Buried Insight broken [Hot Story]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

On the first attempt it got stuck after Taimi made the Asura Gate work. On the second attempt it stuck right after meeting the first group of Chak.

Posted by: Ramontique.9852

Ramontique.9852

I’ve been stuck for the 4th time now

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

I’ve been stuck for the 4th time now

Same here now. There is nothing I can do after having the Asura gate opened. Dying the chasm below & retrying from waypoint DOES NOT help :-I

Posted by: Cowa.3421

Cowa.3421

Posted by: Hahatoon.3608

Hahatoon.3608

On the first attempt it got stuck after Taimi made the Asura Gate work. On the second attempt it stuck right after meeting the first group of Chak.

Confirm

Posted by: Squeaky Geekie.6398

Squeaky Geekie.6398

Yep same here stuck right after you kill Chak Blitzer at the asuran gate

Posted by: DasPatAttack.2516

DasPatAttack.2516

same problem here, second attempt

Posted by: freddydyret.6870

freddydyret.6870

Same, cant move on with the story now

Posted by: Ramontique.9852

Ramontique.9852

Figured out how to finish it.. you have to kill the small shielder enemy before you kill the big one. You might have to kill all the small ones. To kill the shielder you need to break his break bar. This took me Bane Signet, Dragon Hunter F1 and Binding Blades.

Posted by: Tomok.6780

Tomok.6780

Same for me, Taimi stuck after 2nd defense-golem.

Cowa.3421

anyone tried this after patch?

Cowa.3421

still bugged dont do it …. ><

Tamini stuck here

Attachments:

(edited by Cowa.3421)

Posted by: Scientia.8924

Scientia.8924

Can confirm, but mine is stuck for the 2nd time where Taimi says, “I guess the ley equipment on Scruffy’s not quite perfected yet.”

Calling Personal Story quits until they fix it

What if HoT turns out to be the Mordrem Invasion event, x100?

Posted by: ProTech.8402

ProTech.8402

I was able to do it. When you encounter the first defense golem, there is another one behind you. Kill them both. The one behind me stuck the NPC when we fought during a conversation a bit later.

Posted by: Camben.2319

Camben.2319

Having this same problem. Taimi opens the gate, we kill the Champion/drones and then everyone sits there doing nothing. I ran around checking for mobs that may have been overlooked, etc… nothing.

Posted by: Avatar of Furin.6814

Just tried this, got stuck at exact same spot as Cowa’s screenshot. Still happening.

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

I am stuck as well….

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

OneKlicKill.4285

First time it was at the portal, now taimi has decided to just not move when im supposed to follow her to the portal…

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

Posted by: Vorgryn.9145

Vorgryn.9145

Gotten stuck twice after killing the Chak boss and waiting to go through the portal.

Posted by: prism.4982

prism.4982

Got mine to work.

What I did is to target the Drones first, make sure they all die, then the invul guy, lastly the big guy.

The big guy went invulnerable for a while, walked, and triggered a cutscene.

OneKlicKill.4285

Got mine to work.

What I did is to target the Drones first, make sure they all die, then the invul guy, lastly the big guy.

So are you saying i have to kill the big guy slower so he can cause a cut scene… cause I tried the kill all the little ones first as well but that didnt work. Getting kinda sick of this repeate…

OneKlicKill.4285

Update: try to be bad and do no damage. We are killing it faster than the invuln pops up. kill the adds and let your allies kill it after 25% or so.

prism.4982

Got mine to work.

So are you saying i have to kill the big guy slower so he can cause a cut scene… cause I tried the kill all the little ones first as well but that didnt work. Getting kinda sick of this repeate…

Not necessarily, but making absolutely sure that none of the Chak Drones escape or get ‘lost’ seems to help. The invul guy makes the drones invul also while he is close. Wait for him to move away. When only one drone was left i killed him with CC and then immediately killed the last Drone, then the ‘boss’.

There are definitely some serious bugs going on here though, because I bugged at other points before as well.

prism.4982

Got mine to work.

Not necessarily, but making absolutely sure that none of the Chak Drones escape or get ‘lost’ seems to help. The invul guy makes the drones invul also while he is close. Wait for him to move away. When only one drone was left i killed him with CC and then immediately killed the last Drone, then the ‘boss’.

There are definitely some serious bugs going on here though, because I bugged at other points before as well.

Posted by: jpgsggk.4753

jpgsggk.4753

Any update for this bug. Got struck at the same zone too.

Posted by: HtFde.3856

HtFde.3856

Yeah – third attempt now … sucks

PMI – Dzagonur Rallybot :)

Posted by: Danariel.4675

Danariel.4675

I and my husband were finally able to do it on our 6th try after a “New Build.” Crossing fingers that this is now fixed for everyone.

Posted by: cyraxisragnarok.4603

cyraxisragnarok.4603

Nope, just happened to me 5 mins ago. Killed the vet that spawned from the portal (the one interrupting the energy or whatever) and now I’m stuck. Ran out of the room, all over the place, nothing.

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

Just bugged for me as well.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Posted by: cyraxisragnarok.4603

cyraxisragnarok.4603

…and it’s still bugged. Can’t even get to the point I was at yesterday. Taimi just bugged out at the bottom of the stair going up into the lab. I had killed one of the golems that had wandered down the stairs, and now she’s stuck in place.

Would really like to stop wasting time with this. Not exactly the fastest of quests since it’s a giant bunch of “defend the npc”.

Posted by: Dakirah.1892

Dakirah.1892

Taimi is bugged for me right next to the cave. I’m able to go inside but I can’t progress any further because she wont move. Tried everything

Posted by: Sai Ree.5960

Sai Ree.5960

Taimi stuck here as well, when following her to the draw of ley energy.
Tried dieing from the ballistic cannons but taimi still stuck, i respawned right next to her.

(edited by Sai Ree.5960)

Posted by: midwintersong.7190

midwintersong.7190

This is still bugged for me as well, next to the entrance of the cave. Taimi won’t move

Posted by: NixiPixi.8320

NixiPixi.8320

Also bugged for me, Taimi will not move. Any ETA on a fix?

Posted by: FelixPiers.6047

FelixPiers.6047

Just got up to this mission myself. Tried it twice and same problem. Taimi just stops moving.

Posted by: pajas.6093

pajas.6093

Please fix this ASAP

Posted by: BartsBiggestFan.9740

BartsBiggestFan.9740

Same issue, only I get up to the gate, and as they spawn the server times out, 4 times now and only happens when they spawn at gate.

Posted by: Yunni.8296

Yunni.8296

Taimi has stopped moving right before going up to the lab.

Posted by: Kranky.8231

Kranky.8231

Taimi has stopped moving right before going up to the lab.

Same for me, pretty poor programming…

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Oogo.4083

Oogo.4083

taimi stuck before going up to the lab, killed all defines sniper and two golem nothing she just stop moving,,,,

Posted by: Oogo.4083

Oogo.4083

i did it again but this time i made sure i was always following taimi and not running in front of her,,,, it seems to not bug with that way…

Posted by: Zora.5369

Zora.5369

Taimi keeps getting stuck exactly here mostly, but can get stuck anywhere else as well. I managed to complete Buried Insight by vanishing w/ my mesmer, problem is you remain in combat even after you’ve killed the chak. You can check if you’re in combat if you try to teleport to a waypoint it says you cant while in combat. I vanished and she got unstuck and carried on. Killing yourself will not help. Please fix, it’s a really annoying bug, took me more than 10 tries to figure it out.

Attachments:

(edited by Zora.5369)

Posted by: Caedrion.6104

Caedrion.6104

Finally got the quest done, after 20+ tries O_O !!! As we remain in combat even after all the chak die, seems indeed that Taimi either remains in combat herself, or doesn’t seem to register that that part of the quest is over and refuses to move forward, no vanishes here so the only way i found to get the job done was to get the last Chak of each wave to low HP and let them finish off the job by walking away from them as far as i could.

Took this “tactic” all the way till the lab and worked in my case, cant say as of yet if it will work for everyone else but worth the try i reckon, will try it again once i get there with a second character.

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

I also have a similar issue; when walking down the passage with turrets and sentry bots, Taimi will suddenly stop and do nothing after saying “I think so. We’re almost right on top of the source”.

This is the 2nd attempt in a row where this has bugged, I don’t think I will be trying it again for a few days. Very frustrating.

Posted by: gescean.4279

gescean.4279

This bug is still active, just got stuck where Taimi says the signal moved.

Attachments:

Posted by: Crusheddiamond.1895

Crusheddiamond.1895

I’m shocked nothing has been said about this, i cant continue the story in any way cause of this bug…really sucks gets stuck at the “I think so. We’re almost right on top of the source” every time

Posted by: Dreamy Lu.3865

Dreamy Lu.3865

Yesterday, had Taimi stuck as shown in many videos and explained here… Have reported it as bug blocking progress, but now I discover this thread and …. well…

Posted by: Edarkness.7543

Edarkness.7543

STILL bugged guys

Posted by: Pseudonymous.2107

Pseudonymous.2107

Can confirm that this is still bugged. I’ve given it two attempts so far and just like someone else mentioned she’ll stop beneath the stairs after fighting the second golem.

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

Reading this topic I first thought I never got this bug but thanks to screenshots I realised I somehow got it but I sorted out.
What worked for me was to go backwrads, up the slope, after the first chak wave. It went to next phase immediately.
Now I remember that the first time I actually made a huge tour of the instance without anything happening.
Try the trick, it may help you.