Annoying Sound Bug

Annoying Sound Bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Cathach.5807

Cathach.5807

Never had this before, but the last few days i got it every day. Really annoying when you are in WvW and have to descide wether you want to mute GW2 and play without sound, or restart and sit in the queue.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Tyr.1965

Tyr.1965

What makes this bug unbearable for me is that even turning the game sound completely down doesnt help. I’ll be listening to music and suddenly the sound bug will start coming through the speakers. Incredibly annoying. I wish they would give us a Disable Audio option instead of just a volume slider. Most games have it. Why doesnt GW2?

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

This bug is still occurring… how long has the game been out?

It’s the loudest bug on earth.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: FourTwenty.4268

FourTwenty.4268

bump, how have we not heard from anet about this in 2 months. . .im still getting this

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Blazed.8346

Blazed.8346

How have they not fixed this yet, got it today when I was on the boat at the end of kill Zhaitan quest in the Arah story dungeon. World’s loudest bug a game ever had

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Smoeki.2756

Smoeki.2756

This just started yesterday for me. After IDK how many months? I’m getting it every 3 or 4 hours now. Happened in in the Cursed Shores, WvWvW, FOTM, and COF Path 2.

I haven’t updated any drivers in months, just updated them today to see if it would cure it but it’s happening again after the update. Slider doesn’t work at all for me.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

So i was playing yesterday and a beeping sound started coming. I thought it was my headset but nope so i muted gw2 and it stopped. Anyone else getting this?

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

So…

Is the sound bug ever going to be fixed? It ruin my WvW experience practicly every time.

GW2 remain the only game that has ever caused what appear to be complete hardware malfunction. Why do I say hardware malfunction? Because GW2 breaks the sound about 6/10 times even when exiting the game. Yes, it starts to crackle and break up so one have to reboot the machine. I have never seen anything similar that make a game bug actually have an effect on sound drivers. Usually games just crash, but no. GW2 breaks the sound both ingame and in Windows.

So what’s the latest word from the devs on this? Hard to keep track on all the posts here…

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: WBL.6715

WBL.6715

Recently in dungeons, when a ranger has a pet, I’ve been hearing loud footsteps. I believe it’s coming from the pet. Happens every so often.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Megido.9456

Megido.9456

Today i lost 80% of my sounds when in fractal ( i could only hear some sounds like swinging my gs or moving). Game restart after fractal sloved this but its kinda of annyoing, Before when i was using my recon 3d card i lost shout sounds and few other minor one sand had to reinstal the driver. Now im using my integrated hd audio cuz i thought gw2 dont like my sound card but it seems its not the case. Gw2 never broke my “whole” sound, team speak is working ok even when sound in game brake same if i want to watch a movie while playing or so. Anyone had an issue with missing sounds ?

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Cyndor.7416

Cyndor.7416

Well this is also happing to me I can play fine for a few hours then all of a sudden bam and I have to restart the game to fix it. Glad to see it was supposed to be fixed 3 months ago =)

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Katzyn.9703

Katzyn.9703

I get this “WOOO WOOO WOOO” sound bug whenever I’m in the middle of a zerg vs zerg fight in WvWvW…Very frustrating, since sometimes it makes me crash, and sometimes it doesn’t. I wouldn’t mind so much if I could just take off my headset and not have to hear it, but I run TS with my guild, and have trouble hearing them over the sound glitch…

I think I’ve gotten this bug at least a half dozen times in this past week. Maybe twice, it disconnected me.

Katzy (80 Sylvari Ranger), Katarzynea (80 Norn Elementalist),
Katalii (40ish Asuran Mesmer), Katalyn Galadheon (15ish Human Warrior)

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Bosley.6403

Bosley.6403

Yes, during long sessions I hear a beep that sounds like an alarm and doesn’t go away unless until you restart the game.

(edited by Bosley.6403)

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: xWESTsidex.4980

xWESTsidex.4980

I’m gonna have to agree. This is really annoying in WvW. It’s not even a little annoying. More like really really really annoying.

Lvl 80 Ranger. Lvl 80 Necro.
Officer of Warriors and Rebels [WaR]
Gate of Madness

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Siliconhobbit.4361

Siliconhobbit.4361

Just an update.

After approx. 2 months with my sound settings at near minimal (all sounds turned off including music, except minimal for combat sounds) I yet again received this sound bug while in WvW.

I was just standing in Bluevale tower attempting to place an arrow cart, no zerg attacking, no massive amount of AOE spells going off around me and suddenly it’s blaring in my ear. I had to restart the game to get it to go away. Luckily there was no queue for WvW at the time.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: GostGajol.3147

GostGajol.3147

Yep, I have the same issue. Above and beyond in the annoying factor!

So if any devs check this forum im useing a G35 headset (logitech) wired thru an USB connection.

I hope that other people will post their unique sound devices, so the developers have somewhat an idea if this is a general problem of if it only persists on devices such as my own.

Thanks for a great game altho a few updates will make it greater, I guess its true when they say “things can always get better in mmo’s”.

Best Regards

Wosh Ehrenreich
Ranger from Far Shiverpeaks

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Bad Nursie.2876

Bad Nursie.2876

So glad to see that I’m not the only one. Have to close the game and restart. Pain in the kitten when in the middle of an epic WvW battle.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: RiWiJo.7502

RiWiJo.7502

In the last week I have had this problem occur about 4 times, usually during a large WvW battle—A very loud beeping or thrumming in my left ear. The only way to stop it is relogging. All my audio settings are set to default. Had a similar problem a month or so ago but setting my audio to default seemed to handle it until this last week.

I am not alone all through the battle guild mate after guild mate would get the same problem and have to relog, so it is definitely not my system.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Aileird.6510

Aileird.6510

This bug has just started happening to me in the past 3 days. What changed?

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Oira Tikari.3842

Oira Tikari.3842

I have just started having weird noises in the last couple days. After a bit of confusion I noticed that the sounds are vaguely pet related (when it moves/attacks/is attacked) and go away (for a while) when I swap pets. Seems to be random when it starts, its not whenever I use a specific pet.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

I was running through Kessex Hills this evening with friends. We just completed the heart at the town on the lake (about center bottom of map) and as I was going up to the heart vendor, it sounded like a jet plane was taxiing for take off. I mentioned it and found out that they did not hear it but it certainly was very loud to me.

Unfortunately, I do not have any sound setup to be able to capture this for the devs. But it was really annoying.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: BoothbyTCD.2407

BoothbyTCD.2407

I got this bug tonight for the first time ever in WvW. I have been playing since the first beta weekend and have never gotten any sound problems before. Not sure what I can do to help you track it down. My sound was a little glitchy when I first logged in, and about 15 min after starting WvW if just became the weird alarm sound people seem to have already described above.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: BoothbyTCD.2407

BoothbyTCD.2407

Someone above noted it seemed pet related, and I was in fact on my ranger tonight when it happened.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: mikeybakes.3089

mikeybakes.3089

Hey guys happening to me about once a day, same droning thing as in all the videos. It happened in Ascalon Catacombs Story 3, I was playing a necro at the time. Cheers.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Jolene.7316

Jolene.7316

The pulsating sound is the fmod audio subsystem telling the user it is out of memory:

“When the FMOD mixer thread does an allocation and it fails, it is almost impossible to recover from this gracefully (because of the threaded nature of the system, there is no function to return an error from), and sounds would start to drop out. Because we think this is fatal, and leads to subtle or not so subtle audio bugs – the mixer now emits a pulsating sine wave noise to tell you it is out of memory.”

http://www.fmod.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15120

or http://preview.tinyurl.com/fmodbug

(edited by Jolene.7316)

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

If you’re in proximity with an engineer and there is a lot going on and he or she uses glue shot it will trigger this bug almost instantly.

@ Jolene: How can one be out of memory when most of our machine have 4 gigs or more? Unless our sound cards are memory hogs or there is a memory leak somewhere.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Bahamzero.6783

Bahamzero.6783

I get the bug almost daily. So kittening annoying

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

Lowering the sound quality one notch really helps, as I’ve never had this bug since then.

Elyl Jrend

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Meryt.9823

Meryt.9823

Thanks for the reports, everyone! This is an issue we’ve been tracking for a while now, and I’ve heard we may have a fix for it in the next few days. If you continue seeing it, please let us know.

I see this was posted 3 months ago; though I never had this issue then on my old rig using a M-Audio 10-10LT sound card.
I do get the wooo wooo wooo sine wave since using new gaming rig using onboard realtekHD sound.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: rooster.2745

rooster.2745

exactly , have tolerated the bug for over a week now , and been having to reboot . now my computer is totally crashed and have to get a new power pack now and hopefully my grafix card isnt affected , . and it from GW2 , this happen before in another realm in second*** and it was an infection bomb someone sent thru the system , deliberate ,

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Digitus.8971

Digitus.8971

I thought that was a problem made by my old headset Tritton Ax180 ( worst headset ever) but it is still present now with my brand new logitech g35 but i have found a temporally solution you have to switch, in audio options of course, from default device (or whatever you use) to digital device.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Kiraku.2485

Kiraku.2485

Hi, i have a similar sound issue but slightly different. I have my sound from GW2 turned off in the settings as i use vent alot and the game sounds can sometimes make it hard to hear some ppl in vent. Occasionally i hear a loud sound artifact that quiet frankly scares the heck out of me because it comes randomly and very loudly. Its like the first fraction of a second from a sound event that just gets amplified n lasts for a very brief time then stops. Kinda like someone coming up behind you with a air horn. I dont really know what triggers it tho..

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Meryt.9823

Meryt.9823

I thought that was a problem made by my old headset Tritton Ax180 ( worst headset ever) but it is still present now with my brand new logitech g35 but i have found a temporally solution you have to switch, in audio options of course, from default device (or whatever you use) to digital device.

ye , that works if you want to continue without (analog) sound.
I moved my mixing buffer to max (fully right) instead of Low latency(left). and so far so good. We shall see if the bug occurs again

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Alduin.3410

Alduin.3410

I had this happen to me randomly just the other day. Was an awful, annoying noise. I’ve had the game since launch basically and haven’t had it up until now. I played with the audio settings a bit and haven’t heard it again so we’ll see what happens. It’s rather odd that there are so many complaints about this yet the last reply from an Anet employee was about 2 months ago

Warrior at Heart. Beast by Nature. | http://gw2masters.com

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: rooster.2745

rooster.2745

id advise to hold off playing until is fixed , have read about this , is a virus that attacks through the sound cards an eventually infects your powerpack and or grafix card , thousands have been infected before. was eventually caught, a but not till many had to sepend cash to fix their computer

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Kris.3741

Kris.3741

Just had this issue twice within a quarter hour. Both times in WvW but with a relatively low number of sounds happening at once as not much was going on around me.

It completely ruins the game experience and if it happens again I will certainly not be playing again until I hear something from a developer to at least suggest they are still looking into the issue.

I have never heard this horrible sound before but I am assuming it could be some form of warning the developers put in to alert them when something went wrong with the sounds. A virus that alerts you to its presence by playing a siren noise seems a little far fetched, but a warning that ignores the game volume seems quite useful.

We need the A-team on this right way

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: The Coppermind.5974

The Coppermind.5974

what in god’s frigging name is this awful bug!?

How has this not been fixed yet? Weeks, maybe even MONTHS.

This is such an absurd, strange bug. Super annoying

I love you ANet developers, please fix this asap.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Altas.9064

Altas.9064

Happens in Wvwvw, dungeons, maps and last time – in story mode.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: dclubberz.3902

dclubberz.3902

I get the same problem, normally, when I use skype to talk to my friends when I play GW2… very annoying to be honest

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Kietna QuTak.6204

Kietna QuTak.6204

I’m experiencing similar sound issue. In my case game doesn’t mute, the siren noise is very laud but I can still hear all other sounds from the game. I’m using Creative X-Fi Titanium, but I doubt that’s the problem of the card since siren noise happens after one of winter updates of GW2. With all same sound/motherboard drivers I was happily playing game without sound problems since public beta.

Instead of restarting game for me it helps to minimize game and restore it. This method gives some time of normal sound but not much – mostly siren noise is back after few minutes or even less than a minute.

>>>d(^_^)b<<<

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Lipstick.3469

Lipstick.3469

Getting the exact same bug. Wherever I am.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: rubmywontons.3972

rubmywontons.3972

Okay, I’m getting to the point where I’ll be willing to pay Anet to fix this darned bug.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Minh Map.1590

Minh Map.1590

i got the sound bug during a Fractal of the Mist lv11 instance. it was at the ice stage..with the frostbite. anvil rock.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: garraeth.3267

garraeth.3267

The pulsating sound is the fmod audio subsystem telling the user it is out of memory:

“When the FMOD mixer thread does an allocation and it fails, it is almost impossible to recover from this gracefully (because of the threaded nature of the system, there is no function to return an error from), and sounds would start to drop out. Because we think this is fatal, and leads to subtle or not so subtle audio bugs – the mixer now emits a pulsating sine wave noise to tell you it is out of memory.”

http://www.fmod.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15120

or http://preview.tinyurl.com/fmodbug

Just for the Anet team: I never get this bug ^^, but still get the pet one.

However, if it is some sort of work-around-able issue on our end, please let us know of whatever it is we can do and we will do it (lower our sound quality?, update drivers?, whatever?, ??). Then please sticky it until there’s an in-game fix.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: deajae.4319

deajae.4319

Been suffering from this for a while now (every day in EB) and had a chance to mess around with sound settings in and out of the game.
It usually takes around 20 minutes of play for the ‘Warning siren’ to sound, tonight i have moved my ‘sound buffer’ slider all the way to ‘most stable’ and after 1 hour 30 minutes, seems fine now but will keep an ear/eye on it.
If it is sound memory reaching full? won’t that be defined by the game rather than the card?

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Shamus McNasty.2809

Shamus McNasty.2809

Happened 3 times today while I was in WvW. Combine this with the new “log out while in combat and you’re dead!” and the game crash has me spending silver on repair and waypoint costs. Like there aren’t enough gold sinks

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Uriel.3684

Uriel.3684

WvW is now 100% unplayable- enter combat, sound bug, disconnect. It happens everytime. I am really looking forward to a fix for this since over the last few months the bug is happening more and more often in PvE and guarenteed to happen in WvW.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: LadyHorus.8214

LadyHorus.8214

After months of not having this issue I’ve started getting this sound bug at least two or three times during my play sessions. Each and every time it has crashed my game…

I first had the issue a month or so after the release of the game, and I turned my sound quality down a notch in the settings which fixed it just fine. Only now even with the same settings the bug is occurring more and more often… Even in dungeon battles where I never had the issue before. Usually only in wvw…

I hope you can come up with a fix for it soon. I’ve missed a few Claw events in Frostgorge Sound because of my game crashing in the end of the battle, and I lose my contribution to the fight and get nothing from spending the time doing it. All because of a sound bug. :/ Worse than that though, is probably crashing during wvw fights.

Please fix this as soon as you can!

Rosangela Marie: 80 Mesmer • Rosangela: 80 Elementalist
MAGUUMA
My Artworks! - Lady Horus Gaming

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: DejaVuGurl.8023

DejaVuGurl.8023

I get weird annoying sounds as well during battles with a lot of players! The sounds change sometimes. Sometimes I might hear a cannon or gun shot kind of sound, sometimes an annoying cracking sort of sound, and other times I get what sounds like someone hitting a microphone that is turned on and plugged into speakers. It’s usually much louder than the game itself, too. I thought it was a problem with my sound!

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: DathanielCHR.6453

DathanielCHR.6453

Just did the Claw of Jormag meta in Frostgorge and I saw this event happen again for the first time in almost a month. Last time I saw it was doing the Lost Shores event, which made it kitten near unplayable. This time it repeated itself a grand total of four times through the event and forced the game to be reset each time. kitten annoying.

There were a ton of players taking on the Claw but that shouldn’t be an issue now, should it? Truth is that ANet has said they’d look into this 3 months ago and it’s still pops up as an issue.