Crabtoss Achievements

Crabtoss Achievements

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: KrystalTears.3520

KrystalTears.3520

Crabtoss achievements Crab grabber and Crab carrier. I have been doing this event for 2 days now and none of my carries or grabs are showing up, I should have both almost complete now. Is there an issue where when you grab and carry it says you have points but then they dont show up in your hero tab?

Please advise or help.

Thanks

**** Pie is the only truth. ****
Clan Devil’s Forces – DragonBrand

Crabtoss Achievements

Posted by: sinofmercy.7019

sinofmercy.7019

I have also had the same problem. My achievements for crabgrabber and crab-carrying competitor have been stuck at the same numbers. I know I’ve come close to completing or have already completed these two achievements, however neither of them are showing any progress despite playing more games.

Crabtoss Achievements

Posted by: Monk.5127

Monk.5127

I’m having the same problem here. No crab toss champion title after winning a game and no progress toward the other achievements for the crab toss event.
It’d be nice to hear a word from someone at Anet about the matter too.

Raww Im A Mesmer
Eternal Clarity X [Ankh] – Dragonbrand

(edited by Monk.5127)

Crabtoss Achievements

Posted by: Crowhorn.3846

Crowhorn.3846

Having this same problem. My crab toss achievements seem to be “locked”! Have reported the bug in-game. Also the crab toss champion achievement did not pop for me when I won a game and another player experienced the same thing.

Screenshot attached. You can see in the achievement tracker that it is not registering.

Attachments:

Crabtoss Achievements

Posted by: Ryhpez.7692

Ryhpez.7692

Same problem here. Hopefully they fix this fast and/or extend the crabtoss game by a week to allow people to actually do the achievements.

Crabtoss Achievements

Posted by: Kirjin.9641

Kirjin.9641

I just had the same problem, but I did not receive credit after completing both the Crab Toss Participant achievement or the Crab Toss Champion achievement. Really let me down after trying for that win for so long, heh.

Crabtoss Achievements

Posted by: Zay.6357

Zay.6357

Yep, seems to be bugged for everyone.

Hoping that if crab toss isn’t permanent they at least keep it for an extra week or something so I can finish up the crab grabber title.

Crabtoss Achievements

Posted by: Serenity.6149

Serenity.6149

Bugged here. Had no problem before, but took a break and stuck at 88/100 now. Just awesome.

Crabtoss Achievements

Posted by: Signet of Forums.4397

Signet of Forums.4397

Same here. It’s especially annoying because I was pretty close to finishing them up.

Therefore we proceed to write a sig.

Crabtoss Achievements

Posted by: random noob.5173

random noob.5173

I’m also experiencing the same issue.

Crabtoss Achievements

Posted by: Tears.5627

Tears.5627

Same problem here. I did a few in the beginning to get started but since tuesday I cannot get them to progress. I would hope that they at least give us the achievement. I really hate this kittening event.

Running Axe on Necro since April 27th, 2012 (Before it was cool)

Crabtoss Achievements

Posted by: Anxiety.8543

Anxiety.8543

I really hope Anet decides to give the achievement to those experiencing this issue.
For myself, I know I’ve played enough to get the crab carrier and crab grabber achievements if this problem had not occurred. I would have been willing to play more if the bug was fixed earlier as I enjoy the event, but I’ll be leaving for vacation and am unlikely to have time to play even if they extended the period we are able to access the crab toss.

Crabtoss Achievements

Posted by: Valina.2190

Valina.2190

I also cannot progress the crab-carrying competitor no matter how many times I’ve picked up the crab. I’m stuck at 230/300, it worked a few days ago, but stopped working when I tried to play today.

Crabtoss Achievements

Posted by: Longwei.3628

Longwei.3628

I have been having this problem for a while now. Crabtacular! would never unlock for me. But now I notice my Crabgrabber and Crab-Carrying competitor arent working towards completion now too ( which means they recently broke). These are the last 3 achievments I need for Southsun and would be VERY upset if they didn’t fix or unlock them for us before they remove it. PLEASE HELP

Crabtoss Achievements

Posted by: Rukral.2870

Rukral.2870

Yep, same happening to me. Took a bit of a break from Crab Toss, came back to wrap it up. Only 12 more grabs and like 20 carries until I am done. Spent an hour playing and progress didn’t budge. Please extend crab toss playability once this is patched, this is rather unfair to those who are completionists and have jobs that limit the amount of time they can play.

Considering how the bonfire for the last Living Story was extended for players I think this would be an equal and just response.

Crabtoss Achievements

Posted by: icaruswings.2034

icaruswings.2034

Anet PLEASE FIX CRABGRABBER ACHIVEMENT SO I CAN GET TITLE!!! i’m stuck at 85/100 and has been stuck for the past 3 days that i’ve noticed while trying to finish

Crabtoss Achievements

Posted by: DeathThiefD.3649

DeathThiefD.3649

Same problem, no achievement.

Crabtoss Achievements

Posted by: Darketower.5218

Darketower.5218

New Day. Still not working.

Crabtoss Achievements

Signet of Forums.4397

Yep, still broken. An acknowledgement that they are aware of the issue would be nice. At least a, “Too bad, you should have done it earlier.” Something.

(edited by Signet of Forums.4397)

Crabtoss Achievements

Posted by: Chaoswalker.7895

Chaoswalker.7895

I have had the same issue regarding the Crab Toss Champion title. I just won the match 20 minutes ago and went to check my achievements, and saw that I had no achievement points or the title itself.

Crabtoss Achievements

Posted by: Trick Doll.7923

Trick Doll.7923

Daily Crab Toss Champion broken for another day.

Crabtoss Achievements

Posted by: Rukral.2870

Rukral.2870

This has started working for me as of 5 minutes ago.

Crabtoss Achievements

Posted by: Saga San.7026

Saga San.7026

Just wanted to let you know that the problem isnt solved.
Finally got champion, crabtacular, a few grabs and a lot(!) of carries but no progress in the achievements.

Crabtoss Achievements

Signet of Forums.4397

It started working for me again when I tried this past hour.

Crabtoss Achievements

Posted by: Betonboor.7154

Betonboor.7154

Since a couple of days now, the achievements for crabtoss have been bugged. Now, crabtoss is gone and many players were not able to finish the achievements due to these bugs. As a completionist, both in GW1 and GW2, not being able to get some of these achievements is very painful. Even more so because it was outside of our reach due to a technical error.

Please ArenaNet, extend the crabtoss minigame. Or even better, just bring it back forever. There is no reason why this minigame should be temporary. Unlike canach’s lair, it has no living story connection. Also, it would be a welcome addition to the currently very limited amount of minigames.

Crabtoss Achievements

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

Bring back crab toss for the same amount of time that it was broken and not rewarding achievements. People who want to finish the achievements have been denied the time that they deserve to accomplish these achieves. It’s not fair to reward people who did the achievements earlier by locking everyone else out.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

Crabtoss Achievements

Posted by: Darkstorn.5423

Darkstorn.5423

Crab toss has to get back or retroactively reward ANYONE who tried to do it in the last days (dont care how you could make it require 1 crab toss / carry so anyone who went in there has it complete)
Anet just stole the title from a lot of people that left that achieve to do it in the last 3+ days

(edited by Darkstorn.5423)

Crabtoss Achievements

Darkstorn.5423

Devs give a reply. ANY REPLY on this matter i will keep bumping it as long as i have to

Crabtoss Achievements

Posted by: syunfung.9421

syunfung.9421

It may have varied between players. I had issues with the achievement progress for the past week and almost gave up until I saw Rukral’s post last night. I spent about 2 hours, but I managed to finish off Crabgrabber and the carrier. I was also pleased to find a lot of the instances were working together to get Crabtacular, where previously all I saw were people trying to get their dailies.

I did, however, have an issue where after every round ended, my client would crash and I’d have to log back on and back onto another instance. I managed to get the same instance every once in awhile, but I think I may have seen every instance on my server last night. No one else seemed to have the issue though. It may have been a way in which the updates/patches/etc. were implemented on each of our ends.

But I do agree. If not retroactively rewarding the players that had actually completed the achievements, there should be a rerelease of Crab Toss for at least the amount of time that people started having issues. I’d even agree to make it a permanent fixture in the game, though storywise, you’d probably have to bring it out of Southsun with all the settlers leaving and whatnot.

Homura Li
Kaineng – GM[GoAT]

Crabtoss Achievements

Darkstorn.5423

So you got lucky while all those other players that keep posting on forums aren’t. Still doesn’t fix the fact WE DON’T EVEN GET A REPLY ALL THESE DAYS
I will keep bumping this thread every hour lets see how many months pass before they even say they are looking into it

Crabtoss Achievements

Posted by: syunfung.9421

syunfung.9421

I’m not trying to rub it into anyone’s face or to give excuses for the devs, so I’m sorry if it seemed that way to you. If you read the last paragraph, you’d know I sympathize…

I was rather surprised at the lack of response given the number of Crab Toss Bug Reports. I sincerely hope this isn’t going to be a trend for future events.

Homura Li
Kaineng – GM[GoAT]

Crabtoss Achievements

Posted by: susieqrj.1829

susieqrj.1829

I was travelling for almost two weeks and was hoping to finish some crab achievs this past weekend. It upseted me to see that I was carring the crabs and stuff but nothing was being count. And now….. urg….. the crab arena is closed. Grrrr.. No achievs and no chances to get them.

Crabtoss Achievements

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I will keep bumping this thread every hour lets see how many months pass before they even say they are looking into it

Three hours later: this

Hey, everyone: we understand your frustration with the achievements not working for Crab Toss and we apologize that you’re not able to earn those achievements. Although Crab Toss will be removed when the Dragon Bash update goes live, we are working on ways to make this activity available again in the future, and you will have the opportunity to earn or complete those achievements again. We don’t have an estimate on when this will happen, but we will be working on fixing the issues with the achievements and on making Crab Toss available again in the future.