Cannot Dye OoW-Armor [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: scanz.4536

scanz.4536

Ah is this fixed for everyone now? My character wasn’t looking so pretty last night with the horrible red colour

Posted by: Seven.4758

Seven.4758

I’m not sure if this was intentional or not, but there used to be three dye options on the Whisper’s Boots on male characters. One for the straps, one for the main part of the boot, and one for the dagger on the side of the boot. The coloring option for the dagger on the boot is not there anymore, though on my female character it is still there. I noticed one day that the dagger on my boot was bright red, and I went to try to change it, and that’s when I realized the option was gone. I’ve tried everything to get rid of that bright red color. I salvaged the boots, and bought new ones. Tried sending the boots from my female character to my male character to see if the color would stick from my female character. I tried just dying the whole boot black. Removing the dye. Nothing. It wouldn’t bother me if the color was stuck black or something, but this is just sticking out like a sore thumb.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: imaginary.6241

imaginary.6241

Since the patch my Whisper’s Leggings have a bright red leather belt and strap that doesn’t change no matter how I color it (guild members preview reports the same).

Skin has been transmuted if that makes a matter.

Edit: Sorry, didn’t see the question mark, and can’t remove it. It ’s a bug report and not a question.

Klakk Bumm. One of the Leaders of TxS, the European Tequatl Slayer Alliance.
Click to apply for Daily EU Tequatl Kills here
My Guides: xPvP Mighty Stealth Bomber

(edited by imaginary.6241)

Posted by: Tycho.9432

Tycho.9432

Same with Whisper’s coat on my Sylvari. I think it’s the same bug that came with the March update. The coat has lost it’s 4th dye slot option, so is stuck with the default bright red.

Posted by: Eggers.5608

Eggers.5608

This is a bug in the game they some how mess up all the time. It is happened to my main’s Whispering Leggings as well that that the third color option has been removed, make what once was silver and ugly bright red. This is the second time this bug has happened in the game, and it always happens with an update. Please fix this Arena Net.

Posted by: Samhaim.8956

Samhaim.8956

Same with whispers medium boots.

Samhaiim ~ Thief

Posted by: Cris Croix.2370

Cris Croix.2370

And with the Coat. I find this to be incredibly annoying and it makes me want to just strip off the chest piece for good =(

Posted by: Liege.3140

Liege.3140

My thief is not amused to suddenly look like an x-mas tree. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

Posted by: PetboyJoshua.3108

PetboyJoshua.3108

I didn’t see there was already a thread for that. :’p ( https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Issues-with-Order-of-Whisper-Armors/first#post2283343 )

So… same problem for me, but with the armor.

Please put back the 4th slot for the color on the Order of Whispers armor, or put a color that’s more discreet than that horrible red on it. It’s actually quite hard to make clothing look good with flashy colors like this.

Attachments:

Posted by: xEpicOdysseYx.4263

xEpicOdysseYx.4263

OK im not going crazy. Yea my medium transmutated whisper leggings and boots have the same issue

Posted by: Ithilai.5142

Ithilai.5142

Having the same issue. Posted a separate topic, as I sadly didn’t go through all the posts in bugs. Adding it here if anyone/ANet people want to look: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Whispers-Boots-daggers-now-red/first#post2285343

Posted by: SerialKiler.3510

SerialKiler.3510

Yeah I got the same problem this morning. I transmuted the whispers leggings and boots and was able to color the dagger part. Logged on this morning after patch it was uncolorable and was bright red. trying to find a replacement but these look to cool…fix it ANET!!!!!

Posted by: Naleth.6214

Naleth.6214

I had the same problem when I logged in today and I have not changed my armor in months. Please fix if you guys could, thanks

Eggers.5608

There was just a new build put in, and you still haven’t fixed the armor bug Arena Net. Please fix this.

Posted by: Vegadonis.9154

Vegadonis.9154

Yes please fix this.

PetboyJoshua.3108

I just checked the boots, apparently I’m having the problem with those too.

Eggers.5608

This is has now become my medium Whisper pants and boots that have lost a color slot and become this, ugly read.

Ithilai.5142

Bump

Waves at an ANet rep

Posted by: Thorquist.8126

Thorquist.8126

It happened once before. I guess ANet likes to repeat their mistakes :P

Ithilai.5142

Clearly.

Which is why I was hoping they would catch this (considering the half a dozen posts about it) and fix it quickly. They’ll certainly know how by now.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Clearly.

Which is why I was hoping they would catch this (considering the half a dozen posts about it) and fix it quickly. They’ll certainly know how by now.

First off all, It is against the forum rules to bump.

I know this bug is bugging you and I understand it is a big inconvinience. But please also understand that the devs can’t make changes without bring out a new build. I certainly dont want to push all people out of game and reset the WvW matches, cause a few people have a graphical issue with a certain armorset.

Also understand that it is not everyone using the armor set. I have the set and I don’t have this issue. But even if I had I certainly didn’t want them to make a hotfix just for this. Do you really want everyone to be kicked out of the game and all WvW matches be reset for this small inconvenience to be fixed??

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Stress.2436

Stress.2436

Mercury i dont care mate about your wvw i want the bug to be fix fast everyone wants this

Ithilai.5142

It’s a game bug, so yes, I think it should be immediately included with the hotfixes they did last night, for instance. If it was a WvW fix you’d want it right away. I’m a roleplayer, this actually really bothers me.

Was unaware that bumping was against the rules, I do apologize for that.

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

The Whispers boots are also bugged right now, although it seems to only affect Asura. It’s been bugged for the previous two patches.

Ithilai.5142

No, it’s bugged for me too (human).

Posted by: Casimir.8329

Casimir.8329

It seems that this issue has occurred once more with the patch just a day ago. The third dye on the order of whispers pants and boots (assuming the same issue is happening with the chest and shoulders) has vanished, leaving the much-disliked bright red.

Posted by: Lantern.9687

Lantern.9687

Happens on all the whisper stuff now. diffidently a bug.

Lantern.9687

Happening to me as well. Coat wont let me dye over the red. Arm and hood seem to be fine.

Attachments:

Posted by: Seven.4758

Seven.4758

Thank you for the reports, everyone! We’re looking into this issue now.

Thank you.

People are saying it was just fixed in a new build? I didn’t get a new build yet. Is this something that’s done one server at a time I’m guessing?

Aaaaaand I just realized that this topic was merged from something 3 months ago?

(edited by Seven.4758)

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

bugged on a human male medium boot too

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

Posted by: thinkfast.8371

thinkfast.8371

Its not racial, its gender based.. female OoW is fine from what ive heard its just the male ones having problems. As well as problems like NOT BEING ABLE TO LEVEL.. or dolyaks not walking to smc and other things..

Lantern.9687

Slyvari Male here. My coat is bugged. Boots are too.

Picture to help.

Attachments:

Eggers.5608

Any ETA on when this might be fix the bug has been going on for over a day now?

Posted by: Blix.7164

Blix.7164

Obviously same issue here. Just wanted to add my 2 cents. Very annoying.

Lantern.9687

Yeah, no response yet. Also, why is this merged with something from 3 months ago. It happened again, separate incident. 3 months ago- fixed, this one- not fixed.

Posted by: KDC.2498

KDC.2498

I just patched mine and I was in pvp. When I took the portal to LA, I saw the red replaceable dye on my coat. I ended on this forum. I just wanted to inform anet or someone. I also asked in LA and I wasn’t the only one with this bug. Please fix this. Thanks in advance!

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Mercury i dont care mate about your wvw i want the bug to be fix fast everyone wants this

I leave judging you on to others and just want to state the fact that the last time I have been in World versus World was in March. And I never have been an active WvW players. But I do care bout all players and not just myself.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: thinkfast.8371

thinkfast.8371

day 2 almost day 3, of the new patch nothing is fixed.. certain camp yaks still wont go to smc, OoW is still undyeable, and since the latest build it seems like certain thief skills (the stealth heal) and (blinding powder) atleast for me seem to insta drop me into the exposed debuff thing about 1 sec into the stealth..

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Hey guys, please note that those saying it got fixed in the new build are referring to a build from March 26, this dye bug has reoccurred with the Sky Pirates patch…

Bug is still live.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Same here. Medium Whisper boots are missing 3rd colour option. Now coloured red.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Posted by: Sheva.8347

Sheva.8347

I have the same problem after the patch of sky pirates please let solve the bug : (

Attachments:

Lantern.9687

Did anyone get any notification on the bugs the patch caused. Seemed like quite a few and were still in the dark.

PetboyJoshua.3108

This thread is actually quite old, the issue was resolved back then, but it reappeared with the last update.
Another thread for the recent issue has been made, can you please post there if you’re having the same problem ?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Whisper-s-Legging-now-with-bright-red

Posted by: Jeremiah Lee.2764

Previous

Jeremiah Lee.2764

Live Response QA

Next

This will be looked at. Thank you for posting!

Posted by: Jeremiah Lee.2764

Previous

Jeremiah Lee.2764

Live Response QA

Next

Is this for Light, Medium, and Heavy armor? Has the armor been transmuted?
I see this only on Med chest, leg, and foot armor. PvP as well. This the case?

Thank you!

(edited by Jeremiah Lee.2764)

PetboyJoshua.3108

Posted by: casey.1546

casey.1546

Previewed using PVP locker. (so take with a grain of salt)
Light: possibly boots.
Medium: coat, pants, and boots. (confirmed)
Heavy : seems fine

Eggers.5608

Okay this is now the third day of this bug and two updates and it still hasn’t been fixed. With this bug my Order of Whisper medium pants and boots lost a dye slot they are three before and now have two. This results in what was in the dye slot going from a the silver I had it has to a bright red. I am somewhat disappointed that within three days and two new builds since the patch this hasn’t been corrected. Please fix this.

Posted by: Vegadonis.9154

Vegadonis.9154

Thanks Jeremiah.

Posted by: FireCrescent.6512

FireCrescent.6512

So this is a thing that is happening to me as well on my medium OoW armor of which only the pants have been transmuted. The rest is as-is as bought from merchant. :/

Attachments:

‘10 easy steps to slowly choking your MMO to death’ by the Anet Devs