Annoying Sound Bug

Annoying Sound Bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: AtomXL.3819

AtomXL.3819

Same bug here, once during a dragon event and once during a large WvW battle. GFX and sound both set to high so I’ll try reducing the sound setting a bit.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Hsigo.1403

Hsigo.1403

God I hate that sound. I won’t do the Claw of Jormag event just because of that sound. Tried it last night and had to restart the game 3 times in as many minutes.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Siliconhobbit.4361

Siliconhobbit.4361

I have this problem repeatedly in WvWvW. When the action gets heated and there are many many many players fighting back and forth, suddenly this sound appears and ruins everything. I have to restart the game to get it to stop and on top of that, re-queue for WvWvW. A very big inconvenience.

I have attempted to stop this sound by adjusting every single sound option in game, to no avail. It doesn’t matter what setting I choose, even with little to no sound at all, this bug keeps appearing.

May the Gods that oversee the GW2 gaming world help ArenaNet find the solution to this problem soon. I hate it!

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Striata.6739

Striata.6739

I had this problem from awhile I emailed support and got a BS copy paste reply, so I started messing around with my rig and sound settings in game.

I found that setting my sound options in game to crappiest quality and most stable fix this absolutely annoying issue, I also had to stop using 7.1 surround I couldn’t even use 5.1 had to go stereo which pisses me off I can’t use the hardware I paid quite a bit of money for.

Edit: I think while in a large group or around a lot of other players during DE the game cannot process all the sounds and the sound “crashes” for lack of a better word from all the gun shots and sword hits and what not.

(edited by Striata.6739)

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: GoGoBunny.6324

GoGoBunny.6324

I am getting the siren every time I enter WvW. It’s usually during a large group battle.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: CareFactorZero.8265

CareFactorZero.8265

I’ve had the audio loop/siren while fighting claw of jormag on 2 previous occasions but neither caused a crash. Just tried fighting him then and had it twice in a single fight and crashed to desktop both times.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: lollie.5816

lollie.5816

I’m getting this too. Had to restart twice. I have sounds ingame set to Highest Quality which is causing no issues anywhere else, except for this Claw of Jormag event, going by other posts in this thread.

Realtek sound drivers. Windows 7 Ultimate. i7 2600K. 8 gigs 1600 RAM.

The sound issue when it occurs is only ingame – can play music simultaneously on desktop over the top of this horrible GW2 sound bug.

(edited by lollie.5816)

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Sunny Side.7960

Sunny Side.7960

I constantly get this bug in WvW and occasionally it crashes afterwards, rather annoying as WvW ques are usually an hour+.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Shannks.1503

Shannks.1503

I have had this happen to me about 7-8 times now. Most of the time it is during an event or wvwvw but it has also happened to me inside of dungeon runs. Very annoying but does not cause a crash. Only way to stop it is by restarting the game entirely.

First time this happened to me was when Jormag landed on me when he first comes out of the air after killing the ice pillars. I thought it had something to do with that but not im not entirely sure.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Quindel.9685

Quindel.9685

I am getting a weird “popcorn” sound as well. I’ve only experienced it twice and seemed so random, I have no clues to assist in troubleshooting it, other than the sound itself. Once I got out of the game and back in, it corrected itself.

It’s not my soundcard, the ~12 other games I’ve played recently have told me that…

Thanks in advance for fixing this minor inconvenience.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Encoded Rig.7903

Encoded Rig.7903

Please fix this bug. It is rendering this game almost 99% unplayable for me.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: main character.5460

main character.5460

Happened to me twice tonight during WvW. Luckily I have a mute button on my keyboard but I would prefer to be able to hear where enemies are attacking me from… and according to others, muting the in game sound doesnt help so >_>

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Sam.2014

Sam.2014

Happened to me a few hours ago in WvW, and after about a few minutes the game crashed.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: neoxide.7320

neoxide.7320

I’ve stopped getting that bug a long time ago. However I have a new audio bug where a certain sound effect sounds incredibly louder than any other sound the game makes. In this case I was able to narrow the sound down to a necromancer’s minion had incredibly loud footsteps.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Siliconhobbit.4361

Siliconhobbit.4361

Happened again this evening in WvW 15 minutes after the match restart. As I was leading my guild’s WvW warband I did not have the option of restarting the game to get rid of the bug as I would have met a queue to get back in. So I slid the left ear-cup of my headset to the side of my head and played WvW for SIX HOURS with this bug while I commanded our forces.

This inconvenience is now becoming a real nuisance that is ruining my game-play.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Luregas.3415

Luregas.3415

Alright, I somehow managed to trigger this “siren bug” under MINIMAL load.

This occurred after I killed the Shadow Behemoth from the Swamp event in Queensdale. This event had very few people (between 5 and 10) and the visual/audio load was minimal. We downed the Behemoth.

I waited after the battle (about 30 seconds), probably because I got distracted by chat channel or was looking for any collateral loot. Then I walked up to loot the Behemoth… Boom! The siren bug kicked in the MOMENT I pressed the loot button! It’s worth noting that my inventory was mostly full, so the “unclaimed loot panel” with about 4 or 5 items popped up also. This is the first time I had the glitch occur when I wasn’t in a massive battle.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

This happens to me quite a bit to specially in world dragon events, like yesterday in the claw of Jormag event it totally ruined the experience for me, I restarted the client several times still the fking annoying bug came back every single time within minutes of rebooting the client.

This needs a fix ASAP

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Harry.3426

Harry.3426

Just got same Problem.
The 3rd time for me now. All 3 times it was while fighting Tequatl.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Kythan Myr.4719

Kythan Myr.4719

Don’t know if the anyone in ANET tracks this post anymore or if this falls under the category of “just live with it people” but I am having the same problem since game launch.

I have reduced my sound settings to fastest and stable and I still get the siren in big group events. Twice yesterday during dragon events the game froze and I had to log back in only to find the dragons defeated and no rewards for me!

I hope an ANET employee responds so that we just know what to expect about this bug. It’s so bad I’ve been weighing the pros/cons of joining huge group events, and if I did stay out of them it kind of defeats the purpose of the game.

Please fix!!!

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Grace.6074

Grace.6074

Had the same thing happen to me several times…often it’s in large fights in WvWvW but I’ve had it happen during DEs with a lot of people as well.

I can restart the client which makes it stop but obviously if I’m in WvW this isn’t an option if I’ll get kicked from it and have a queue to get back in.

Last night I managed to get a quick EB queue when the sound issue started again but knowing if I logged off to fix it I’d never get back into EB without waiting 2 or more hours I changed the sound output device and it managed to make the sound stop coming from the game so that I could still play and hear my Teamspeak, although I could no longer hear the game sounds.

Aerre – Sylvari Elementalist
Necro/Warrior/Ranger/Mesmer/Guardian
HoD – PHZE

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Wolf Fivousix.4319

Wolf Fivousix.4319

Same as you all guys, mostly comon to occur in WvW and Dragon Events, then game crashes. Extremely frustrating queueing for WvW and getting crashed 5~10min later because of the bug =(

// Dragonbrand
Wolf Fivousix – Elementalist
Black Wolf Trading Tool

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Zalon.7618

Zalon.7618

Same as you all guys, mostly comon to occur in WvW and Dragon Events, then game crashes

I have the same thing happening here also. Missed end of events and keep takes and such in wvw so i dont get credit for them

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Makovorn.1706

Makovorn.1706

I had this some weeks ago (I posted in this thread as well). What seems to have solved it (or at least lessened the frequency of this bug), was:

• Putting the “Mixing Buffer Size” to half way
  • Putting the "Sound Quality* one notch below highest quality

I also have all my other volumes about 1/4 down from maximum (don’t know if that would help).

I have not noticed any decrease in sound quality by doing this, and I’ve been free of this irritating bug for more than 2 weeks now.

IMPORTANT: If you guys try this and it works, please come back to this thread and confirm it, as I think that the ArenaNet folks are very much still scratching their heads with this one and I’m sure feedback (either way) will help them track down the cause of this anomaly.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Guattanator.1524

Guattanator.1524

As it is right now I get a bug where all other audio cuts out and I just get some weird rhythmic siren-like noise that is unaffected by sound levels nor quality settings. It sounds kind of like a “Wooooahm Wooooahm” sort of sound. It is not my speakers nor headphones and others have complained of it too. It only started up after the most recent build went live. The only way to stop the sound was to restart my GW2 client, after a few minutes the the problem just happened again. It really seems like this could be quite the problem if it’s not fixed.

Others have complained about their sound cutting out and it sounded like gunshots, garbled noises, or the audio simply becoming totally mixed.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Corew.8932

Corew.8932

Try taking quality down a notch, I had the same issue and that seems to have fixed it. At least it hasn’t happened in quite a while now.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Guattanator.1524

Guattanator.1524

I have already messed with the quality quite a bit, changing it didn’t help, up or down, one notch or all the way. Sound volume change didn’t help either. I know I’m not the only one with this problem and not the only one who “changing the quality” doesn’t help as a few people during the Claw of Jormag event have also complained of the same issue. A few of my guild mates had the same problem as well. None of them had any luck with changing the audio quality.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Gilead.5260

Gilead.5260

i have the same issue….always in www when there are many people

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Wolf Fivousix.4319

Wolf Fivousix.4319

Thx Makorvorn, I’ll be trying it out, in some days I’ll be back to post about the results.

// Dragonbrand
Wolf Fivousix – Elementalist
Black Wolf Trading Tool

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Lane.4907

Lane.4907

It have only appear since one of the last update of the game ( 2 updates ago )

My problem is a bit different, but surely linked.. I use an Xifi Titanium HD:

- When large sounds environnement are involved ( WvW etc ), the sound just cut. No more sound.. ( no driver error etc ) … ( i believe as this card have a AMP protection ( AMP are removable and switchable ), the soundcard just cut all instead of get the sound described by other ).

Its needed to disable the soundcard and enable it ( windows sound config ) and then it is working ok.

(edited by Lane.4907)

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Encoded Rig.7903

Encoded Rig.7903

Any updates or any workarounds yet for realtek?

Had this happen at least 5 times in WVW, it’s nearly rendering the game unplayable for me now.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Lazure.6358

Lazure.6358

When fighting in any major event, my sound randomly cuts out and I hear a random alarm sound forever. Now, when this happens, my client immediately crashes afterwards.

This crash cost me ANY CREDIT WHATSOEVER for taking part in an entire Tequatl fight. I was there 99% of the fight, literally my audio cut out and client crashed at the very end. When I log in, NO chest. NO karma. NO experience. NO coin. I died and have to spend coin to repair my armor (at level 80 repair price) for nothing because client crashes apparently forfeit any credit you get for fighting something.

My computer specs aren’t bad at all.

I have:
Asus Sabertooth x58 mobo
Intel Core i7 950 3ghz
6GB Crucial DDR3
1GB EVGA GTX 460 SE
Intel 320 series SSD 80GB (both OS and GW2 are on it)
Onboard Realtek Audio (does anyone buy sound cards anymore?)
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 64-bit

Audio Settings are:
Audio Device: Default Device (front realtek jack)
Sound Quality: Highest Quality
Music Interval: Center
Mixing Buffer Size: Lowest Latency
Mute when GW2 is in background is checked.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Zeki.7829

Zeki.7829

I submitted a bug report about this recently, but have found that if you set the sound quality slider to halfway the bug no longer occurs..many of you having this problem probably have your sound quality slider set at MAX which is when the problem seems to happen.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Mystiq Angelic.8193

Mystiq Angelic.8193

I hope this issue is being on their top priority to fix. I got this bug every time I’m in WvW and then followed by game crash/freeze. It’s extremely annoying and had to restart the game again, re-enters queue and lost progress of what I was doing. Please, for the love of god, fix this ASAP.

“If you sacrifice nothing, you gain nothing”
GWAMM & CotG
[HERO] – Star Leader – Black Gate

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

/ Confirm

Seems to happen to me only in WvW, but as people have suggested that could be due to the large number of actions occurring.

In WvW I now have invisible silent armies fighting each other. Bring on smell’o’vision so I can have at least one sense that works in this kitten of a game.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Remz.9083

Remz.9083

FIX:
Put your Sound Quality slider just 1 tick back, DO NOT USE THE HIGHEST SOUND QUALITY.

I’ve had this bug since the launch of the game, and it crashed me out WvW every 10 minutes. Have been playing lots of WvW by just putting the sound quality a tick lower.

Spread the word!

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

Trying this now Remz.

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: TheRamosOnline.2670

TheRamosOnline.2670

Nothing works.
And there’s a high chance of the client crashing entirely when the bug occurs.
I think it’s a case of too many sounds triggering at once.

Games like WoW only play a limited number of sounds at once. If this limit is exceed then low priority sounds are turned off.
Anet, if you’re gonna boast about 1000 on screen characters at once, at least make sure that such a feat doesn’t BREAK THE GAME!
Same goes for the player loading issue, where the game can’t load too many characters at once to prevent lag or fps drops – this makes WvW impossible during peak times as entire armies are invisible AND muted thanks to the friggin’ sound bug.

Players are now abusing the limitations of the engine to win in WvW, not actual skill.
Fix it.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Pryda.8257

Pryda.8257

Putting both sound settings on Medium fixed it for me and my friends.

Red Guard [RG]

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Belmont.4682

Belmont.4682

Wow, and i though it was because of my laptop overheating Oo, happy to see its software-related.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Bella.3502

Bella.3502

Stopped getting that bug, but now have a problem with some of the sound effects – they get louder than any of the other sounds. Actually, they get loud enough to make me want to throw my computer through the window.

The most annoying are Fire Elementals’ fap-fap sounds and Polar Bears’ drumming. In case of the Fire Elementals, it’s them flapping those cursed wings of theirs; and as for the Polar Bears, it’s their footsteps. And the worse is the combination of the two sounds – it makes my ears bleed.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Rusc.4978

Rusc.4978

I have a sound bug that’s not WvW related—every now and again, when a ranger runs past my character with thier pet, the sounds that the pet makes are 10 times louder than everything else. The pet’s footsteps on the ground, particularly.

It’s not a huge problem, but it is rather startling because it happens unpredictably.

Prosper

Brought to you by ArenaNet. Soon™.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Im sometimes getting “PM sound” while i dont get any PM.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Skolvikings.5132

Skolvikings.5132

I’m still getting the pulsating tone sound bug. It’s the same as in the YouTube video in the OP. I had it happen twice last night during DEs in Orr. I posted about it in another thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Pulsating-Tone-Sound-Glitch/

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

So on sept 5th it was a few days for the fix and now it’s over a month later, any news on fixing it Anet?

This is getting really annoying, at any big fight the sound goes (ecactly as the video does on page 1) and then i crash.

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Bobbi.6801

Bobbi.6801

I was wondering if there is any updates or a fix coming soon? the last week i have played WvW a lot each day. When i get in, the first thing i do is turn of the sound!
I do believe its a known bug so i wont explain the sound in detail, but the word alarm sound should explain it.

After 5-10 minutes (ALWAYS)
It’s getting annoying, i wanna experience the game sound, but this bug forces me to turn my surround system off while playing WvW each day, every day. And that gets boring. It ruins my game experience so bad that often i wont bother to log on.

I know exit the game fixes it, but that’s not an option after 1 hour in queue and only to have it happen again in 5 minutes.

search is not working for me for any reason, so i can’t see any Anet answers on this if there is one.

Other than that i love the game. <3

AMD FX-8350 @5Ghz |Radeon HD 7970GHZedition|16gb 1600mhz DDR3 ram|OCZ agility 3 120gb|Gigabyte UD3

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Sylversun.1390

Sylversun.1390

I’m having the same bug since yesterday (since the last patch, I guess). I never got it before.

I saw on another thread that lowering your sound quality might fix it, but I haven’t had the time to try it myself.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Sylversun.1390

Sylversun.1390

I’ll add my name on the list. It happened to me 2 times yesterday in WvW (both times during while fighting a keep lord).

It never happened to me before, even though I go to WvW often. I’ll have to guess it appeared during the last patch. I have Realtek speakers.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: jazz.6247

jazz.6247

I didn’t have the sound problem for awhile and I thought it was fixed but since the last update or maybe it started after one of those sudden server crashes/resets that were happening when I was on Cursed Shore in the last day or so the bug is back as described in the OP during DEs

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Drastick.3045

Drastick.3045

I had never experienced this until the latest patch. (Just like I never experienced the invisible enemies before the patch) – Happens in WvW only for me

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Zeki.7829

Zeki.7829

Its pretty obvious that some people don’t read the thread before they post. If you look about 16 posts up from this one you’ll see i already posted the answer on how to fix it. Turn your sound quality slider back 1 notch or to the halfway mark on the slider bar.