Cannot Dye Transmuted Armor [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Tyr.2489

Tyr.2489

Same problem with “Sky” rare dye. I cannot dye my t3 cultural (human) heavy armor. every time i go to dye the tunic portion of it the dye remover is what i get…

Posted by: rubmywontons.3972

rubmywontons.3972

Hi, y’all. Recently discovered a dye bug not allowing me to apply certain dye (midnight fire, in particular) to certain armor pieces. When this happens is inconsistent and reverts the color to “Dye Remover”. Moreover, when I un-equip the item the game crashes.

Anyone else experienced this?

rubmywontons.3972

Yeah, mine seems to be fine for the moment. I imagine it’s gonna happen again as it happens every now and then. This bug should should hopefully be resolved in the future

Posted by: Oroborous.2694

Oroborous.2694

UPDATE: I swapped out Superior Rune of the Undead for the Major Rune of Mercy, and they “Dye Remover” error went away. It appears that in this case, it is the Major Rune of Mercy that is bugged.

Posted by: darkchicken.8692

darkchicken.8692

im too low for the rune of undead , i only got gems in it , im lvl 40 on my guardian.

Once i transmuted my arborist (sylvari T1) set unto another to keep my stats updated, the gem color which is usually sky (blue) now turn to dye remover. I think the fact that transmuting it break it. I had to put another blue. Its not has pretty but well .. i dont have a choice

Posted by: Glue.7824

Glue.7824

I think the poster above is correct. My armour is transmuted. Seems to be the running theme through most of these posts. Just searching this forum under dye remover it appears to not just be sky either. Have no idea how to link all the threads. Seems Anet only looks and deals with issues with large volume of replies.

Well we know what the problem is. Just how do you get Anet to actually do anything….

Posted by: Mubarizun.6435

Mubarizun.6435

My armor is also transmuted and has just started having this problem with gold dye.

rubmywontons.3972

Yeah.. same problem here. Though, when I un-equip the armor piece that didn’t dye correctly, my game crashes. Fix, please. :l

Posted by: enLight.1695

enLight.1695

I have the same problem.

I transmuted Nightmare Heavy Chest Armor with Whispering Heavy Chest Armor (from the Narthex merchant). At first, I was able to dye everything Black. Then I played around with the Starter colors. Now I cannot dye one square of my chest armor Black. Instead, it is stuck as Dye Remover. (Black works in the Hero tab, but does not save once I close it).

However, I can sucessfully dye it any of the Starter colors. It’s only Black that doesn’t work.

Fix this Anet!

Attachments:

Khazghul – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: SmiteThis.2453

SmiteThis.2453

Having similar issue. When i dye my helmet from the original “blue” color to anyother color in the menu, it shows in the preview but does not stay that color on my character. It reverts back to the original blue.

Pic 1: Original dye
Pic 2: Changed color
Pic 3: Accepted color
Pic 4: Check dye colors (Reverted back)

also on my character you can see the menu shows the color change, but the characters helmet appearance does not change at all.

Attachments:

Posted by: Toon.6083

Toon.6083

Having the same issue here when trying to dye transmuted Twilight Harbor gloves & shoes with BLACK dye in one of the three possible slots…

Posted by: Sleaks.6379

Sleaks.6379

I am also having this problem on my sylvari tier 3 armour

Posted by: Alk Trio Fan.6357

Alk Trio Fan.6357

I’m having the same issue on my transmuted Charr T3 cultural armour with the gold dye. So annoying!

Posted by: Ves.8236

Ves.8236

I have the same issue.

From the smallest blade of grass to the highest mountain, where life goes—so, too, should you.

Posted by: Sleaks.6379

Sleaks.6379

I can actually dye the armor, I just cant use certain dyes on certain parts

Posted by: Lunar.4902

Lunar.4902

I have the exact same problem with gold dye on the cultural tier 3 Charr armor. Strange thing is that it works on the chest piece for me and not on the other parts like the shoulders and hands.

Posted by: Buk Lau.5178

Buk Lau.5178

Happend to me too I resorted to using midday dye its pretty much the same lol. I hear other people having same problem but not just with sky dye.

Guardian – [CERN] Sir Liam Neeson
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Confirmed cannot use ‘Sky’ dye on human t3 heavy armor. And, I tried it again without luck after the Wintersday patch. Sad, as it is the one color that I’m going after—nothing else seems to work, but I’ll look for the midday that was mentioned in the thread, thanks.

Posted by: Wren.9068

Wren.9068

I just bought the tier 3 Charr heavy helmet (Dreadnought) and am having the same bug when the gold dye is applied in the first option (opposite coloring scheme of the screenshots). It will default to a gray dye upon closing the window. This does not happen with other dyes such as iron, pitch, brick, and abyss.

Posted by: Broken.8465

Broken.8465

I am having the same issue. I transmuted some exotic nightmare heavy armor. Now when I try to add black dye to it, it becomes “dye remover” when the window is closed. All other colors work.

Posted by: Bloodylies.1529

Bloodylies.1529

hi,i bought tier 3 human cultural armor and tried to make the colors look like the ones in character creation for elementalists ,i bought all the dyes i needed but once i am done dying it changes to dyes i didn’t choose(after closing the dying window)
the dyes i choose
http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/11783533/img/Anonymous/Capture-008.jpg
and it changed to this
http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/11783535/img/Anonymous/Capture-009.jpg

(edited by Bloodylies.1529)

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Is it transmuted…?

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Bloodylies.1529

yes,all the parts are transmuted

(edited by Bloodylies.1529)

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

That’s the problem. Cultural armor of all sorts have these problems with dyes after having been Transmuted to get the stats of another item, and keeping the appearance of the cultural.

Had one set of Norn Heavy T3 that just wouldn’t accept the “Ash” dye. It would take any other shade of gray, but when you used “Ash” on it, it would revert to some blood red dye when you saved it.

I don’t know why…

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Bloodylies.1529

That’s the problem. Cultural armor of all sorts have these problems with dyes after having been Transmuted to get the stats of another item, and keeping the appearance of the cultural.

Had one set of Norn Heavy T3 that just wouldn’t accept the “Ash” dye. It would take any other shade of gray, but when you used “Ash” on it, it would revert to some blood red dye when you saved it.

I don’t know why…

it is a bug then;( ,doesn’t seem like a complicated bug so they ll fix it quickly,hopefully

Bloodylies.1529

just bought the fifth part and tested what Oglaf said,i was able to choose default dye for cultural tier 3 human armor before transmuting ,and tried the default dye after transmuting and it didn’t work,it changed to default dye of my exotic part

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

Ewww…Well this is good to know before I spend gold on T3 lol, hopefully we can get a dev response on this, and everyone should report this issue.

Posted by: gaelicvixen.6401

gaelicvixen.6401

3 months later, and it still crashes when you use the “Remove Dye” option…

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

3 months later, and it still crashes when you use the “Remove Dye” option…

I see no problem. Be specific if you still having this problem.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

Posted by: Darkheart.7436

Darkheart.7436

Whenever I use black dye, it changes the dye color but then when I exit the hero screen it turns into “dye remover” on my hero.

Anyone else have this issue?

I can’t find anything related to this happening?

Darkheart.7436

Or better yet, would anyone know where I could move this thread to help in fixing this bug?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

you might try the bug issue forum =)

Darkheart.7436

When trying to dye my pants black, they turn to “Dye Remover” color upon hero screen exit every time.

I have tried selecting black as a favorite color, selecting black from a palette of colors, dying black on other pieces of armor (it wasn’t working on my chest for a while too but randomly fixed), logging out and in, re-equipping my leg armor, dying my legs a different color and then black, but none of it fixes the issue.

Could I get help in resolving this issue for my legs not being able to be dyed black?

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Same issue. Medium 42k gloves on Female Charr. Except I use Pottery dye instead.

I also crash if I do some unequip-reequip stuff.

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

have you tried clicking the toggle dye mode button after adding it, then exiting the hero screen? I found this helps with the dye bug.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

Whenever I use black dye, it changes the dye color but then when I exit the hero screen it turns into “dye remover” on my hero.

Anyone else have this issue?

I can’t find anything related to this happening?

Is the item you’re dying transmuted?

Stuff goes here.

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

Like I suggested in your other thread, add the dye, then hit the toggle dye panel button and then exist the hero screen. See if it works that way.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

Darkheart.7436

Weird, mine doesn’t crash.

Black dye only for you too?

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

Thread moved to the Game Bugs subforum.
Thanks for pointing that out

Kravick.4906

I asked this in the other thread. Did you transmute your armor?

Stuff goes here.

Darkheart.7436

Transmuted my armor a LONG time ago, but yeah I did.

Weeks ago I did.

Kravick.4906

This is why this is happening: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Cannot-Dye-Coat-Removing-crashes-game/first#post1084614

TLDR: This has been a bug since beta. This bug only affects transmuted armor. You cannot use the default colors of the visible armor set (remove dye) or it reverts to the default colors (remove dye of that item) of the armor that was transmuted (stats) into your visible armor. If you unequip the item while the reverted colors are showing, your game will crash.

Stuff goes here.

(edited by Kravick.4906)

Posted by: Masterj.4578

Masterj.4578

I am having this bug also. I have the gold paint and earthern for the dreadnought on my character but when I use any of the “default” colors it goes to a dye remover color.

All of the armor is trasmuted. Please fix this, dreadnought is real expensive and I just want to paint it gold again like before it got (quickly) transmuted to better stats.

Attachments:

(edited by Masterj.4578)

Darkheart.7436

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Black-dye-no-longer-working-on-my-pants/first#post1127009

Same exact issue, and I made my topic just today but didn’t realize this was an ongoing thing.

Has ANYONE found a way to fix this at all? Do you re-transmute or what? Because that would be pretty expensive for some of us.

Edit: And now it’s happening to every piece of my armor. Cool.

(edited by Darkheart.7436)

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

same issue – Svanir chestguard of earth, transmuted to orr temple stats, Beige dye won’t stay on -_-

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

Posted by: Wretchedscar.4796

Wretchedscar.4796

I too am having this issue, with both Charr (Heavy) and Asura (medium) Tiers.

It seems to be specific colors related to what color they were ‘originally’ intended to be, or mebbe not. Example: Char T3 healm will not accept Ebony for the main part or gold for the cheeks.

Posted by: Lord Outer.1730

Lord Outer.1730

I too am having this issue, with Charr T3 Heavy Helm, after transmuted it with another exotic helm.

Char T3 healm will not accept Ebony for the main part, it accept all other colors so far except Ebony, Ebony dye just won’t stay on. Sad panda here …

Guys, can you fix this please, I like the Ebony color on my helm, and got broke after transmuted it.

Thanks

(edited by Lord Outer.1730)

Posted by: Caduceus.3241

Caduceus.3241

I’m wanting to change the dye on my boots, but every time I do nothing changes. Then, when I unequip the armor piece I just tried to dye, my game crashes and exits back to the desktop.

Does anyone else have the same issue, or know a work-around to make it dye? I hate my shoes clashing with everything else. :<

Posted by: firebreathz.7692

firebreathz.7692

Posted by: Kman.7358

Kman.7358

Human T3 Heavy has the same issue with a few dyes. Sky will not work on any of the cloth, and Dust will not work on any of the plate. It reverts as soon as you close the hero panel.

Appeased -Team Riot [RIOT] – Blackgate
teamriot.org
twitch.tv/teamriottv