Annoying Sound Bug

Annoying Sound Bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: FInN.7219

FInN.7219

Thanks for the reports, everyone! This is an issue we’ve been tracking for a while now, and I’ve heard we may have a fix for it in the next few days. If you continue seeing it, please let us know.

Thanks, looking forword to the fix for it in the next few days.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Ant Boogy.9673

Ant Boogy.9673

I only ever get this bug fighting Jormag. Doesn’t happen anywhere else. 2nd time in two days, i fought Jormag yesterday and it happened.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Soltanus.6753

Soltanus.6753

I’m having the same issue. The sound starts making this loud air raid like whooping siren noise then the game crashes. Happened 3 times so far today. Twice during the same Jormag fight and once again at the Maw. Highly annoying since it cost me getting a chest both times thanks to the overflow.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Grimleiv.9813

Grimleiv.9813

Still no fix for this problem.. i crash in all events due this.. all events with many people.. And wery often i loose the loot. Due time it takes to restart.

As a really bad example that happend yesterday.. I went to kill jormag, then clien crashed due Sound ‘tone’ bug. When i got back i ended in overflow.. grrrrr.. Then jormag appear at overflow.. never exp that before.. and after a wile it crashed again. So lost both loot’s. Anyway, on daily basic the game crash every big event, usually i can manage to get back, but somtimes like the short events.. never.

Hope GW team can fix this soon. If not, ill go looking for another game soon. Bug that has been here since beta, still not fixed is bad for my patient.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Clooney.8704

Clooney.8704

this is a problem for me too, it has gotten tot the point that just adjusting my sound quality slider makes my game crash almost instantaneously .

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

We have several guild members who have this happen all the time. Someone said it might be due to a conflict with the bios drivers for the hardware directly connected to the motherboard or something similar.

I never thought of that as I do not update any of those drivers since my technician upgraded my system for me last summer. The only drivers I update are those software updates provided for my pc (i.e., graphics card, sound card, etc.)

Not a technician myself so I am unsure what the difference is between the drivers I update periodically and the bios drivers for my pc.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Ant Boogy.9673

Ant Boogy.9673

Well, it just happened to me again and i lost the loot right at the last second of killing Jormag. I’m simply staying away from Jormag until this is fixed.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Xystus.3241

Xystus.3241

It seems to be something with the local.dat file being corrupted. I can delete the file and be fine for weeks. Then eventually something happens and I start getting the bug during the big world events. Again, I delete the local.dat and I’m good for weeks at a time.

Xyssi – Asura Guardian
Xystus Furtim – Human Theif
Server: Stormbluff Ilse

Annoying Sound Bug

lynspottery.6529

Regardless of what is causing this problem, we should not have to manipulate our files just to get the bug to go away. This points to an inherent problem with how the game has been programmed.

I think this is a problem the developers inadvertently created during the programming process and did not know it happens until we, the players, started complaining about it.

I do think they may find what is causing it in the end, but it may take them months to figure out and then apply a fix for it.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: ravinboy.1698

ravinboy.1698

Had this happen to me a week ago. It was during the Shadow Behemoth event, suddenly the sound changed to this annoying tone as per the youtube video on page 1. While annoying, I rebooted and its been fine since. I had it happen once in beta I think as well. I have not had any issues other then those two times.

- Remember: Anytime minutes do not let you call the future!

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Xystus.3241

Xystus.3241

Welp, just happened to me again. Because of all the server hoppers, I was booted to an overflow and lost out on the dragon.

Xyssi – Asura Guardian
Xystus Furtim – Human Theif
Server: Stormbluff Ilse

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: gabinglagim.4531

gabinglagim.4531

Just got this for the first time last night. I upgraded my system and updated some firmwares but it seemed fine before did any of that. I tried almost everything I can think of to fix it. Lowered the volume, selected different audio sources, changed video drivers, rebooted and reloaded the game countless times.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

I didnt have this bug last night in major zergfights in wvw.

I’m beginning to think it might be related to culling.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

Just got this for the first time last night. I upgraded my system and updated some firmwares but it seemed fine before did any of that. I tried almost everything I can think of to fix it. Lowered the volume, selected different audio sources, changed video drivers, rebooted and reloaded the game countless times.

Was this before or after the update? We tried another potential fix for this issue with the update, so the timing makes a difference.

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: gabinglagim.4531

gabinglagim.4531

Yesterday evening around 6PM-PST had brief download when I logged on. I logged off around 8PM to get more fans for my system and wasn’t able to get back on till around 11PM. I don’t recall if there was another download before I logged back in at that time.

I did get an error once I was in the game once and clicked on send info. Upon restarting the game, it went through and checked the files again and I believe it did download more files. But the game still had the static noise issue.

Will try again today around 6PM.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Kietna QuTak.6204

Kietna QuTak.6204

Hello again. Few months ago I was posting result of my testing. For me the problem with loud siren noise was happening in other games, even in those that were working without any problems some time ago. It took me some time to test different hardware combination. In my case the problem was… huge temperature. Although my graphic card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 580 SOC has very efficient cooling (3 fans), since I bought new motherboard, processor and RAM the temperature in may computer case drastically increased. My computer case just doesn’t have proper cooling system. In fact… it dos not have at all any cooling system XD (only 1 fan…). Computer wasn’t overheating, it was working just fine. The siren noise was coming from Gigabyte OC Guru software which has an alarm set to warn when graphic card comes near to high temperature. It was set a bit below the level of stable temperature that my graphic card has in most stressed use (while using wrong case). I suppose that new computer case would help, at least it will have air flow proper for my hardware ;-) So, everyone that is using Gigabyte graphic card and has the OC Guru installed, should check what is the temperature in the stress. Just for test the alarm can be disabled in OC Guru => right side with graphs (may be hidden, use arrow button that is below close, minimize and help buttons) => right from the “GPU Temperature” there is small button with text “Alarm on” (or off).

>>>d(^_^)b<<<

(edited by Kietna QuTak.6204)

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Opt.3714

Opt.3714

Was this before or after the update? We tried another potential fix for this issue with the update, so the timing makes a difference.

Since the March update I’ve been playing with my sound quality on highest, and I haven’t gotten the “annoying sound bug” and/or crashed in highly populated events. I think you may have nailed this, at least for my system.

http://opt.red/about Twitter: http://twitter.com/Opt__
Co-Leader, I Can Outtweet A Centaur! [TWIT] #twitguild
IGN: Optimus Maleficus

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Imperium.9056

Imperium.9056

i took a 2 month break from this game, due to the sound bug with no resolve, and with a new install
tested on Windows 7 x64 and also XP pro X64, still the same issues.

- clicking & popping sounds

so nothing has changed, i have tried all the tricks/methods posted as before, nothing works.
would love to be able to play the game without this issue, and it still occurs with my sound
totally off in game.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Whilst I do get the odd click or pop every once in a while, the ‘woo woo siren CTD’ seems to have vanished entirely.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Bonissimus.7615

Bonissimus.7615

Well, I started to play only 3 days ago, and my problem is that after a couple of minutes, the sound slowly starts to fade until the game became mute. There is no crash (for now) but every time is the same: Login, couple of minutes, sound fades, mute. Then I have to logout, wait a couple of minutes and login again.
Never had such a problem before.

Annoying Sound Bug

lynspottery.6529

The only time I’ve had this issue is when I turned all my dials up to high or max. I have had to move all my graphics and stuff down to medium or low settings just to NOT get this sound bug.

Its a shame really. I would love to play the game on something higher than low or medium settings because there are just so many cool details in it. I know, because before I turned everything down, I would run around the world and just oogle everything because of its beauty.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Since making clearing my local.dat file a routine every so often (or perhaps due to the patches), I no longer get the bug with the sound overloading and no sound in the game.

However, I still very often get an annoying issue where I’ll hear a random sound played at extreme volumes. There’s no seeming trigger, and I can’t seem to find any commonality, just, every once in a while, I’ll hear a noise of horrendous volume. A loud pop or crack, or seemingly part of a random game sound.

I play the game with the volume slider at maybe 10% maximum with system volume at about 40%, but this noise whatever it is, seems to completely ignore my ingame volume settings.

This has been a recurring issue for me since release.

Realtek onboard audio, Win 7 if it matters. 95% of the time I play the game in Windowed fullscreen. I do tab a lot, and most of the time I have music from other sources on. (local Media players, Pandora/Youtube etc)

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: bribrim.9710

bribrim.9710

Just to update this to the most current… my “bug” is most frequent when firing any seige weapon during large battles in WvW. Its especially evident on EB. I will only hear the enfilade about 33% of the time. Thanks.

bribrim

Kepp Mason – Warrior
Critical Response Team [CRIT]
Devona’s Rest [DR]

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: UnrealTravis.9016

UnrealTravis.9016

This sound bug issue has not been fixed. I got a new laptop and it runs windows 8. Still hear the sound, only thing is the sound is not as deaf echoing as it was on my old laptop. The sound comes, while questing, doing Dungeons, Dragon fights, and in WvW. Do to all the action in WvW and with TS on I hardly notice it.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Saraphina.6930

Saraphina.6930

Gah, ok, so I know the last post was 11 days ago so I guess I’m not techically necroposting..

I just wanted to add another occurance of the weird sound bug to the list. On both my Mac and my Windows clients, I get a very loud cracking/popping noise for absolutely no reason. I thought it was a sound glitch from the loud, icy crackley POW noise that plays whenever my necromancer applies Chill with the Chillblains mark. But I’ve noticed it on other occasions for no reason too. But most frequently, it seems to be from chilling enemies. I’ve never had the strange UFO siren sound other players are plagued with. It startles me every time, so I hope you guys can fix it :O

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Sanlucifer.1742

Sanlucifer.1742

I thought i was going crazy, it happens even when my GW2 is minimized which it suppose to ignore all the sounds coming from the game, but it is for sure related to this game since it happened since i started playing it, doesnt matter in which parts of the map i am.. it just randomly scares the hell out of me.

Any words on how to fix it or a known get around for it?

Annoying Sound Bug

Imperium.9056

doing the southshore event today, have had about 15 pop’s in the last hour.

please fix this, going on 7 months now, my ears are bleeding when on vent with guildies.
I’ve tested this with fresh install, XP, Win 7, and same issue. used all the suggested tricks.

please fix

Annoying Sound Bug

Imperium.9056

bumping this thread, to keep active, this issue has not been resolved.

I have been doing testing with clean installs on Windows XP/7 X64 & 32bit,
and all the same results, random clicking & poping sounds.

Never had this issue in beta, or the first few months of gameplay.

But lately its been about 5-10 per hour during large events.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Meili Var.4179

Meili Var.4179

Have this issue with very loud, popping noises, only while playing Gw2. It is like an explosion. I have the sound in game turned off and can still hear it coming through my headset when it happens, which is not on my head. Does not matter which headset I use, or which type of headset either.
The notebook I use was built for gaming and sits on a gaming cooling pad to keep the temperature low and even.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Killjoy.9460

Killjoy.9460

I have the same problem, I’ve recently bought gw2 1 week ago and my laptop is about 4months old very nice system but during wvw or some dungeons and zergs I get the sound bug and my sound goes to null. It’s really annoying I usually have to restart client to get my sound back.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

We have some audio optimizations queued up internally that should make it into an upcoming patch.

Stay tuned!

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Has anyone else been having problem with missing sounds?

Stuff like kit swap sounds (as an Engineer), dodge sounds, and menu sounds often will stop playing for me for a few minutes, a lot of the time in busy areas like LA.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

Stuff like kit swap sounds (as an Engineer), dodge sounds, and menu sounds often will stop playing for me for a few minutes, a lot of the time in busy areas like LA.

Same problem since the last patch. I didn’t get the siren wuh-wuh-wuh-wuh ! sound bug since a very long time .. but with the last patch im missing some sounds as you described.

I understand that the amount of sound clip played at once is limited but the sound that your character make ( or user : UI/menu sounds ) should have priority over anything else .. i mean why i lose my character footstep/weapon sound but i hear a warrior yelling ‘’ shake it off ’’ far behind me ? after a while or a less crowded area all my sound return .. my sound settings is max quality and low latency ( larger memory used )

they removed the Culling in PvE .. now they have to fix the sound culling

Annoying Sound Bug

Mif.3471

Same problem since the last patch. I didn’t get the siren wuh-wuh-wuh-wuh ! sound bug since a very long time .. but with the last patch im missing some sounds as you described.

I understand that the amount of sound clip played at once is limited but the sound that your character make ( or user : UI/menu sounds ) should have priority over anything else .. i mean why i lose my character footstep/weapon sound but i hear a warrior yelling ‘’ shake it off ’’ far behind me ? after a while or a less crowded area all my sound return .. my sound settings is max quality and low latency ( larger memory used )

they removed the Culling in PvE .. now they have to fix the sound culling

Thanks for the reply. Good to know it’s not my hardware

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: dronzer.8392

dronzer.8392

I’m still surprised the sound issues haven’t been resolved yet, this has been a problem since launch and one year later one of the most important technical aspects of the game still lays a problem, this breaks the immersion so much.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Emelyn.8729

Emelyn.8729

I purchased the game this evening after having thoroughly enjoyed the “free trial” weekend. Sadly, tonight, the audio is stuttering terribly, voices and music, and that was not the case over the weekend. The sound cuts in and out every few seconds (thank goodness for subtitles).

Mt weekend character was on a medium population EU server. I tried playing her tonight but the sound (or lack thereof) was rather off-putting. Since I’d wanted to try a different server anyway, I deleted her and re-created her on a different (high-population, USA) server. Same awful audio.

It’s not a deal-breaker but it does put a bit of a damper on things, given that it wasn’t bad during the free trial. Thanks for any help in getting the sound back to the way it was!

Annoying Sound Bug

Mif.3471

Getting really sick of this bug.

As a three kit engineer, I need the audio cue to inform me when my kit change has actually happened due to WvW’s kittenty laggy servers preventing me from relying on the keystroke. With the sound effect constantly absent, it’s verging on unplayable.

(edited by Mif.3471)

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Crawford.4135

Crawford.4135

Sorry ArenaNet: I have to laugh at the fact you still have not addressed this, or even increased your sound channels in the game. Most gaming developers do a great job at implementing sound into their games, I just don’t see how you fail miserably at this.

AND ITS BEEN OVER A YEAR

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: sadatoni.6524

sadatoni.6524

With each patch, the sound problems get worse.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Hey folks,

Since the issue that this thread was started for has been resolved I’m going to go ahead and lock the thread. Reporting new issues in existing threads makes tracking very difficult.

For new or existing sound issues, please feel free to create new topics, making sure to be as descriptive and in-depth as possible regarding the problems you’re experiencing. The more details the better!

Thanks for your help!