Cannot Dye Transmuted Armor [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Caduceus.3241

Caduceus.3241

It has not been transmuted. It’s level 80 exotic boots, the craftable ones using Gossamer. Moreover, I can’t dye any of my shoes on this character, not just these.

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

is this in wvw? do you have team colours enabled?

I was scratching my head yesterday as my armor already was blue, and team colour was blue, but some parts were black and my dyes wouldn’t change it. Until I realized everyone else was also in blue & black.

Posted by: crewthief.8649

crewthief.8649

Had the exact same issue earlier today. Was transmuted, Norn Cultural Armor…tried to dye, it wouldn’t stay once I left the dye UI, thought to unequip the armor and BAM…crash to desktop.

< JADE QUARRY >
Zabroshan – 80 Guardian / Sorroe – 80 Mesmer
Hands Off My Octopus

Posted by: Fatfox.4915

Fatfox.4915

Both me and a guildie have had an issue with dying shoes.

Basic light armour shoes on a charr mesmer, they crashed during dye editor and then they crash after the reboot when you try to remove them. Not in WvW colours, not transmuted, just the basic light armour you start with.

I don’t want to be stuck in rubbish shoes forever!

Posted by: Caduceus.3241

Caduceus.3241

Basic light armour shoes on a charr mesmer, they crashed during dye editor and then they crash after the reboot when you try to remove them. Not in WvW colours, not transmuted, just the basic light armour you start with.

I’m a Charr wearing Light Armor to boot! Also a mesmer! I wonder if it’s specific to Charr Mesmers.

For the record, no, it’s not in World Vs. World either.

Posted by: Alecu.4786

Alecu.4786

What happened to me was: I removed the dye once, then I used dye remover once again on the already removed dye. The armor (Tier 3 Charr Cultural armor) then turned to the dye you can see when you select the warrior class on a charr character (during the character creation you can see a Charr wearing Tier 3 Cultural armor when selecting the warrior class). At first I was very happy with it, because I loved that combo, being Gold + Ebony + Earthen, but then after I closed the dye panel, the armor turned gray again. Then I tried to replicate that dye by buying Gold dye and Earthen dye from the trading Post, applied it on my armor, but the armor remained gray after I closed the Hero Panel. Then i got a crash. Tried this a couple times and always got a crash in the end. (Also tried it on different armors as well). Thanks for your help on this topic.

Alecu.4786

When I’m trying to dye my Charr cultural armor using Gold Dye on the first field, right after I exit the hero panel it turns to Dye Remover. Second field does the same for Ebony dye, third field does the same for Earthen dye. Same happens for other armors, the ones that I’ve tried are:
T2 Charr Cultural bugs: Gray on the first field, Black on the second field. Gunmetal on the third field.
T1 Charr Cultural bugs: Dust on the first field, Silt on the second field and Sky on the third field. Not sure if there are bugs on other armors, because these are the only ones i got to test it on.
All the dyes used on the fields above just turn into dye remover right after exiting the Hero Panel, often resulting in a game crash.

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

TLDR: This has been a bug since beta. This bug only affects transmuted armor. You cannot use the default colors of the visible armor set (remove dye) or it reverts to the default colors (remove dye of that item) of the armor that was transmuted (stats) into your visible armor. If you unequip the item while the reverted colors are showing, your game will crash.

This pretty much sums up what’s going on. We’re aware of and tracking both of these issues, but unfortunately, I don’t have an estimate on when they will be fixed yet. Thank you for your patience, everyone!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Alecu.4786

Well, at least we know you’re working on it.

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

I’m having a similar problem with town-clothes. When I transfer a set from my main-char to an alt, and try to color it the new colors don’t apply. When I remove the town-clothes the game crashes. As far as I know this only happens on the alt, my main char (that one who received the set when I bought it) seems to be uneffected by this.

Posted by: SlaYer.2138

SlaYer.2138

Same here. I can’t dye my townclothes, and if I take them off, my game will just crash. I’ve recorded it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRsvrX3iGqQ&feature=youtu.be

By the way, I was wearing my winter fancy set from my another toon before I switched back to my original clothes. Moreover, it even changes my original clothes’ colors to the winter clothes’. Hopefully, this information will help.

And, I didn’t transmute anything

(edited by SlaYer.2138)

Posted by: Fatfox.4915

Fatfox.4915

I’m a Charr wearing Light Armor to boot! Also a mesmer! I wonder if it’s specific to Charr Mesmers.

For the record, no, it’s not in World Vs. World either.

It’s a really odd glitch, and it doesn’t seem to be constant either, as my guildie has managed to change the shoes and the dye now, but it still crashes mine occasionally. It could be light armour related as I think it happened on my charr necro as well. Poor charr, all they want to do is wear shoes and use magic.

Posted by: Shirts.3275

Shirts.3275

I’m having this problem when I try to dye my T3 Sylvari Medium Armor to Midnight Fire. I dye the top and then the dye switches to the dye remove right when I exit the Hero Panel. ;_;

[RIOT]Shirts
Thief/Warrior/Engineer
http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

Posted by: Akoree.9432

Akoree.9432

I’ve bought the obsidian armor set from the gem store recently and applied it to the low-level gear of my new warrior. After coming back from a WvW session I found myself unable to change the dye color of my boots anymore, like most people in this thread if I remove the item while the color is changed my game crashes.

The really frustrating part about this is that I cannot transmute the boots anymore, so my obsidian armor set is virtually a waste of my money. I doubt it will happen but I’d really like to have just the boots back. =/

Posted by: Spencer.1386

Spencer.1386

This bug still exists. Attempting to dye Nightmare armor black turns it brown. If unequipped while it is dyed back before closing the character screen causes the game to crash. I have replicated this bug and crash with 100% success rate.

Attachments:

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

Posted by: BishiDe.6925

BishiDe.6925

This is now happening to my tier 3 asura medium armor. I can’t dye my boots and gloves, also the game crashes upon removing either of them. After 6 crashes in a row I find this completely frustrating. I spent over 100 g on this armor and I’m now stuck with ugly brown gloves and boots. I am NOT going to purchase them again or replace them with some other gloves and boots and ignore this.

Edit: turns out that a few colour combinations are the reason for the crash and not being able to dye. So it’s not a big deal but I somehow got it to work and stop crashing my game.

(edited by BishiDe.6925)

Posted by: Jeahanne.5209

Jeahanne.5209

First, I’d like to apologize if there was already a topic made on this bug but I did try to search and nothing came up.

The bug I’d like to report is in the dye change menu in the Hero screen. It may very well just be a bug specific to me or maybe many others but the problem is when I try to use the color gold.

Gold dye (Masterwork) worked on every other piece of armor and all the separate parts of those pieces EXCEPT my top shoulder armor color.

In the first screenshot I included, I show the example of how I wanted the armor to look with the dye applied. After I close the window to see how it looks on my character model, the color goes from gold to Dye Remover, which is a grayish color.
It really says Dye Remover when I hover my cursor over the color example

Again, it only affects my top shoulder piece and nothing else. Other dyes work on it, just not gold.

More info:
+Shoulder armor is the Dreadnought Spaulders (Tier 3 cultural armor for Charrs)
+Username: Vanguard Styx
+World: Darkhaven

Posted by: Jeahanne.5209

Jeahanne.5209

I had this same issue that I already posted about here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Sylvari-starter-focus-causing-dye-bug/first#post1303169
(sorry I didn’t realize beforehand that this post might apply to that one >.<: )

The difference with me was that my game would only crash when I tried to unequip the item that changed itself to “Dye Remover”, and only the dye “Autumn” caused my boots to revert to the “Dye Remover” color. Every other dye worked as normal, and neither they nor closing the Hero window resulted in my game crashing to desktop.

Posted by: flyisfakesin.3462

flyisfakesin.3462

Hello everyone,

Today I purchased my tier 3 armor, and I used Fine Transmutation Stones to add some better stats, but when the transmutation was complete I tried to dye my armor Gold (uncommon dye), but all it did was turn grey. (Dye Remover skin)

this does not happen with any other dye/ other armor parts, transmuted or not.

does anyone have any experiance with similar bugs?
Ill add a picture soon if no one had this before.

Thanks for your time and apologies for my bad english.

Fly

Posted by: Jace.5913

Jace.5913

Hi guys! I have a problem. I bought a gold dye and i can’t use it in some of my gear part after i paint i show up as it should be but when i close the window it writes dye remover. What kint of bug is it, can it be fixed? I mean soon will it be?

Posted by: JNetRocks.3652

JNetRocks.3652

Don’t know if this problem is still being tracked, but I’m having the same issue.

Transmuted Ascalonian Gauntlets skin onto another previously transmuted piece.
The one dye slot is listed as “dye remover”.

If I add any color to the dye remover it previews the color fine. When I close the hero window the color doesn’t apply to the armor and reopening the dye still shows the slot listed as “dye remover”.

Had two crashes while trying to get it to work.

Posted by: Bloodylies.1529

Bloodylies.1529

still waiting for a fix;)

Posted by: Rhysati.4932

Rhysati.4932

Same issues here. Ran into this bug today. Using medium human female cultural tier 3 and medium gloves from TA. Neither of them will change dye colors to anything else. I can change them in the dye preview, but nothing happens at all.

Attempting to take the armor off crashes the game.

Posted by: Winter Fae.7108

Winter Fae.7108

I just bought the light Norn cultural tier 1 set for transmutation for my Necromancer. When I used the stones, everything went smoothly until I tried to dye the set. The color defaulted to a sickly brown and will not dye to any other color I choose. Other armor pieces and town clothes seem to dye fine. I have purchased and transmuted cultural armor before without this problem. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to fix it?

I tried closing the game out completely and logging back in. I also tried unequipping the armor and re-equipping it. Neither of these attempts made a difference.

Posted by: Onire.6542

Onire.6542

Same problem here, huge bug, right now it’s impossible for everybody to dye town clothes and you won’t be able to see your equipped head gear (/town costume) either…just made a topic about it

Posted by: Winter Fae.7108

Winter Fae.7108

I see. I just tried dying my town clothes and that worked fine. It is only the cultural that is giving me issues. It looks like the trim will dye but not the main parts. I guess we just wait for a fix

Posted by: Naioby.3705

Naioby.3705

I had a guardian, I used some dyes in his armor, transmutated armor to look cooler, normal armor (basic) transmutated into plated armor (karma masterwork from Iron Marches) and now I erased this guardian and I made a warrior, and I can wear this armor because it is account bound BUT I can’t apply a NEW dye on it (Midnight rose dye)… it still has the dye I applied with my formerly guardian (sincerity dye). I’m pretty sure it is a bug

Naioby.3705

bump please someone could check this?

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

You post is not even 6 hours long, at least give them time to get into the office and read it. Also bumping does not help your case.

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”

Naioby.3705

oh okay XD I didn’t know about that rule

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

every time i apply gold dye to the primary colour slot of my asura tier 2 heavy cultural armor and then leave the dye menu – the gold dye turns to grey dye, this only seems to happen with gold dye in the primary dye slot – i tried it with other dyes but they acted normally

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

Posted by: Darkscarr.6138

Darkscarr.6138

I just bought t3 charr armour and this is happening with my gloves and shoulders too, it’s specifically gold dye, every other dye has worked for me in the primary slot. An answer to this issue would be greatly appreciated

Posted by: General Douchington.8497

General Douchington.8497

I sent in a support ticket in a week ago regarding this, but I haven’t heard anything since then so I figured I’d just post here.

For some reason I cannot change my armor dyes, except on my chestpiece. When I make changes to the dye colors, they reset after I exit the Hero menu. Right now the colors they are defaulting to are Royal Purple, Black, and Midnight Blue. Mind you, I didn’t even HAVE these dyes when this started occuring.

This didn’t start happening, or at least I didn’t start noticing it untill I bought my sylvari light cultural shoulders and of course transmuted them, completing the set. I doubt this is causing it but hey, you never know.

This is how it looks in the dye menu
[img]http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa283/Uber-Warrior/gw088_zpse0c41663.jpg[/img]

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

I remember hearing that if even a single dye zone was a color you didn’t have it wouldn’t save the changes, though I myself was able to alter the anonymity hood while leaving one part Midnight Fuscia, which I did not have.

If you aren’t already try dyeing every zone a color you have (like just try to make everything one color) and see if that makes any difference. If you’re already doing that I don’t know what to tell you

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: General Douchington.8497

General Douchington.8497

Thanks a bunch, ScribeTheMad, it worked in changing most of my dyes but now a few of them are defaulting to certain colors again. Still, the colors a little more bearable, so I thank you.

As for a full fix, that’s left unknown.

Posted by: Stormsworder.6827

Stormsworder.6827

I recently discovered a bug related to armor dyes that can immediately crash your game as well as making the dyes for that piece of armor unchangeable.

Character B has and armor piece worn by Character A that was previously dyed (ex: Celestial and Black for the colors), and character B does NOT have those dyes unlocked. When character B wears the armor, the dye colors on the armor piece CANNOT be changed. If attempting to change the dye colors on the armor piece, then removing the armor piece, the game will immediately crash as soon as the armor is put into inventory.

I’ve replicated the crashes (on accident and on purpose) about seven or eight times, and even repeated on a second character to confirm these were the steps taken and it had to deal with a locked dye not yet discovered on Character B.

Character A was my Ranger, and Character B was my Engineer. I repeated the process on an entirely different class, the Thief, using a pair of boots. My Engineer’s bugged piece of gear is a chest piece. All of this was done with medium armor.

On the bright side, neither of them are stuck with horrible colors for the armor pieces.

(edited by Stormsworder.6827)

Posted by: Lord Vaho.6305

Lord Vaho.6305

some of my armour i can not dye certain pieces and keep them that color, exmaple: shoulder pieces dyed brown i change it to red, and get out of the menu and their brown again, try logging and still brown, no matter how many times i redye it red. any one else have problems like that?

Posted by: Dantsa.4630

Dantsa.4630

Had this happen a few times.All i had to do was use the dye remover and take it to the original color.Then it kept the new color.

Posted by: ImNabooThatsWho.4819

ImNabooThatsWho.4819

Right, so quick explanation. When I first made my human engineer I made her armour mostly green. This included the boots. I’ve since changed my mind about this, and so I went into dye mode and changed it. But no matter how many times I apply a new colour to my boots they remain green. So now I’m stuck with these green boots, which, while kinda cool looking since my new colour’s red and it’s a nice contrast, I want to be able to change the boots sooner or later.

Posted by: Lord Vaho.6305

Lord Vaho.6305

i tired that too and still didnt work i removed all the dyes and even retransmuted my armour and put on a different set of armour and redyed all of it and put back on my orginal armour and tried redying it and still stuck that color idk if its the armour or a certain dye slot but its not working for me

Posted by: Soulmyr.8094

Soulmyr.8094

When i try to dye the metal part of my T3 human light cultural pants with lemonade dye it always resets to this gray color when i close the dye menu.
When i use the dye remover on that slot it resets to lemonade dye for some reason but it still returns to gray when i close the menu.
I tried using dye remover on whole skirt and the default colors turned into lemonade (as mentioned), scarlet (which i don’t own) and apricot. Why can’t i just dye the pants as i wish and where is that random gray color coming from.
For now i only had this problem with this particular dye slot on these pants and the lemonade dye.
The pants are transmuted if that is somehow related(?)
EDIT: Tried the apricot dye on the other slot on these pants and have the same issue.

(edited by Soulmyr.8094)

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

I’ve heard of this issue, or at least a similar one, involving armor that comes with colors the user doesn’t have. May not be the exact same bug but try dyeing every dye zone a color you have, doesn’t work for everyone but it’s worth a shot.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: JoshuaLim.5197

JoshuaLim.5197

Every time I remove my transmuted Anonymity Hood AFTER trying to change its color (the new colors don’t show up in game even though I changed them) my game crashes. Hope you guys can fix this asap thanks!

Joshua Omgculling (Thief)
Fort Aspenwood | Deep Penetrations [DPS]

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

I have even tried to re-eye my arborist set with Sky (as I happened to have the dye in the bank), but that still get replaced by remove dye.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

I’m having a similar problem applying Sky dye to my transmuted t1 Sylvari armor – originally exotic Knight’s armor to which I applied the t1 Arborist appearance. Interestingly, my Arborist armor came with Sky as one of the default colors, but the color disappeared once I transmuted the piece. I then bought a Sky dye on the trading post, but Sky only shows correctly in the dye mode pane and is removed once I close the pane.

Having the same issue and I have Sky dye and it won’t reapply at all.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

From this morning onwards I’ve run into a strange bug with the armor mentioned. Dye won’t apply to the main part of the armor on certain colors. I’ve tried Lipstick dye on boots and chestpiece. It shows okay on the hero panel dye screen, but in-game dye won’t affect them and they have the basic “dye remover” ugly color.

Then when I try to remove the boots from my character, the game crashes. Some other dyes are fine, like Wrath (tried it). Is the game telling me this dye doesn’t look good with these boots?

Attachments:

Posted by: Levethix.9361

Levethix.9361

I’m having much the same issue with my anonymity hood after I transmuted it. The midnight fuschia dye wouldn’t stick to it and it would crash my game on removal. One thing though has happened that I haven’t seen anyone else mention yet on this thread. After I transmuted it the anonymity hood became account bound instead of soulbound and could no longer be transmuted into anything else. Did anyone else have their bugged item become account bound?

Posted by: afk.8230

afk.8230

just spent six gold on some white dye, when attempted to dye certain parts of my armor (cultural tier 3 asura armor on a male.) when I exit the preview screen it auto resets to beige which I don’t even have unlocked. This is replicated when i exit game and then re-enter. Is this dye just incompatible with this armor set?

edit: the dye was just the rare ‘white dye’ and the armor is transmuted stats from AC token purchase p/t/v armor if that matters.

(edited by afk.8230)

Posted by: kazuaky.1852

kazuaky.1852

i can’t dye lower part of dreadnought visor with gold dye, it’ll revert to gray and black (which dye i don’t have), and if i uneqip, it crash my gw2 client.

please fix this, thank you

Posted by: afk.8230

afk.8230

i just want to reiterate that this isn’t the crash to desktop bug, as i’m not crashing out. It simply just resets to the default armor colour.