’t you just show us your bug tracker with JIRA or something, like Minecraft does?
We discussed doing something similar, but that would also expose supar sekret stuff so we couldn’t (which is unfortunate for me because it would also be a lot less work). The other downside to doing it that way would be making users comb through ALL the bugs (including stuff like typos, translation errors, tiny clipping problems, and other assorted things that don’t actually impact gameplay).

Why do I get a Zendesk error when I try to look at the list in a non-English language?
Zendesk is the platform we use for our Support site, and it’s kind of finicky with languages – all the different language versions have their own URL, so you have to have your language set to the URL you’re on or you get that error (we’re working on fixing this in the coming months, but it’ll be a while). Links to the non-English versions:

Due to the time it takes for our localization partners to translate the text, non-English versions of the tracker may be slightly out of date.

Edited to explain what Zendesk is.

(edited by GM Awesomeness.8619)

Previous

GM Awesomeness

Self Help Administrator

Next

Time for me to go home. I’ll be monitoring this thread again tomorrow, so feel free to post anything you feel should be on this list but isn’t. Reports I plan to look into tomorrow (in addition to the usual checks mentioned above):

Dungeon/Fractal bugs
Hearts & Minds
The Great Oouo Event Chain
Juggernaut effects for scrapper
Tribal armor
Line of Sight issues (Blaze Breaker and potentially others)
Hunter’s Ward not showing up for enemy players
Mini display being turned off

Posted by: Kahrin.2137

Kahrin.2137

I love being able to know what’s up behind the scenes and if issues are being worked on! The issue tracker is great!
I see you mentioned the Tribal Armor set! Please don’t forget about the Stalwart set (I would swap to that in an instant if I could get my hands on it), and the other previously similarly attainable sets, that are now unattainable.

Posted by: Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

this post just renewed a lot of my respect for anet this has been needed for so long it is now bookmarked on my pc and on phone for those woops i forgot the news paper moments

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Time for me to go home. I’ll be monitoring this thread again tomorrow, so feel free to post anything you feel should be on this list but isn’t. Reports I plan to look into tomorrow (in addition to the usual checks mentioned above):

Dungeon/Fractal bugs
Hearts & Minds
The Great Oouo Event Chain
Juggernaut effects for scrapper
Tribal armor
Line of Sight issues (Blaze Breaker and potentially others)
Hunter’s Ward not showing up for enemy players
Mini display being turned off

Also, look into destroyer scythe too if you can. It was a PvP Only skin just like Tribal armor. Thank you for your hard work.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Destroyer_Scythe

Lastly, in sPvP Matches the Druid Celestial Avatar icon 10x bigger than what its suppose to be. It covers up the endurance bar and doesn’t shrink down until its activated. This happen to my druid at the start of every ranked pvp match.

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

I will leave it here.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Revenant-bug-list/first

(And while were at it, we need sticky threads for rev subforum – pve obal guide and my list )

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

(edited by Burtnik.5218)

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Well, it’s a stick thread, it will be always easily visible (if you came here through Dev Tracker then you possibly didn’t notice that indeed).

Ya, but the stickied threads usually don’t change so I ignore them. Based on how few people have responded to this thread, I bet a lot of people haven’t seen it.

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Ya, but the stickied threads usually don’t change so I ignore them. Based on how few people have responded to this thread, I bet a lot of people haven’t seen it.

I found it in dev tracker due to thread on reddit otherwise i would never find it at all.
_

As for bugs theres one thing i would like to add on – mistward set. Weapons are not adjusted to this set so they all clip inside. A good example would be greatsword on a charr – handle is stuck inside armor unlike other sets.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Heyo – looking for any shadowstep bugs that get cutoff mid shadow return/mid shadowstep etc.

also hoping to see bountiful theft steal fullstacks if it steals them instead of just stealing 2 might from a 25 stack might enemy.

Posted by: GragorR.9768

GragorR.9768

Would this issue be worthy of being added on the list pretty please?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Female-human-only-has-1-animation-now/first

- BG -

(edited by GragorR.9768)

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Whose job is it to update this and what is their expected schedule?

Previous

GM Awesomeness

Self Help Administrator

Next

It’s been a busy day here at the studio, so my bug herding was slowed down by other major happenings. However, I did get through a majority of the reports from yesterday and the tracker’s been updated with the things I could find in our database. If your issue isn’t on there, don’t worry! I’ve made notes on all of them and will continue investigating next week.

shadow.6174

Why don’t you just show us your bug tracker with JIRA or something, like Minecraft does?
We discussed doing something similar, but that would also expose supar sekret stuff so we couldn’t (which is unfortunate for me because it would also be a lot less work). The other downside to doing it that way would be making users comb through ALL the bugs (including stuff like typos, translation errors, tiny clipping problems, and other assorted things that don’t actually impact gameplay).

Well, it’s very understandable about hiding those uber super secrets. However, JIRA and other issue trackers have several security and permissions settings that prevents people to see those stuff. It’s just a matter of tweaking stuff. (Here is an example about JIRA).

Also, what’s the problem with users being able to see minor stuff like typos? Possibly it would make the game look uglier if there are too many bugs but it won’t spoil stuff, contrariwise it will show people that things are being worked on and not ignored. Also, these issue tracker systems have easy filters that would put these minor stuff out of sight for those not interested on them. I still believe that something like that would be a very valuable tool either for devs and the community.

An example of one that’s working very nicely and even has hidden projects only visible to staff: https://jira.secondlife.com/

Anyway, great initiative and keep up the great work.

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

Time for me to go home. I’ll be monitoring this thread again tomorrow, so feel free to post anything you feel should be on this list but isn’t.

Ranked PvP not even counting certain matches
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Ranked-PvP-not-even-counting-certain-matches

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

1) May you please add a column sorting widget?

2) May you please also add “date created” and/or “last updated” columns?

3) Do you know if a “Released” status is possible so entries don’t just disappear when they are indeed added to a build (and patch notes)

4) Is this a Jira plugin or tracked additionally? I’d love to have this for my team’s Jira projects.

shadow.6174

4) Is this a Jira plugin or tracked additionally? I’d love to have this for my team’s Jira projects.

I believe that’s merely a blog/helpdesk post updated manually as they mentioned that an issue tracker system wasn’t going to be used.

Previous

GM Awesomeness

Self Help Administrator

Tracker has been updated again today with some minor changes:

• Solved moved to top
  • Added a “Need more information” status to let players know when we could use their help gathering details about an issue

Re: Jira or formatting changes: right now I’m focused on getting all the major issues in the tracker. I’m talking to our QA and Web Dev teams about changes we can make in the future to make the process more streamlined, but for now the current version (or something very much like it) is what we’re stuck with.

shadow.6174

• Solved moved to top
  • Added a “Need more information” status to let players know when we could use their help gathering details about an issue

Re: Jira or formatting changes: right now I’m focused on getting all the major issues in the tracker. I’m talking to our QA and Web Dev teams about changes we can make in the future to make the process more streamlined, but for now the current version (or something very much like it) is what we’re stuck with.

As I had mentioned before, it’s already better than nothing. Keep up the good work Thanks for the update either.

Posted by: orenwolf.1953

orenwolf.1953

• Solved moved to top

Thank you, SO MUCH, for your work on this. I cannot express enough how wonderful a tool this is to have visible to the playerbase.

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

• Solved moved to top

Definitely, thanks for the news. Good luck with it!

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Awesomeness: would you consider renaming the list to perhaps:

• The Notable Issue Tracker (subtitle: “pick your NITs here!”)
  • The Strategically-Chosen, Raised Issue Tracker (subtitle: “yes, we give a SCRIT”)

I’ve noticed that people assume that you guys aren’t working on issues unless they seem them on the “known” issue tracker. I hope that changing the name slightly will help convey that fact that it’s a manually-curated list that isn’t updated in real time, i.e. that it will always be missing some issues important to the community.

(Still, even if the name remains the same: it’s been a great help in tracking progress on some of the bigger issues and ensuring that more of us are aware of how much stuff you guys get done.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

shadow.6174

Awesomeness: would you consider renaming the list to perhaps:

• The Notable Issue Tracker (subtitle: “pick your NITs here!”)
  • The Strategically-Chosen, Raised Issue Tracker (subtitle: “yes, we give a SCRIT”)

I’ve noticed that people assume that you guys aren’t working on issues unless they seem them on the “known” issue tracker. I hope that changing the name slightly will help convey that fact that it’s a manually-curated list that isn’t updated in real time, i.e. that it will always be missing some issues important to the community.

(Still, even if the name remains the same: it’s been a great help in tracking progress on some of the bigger issues and ensuring that more of us are aware of how much stuff you guys get done.)

Good point. Known Issue Tracker sounds like it’s a list of all known issues, that’s not entirely true in this case as there are more known issues not in that list yes. Maybe a simple change like Major Known Issue Tracker could address it, but Illconceived’s ideas sounds more amusing xD (Is that SCRIT what I think it is? :P)

Posted by: Stryker Ace.4708

Stryker Ace.4708

The last update to this bug tracker is April 8th. Only 2 fixes in all of April so far.

Is this bug tracker thing dropped already? I keep checking for progress, but don’t see much beyond the initial spurt of activity.

shadow.6174

The last update to this bug tracker is April 8th. Only 2 fixes in all of April so far.

Is this bug tracker thing dropped already? I keep checking for progress, but don’t see much beyond the initial spurt of activity.

Well, that list is a curated list and kept manually. Then not all issues and changes will be there and not as fast as one could expect. :/

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Actually, I think it might be just an oopsie daisy because on top of the page it says it was last updated on 8 April, 2016 but if you scroll all the way down it says 20 April, 2016. There are some bugs in the list that got already fixed but are still labeled as verifying etc tho.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by FrouFrou.4958)

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

Having a bug tracker is great. It could help tremendously with keeping duplicate posts in the forum low. Not updating it for 2 weeks isn’t so great. Now we see a lot of duplicate posts again. And I don’t blame people. I often only check the first page to see if the bug is known due to the missing search functionality in the forum (a link to how to do a google search isn’t a proper search functionality!). If I can’t find it on the first page I make a new thread. So maybe you can assign someone the task of updating the bug tracker regularly (at least once a week)?

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

Posted by: pilip.6753

pilip.6753

[Edit] I need to change language to English to see reports.

I can’t access to bug tracker.

Got a 401 error :

Attachments:

(edited by pilip.6753)

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

If anyone didn’t catch that, issue tracker has new address:
https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/231272908-Known-Issue-Tracker

Posted by: danizmax.4329

danizmax.4329

Thanks for the new link… maybe OP should fix it….

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Apparently, this is not kept up-to-date, as the current Jade Fragments node issue is nowhere to be found.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There is no Jade Fragment issue, other than disabling them due to the exploit. You would not find such things in the Known Issue Tracker, which only lists a few bugs.

Posted by: wey daw ming.5784

wey daw ming.5784

Bovine Leadership is broken. Cant finish my Legendary Meteorlogicus . Event says content disabled.

Posted by: ColaBola.2674

ColaBola.2674

I have a small problem because i do daily it does not give me achievements please help 21803 i already have so few days I’m not writing here because I’m looking and I can not find this topic

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I have a small problem because i do daily it does not give me achievements please help 21803 i already have so few days I’m not writing here because I’m looking and I can not find this topic

You’ve likely hit the Daily AP cap of 15,000 points. You can check by mousing over the total at the top left of the window, and if the Daily points and (retired) Monthly points add up to 15,000, you’ve reached the cap.

In the future, you can use Google (see the Sticky in various sub-forums) to search for similar threads (it’s a topic that comes up often).

Good luck.

ColaBola.2674

I do not have 13479 and still give nothing for daily achievements

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Do you have any Monthly Achievement Points? Mouse-over your total Achievement Points to see the break-down.

ColaBola.2674

my achievements premanent 6803 daily 13479 monthly 1521 I do not have much and I still do not give anything for daily

Inculpatus cedo.9234

my achievements premanent 6803 daily 13479 monthly 1521 I do not have much and I still do not give anything for daily

If you add 13479 (Daily AP) and 1521 (Monthly AP), you get 15,000 AP (Daily and Monthly combined), which is the cap. You will no longer receive AP from Dailies.

Posted by: kayeferr.1745

kayeferr.1745

I think the Quaggan Pipe Organ in Caledon Forest is broken it will not open when the song is played correctly