[Bugged Skill point][Sparkfly FEN] SHARK [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

There is a glitched corridor in the cavern that allows entrance to the other side of the wall “decorations” . I assume that the glitch usually comes from one of the sharks swimming in there and getting lost. Sometimes you can swim in behind it, but some parts of that are just too narrow for characters.

The entrance to the glitched part is to the upper right of the cave entrance (looking from inside the cave)

In short: the missing shark that makes the skillpoint uncompletable usually is within the rock.

Edit: seems it has been already mentioned, there

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Xkem.5712

Xkem.5712

Been waiting a few days. Thanks god I haven’t been waiting a few weeks.

Posted by: Thore Thundergod.8764

Thore Thundergod.8764

My wife and I tried to attempt the skill challenge and the one shark is on the rocks in green and the other two are green they will not interact with us. so we cannot complete map completion bugged please fix thank you I have included a screen shot as well.

Attachments:

Posted by: Ibanez.4586

Ibanez.4586

Skill challenge is broke on Yaks Bend Server too.

Posted by: Vasco.9861

Vasco.9861

Still bugged after 2 months and only 6 posts.

I suspect this is only bugged on some servers and therefore has low priority for the Devs.

I have reported the bug in game using the Support Ticket system but I am not holding my breath for an early fix.

Posted by: LightningLockey.5938

LightningLockey.5938

I think the glitch “comes and goes”. On my server, DragonBrand, I was told it was bugged about a month ago, but it wasn’t. One time they were green and friendly (like Flipper!), another time they were spawning in the rocks. I’m afraid to go back and see what is there now…

Best to attempt this right after a game update (maintenance, patch or expansion) and see if it works then.

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

It was bugged yesterday on SoR too, but today when i went back i just had to kill two normal sharks underwater and one more on the ground above.

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love
¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸

Posted by: steral krim.3764

steral krim.3764

Adding yet another bug report to this. Acsalon server. It’s the last thing I need to do to complete this map.

Posted by: Loridian.2410

Loridian.2410

I just did the shark on blackgate, in Sparkfly Fen…..However, all the sharks were above ground, and green, the one tagged with the skill point was also green and on top of the rocks. I looked over to my left and in a tiny pool of water was a red shark, killed it and got the skill point completion. Pretty sure its not by design, lol. but it worked.

Posted by: Alsonia.4753

Alsonia.4753

Bugged in the ceiling on Blackgate server. I’m getting awfully sick of Skill Points being bugged and pointless to even waste my time with because every time I go through for map completion SOMETHING is bugged.

Gloria Taril | Guardian of [ICoa]
Repping Beastgate since day 1.

Posted by: Humposaurus.5764

Humposaurus.5764

Been there. Done that twice.

I know its frustrating, best bet is to go right after a server reset. ANet is still “working on it” (they are working on alot, but never seem to get it right xD)

Alsonia.4753

And god only know when the next server reset is

but the point is; I shouldn’t have to rely on a.net to reset the server at some random undisclosed time to finish my map…

(edited by Alsonia.4753)

Posted by: Asglarek.8976

Asglarek.8976

Are you sure you jumping in the pool and swimming underneath and not from lake side. Ask one of your servers mesmers to portal you through wall.

Alsonia.4753

I’m where I got it on my 3 other characters with 100% map. And what do you mean portal through the wall. The mob is suck in the ceiling pretty sure portalling won’t effect the threat.

Posted by: Helenorz.2547

Helenorz.2547

This is Sparkfly Fen. At this point, the event will show up when you go down into the cave where the sharks are, but you can fight them, as two of the minions are “swimming” above ground.

Attachments:

Alsonia.4753

Tried getting on my mesmer and jarring her loose with a Portal. Wonderful part is transferring on and off my server isn’t really possible considering Blackgate is full.

Posted by: Asglarek.8976

Asglarek.8976

lol sorry was being playfully sarcastic, Blackgate… mesmer… wv3 inside joke.

Alsonia.4753

Is it even possible to reset a single zone because this skill point being down is effecting more than just one person.

Alsonia.4753

Which server is this? It’s the same on Blackgate as well.

Posted by: Jeffonna.2619

Jeffonna.2619

It is also bugged like this on Northern Shiverpeaks.

Remember The Stone [RmbR] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Alsonia.4753

So that’s 3 servers I know of; I think we should get some more people to come in here and find out if there are more bugged so we can at least get a reset

Posted by: Jeffonna.2619

Jeffonna.2619

It would be nice, but the thing is that it’s not the first topic to talk about this problem. So far though, no changes have been reported about it.

Remember The Stone [RmbR] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Nesetalis.5293

Nesetalis.5293

http://i.imgur.com/1Rh63.jpg
in sparkfly fen…

Posted by: Nebulis.8973

Nebulis.8973

Bugged here too: Fort Aspenwood

I don’t know what is supposed to happen here, but 2 ancient sharks are in the cave below and one is floating on a rock above.

Attachments:

Ranger ~ Gwenavin Silvarlsti
Warrior ~ Kahless Coldstone
Elementalist ~ Kira The Star Child | Server ~ FA

Alsonia.4753

Blackgate’s are brood are dead and Pistrix is hiding in a rock.

Posted by: Helenorz.2547

Helenorz.2547

It’s Isle of Janthir. Right before I got there, people in the map chat were talking about how it’s bugged in the ceiling (like other threads were saying), but when I got there, It’s actually on land, hence why I made a thread.

Alsonia.4753

4 servers experiencing the problem then. Magical.

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Tarnished Coast, it’s been like this on and off for two weeks.

There are actually at least two other threads on this, which have already been merged.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Posted by: Senor Pantalones de Fuego.8069

Senor Pantalones de Fuego.8069

This is happening on Darkhaven as well.

Alsonia.4753

This is 6 out of what 21? Come on a.net….

Posted by: Ciri.8629

Ciri.8629

99 percent World Completion, Im missing 1 skillpoint. Guess which one? Ancient Shark Pistrix. It was bugged on Far Shiverpeaks a week ago. I dont know current status on FSP becuase Im on Kodash now, but its bugged here too.

Posted by: Omgnotimba.1785

Omgnotimba.1785

AFTER 2 months and STILL BUGGED

gate of madness

and this is what you get when they promise things they cant deliver

(edited by Omgnotimba.1785)

Posted by: mudslinger.1938

mudslinger.1938

Skill Challenge S.W. of Toad’s Head waypoint bugged, been this way for some time any idea when it get fixed

Posted by: mindell.4938

mindell.4938

Piken Square is also bugged.

Posted by: Alorix.7460

Alorix.7460

The sharks are also bugged on Tarnished Coast. All four sharks are “swimming” on the rocks above ground, and all were red. They can not be killed, though they did take damage to the point of nearly dying, then turned green.

I still got the skill point, even though I didn’t technically kill any of the sharks.

Posted by: Gian.4398

Gian.4398

Finally got it this morning (Sorrow’s Furnace) all four sharks in the cave and hostile.

Posted by: rbelota.6072

rbelota.6072

I’m having the same problem, early and still the day was not giving a little to complete the Skill Point.

Please if you can send the solution soon appreciate.
Thank you

Belota – Engineer / Uirapuru – Ranger / Cuhra – Necromancer

Guild Vindictus Revolution [VR] – Server Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted by: Sammoth.5734

Sammoth.5734

This Skill Point has been bugged for over a month now on Anvil Rock. Are we ever going to get a fix ? The Sharks are stuck on 1/2 – 2/3 and also stuck in the wall from time to time. Also the SP Shark NPC does not respond. This is the several times that I have went there to complete the area.

Posted by: Vix.6730

Vix.6730

The sharks are created somewhere inside the earth. You cannot fight them. Please fix soon. I see there are posts about this going way back from Sept. This bug prevents map completion.

Posted by: Timze.7980

Timze.7980

There is no bug. You can enter inside the cave where the sharks are by the small water area near land.

I also thought at first time this was bug, but then checked wiki and it was fine.

If you are reading this, you are only waisting your time!
Still reading this? You know there is something better to be done for sure. -.-’’

Posted by: varonecl.4265

varonecl.4265

Yep, bugged on Anvil Rock too. How is this going on for 3 months and no one from modeator to developer commenting on the thread. Has anyone submitted a bug report?

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Still bugged on Tarnished Coast.

For those on realms where the sharks get stuck: It IS still possible to complete the skillpoint. Even with it broken as it is now, I was able to complete it on two toons.

Enter the cave as normally to trigger them to turn hostile, if they’re not already.

KIll any that are in the cave, or the surrounding water. If there are no further visible targets and it still shows the event in progress, check the surrounding cave walls. I was able to aoe/condition damage a shark stuck in the cave wall down to finish the event. If necessary, bind a key to ‘next target’ so you can select the shark(s) through the wall.

I actually started hanging around the skillpoint and offering to help people complete it this way for a little while too.

So yeah, the primary bug here is that the sharks do not reset properly, and sometimes end up in the wall or even outside of their cave.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Posted by: Rafa.7834

Rafa.7834

I was able to get the Ancient Shark Pistrix to come out on top of the rock by using the “Fear Me!” shout with the warrior about three times until he came out of the rock. He then sits there as you are free to kill him without him fighting back. I assume any similar skills that make him either run to you or from you will move him. My server is Fergusson’s Crossing.

Posted by: levelmakerguru.7210

levelmakerguru.7210

This is located in Stone of Hazaan, in the area of Sparkfly Fen, this has been buggy since the game first started and it seems that it cannot be fixed, we cannot complete the map if this is not working

thanks

Posted by: Gunther Dragan.9431

Gunther Dragan.9431

I have submitted several bug reports on this same problem. The first couple of times the sharks were swimming in the hole and there were only three of them, Pistrix and two of the lesser sharks, the progress bar showed a third shark that still needed to be killed but the shark was nowhere to be seen to kill it. The last time I returned, a couple of days later to see if this issue had been fixed, two of the sharks were green/non-hostile and flopping around up top on the ground not even in the water! However, the third hostile sharks’ life bar would be visible for a few seconds each time I came up out of the water nearby. I was eventually able to target it to keep it visible and them swim in the hole with Pistrix and use the guardian skill “Pillar of Light” and my “Virtue of Justice” to degen/burn it to death and finally get the skill point to finish the area. The problem seems to be that the sharks are being generated by the game INSIDE of the walls of the water cave and not in the water itself. When inside of the walls they are not always visible or in places any skills can reach.

Posted by: BillFreist

Previous

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

Next

Ahhh… The spotting of the elusive Land Shark.

Arrgghh I remember the days where these sharks were bound to the seas. Never in my day did I expect to see them sprout legs and wonder the land of Tyria.

:D

The issue with these guys was a pretty risky fix. I got a fix in to keep them in their cave a couple weeks back, but it affects the whole game and not just them. We’ve been letting this change get plenty of testing before setting it wild. It’ll make it into our Wintersday build later this week.

-Bill

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Thanks, Bill.

I came across this one today, and fought the three brood, but Pistrix is nowhere to be seen.

Posted by: Jenesaisquoi.1864

Jenesaisquoi.1864

Thanks, Bill.

I came across this one today, and fought the three brood, but Pistrix is nowhere to be seen.

It’s same here, I’m clearing this map today. And the shark is somehow on the rock above, not in the underwater cave. And all of them are green. So obviously a glitch that hope will be fixed soon @@

Posted by: Roaos.5381

Roaos.5381

Same with me… the shark name is green and i can’t start the skill challenge…

Posted by: NickFireman.7243

NickFireman.7243

I did this challenge with my necro this weekend on Jade Quarry. All sharks were above the ground with green names, but the challenge was saying 2/3. Went to the underwater cave where we should fight the sharks and voilá, the last shark was there and it was red. Killed it, got the skill point.

Try go to the cave and look for any red shark. Also, try using an underwater ranged weapon and set auto target on and start attacking, it will probably tag anything stuck on the walls, and maybe it will be possible to hit it.

Garrus Finiarel – Human Warrior
Raven Oakwood – Sylvari Ranger
Kal Vas Flam [KVF] – Jade Quarry