Another 100% Map Completion no reward thread

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Akatan.2761

Akatan.2761

(Repeating post in other forum)

According to a member of our programming team, there is a known issue that is preventing some players from getting rewards. The team is investigating.

However, quite often, a player is mistaken about the status of their account or is shown that rewards are due when they aren’t quite earned. Players should do some troubleshooting steps before submitting a ticket, because this might be resolvable individually, and ,may not be related to any bug.

Here are some troubleshooting steps:

1. Log into the game with the character that has the 100% world completion.
  2. Go to Bloodtide Coast via Lion’s Arch and enter the Chantry of Secrets.
  3. Make sure that you have claimed the “Sanctum of Secrets” Point of Interest within this map instance.
  4. Some of the skill challenges require you to consume an item. If this item has been consumed in a zone other than the one in which the skill challenge is located, you will not receive the rewards for 100% world completion. Revisit every map in the game and that may resolve your issue and grant you your items.

Also, sometimes the title is rewarded prematurely (in error). To receive the rewards for fully exploring the world, please carefully review each map for missing Points of Interest, Skill Challenges, Renown Regions, and Waypoints with the single character with whom you are trying to finish the task. The most common areas that are missed are World vs. World maps, Chantry of Secrets, and the various city maps, such as Divinity’s Reach, Black Citadel, etc.

More:

Generally we find that players are resolving the problem by revisiting each the following cities.
- Lion’s Arch
- Rata Sum
- Black Citadel
- Divinity’s Reach
- Hoelbrak
- The Grove

Player Notes:

• I just fixed after reading some solutions here, come back to whisper cathedral ( i alredy had explored ) and go back to the last interset point, work for me.
  • [Player] teleported to all the map locations and found that he had not opened the reward chest (the one you see each time you finish a map or after completing daily quests or dungeons) on one particular map. After opening the chest, another reward popped up and he was able to obtain the Gifts of Exploration.

I hope all this is helpful to you. If after doing these steps and following these tips you continue to need assistance, please submit a ticket. If you already submitted a ticket some time ago (say, more than a week ago) and, after going through the troubleshooting steps above, still need help you can simply respond to your ticket and say you still have not received your rewards.

I submitted my ticket more than two days ago, including all of the screenshots I get when I was revisiting all zones.
My opinion is, could it be related to the new map (LA Under Attack) released in this patch?
I know your time is precious, but please fix it. It’s just waste of time to submit more and more tickets about one problem.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Just a wild notch, but maybe it is helpfull to the dev investigating.
The last patch added a new?? vista at the marjorette’s landing. For me it was fully explored and done. Butjust curious I went there and got to this vista. I found that it was not only a new location but also a new cutscene. I still don’t know why it was showing as explored cause I never watched it in my life. I think that this vista is there to replace a vista that couldn’t be brought back due to the change of maps. I also suspect that due to a change in location and video it actually ended with a different ID in the game.

Bottom line: I got 100% map, but can anyone that has this issuego to this place, jump to the vista and report if watching this vista makes any change??

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: confusion.3264

confusion.3264

Just a wild notch, but maybe it is helpfull to the dev investigating.
The last patch added a new?? vista at the marjorette’s landing. For me it was fully explored and done. Butjust curious I went there and got to this vista. I found that it was not only a new location but also a new cutscene. I still don’t know why it was showing as explored cause I never watched it in my life. I think that this vista is there to replace a vista that couldn’t be brought back due to the change of maps. I also suspect that due to a change in location and video it actually ended with a different ID in the game.

Bottom line: I got 100% map, but can anyone that has this issuego to this place, jump to the vista and report if watching this vista makes any change??

actually, i tried that yesterday, without success. but since lion’s arch’s vistas were also changed, there could be another possibility, why the reward won’t show up.

Posted by: GeD GN.7013

GeD GN.7013

I can confirm this, tried it out- nothing happened.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I just had a thought:

If you have submitted a ticket and if you tried the trouble-shooting steps in this thread, consider updating your ticket. You do that by responding to any e-mail with your ticket number in the subject line.

You could say:

• “I did the trouble-shooting steps Gaile posted in the forum and I still have not received my Map Complete reward.”
    -OR-
  • “This issue is resolved, I no longer need help”

You see, we have a few ways we might respond to a player with Map Completion issues. If you’re still having problems, and if agents know you’ve already done some of the things they’d normally suggest, then they can reclassify your ticket more efficiently.

This isn’t a requirement, by any means. Your ticket will be attended to either way! But updating your ticket may speed up all responses, and that’s a good thing.

Thanks!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I know your time is precious, but please fix it. It’s just waste of time to submit more and more tickets about one problem.

It’s absolutely being worked on! (And submitting one ticket is sufficient; duplicates actually slow the response time.)

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Bottom line: I got 100% map, but can anyone that has this issue go to this place, jump to the vista and report if watching this vista makes any change??

Interesting suggestion. The devs say there’s a bug, but maybe this will fix the issue for some players. Thanks for sharing.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: confusion.3264

confusion.3264

Update on my older post: I’ve visited each vista in Lion’s Arch postpatch, without success.

Posted by: MistyWinter.9670

MistyWinter.9670

I am not understanding this then do you or do you not have to have explorer regions done for this? This was not needed before. as my son had gotten his items months ago without.
What I mean is Krytan Explorer, Maguuma Explorer and Shiverpeak explorer.

In my situation, I’ve got Krytan Explorer Maguuma Explorer Shiverpeak Explorer and Ascalon Explorer blah blah blah.

I have the situation there is no reason to blah blah me I was asking a question for myself, thank you

Previous

Gaile Gray

I am not understanding this then do you or do you not have to have explorer regions done for this? This was not needed before. as my son had gotten his items months ago without.

In my situation, I’ve got Krytan Explorer Maguuma Explorer Shiverpeak Explorer and Ascalon Explorer blah blah blah.

I have the situation there is no reason to blah blah me I was asking a question for myself, thank you

Misty, I think Akatan simply meant that yes, all the [Location] Explorer attainments are on the account. The “blah blah” wasn’t dismissive, it was just like saying “etc.” in that comment.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: hdinh.8091

hdinh.8091

I tried to do the trouble shooting, I am pretty sure it was the new patch that bugged the reward out… Praying that I can get the Gift of Exploration and finish my legendary <3 (Go! ANet)

Sylvari Engineer
Viennotair/ Sar (r’s x 9)

(edited by hdinh.8091)

Posted by: JUN YANG.4328

JUN YANG.4328

Gaiile, most of us it’s not the first time to have the gift of exploration. So we know how to get. This bug effect lots of us. Please put this issue as ur first priority. So we could finish making our legendary. And enjoy the happness moment.

Thank you

(edited by JUN YANG.4328)

MistyWinter.9670

Misty, I think Akatan simply meant that yes, all the [Location] Explorer attainments are on the account. The “blah blah” wasn’t dismissive, it was just like saying “etc.” in that comment.

My question was do i need those. because my son got the items without them months ago. I did everything else wp poi and hearts and the achievement of been there done that. I though did not get the items. Thats what I as asking for myself.

Akatan.2761

My question was do i need those. because my son got the items without them months ago. I did everything else wp poi and hearts and the achievement of been there done that. I though did not get the items. Thats what I as asking for myself.

No you don’t need those, and sorry abt that “blah blah” bothering you because I meant etc. … My English is not good.

Akatan.2761

It’s absolutely being worked on! (And submitting one ticket is sufficient; duplicates actually slow the response time.)

Great

MistyWinter.9670

No you don’t need those, and sorry abt that “blah blah” bothering you because I meant etc. … My English is not good.

NP one of those days and it hit wrong spot =) I am just having the same issue.

Posted by: Ian.6938

Ian.6938

I am just glad the Devs are looking into it.

Previous responses from the Devs assume it was the old bug or mistakes by players, and that made me panic.

This is my second pair Gift of exploration so I’m aware the previous issues and have tried them all.

Good Luck finding that bug Anet!

Akatan.2761

The “Been there. Done that.” title is intended to be awarded to a player when a single character on his or her account has visited every location required for World Complete. In your case, it appears that the title was awarded prematurely, and one or more required locations have not yet been visited.

To receive the rewards for fully exploring the world, please carefully review each map for missing Points of Interest, Skill Challenges, Renown Regions, and Waypoints with the single character with whom you are trying to finish the task. The most common areas that are missed are World vs. World maps, Chantry of Secrets, and the various city maps, such as Divinity’s Reach, Black Citadel, etc.

Once your selected character has visited every required area, you will receive the rewards.

:L This is what I received from GM today.

Akatan.2761

We have checked the Map Completion achievement and rewards and they are working fine. I suggest that you check every of the areas of the map once again as the Support Team is not able to provide with replacements for the Map Completion Rewards.

Then I have seen this.
Only thing I want to say is….
Are you serious?
I have done the troubleshooting and the bug happened to me, and the only way to solve it is let me run through all map again???????????????????

(edited by Akatan.2761)

Posted by: hilifter.4056

hilifter.4056

I’m in the same boat sadly. Did all the troubleshooting and everything. But if that is what they are going to tell me to do then what’s the point of putting in a claim? Seems to be wasting everyone’s time.

Posted by: leniu.5879

leniu.5879

My friend finished 100% today (he discovered new poi in LA, then finished some other map cause i told him about this LA poi bug) and he received gifts. So it must be about new poi in LA. And it’s not our fault. We can’t do it on our own by revisiting maps, etc, what we ALREADY DID. So please, ANet IT IS a BUG and YOU have to FIX this.

Posted by: Essence.3248

Essence.3248

Please Gaile, it’s not a coincidence that suddenly one day (patch day, how surprising) a fairly large amount of players do not receive their reward.
Telling us to revisit the Holy Fixing all bugs Chantry of Secrets is really just… at least it looks like a way of telling us – you’re all wrong, no we are not responsible for your loss – at least that’s how I personally feel.
and honestly, the support really doesn’t do anything to even try and figure out if there might be a bug in their game.
Please try to understand something IS wrong and face it the right way.

(edited by Essence.3248)

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

i also finished the world yesterday on my 5th toon and got no Reward.

- Ported thru all maps again no missing reward chest
- went thru all new vistas again and re viewed them
- went in an out chantry of secrets twice

please fix it :p

Reaper – Anguîsh

Posted by: Slugonaut.9841

Slugonaut.9841

Well, it has been a few days since the last response from Anet on my ticket even though I have responded a few additional times. I can only hope this means they are thoroughly investigating the issue with my account……

Good news is at least they realize there is a new issue with map completion. However, I wish they would be a bit more in depth and detailed in there handling of the tickets as it seems they just give run of the mill responses for this issue.

I still don’t understand the last response I received on my ticket stating that I completed the map in Sept. 2012 as there is no way this is even possible since I maybe had 1 or 2 zones done at most at that time. So, either Anet has written off my ticket based on this response or they actually investigating it properly. Let’s hope this gets fixed soon……

80 Norn Thief Ebay [CoT]

Akatan.2761

Finally a support team member is going to check this thread now.
I paste the link to them and told them what leniu said.
Hope they will take this seriously.

Posted by: stickman.3265

stickman.3265

I just finished my map completion and my last point of interest was in LA while it was under attack I already had LA map completion done so I did no receive a chest when I finished. I did not receive my gift I have gone an tried all the fixes posted on the forums and nothing has worked please address this issue anet it’s impacting everyone and really kittening me off

(edited by stickman.3265)

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

wanted to add that my wife has the opposite problem. She got the reward but no title for been there done that. Submitted a ticket months ago. Never got answer and gave up.

Posted by: KOPSi.5190

KOPSi.5190

oke so i did all that gaile sugested. no helping.
last poi i got was one in lions arch so maybe its because of that ?

[SoD] Nema Bezanja / Accords De Carnage /Chords…

Gandara./ Im DATZ chainsaw charzzzz

Posted by: stickman.3265

stickman.3265

so I have tried to fix this with the normal fixes and none of them work its a problem with the loins arch point of interest with the new update. Anet u guys need to fix this look how many people are having this problem.

hdinh.8091

Cmon guys, please stop whining ANet is working on it. If you were to scroll up, you would notice the ANet dev’s mssge. He said they are working on it. I know it been taking awhile… The gift of exploration is the last thing that i need for my legendary. And i am probably one of the first victims of the bug. So please have some patience, and btw this is the mssge that i got back from my support ticket.

Thank you for contacting our team about a game issue that you experienced. The Guild Wars 2 Development Team is aware of this issue and team members currently are working on addressing it. Please keep an eye on the official forums for any future updates and announcements regarding Guild Wars 2. You can reach the forums via this link: http://forum.guildwars2.com

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

GM Anduril
Guild Wars 2 Support Team

Sylvari Engineer

JUN YANG.4328

How hard it could be for them to fixing this tiny issue? It’s been a day since they know this bug. Some of us had wait for 5 days. Legendary is everyone’s dream. Our dream can’t come true because anet they not put attention to it. And rather fixing graphic error for zodic armor. In last update.

Posted by: Mercury Death.6537

Mercury Death.6537

I have same trouble, im do all trouble-shooting steps 2 times, and this not help. Plz give me my reward, or i gonna cry!

Posted by: Ian.6938

Ian.6938

leniu.5879

My friend finished 100% today (he discovered new poi in LA, then finished some other map cause i told him about this LA poi bug) and he received gifts. So it must be about new poi in LA. And it’s not our fault. We can’t do it on our own by revisiting maps, etc, what we ALREADY DID. So please, ANet IT IS a BUG and YOU have to FIX this.

I think Anet Devs should investigate in this area.

The premise to trigger the bug is to complete the maps in Lion Arch(under attack) using the 2 new POI as the last POI.

JUN YANG.4328

Mayb there support team it’s like everyone else. No one working on Saturday and Sunday. And everyone work from 9-5. Anet you make a global game. Ur sport team should be 24 7.

(edited by JUN YANG.4328)

Posted by: SplinterXC.3219

SplinterXC.3219

I’m having this same problem, I reported it with the in game report bug feature, I’m really hoping that this gets fixed ASAP.

“Don’t Blink. Blink and you’re dead. Don’t turn your
back. Don’t look away. And don’t Blink. Good Luck.”
~ The Doctor

Posted by: Mercury Death.6537

Mercury Death.6537

The premise to trigger the bug is to complete the maps in Lion Arch(under attack) using the 2 new POI as the last POI.

Thats true, im open last 2 POI in LA too, and im too revesiting all map 2 times, and ofc i watchd chatrum of secrets many times.

I’m in no hurry, just afraid that I do not give awards.

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

I just finished map completion for the first time on my account. No books and I’ve done all the trouble shooting and recheck everything. I’ve streamed myself trouble shooting it and my reaction to not getting my books!

its all good and im sure it will be fixxxed in the future. PONY BOW INC!!!!!!

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

(edited by Mindtrick.5190)

JUN YANG.4328

I am in hurry, I am waiting that crap for my eternity. do you know how long I working on that?

Posted by: baschxd.2659

baschxd.2659

I finished my world map and didn’t recive my gifts either!
My account sad i have 100% of world map, my character has te star and i received the achievement, but not the gifts.
I’m really upset right now, because I only need that to finish my fisrt legendary weapon =\
I sent a bug report in-game too!
I’m still waiting for an answer

http://postimg.org/image/bjpo17lb7/

Attachments:

(edited by baschxd.2659)

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

(Repeating post in other forum)

According to a member of our programming team, there is a known issue that is preventing some players from getting rewards. The team is investigating.

However, quite often, a player is mistaken about the status of their account or is shown that rewards are due when they aren’t quite earned. Players should do some troubleshooting steps before submitting a ticket, because this might be resolvable individually, and ,may not be related to any bug.

Here are some troubleshooting steps:

1. Log into the game with the character that has the 100% world completion.
  2. Go to Bloodtide Coast via Lion’s Arch and enter the Chantry of Secrets.
  3. Make sure that you have claimed the “Sanctum of Secrets” Point of Interest within this map instance.
  4. Some of the skill challenges require you to consume an item. If this item has been consumed in a zone other than the one in which the skill challenge is located, you will not receive the rewards for 100% world completion. Revisit every map in the game and that may resolve your issue and grant you your items.

Also, sometimes the title is rewarded prematurely (in error). To receive the rewards for fully exploring the world, please carefully review each map for missing Points of Interest, Skill Challenges, Renown Regions, and Waypoints with the single character with whom you are trying to finish the task. The most common areas that are missed are World vs. World maps, Chantry of Secrets, and the various city maps, such as Divinity’s Reach, Black Citadel, etc.

More:

Generally we find that players are resolving the problem by revisiting each the following cities.
- Lion’s Arch
- Rata Sum
- Black Citadel
- Divinity’s Reach
- Hoelbrak
- The Grove

Player Notes:

• I just fixed after reading some solutions here, come back to whisper cathedral ( i alredy had explored ) and go back to the last interset point, work for me.
  • [Player] teleported to all the map locations and found that he had not opened the reward chest (the one you see each time you finish a map or after completing daily quests or dungeons) on one particular map. After opening the chest, another reward popped up and he was able to obtain the Gifts of Exploration.

I hope all this is helpful to you. If after doing these steps and following these tips you continue to need assistance, please submit a ticket. If you already submitted a ticket some time ago (say, more than a week ago) and, after going through the troubleshooting steps above, still need help you can simply respond to your ticket and say you still have not received your rewards.

OK Anet I’ve done everything you suggest here nothing happens still i got 100% map but no rewards. Submitted a ticket no response so now what? btw this is my 4th toon to go for world completion and i had no issues with the others till now…

Attachments:

(edited by WingLegacy.7159)

JUN YANG.4328

I submitted my ticket for 3 days still don’t have any response. Looks like they support team only work Monday to Friday. 9-5. What a joke, a company earn 40 million US dollar in Q4 don’t event have a 24 7 support team. Still haven’t fix this tiny bug!!!!

Posted by: Kevin.2178

Kevin.2178

I highly doubt that we´ll ever get our reward, we should all start the 100% on another character after the LA under attack event is done… gg a-net

hdinh.8091

Jun, why do you keep describing it as ‘tiny bug’. No offense, but how would you knw if it was a small bug or not? ANet is working on other things right now. And these negative comments aren’t helping. This gift is the last thing i need too. It’s patch week, ANet’s support is probably clogged with tickets. They said that there was going to be a delay in replies. So why are you still complaining? They notified everyone.

Sylvari Engineer

JUN YANG.4328

Because I am a programmer.
And I need to finish my eternity By this week. And I am in a competition with the others. That’s WHY!!

Posted by: ankdarkwolf.1487

ankdarkwolf.1487

I have the same issue. I tried all the suggestion given, and now I’m patiently waiting for an answer to my support ticket. But how about sending a gift of exploration to the ones that have 100% map completion while they fix the reward issue? I have everything ready for my legendary, i had to wait 11 weeks for the color rotation in www (that didn’t happened!!! so in the end i had to “summon the zerg” XD) so i’m quite disappointed

Maeeve – The Unlikely Plan (TUP) – Cute! <3

Posted by: Flowwwie.5940

Flowwwie.5940

same issue here.
Finished map completion with the two new POI’s in LA. Got title achiev star next to name but no gifts. Tried everything sugegsted in this thread.. nope

Akatan.2761

Wish ANet could recover my gift of exploration ASAP.
Sigh.

Posted by: baschxd.2659

baschxd.2659

It is really scary, i don’t know if i will receive my reward or not, this is my first legendary weapon and i really don’t want to complete 100% of the world map so soon.

I tried all your suggestions A.NET and it didn’t work.

(edited by baschxd.2659)

Posted by: kjoilk.9361

kjoilk.9361

Tried everything they suggested. The LA POIs were my last, and I’m assuming that’s why I did not receive my Gifts of Exploration. I sent in a ticket, with no response. Please fix this soon, Anet! I won’t have this much free time in a couple weeks!

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

It is really scary, i don’t know if i will recive my reward or not, this is my first legendary weapon and i really don’t want take 100% of world map to soon.

I tried all your suggestions A.NET and does’t work.

They will probably tell us np just make another toon and do completion again. ..