Dear ArenaNet Devs, [Eternity] ... Please!

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

Dear ArenaNet Developers,

I have recently completed my [Eternity] and noticed like most the two bugs you already know about. It is especially frustrating for us since this item is very hard to reach.

Through hard work, dedication, we, the few, have flipped the TP against all odds! Through days, nights, wars, dragons, bad Scarlet stories, poor holidays, and ascended gear, we have risked and sacrificed all by standing next to the Black Lion Trader and courageously fighting “1-copper” bid-wars against the gold sellers – and we made it!

To get bugs:

Drawing Eternity (unsheathing) the Sunrise/Twilight effect is lost.

To fix, find drawWeapon():

if(weapon == Sunrise || (weapon == Eternity && isDaytime())) {
   drawSunrise();
} else if(weapon == Twilight ||(weapon == Eternity && !isDaytime())) {
   drawTwilight();
} else {
   drawWoodSword();
}

Throwing Eternity (through abilities) the Sunrise/Twilight effect is lost.

To fix, find throwWeapon():

if(weapon == Sunrise || (weapon == Eternity && isDaytime())) {
   throwSunrise();
} else if(weapon == Twilight ||(weapon == Eternity && !isDaytime())) {
   throwTwilight();
} else {
   throwWoodenSword();
}

Please find this long ago reported bug in your bug-tracking system and escalate it’s priority from “LOL 2019” to “High”. Since the missing behavior has already been coded for Sunrise and Twilight, there’s nothing to do but link it to Eternity. It’s an easy low-hanging fruit that will make a big difference for us!

Please fix our beloved sword, it really means a lot to us!!

- Korossive

Attachments:

Korossive.7085

Please don’t ignore. Thanks.

Posted by: VLNt.9862

VLNt.9862

I’m not into the farm legendary items thing, so I should’t post here. Though i have an idea about what means to farm 1 legendary item, not to mention 2. Because of that I bring up this topic to support you.

Posted by: Lukas.3950

Lukas.3950

posting and reporting this since months, eternity itself needs a rework.
the aura appears right out of your face, not like an actual “aura”. no changes at daytime, so a dark aura to sunrise … unfitting, no projectiles, no draw-effect.
even cobalt, meteorolgicus …. got the day-night-swap so there is nothing special anymore about it. at least we should get the option to re-split it into sunrise and twilight (as often as we want), since eternity is totally inferior to the both single swords. it would be a great, necessary and satisfiieng move to let as split eternity.

Korossive.7085

Bump’d

15Charrs

Posted by: Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

Double bump although I don’t see Anet fixing this any time soon.

Lukas.3950

this is a pic from the old suggestions forum, “what eternity should look like”, the thread had over 28000 hits and no dev didnt even answer.

Attachments:

Posted by: Bartosz.2013

Bartosz.2013

this is a pic from the old suggestions forum, “what eternity should look like”, the thread had over 28000 hits and no dev didnt even answer.

Wow, this greatsword is pretty cool

Korossive.7085

That thread was about improving Eternity. My false hopes are set lower my friend. I only ask a bug fix. A 5-minute bug fix. Patch in, patch out, nothing so far these past months and months.

Lukas.3950

are we really so desperate? yes we are …. im hoping for anything, at least a dev response

Korossive.7085

Bump’d

15Charrs

Lukas.3950

bumping too :-)

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Please do not bump threads. It is extremely unrespectfull to other posts (and a violation off the forum rules). Bugs are rated on impact. Bumping yours means you think yours deserve more attention then others and that is just plain selfish!!

Also Lukas, your thing with Eternity is an opinion and not a bug. You have expressed your views elsewhere where I have given you a reply. Crossposting is also against the rules we have on this forum.

Thank you for respecting the rules.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: yayuuu.9420

yayuuu.9420

@Korossive: Do you really think that they hardcoded all this stull like this? If yes then you must be new to programming. It would be a total mess to read this code if it was like this…

Probably it looks more like this:
- Someone reads the forums and write down all the bugs, assigning them to teams. This one is probably assigned to some kind of visual team.

- So called Visual team, using tools made by programers, opens some kind of “ini” or “xml” file that is the database of all items. They find Eternity, which is described somehow like this:
<DayModel>filename of the model</DayModel>
<NightModel>filename of the model</NightModel>
<SkillEffect=‘Throwing Skill’>some file describing effect</SkillEffect>

As you can see, they probably haven’t made separate fields for day / night skill effect, allowing them to use only one effect. Media team can’t change it using their tools, so they have to request update of these tools from the programmers team.

Programmers have to modify game engine to allow it reading additional fields, describing effects of the skills during day / night and update tools to be able to read new structure of the files. When they do it (which is probably not as important as other stuff), they forward it back to the Visual team. That team have to put it again on the list of “things to do” and someday select the proper effects.

As you can see, it’s (probably) not as simple as you think. Welcome to the world of corporations and big projects.

Lukas.3950

mercury, if you grinded hundreds of hours for a item thats bugged for ages, reported several times and didnt not even get an answer, what would you do?
its clearly a bug that draw/proj effects are missing, everything else is more or less a suggestion. anyway, if you want to play the white knight, work for arenanet, if it is so bad we are bumping a thread, then mods would take action. and these threads will come back, there is a very simple solution for it : a dev writing : got it, we are working on it. (and actually work on it)
ty for bumping the thread too
edit : legendarys are one of the biggest impact in the game as far as they are the biggest highend goal to reach, the motivation to play

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

Please do not bump threads. It is extremely unrespectfull to other posts (and a violation off the forum rules). Bugs are rated on impact. Bumping yours means you think yours deserve more attention then others and that is just plain selfish!!

Also Lukas, your thing with Eternity is an opinion and not a bug. You have expressed your views elsewhere where I have given you a reply. Crossposting is also against the rules we have on this forum.

Thank you for respecting the rules.

rules rules rules. Are you a bot or a human.

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

Because they can’t face the fact it’s not one of their own ideas maybe

Korossive.7085

A blast from the past! Now’s a good time to revive this for the feature patch please.

Posted by: darwin.2790

darwin.2790

still no fix on this Korossive?

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Still no fix :’(

Also, that pic that was linked from the ‘what eternity should look like’ thread was amazing, and I would love to see it changed to that =p