Cannot Dye OoW-Armor [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: AXEL.8362

AXEL.8362

ANET, WTF? I know its not a mayor bug but last time it was fixed in 2 days. How much was it now? 30 days and still counting?

Posted by: Turbo Whale.1738

Turbo Whale.1738

I also have a similar problem with the heavy nightmare dungeon armor on my sylvari.

Attachments:

Posted by: Girion.5483

Girion.5483

@Turbo Whale: You mean the slightly blueish glow on the shoulders? I think it’s intended that way. A lot of armor pieces, especially the planty sylvari ones, have spots with fixed colors that cannot be dyed. Since those spots are usually less noticable, I didn’t mind much, but the bug on the Whispers armor set is just too predominant to be ignored.

At this point I think it may take another month or two before anything is done about this. I just hope that when they finally care to address this bug, they also think of some form of compensation for those players who had their styles ruined for such a long time. A simple “There ya go, it’s fixed now” after 2 or more months, won’t do, imo. That’s certainly not too big an issue and would mend some of the continued frustration.

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

bumping. this still hasn’t been fixed.

Posted by: xEpicOdysseYx.4263

xEpicOdysseYx.4263

Truly a huge bummer that this is still going on :/

Posted by: Viktrus.7652

Viktrus.7652

Bump. Any updates on this? Support said they could not offer replacement armor when i asked. Does anyone know a workaround to this issue (ie re-buying armor) or are we stuck with the red? (besides replacing said pieces)

Posted by: entropyblade.5682

entropyblade.5682

=/ how hard can it be for their live response team to at least acknowledge that they’re still looking at this bug or that they’ve put it aside because other bugs have a higher priority…. do they not have 1 min where they could post a quick msg like that…? can’t they just leave a msg like “this bug is being put on hold to fix more important bugs” or “be patient we’re still working on this because it’s a bigger problem than we thought” because there’s signs that maybe this bug is worse than the previous one… since some people have said other armour sets have been affected…

are we supposed to believe that in the past month, there wasn’t one person on the dev team that could find some time to post on this topic…? especially when this topic is pretty much always on the first page… and if that’s the case, they should really consider hiring more people… i don’t really feel like the live response team on this forum has a big enough presence…. and don’t really care about keeping the community updated with bug fixing progress… mostly feels like the live response team here just went MIA

if they don’t handle pre-existing bugs, then with this new content every 2 weeks, the new bugs + old bugs will just pile up… sure you can fix all the major bugs, but if you never get around to fixing all the small ones, it’ll still be a big annoyance in the game…

i’m getting the feeling Anet would rather have quantity than quality content… and i’m not sure how i feel about that mindset… it’s really hard to have both quantity and quality… if i could, i’d try fixing this bug myself, but i doubt Anet would ever let the community do any debugging…

Anyway rant over

(edited by entropyblade.5682)

Posted by: Ace.6728

Ace.6728

This is still an issue. Fix this please. I just bought another chest piece in hopes that it would fix the issue, and it was still bugged, so I just wasted 2g. Attached is a screen of everything dyed Abyss, yet I have that stupid bright red accent. If this was supposed to be addressed 4 months ago, then it wasn’t fixed properly. Take care of it this time please.

Attachments:

Posted by: Spooky.7052

Spooky.7052

Human male.
Masquerade armor set.
Permanently pink doily on the front of the shirt.
Please fix these dye issues Anet, it’s a huge part of your game and you seem to be completely ignoring how your players feel. It may be excusable for a free to play game, but GW2 is not one, so please don’t act like it.

Posted by: Shadowborn.3529

Shadowborn.3529

This is still an issue. Fix this please. I just bought another chest piece in hopes that it would fix the issue, and it was still bugged, so I just wasted 2g. Attached is a screen of everything dyed Abyss, yet I have that stupid bright red accent. If this was supposed to be addressed 4 months ago, then it wasn’t fixed properly. Take care of it this time please.

You could of saved 2g if you read posts before!!! I already have tried this and it didnt work and i posted to others to save their gold. Nevermind perhaps now with several people doing it others will now understand it dont work trying to replace the item of armor for another new part.

And i really cant believe how long this has gone on for?!?!?!?! its crazy for them not to of answered this thread or told us in some way the progress of this very annoying bug!

Com’on Dev’s give us some info on this! Its long past due.

Posted by: Bevillian.1260

Bevillian.1260

Please fix this.

Guild Wars 2 Needs Hall of Heroes

Shadowborn.3529

I still have seen nothing in the pipeline or as a report on this matter, please reply to us and tell us what the situation is on this bug

Girion.5483

Eggers, I reported both of your last posts due to offensive language.
While we’re probably all frustrated about this bug, there’s no use to post insults like that. They won’t get you anywhere and I really hope you refrain from doing so in the future.

By now it’s more than obvious that ArenaNet’s bug fixing teams are occupied elsewhere and don’t regard dye bugs on armor pieces as something in need for an immediate fix. While it’s totally fine to maintain awareness of this bug, please calm down and refrain from posting insults. This just reflects poorly on the community.

Since there’s no reason to believe that this will be fixed anytime soon, I highly recommend that you look for different armor pieces that would suit your style as well.

I for one am affected by this bug as well, for I’m using the OoW chest piece on my Ranger, but I’m fortunate enough that the red in combination with midnight fire dye looks somewhat acceptable and I can live with it as a temporary solution. I too would like to be able to try different color shemes, but there’s not much we can do about it instead of being patient and reporting this bug in an appropriate manner.

Posted by: Plaguedispenser.6071

Plaguedispenser.6071

Can we please get any kind of timeline on this? I have the same problem on my male sylvari with the accents of the chest piece stuck bright red. Surely the next patch will fix it I thought. Waited I have, nearly a month as others have said, and still no answer.

Posted by: Lamelas.6587

Lamelas.6587

Same for me. Sent a ticket to support and this was their response:
“Thank you for contacting the Guild Wars 2 Support Team.

In regards to the issue affecting your dyes, we would like to let you know that our Development Team is already looking into the issue. We cannot give you a time frame for this issue to be resolved, but we encourage you to keep an eye on our forums to know when a fix is finally deployed https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum .

In the meantime, we will really appreciate your patience and understanding on the matter.

Regards,

GM Vagrant
Guild Wars 2 Support Team"

Guess we’ll have to wait…

Attachments:

Posted by: Ace.6728

Ace.6728

You say you’re looking into this, but the last problem like this took two days to fix. This one has lasted almost if not over a month now. If the last problem was solved in two days, then what is the issue here? There are more major updates coming, and that’s great and all, but no one is going to want to play if you don’t address the “minor” bugs that aren’t so minor to us. I’ll gladly wait a week or two for new content if you just fix the kitten that matters to the players most.

Posted by: Bevillian.1260

Bevillian.1260

Bumping this thread.

Guild Wars 2 Needs Hall of Heroes

Shadowborn.3529

Would be good to hear an offical report on this bug and what the effecting issues are on why this is taking so long. We just want answers and not to be ignored. Thanks

Posted by: Liege.3140

Liege.3140

Bumping the thread. Little info if you could guys? Very frustrating. Finding other armor is a poor solution since that means when it /is/ finally fixed, you’ll just have to go buy the whispers armor again if your stats get transmuted to a new piece. Insult to injury really.

Posted by: Lantern.9687

Lantern.9687

Still hasnt been fixed? What a shame. I stopped playing more or less.

Posted by: Sane.1356

Sane.1356

How about we all make separate threads for this bug to make sure they haven’t overlooked this bug andjust assumed this is the old bug which they fixed when it first came out?

Still bugged. Love gw2 but their quality control is increasingly bad.

Shadowborn.3529

COME’ON New update (Aug 6th) and still no patch fix!!!!!! What’s going on?? and a few more ???? Seriously this should be sorted in this update if not your really letting your community down pumping out new content without fixing the old.

Way to long now, this needs fixing and should be on the top on the list of cosmetic bugs. IF not these bugs in the new content will overight the old ones and things will never get fixed!!!!

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

how is this still not fixed
it’s a godkitten dye bug

Posted by: Eggers.5608

Eggers.5608

Over a month now a new update and this bug is still in the game, I don’t if you are all stupid or just lazy, but this bug needs fixed now. You need to create a team for bug fixes, and stop putting out new content if you can’t keep up with fixing the bugs created by it. Ever since the two week updates have started the bugs have gotten worst and ignored more and more. Fix this bug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone who has posted on this form about the bug please go create a support ticket about it also and resubmit the ticket once every week.

(edited by Eggers.5608)

Posted by: Sane.1356

Sane.1356

Bump.

ANet, for an apparently triple A mmo this QC and customer service is embarrassing.

Posted by: Gabo.4793

Gabo.4793

I can’t believe Anet has overlooked this bug entirely, it has been too long since this issue occurred and at least 2 major patches without a fix. It’s so annoying that they dont fix cosmetic issues when the game revolves around skins.

There is not even 1 answer so far from a Anet Rep. Come on people, this same issue was fixed the same day it happened on a major patch. What is going on?

Posted by: Corodar.5137

Corodar.5137

Does any1 posted a ticket and receive reply? This is really annoying witch such bug.

Posted by: Xaklok.2390

Xaklok.2390

Didnt post here earlier because I hoped they would fix it (=red colour bug, male human, OoW med armour, pants+boots) with the last patch but well ..

Bump!

[XAK] Xyrophobe Archäologen Krytas
Dzagonur

Posted by: ConorT.5396

ConorT.5396

Can we please get this bug fixed, its causing me a massive issue when customising my character and i can see this is 4 months old now? I’m glad i am not the only person suffering from this bug because that means one day it might actually get fixed!

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

Why hasn’t this been fixed? It’s been FOUR MONTHS with no real response?

Isn’t it just as simple as reverting it to the old palate? I don’t understand. This is ridiculous.

noice

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

Ugh, My OoW boots still have bright red daggers.

Please lets get this fixed!

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

Shadowborn.3529

WOW what a surprise still not fixed!!!!! Getting so tired logging into to this game to see yet that my OOW armor is still bugged and stuck on the “red” dye, missing the third options on my armor dye options. Fair enough a month, but 4 Month’s now without a hint of whats happening. Is there not anyone in the department thats their job to fix this bug. They created the template to make the dye system and armor work together so there must be someone who’s fault it is to correct it! And if so it’s their job is to inform the moderators of the current situation. PLEASE FOR GOD’S SAKE get someone to release some information on this. To many people are being effected for this to be overlooked and swept under the carpet.

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

It seems this bug is not gunna change at this rate. Everybody who does not like bright red time to find a new armor set….. =[

Shadowborn.3529

It seems this bug is not gunna change at this rate. Everybody who does not like bright red time to find a new armor set….. =[

Agree’d going to have to shed out 33g for boots and leggings now to complete my armor of the assassins set as nothing now goes right with what i have already. Cheers ANet for robbing me out of 33g that was’nt needing to be spent. You really should be looking into compensating the players thats had this problem with something as i feel this has been the perfect example of how “NOT” to mess with your customer base that’s invested time and money into a game. Shame on you!

Posted by: Steel Courage.1250

Steel Courage.1250

Hey guys its going to be fixed it has been reached to the developers team after months of back to back emails so dont worry they can’t sya i time frame yet but it might be fixed in next patch so dont worry

[MAD] Malicious And Dangerous-Maguma

Steel Courage.1250

Agree’d going to have to shed out 33g for boots and leggings now to complete my armor of the assassins set as nothing now goes right with what i have already. Cheers ANet for robbing me out of 33g that was’nt needing to be spent. You really should be looking into compensating the players thats had this problem with something as i feel this has been the perfect example of how “NOT” to mess with your customer base that’s invested time and money into a game. Shame on you!

Its going to be fixed

Posted by: Lantern.9687

Lantern.9687

Hey guys its going to be fixed it has been reached to the developers team after months of back to back emails so dont worry they can’t sya i time frame yet but it might be fixed in next patch so dont worry

I Kinda doubt this. They havent even given official word, and its been well known for over a month. I for one will keep bumping this up there to make sure were not forgotten, til I actually see the change.

Which as of 8/13/13 has not been done.

Posted by: Astado.8654

Astado.8654

Bumped!!

Wrote endless Tickets since the beginning of this bug and never got any answer or sth! FIX IT cant be that hard!

Posted by: Eggers.5608

Eggers.5608

Over a month now a new update and this bug is still in the game, I don’t if you are all stupid or just lazy, but this bug needs fixed now. You need to create a team for bug fixes, and stop putting out new content if you can’t keep up with fixing the bugs created by it. Ever since the two week updates have started the bugs have gotten worst and ignored more and more. Fix this bug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone who has posted on this form about the bug please go create a support ticket about it also and resubmit the ticket once every week.

Steel Courage.1250

I Kinda doubt this. They havent even given official word, and its been well known for over a month. I for one will keep bumping this up there to make sure were not forgotten, til I actually see the change.

Which as of 8/13/13 has not been done.

No i got an email saying it has been touched down to the developers team(i have dealt with them for 2 months giving the support team e-mails and they say it will be fixed but there is no time frame) but its going to be fixed

Steel Courage.1250

Bumped!!

Wrote endless Tickets since the beginning of this bug and never got any answer or sth! FIX IT cant be that hard!

They are dealing with it i have already bugged them about it

Steel Courage.1250

IT’S GOING TO BE FIXED ALL DON’T WORRY i have already told them many times to fix it it will be fixed if email part needs proof it will be provided

Girion.5483

I don’t think it’s ever been a question of the “If”, but of the “When”.
Of course they told you it’s going to be fixed, but that might as well be next year. (exaggerating this a bit, but you get what I’m saying)

Posted by: CaboSoul.1204

CaboSoul.1204

Ugh, when will they fix it. I want to wear this armor again. Is it cuz it’s armor you guys aren’t bothering fixing it? Cuz from what I can tell you guys don’t give a crap when it’s comes to armor.

Posted by: Luigi.1584

Luigi.1584

I can’t change color of details in my armor. As you can see in attached screenshot, my whole armor is painted in Abyss, but there are red details!
I used this red dye for a long time, but now i wanted change it to another, but I cant.
I tried reequiping the armor, remove every single dye, restart the game, change graphic settings. Nothing helped.
Any ideas how to fix this ?

First screenshot is with full abyss, second with “removed” dyes.

Attachments:

Posted by: Incendia.6725

Incendia.6725

Yup. Glad I’m not the only one. Exact same thing happened to me.

Posted by: Luigi.1584

Luigi.1584

And of course noone know how to fix this

Yup. Glad I’m not the only one. Exact same thing happened to me.

On the armor of whispers too ?

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

This issue has come about several times since the game released, but they had quickly fixed it at those times. It recently popped up again, though this time they have not even acknowledged it as having returned and it has gone unfixed for well over a month now. It may eventually be fixed, but with them not communicating to us that they are, indeed, fixing it, or even that they are aware of the bug having been reintroduced, we can only hope that one day (preferably before the end of the year) they will get around to fixing it again.

Primary Merged Report Thread

Also noted under ‘Graphical’ bugs in my Tracker – Living Story/Game Update Bugs thread.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Girion.5483

bumping for awareness.

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

We are tracking this issue. Thanks for the reports, all!