Issue Reports: Heart of Thorns [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Gilded Hollow Waypoints aren’t working for me, but the game still takes my gold.

Posted by: Aniel.1630

Aniel.1630

I have unlocked the longbow proficiency for my guardian. However he is still unable to wield longbows

Posted by: trouble.3562

trouble.3562

Hello my dear Anet Folks,

mi issue:

Bugged chests make me crash. Can’t open them. (currently have 2)
i have 2 chests to open, both make me crash. A green one and an orange one from HoT new maps, please fix this, its so annoying.
ty.
Fun thing: i can only see them with my guardian, which is with who i was in HoT maps.

You can Clearly see those 2 chests there. I cant accept them. I always always crash. Please help

Attachments:

(edited by trouble.3562)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

“Sign Cutting” story instance will not progress. The bar never goes to complete and I’m pretty sure the rock that says I can interact with, although I can’t, is supposed to progress this.

Update

I logged in today and was able to complete the story step. I was on a different IP this time.

I suggest those having issues (e.g. the scout) to try again and see if the problem can be worked around by being on a different IP.

Attachments:

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: WaldoTower.4879

WaldoTower.4879

Scout Acan.

same here. i cannot interact with him. glitched for some people? please fix Anet !

Attachments:

Posted by: deynsommer.5306

deynsommer.5306

Even though I am 46% through my dragon hunter specialization its still not possible for me to add the specialization in my build (between valor and the others spec the dragon hunter is not even shown). I got my longbow with the first point I spended in the specialization but still the message for me is that the longbow is unussable for my profession.

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

Even though I am 46% through my dragon hunter specialization its still not possible for me to add the specialization in my build (between valor and the others spec the dragon hunter is not even shown). I got my longbow with the first point I spended in the specialization but still the message for me is that the longbow is unussable for my profession.

it can only go in the third slot in the build. is that where you’re putting it?

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: Dara Potocska

Previous

Dara Potocska

QA Embed

Next

Hello. My guild and I just tried to complete the guild favor mission “PvP Conquest” for the 300 favor so we can have a guild hall. All of the people in our team was repping the guild, and we all had a combined score of above 700. We played a conquest match, and won, so both the team score and personal score are both over 500. We played in unranked, because ranked is not available, but this was not a custom game. The guild mission started before we queued for hte match.
We should have 440 more influence now, which is more then enoguh for hte guild hall. However, we did not get credit for it.

Hail! I am looking into your issue and had a few questions:

1. It looks like your guild folks are only in a party together and not a Guild Team (based on the screenshot you provided). Since that is a requirement for the mission, can you confirm that your parties were also on guild teams (the guild team tab in the guild panel will allow you to create these)?

2. Did you trigger the mission before you queued?

I may need more information depending on your answers. Thanks!

Posted by: Dara Potocska

Previous

Dara Potocska

QA Embed

Next

Gilded Hollow Waypoints aren’t working for me, but the game still takes my gold.

Thank you for the report. We’re investigating, but until we can get a fix together for folks we suggest walking while within the map, and using the [Guild Hall] button in your guild panel to travel to the guild hall.

Note: We’ve found this affects Lost Precipice as well – so anyone with this guild should take care to not use them as well.

Posted by: Croozer.2179

Croozer.2179

Adept Reaper achievement did not unlock, daredevil did unlock though

Posted by: Taiori.4793

Taiori.4793

Not getting rewards for adventures: Daily boxes are checked as completed and bronze lifetime box checked, but no rewards. Even when completing silver and gold (and getting checkmarks on daily) achievements are not awarded and no checkmark on lifetime tab.

Tried repeatedly in salvage pit and tendril torcher. Was not getting any checkmarks either on salvage pit when entering through door rather than flag, but that was yesterday afternoon CET – may have changed since.

Posted by: trouble.3562

trouble.3562

mi issue:

i have 2 chests to open, both make me crash. A green one and an orange one from HoT new maps, please fix this, its so annoying.
ty.
Fun thing: i can only see them with my guardian, which is with who i was in HoT maps.

You can Clearly see those 2 chests there. I cant accept them. I always always crash. Please help

Note: I got a new “green” chest, now clicking all of this 3 chests makes my client to crash.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I have crashed over 10 times in 2 hours of play.

Its nice to see, that i’m not the only one, which has in the new map(s) (sadly it happens in the next map also ..)

Cause i am crashing for already like the 6th time now also too within a short time period and as described in my fist post, this is somethign that usually happens to me only rarely in like tequatl or tri wurm battles…

But HoT seems to have a massive performance problem, otherwise i absolety can’t understand it why these maps seem to be so extremely stressful für our PCs, when in fact just a tiny portion of “action” is running in the map that absolutely comes nowhere near the stressy performance that comes up with one of these super world bosses where you need like 150+ people on the map on the same spot spammign their attacks…

This is a kind of problem, which will in future return more and more again and again, if ANet doesn’t grab this dumb problem finally on its ROOT – and the root problem with this dumb OOM crashign is the bottlenecking of our maximum memory space due to the outdated silly 32bit clients that were more than good enough for games like 10 years ago, but are with games that size and of that performance structure of GW2 totally overwhelmed by now with just the limited memory space of roughly 4GB which 32bit clients can maximum handle with.
I’m pretty sure, we’d see alot lesser OOM crashes in the whole game, if we would get finally like every modern high quality PC game todays, be it MMo or not, a 64bit client…

The 32 bit client era is long overdue OVER and should get axed finally once and for all !!

Programming is saying clients are running out of memory because settings are too high, they suggest lowering settings to alleviate the problem.

Yes, naturally they are saying this, because it is the most normal and cheapest solution for a player to get better game performsance for the cost of havign an uglier looking not so detailed game. I have already reduced my settings, like shadows, I have already the number of shown players and shown player model quality since game release not on maximum, but JUST MIDDLE.
I reduced the graphics qualkity from Supersampling down to Nativ…
Can’t be, that I should cripple the looks of my game experience down even further, just to be able to play the new maps halfway normal without havign to feer, that I could get a OOM crash of the game in the next 30 minutes or lesser, when I could before of HoT play the game EVERYWHERE, even with Tequatl Battles, ir Tri Wurm Battles with everythign in the graphical settings on MAXIMUM, so High/Ultra and have had not problems at all like this, or only very rarely..

But in most cases it was preventable by just simply loggign our7restartign the PC once before going to do the battle as little preparation to reset the cache of the PC so that it could recover its memory space…

The whole OOM crashes would be just only half as annoying, if the game would at least have a way to recognize, that the game crashed for the player and doesn’t let the palyer loose his Event Participation/Map Instance for when you return to the game…
Its just super annoying, when you are like near 100% participation to get the best possible event bonus and then short before you get it, you get a OOM and when you return you have not anymore 100% participation, but just got resetted to 0.
Thanks, that are then the moments in this game, that let you then really feel, how much time you wasted for nearly nothing literally…

The programmers can’t tell us for real, that the new maps are more stressful for the memory space of our PCs, than to participate with every settingat maximum on a Tequatl/Tri Wurm Battle???

To give this Game a 64bit clioent is absolutely the best longterm solution that should help alot of people gettign rid of these annoying OOM crashes, because then with a 64bit client our Pcs have alot more memory space, because they don’t get anymore bottlenecked due to the 32bit limitation to just maximum 4GB approx

And posts like from players from Kylden with their big high technical reports exactly show, that I’m not the only person out there with massively increased OOM crashes in the new maps, hwen we where able to play just normally the game without any OOM problems in the vanilla game maps with maxed out graphic settings.
—-

Adding this quote:

I can play the game for maybe 5 minutes before it crashes. I’ve crashed about 20 times now and I’m obviously just going to a stop playing. Reducing the graphics doesn’t help it still crashes within the same time frame as auto detect. Please please fix this I’ve never had an issue w crashing until HoT patch. It’s unbearable to play and considering the money I spent on the expansion it’s really frustrating

Glad its not only me. i have a toaster so lowest settings on everything possible.

As it clearly shows also, that peole which already play with everythign on the LOWEST Settings, also have the performance problems and get even far more crashes, that I had yesterday !!!
So it is not just done by reducing the graphic settigns, the new map have somewhere a BIG performance problem in themself…. the question is only, what it is that makes the new maps so stressful for our PCs, that it is so much worser, than playing a Teq/Tri Wurm battler on max settings, and so worse, that even playing on everythign with lowest setting doesn’t help …

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Posted by: Nessa Alcare.7015

Nessa Alcare.7015

So I’m aware that compared to other systems mine has pretty low stats (okay so fairly terrible in the scheme of things being Vista 32bit and all); however, my game was able to still run pretty well before the expansion update (and on the lowest possible settings). The game keeps crashing within minutes of logging in and despite repairing the client, completely downloading everything again, and running without any AV programs running, my game still crashes on me. I was looking forward to playing HoT and all the Mad King stuff, but now I have a game that I can’t even play because it’s always crashing before i have a chance to really do anything.
Can’t even grab the error report to post because it also just goes poof after the game crashes.

(edited by Nessa Alcare.7015)

Posted by: Mash Hog.5672

Mash Hog.5672

1. Tempest Fire Sync does not work at all.
2. Tempest Pheonix (blast) + Firefied does not work at all.
3. Tempest Regen gained from auras do not clear condies

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy
Leader of [GASM] #ELEtism
(Retired) Commander [2500+ tPvP Matches Won]

Posted by: Nismo.8346

Nismo.8346

i have buyed that expansion a long time ago but cant use new character slot and can make a new charcter as well

and if i log in on the website i can see i have the expansion so if someone please want to look for me !

thx already

Posted by: Ail.9102

Ail.9102

My game is crashing every time I try to open top tier reward chest from day-time meta event in Verdantn Brink.
I just click on the golden chest above my map and game crashes.

Posted by: roelvanesch.2817

roelvanesch.2817

I don’t know if this was a problem before the expansion, and it’s not anything big but…

While roaming around the map with Tempest, I find myself spamming every aura I have for swiftness. Air overload is one of them. The thing is, it felt a bit akward when the combat music suddenly popped up when I was happily spinning around, killing some critters in the process :’) Is this supposed to happen?

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

UI for some types of events (particularly events that do not have their UI inside the brown meta event UI) has ceased to appear in the on screen tracker since HoT, this is quite annoying. The rewards appear normally for a while before being auto dismissed (this is new right).

Posted by: Fhaeris.9237

Fhaeris.9237

Chest ctd bug still not fixed? Ugh >_<

Posted by: deynsommer.5306

deynsommer.5306

it can only go in the third slot in the build. is that where you’re putting it?

Ahhhh you were so right :-D thank you!

Posted by: Saga San.7026

Saga San.7026

Guild hall NPC Akeetha Stonesunder gives you the option to increase aetherium production for influence. However, nothing changes after spending influence.

Posted by: Olli.9028

Olli.9028

“Fixed an issue where players were losing storyline UI if they crashed or were logged out during the first chapter Prologue: Rally to Magma.”

Not for me :-(
Still bugged

24h are full now and still waiting for a fix

Stab Eins [aX] Axîom
professional WvW rallybotting since 2013

Posted by: FallenTear.3710

FallenTear.3710

Got bug about story Buried Insight:
Chain stop at * Follow Taimi to the draw of ley energy
Taimi doesn’t move anymore, she and me stuck at this part !

Posted by: Eternal Is Sektor.9034

Eternal Is Sektor.9034

“Fixed an issue where players were losing storyline UI if they crashed or were logged out during the first chapter Prologue: Rally to Magma.”

Not for me :-(
Still bugged

24h are full now and still waiting for a fix

Same here. Paid so much money for highest edition took days off of work and my reward is a story breaking glitch. My 10 years of GW loyalty feels like a slap in the face.

Posted by: HariSeldon.4725

HariSeldon.4725

Hi!

Haven’t been able to interact with the TREASURY UI. Can’t donate, scroll down the menu, et. al. Everything else so far works fine. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks.

Posted by: TristanTzara.4628

TristanTzara.4628

The game crashes to desktop often within seconds of logging in, constantly.

Posted by: Quidam.4570

Quidam.4570

Game client crashing randomly and often. Been sending the crash reports.

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

Not sure if it’s just me, but my game keeps freezing/crashing at the end cut scene of the prologue. At least, I assume it’s the end of the prologue. I get past Amber Sandfall, and can talk to Canach and Taimi with no problem, but when I head to the next green star, it just freezes, and I can’t even tab out of the game. I’ve tried it a few times, but only on the one character, not all of mine.

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

The Mistward collections have a slight problem, whichever character gets the chest it becomes soul-bound to even if it’s a class that can’t equip heavy armor.

Posted by: Rasgath.5906

Rasgath.5906

mi issue:

ty.

I am experiencing the same Problem with the “night-chests” from the first Hots map.

Posted by: Farhan.2416

Farhan.2416

Not sure if it’s just me, but my game keeps freezing/crashing at the end cut scene of the prologue. At least, I assume it’s the end of the prologue. I get past Amber Sandfall, and can talk to Canach and Taimi with no problem, but when I head to the next green star, it just freezes, and I can’t even tab out of the game. I’ve tried it a few times, but only on the one character, not all of mine.

Got the same issue. It’s been over 24 hours and this problem still hasn’t been resolved!

Posted by: Dantert.1803

Dantert.1803

If I activate the specializations in the pvp lobby the weapon skins are not unlocked

Posted by: TristanTzara.4628

TristanTzara.4628

Correction to my previous post when I said the game constantly crashes to desktop. This only happens when I try and create a Revenant. Other characters appear to work fine.

Posted by: Zarenda Mal.1364

Zarenda Mal.1364

Mesmer clones don’t appear in the initial challenge after passing through the portal in the City Of Hope. Phantasms worked, but clones did not appear. Ether Feast did not seem to ever heal me. Also, when downed, after using skill 2, skill 4 does not help resurrect you, you make no progress on healing.

Posted by: Guerrilla Radio.5947

Guerrilla Radio.5947

Hi!

Im using the Mac client.

It keeps crashing on me especially when i go to a populated area like Lion’s arch. Even when I have my model limit set to the lowest.

It used to crash alot when Silverwastes was released but it didn’t crash as much a few months after. Now that HoT is out I am crashing a lot more so than previously.

Pretty sure its a mac issue as my friends on their windows os don’t experience the crashing like i do.

It is very frustrating cos I bought this game cos i was told it was playable on mac but my game crashes every 15min especially in the middle of world events and When I come back online I am on a different megaserver and out of the event.

Im using a :
Mac Book Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
OSX Yosemite version 10.10.5

Processor : 2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory : 8GB 1600 MHZ DDR3
Graphics : Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

:(
Do let me know if I can assist in anyway to get this fixed.

Posted by: Varagus.6078

Varagus.6078

I can’t add to the guild hall treasury or anything else. When i talk to any of the npc’s that allow you to add items to promote things (like the mine, not sure what they are called). It loads very slow and when it does I can not scroll down and i can not add items. Permissions are set to allow me to do this. I’m on a mac not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Posted by: Cowa.3421

Cowa.3421

Hello

Personal story – Buried Insight is currently bugged cannot progress.

Tamini stucking at console and cannot open asura gate.
It was probably the cause when hak drone disappears if you use too many stunts on them.

Atleast Cleaing House achive is not bugged.

Attachments:

(edited by Cowa.3421)

Posted by: DarkAgezz.7159

DarkAgezz.7159

i’ve probably crashed around 50-100 times today just going to give it a rest hopefully it will get fix by this or next week. I got to level my guardian to lvl 9 for about 1 hour with only 2-4 crashes then the non stop crashing started to happen again. So gl arena net.

Posted by: Nevermore.5487

Nevermore.5487

Why did I lose ~20-30 AP since update?

Posted by: Dimitris.3195

Dimitris.3195

Started the HoT story yesterday and did the Prologue and Torn from the sky and while the cutscenes for me proced normally in the cutscene in the prologue I could hear nothing, not even music, and in the cutscene with Rytlock the only things I could hear were only the music and Rytlock’s voice, nothing else, not sound effects or anything. It might be of note that I was using a USB headset.

Posted by: UnfairOphelia.9763

UnfairOphelia.9763

During Torn from the Sky, I chose to fortify the encampment instead of leading a rescue mission. I was able to progress through to interacting with the Sylvari soldier, but was unable to find any wreckage to interact with on the top of the hill where the green circle was. I went to the nearby destroyed airship, saw the golem, and heard NPC dialogue about it, but was unable to go any further in my story.

Scribe and Executive Officer of Sognatori di Tramonto [DRMS] on Fort Aspenwood.
A proud altaholic and cartographer.

Posted by: catnip.7903

catnip.7903

Daredevil dodge trait “resets” when changing zone, traveling. Trait stays selected, byt dodge acts like “the old one” clicking the trait fixes the issue until next map travel.

What lies in the furthest reaches of the sky?
That which will guide the lost child back to her mother’s arms: Exile.

Posted by: Daralii.8940

Daralii.8940

Echoing people that haven’t been able to talk to Scout Acan during In Their Footsteps. Someone whispered me saying that changing maps can fix it, but I haven’t had any luck.

Posted by: tracergeek.2318

tracergeek.2318

Like others, a chest from a dynamic event in Auric Basin crashes client to desktop. I’ve tried to open it in numerous locations with an immediate crash to desktop. The chest is blue.

Posted by: bearebel.1867

bearebel.1867

I have one chest that was rewarded to me and when I try to open it my whole game will crash. Just wanted to give you guys the heads up. Thanks.

Posted by: ZiemnyJoker.1763

ZiemnyJoker.1763

Maybe it’s a basic stuff but I’m looking for help everywhere. I can’t access my toons. After I log into my acount I land on the menu where I’m supposed to choose with who am I going to play. No matter which character icon I double click, the game logs me in, I spawn in the zone and bum! then the game crashes and kicks me out of the game. It happens every time since yesterdays’ patch downloaded…. Does anybody else experienced this? CAn anyone help me?

Posted by: Havelock Ventari.5481

Havelock Ventari.5481

I have two pending reward chests from Verdant Brink (one green, one blue) that I cannot open. If I try to open one of these chests, the client crashes instantly.

Posted by: razvitim.5248

razvitim.5248

Please post your reports of issues with HoT in this thread. That will allow our teams to review your reports and deal with them as promptly at possible.

“A disk-i/o error has occurred! Guild Wars 2 will now terminate.”. I was able to play the game yesterday, but now i can’t download the new files. It shows me this error over and over again.

Posted by: Carlock.9834

Carlock.9834

hi, I have 2 bugs currently affecting me:
1: I trained all the druid stuff on my ranger, didnt get the chest with the staff
2: I created the revenant, used tomes to get it to 80, trained all the trait lines, and didnt get a single chest for the armor