FPS DROP after Patch

FPS DROP after Patch

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Purecura.1795

Purecura.1795

Just finished reinstalling the game, and still experiencing 20-22 max FPS out of 35-40. This is outrageous! Reinstalling did not help remedy my lower FPS rate due to patch.

Lv.80 Chronomancer (Mesmerist Palamecia)
Lv.80 Scrapper (Alchemist Persenia)
Lv.80 Druid (Mender Zalintyre)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: DarkReign.4503

DarkReign.4503

I wouldn’t recommend starting a conversation in map chat about this issue either. I was just having a casual discussion about it after someone brought up bugs from the patch, and, long story short, I was told by a complete stranger that I’m poor and should kill myself for not upgrading my system. Nice to see the trolls now buying into the same logic that it’s individually to blame when there’s this many people, some with old and new computers, all experiencing the same problem. But of course, everything is our faults. The frustration is really starting to boil over. Please Anet just say something about this. I think everyone is just looking for a response at this point….

Oh they always say upgrade but I have a good system and I never brag about it and because GW2 runs terribly while every game I play new or old runs fine there is someth’n weird with the game that does not work well. I don’t need upgrading would be no use for me there’s no reason to so that argument and posting their computer hardware means nothing to me or anyone with lower PCs. Most of them just say I get 120FPS blah blah, you only need 60 at the most any higher is just nothing useful.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Ayrtonlsp.3945

Ayrtonlsp.3945

I wouldn’t recommend starting a conversation in map chat about this issue either. I was just having a casual discussion about it after someone brought up bugs from the patch, and, long story short, I was told by a complete stranger that I’m poor and should kill myself for not upgrading my system. Nice to see the trolls now buying into the same logic that it’s individually to blame when there’s this many people, some with old and new computers, all experiencing the same problem. But of course, everything is our faults. The frustration is really starting to boil over. Please Anet just say something about this. I think everyone is just looking for a response at this point….

Yeah, it happened with me too, :c, people just don’t care…

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Putting this back here cause I would like someone else to test this as well

If your open to testing, I think I found a logical workaround that we can use.

in your GPU’s Control Panel over ride AA settings and disable the sampling, and set Texture settings to performance. By doing that I got most of my FPS rate back. And my UI/Mouse Lag is gone. You do lose quality in the games graphics, but that is the trade off for this kind of work around. If you dont like it just set it back to defaults, which youll do when Anet fixes the issue anyway.

I am starting to think that the game is calling for a higher AA value then before due to the newer UI textures (as even with the changes i propose if you disable the UI you still get 30-50 MORE FPS then when the UI is enabled), as ‘application defaults’ in the CCC for me makes the game run at 18-25 FPS and the mouse movement is crazy laggy.

just something to try to make the game playable on machines that are getting 20-25FPS right now (I am getting 46 after the CCC Change, 35 FPS in Lions Arch/City areas now. up from 18FPS-25FPS)

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: alteriel valie.4751

alteriel valie.4751

in your GPU’s Control Panel over ride AA settings and disable the sampling, and set Texture settings to performance. By doing that I got most of my FPS rate back. And my UI/Mouse Lag is gone. You do lose quality in the games graphics, but that is the trade off for this kind of work around. If you dont like it just set it back to defaults, which youll do when Anet fixes the issue anyway.

I am starting to think that the game is calling for a higher AA value then before due to the newer UI textures (as even with the changes i propose if you disable the UI you still get 30-50 MORE FPS then when the UI is enabled), as ‘application defaults’ in the CCC for me makes the game run at 18-25 FPS and the mouse movement is crazy laggy.

just something to try to make the game playable on machines that are getting 20-25FPS right now (I am getting 46 after the CCC Change, 35 FPS in Lions Arch/City areas now. up from 18FPS-25FPS)

I will change nothing on my computer,i was playing fine even after the release of the patch and suddenly two days later i can’t play at all!!!
I had 80+fps everywhere on the map and over 60 in WvW,at blob fights i had 25+ fps,now i have 12fps everywhere even i change settings on lowest!!
It’s their problem and not ours :@

(edited by alteriel valie.4751)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

Thanks for posting this. I did these things in CCC. There was improvement, but only by 5 fps for me. Unfortunately it leaves the game unplayable for me. Of course I also (with the new settings) tried hiding the UI and would you believe it still fixed the problem for me. Obviously it’s my fault the UI is breaking the game. Well, that and it’s nothing more than swamp gas trapped in a weather balloon reflecting light from Mercury that is causing the problem as well. That seemed appropriate as we are down to little more than conspiracy theories at this point thanks to Anet’s decision to use plausible deniability.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

anet never fixes performance issues, here’s an interview with one of them on the matter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezVy-zLUq6g

OMG lol. That was funny. So true about GvG.

yeah time to hunt for a new MMO if this keeps up.

I’m trying Tamiriel Unlimited in the meanwhile, it has improved a lot. At least now there is a choice to play something else without a monthly fee.

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Titan.8215

Titan.8215

Well, 62 hours from the first patch, 62 hours without play, and Anet still no response…

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: zaw.6741

zaw.6741

how can they say its problem on our end?
the thing is, ui eats lots fps but…cpu/gpu isnt affected at all. why my fps drops by 10-15, while gpu usage stays at 30-40% (and cpu similar) in a givent moment?
i see some problem with resource management there
i get that ui is probably a 3rd party, but its not a reason for some 2d elements to cut our frames so badly, while its not utilizing our hardware
under 30 frames i find it barely playable (in pvp or more intense pve, like 40+ fotm), and while the visuals of the game havent changed at all, id like an answer why they tell us to upgrade our specs. like ‘hey, game still looks the same, but you must buy 2x faster pc, just because’
we need an answer

(edited by zaw.6741)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Edmo.7159

Edmo.7159

They still need to fix more than 3/4 of the bugs introduced in this patch. The voice bug seems to be simple, but they don’t fix it yet, i still have hope because more fixes are coming.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Kurr.4179

Kurr.4179

Still not a single red post 3 days later… at least acknowledge that you are aware of and working on fixing the issue.

I can barely play. Just doing my daily crafting was painful today.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Gigiobalt.7625

Gigiobalt.7625

3 days after patch, 3600 views, 200 posts, 10 different threads about the same subject. And not a single word from ANet. gg

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Libersevenad.8275

Libersevenad.8275

I’m heavily affected by this issue, can barely play and still havent seen any sign things will get better

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Var.8305

Var.8305

I have the same issue, and the only thing I know for certain is that Anet don’t care about it enough to simply say something to us.

No matter what people say here, this game has the worst customer service. ever. But what can we expect when they just release a patch that just screwed the whole game, oh and I know they won’t miss me if I don’t buy the expansion, I’ve seen them saying it to other players, no only rude but also terrible at business it seems. and people still wonders why wow has 10 million more people playing even when there is a monthly fee.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Akkawi.7580

Akkawi.7580

I have the same issue, and the only thing I know for certain is that Anet don’t care about it enough to simply say something to us.

No matter what people say here, this game has the worst customer service. ever. But what can we expect when they just release a patch that just screwed the whole game, oh and I know they won’t miss me if I don’t buy the expansion, I’ve seen them saying it to other players, no only rude but also terrible at business it seems. and people still wonders why wow has 10 million more people playing even when there is a monthly fee.

Very good point.

Hopefully they address this issue, because it is a major one and I can’t even play from how bad my fps is.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Ana.2415

Ana.2415

Still waiting an answer from devs on this post.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: evilbrake.1782

evilbrake.1782

Just tried to play right now and FPS drop still a big problem. I mostly do PVP and now I am a sitting duck for free kills… against engineers I can’t even rotate my camera. Really impossible to play. Really sad.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Noble.2670

Noble.2670

anet never fixes performance issues, here’s an interview with one of them on the matter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezVy-zLUq6g

OMG lol. That was funny. So true about GvG.

yeah time to hunt for a new MMO if this keeps up.

I’m trying Tamiriel Unlimited in the meanwhile, it has improved a lot. At least now there is a choice to play something else without a monthly fee.

I might have to give that ago myself now, what is the combat system like?

Stupid Seven [sM]
my vids: https://tinyurl.com/sevenddelem

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Fozis.5316

Fozis.5316

I have the same problem.
Before update 45 -60 FPS in high populated areas now 18 – 25 FPS with everything on high. This is not a problem with our computers i have a good PC i run most other games at 100+ FPS but Guild Wars 2 has a big FPS problem now and before this patch. I only see a small fps increase with UI on or off the same with inventory.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Purecura.1795

Purecura.1795

Alright ANET, come on, what the hell is going on. I started this post a few days ago, it has received tons of replies, and views, and no one can even let us know you are all working on something? Confirmation would be great thank you.

Lv.80 Chronomancer (Mesmerist Palamecia)
Lv.80 Scrapper (Alchemist Persenia)
Lv.80 Druid (Mender Zalintyre)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Nero.3654

Nero.3654

Off UI give back lots of fps but is more strange things, turn off antyaliasing give me 1-2fps before was lots more same with model limits from lowest to hightest give~5 in crowd arena.

Open inventory cost 10fps:P

(edited by Nero.3654)

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

Ok so I got a reply to my question, after my long talk with a Dev I asked if the recent patch means we require more to run it, and the answer is no…so it’s obviously a bug, all they keep doing is pointing out my computer is not optimum even after I press on the point that this is happening to people with high end computers, anyone with a decent computer want to copy everything I said in a ticket and see what reply they get? XD!

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

Just tested the FPS drop on my i7-4790K@5ghz and Dual 290’s

With the UI, 175 FPS looking at the sky
with out the UI 241 FPS looking at the sky

That is a HUGE drop….

So I’ve just sent these screenshots to the Dev, and hopefully they will acknowledge the issue now and not just blame my computer or other people’s or there internet etc, how much proof do they want, I’d say 100’s of people reporting the same thing is enough..

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

having black screens after some time(was fine before patch) and game stops responding, and also a 20-30 FPS drop.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Jonasaurus.6170

Jonasaurus.6170

Has anyone tried repairing? Do you think that might work?

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: alteriel valie.4751

alteriel valie.4751

If you mean repair the client i did it 5 min ago,nothing changed,huge fps drop!!!!

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

i have tried it like 8 times or so now, it dosent change a thing :L

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: LordAdre.8174

LordAdre.8174

They closed my post about FPS drop on french forum, they say its fixed LOL!!!!!!

FPS DROP after Patch

Jonasaurus.6170

Well dang, that was what I was about to try…. So no one still has a fix yet? :/ cause the game is almost unplayable without turning off UI…

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

They closed my post about FPS drop on french forum, they say its fixed LOL!!!!!!

What a joke this is becoming..if the eu devs are saying it isn’t there issue it’s ours, and the French devs are saying they’ve fixed it, meaning it is there issue, witch is it?

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

What a joke this is becoming..if the eu devs are saying it isn’t there issue it’s ours, and the French devs are saying they’ve fixed it, meaning it is there issue, witch is it?

Man I’m being confused, They said that is FIXED, Sent me also a link of fixed bugs from the last update, and the FPS drop doesnt even appear in this list. are they kidding me ? LOL

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

Man I’m being confused, They said that is FIXED, Sent me also a link of fixed bugs from the last update, and the FPS drop doesnt even appear in this list. are they kidding me ? LOL

at this point i think its clear there avoiding/ignoring the issue..so my hope for a fix is getting lower and lower

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

at this point i think its clear there avoiding/ignoring the issue..so my hope for a fix is getting lower and lower

Yea i think we will never see a fix for this issue.

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

i want to try this but im struggling to find the settings, im on windows 7, any help would be appreciated XD

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

Ana.2415

I think we shouldn’t talk about change our pc settings here. That’s only will give more reasons to the devs to say it’s our fault when it’s obviously their fault.

Hi dear dev, we know you are reading this thread. Could you give us a response here, please? I think we have been waiting enough time your asnwer. We are so disappointed with they way that you are taking this. Just stop ignoring this thread.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Cyrus The Virus.5217

Cyrus The Virus.5217

I wonder are we allowed to maybe copy this thread over to the main discussion subforum as well? It seems devs tend to visit and comment on threads in that subforum the most. I feel like now after 3 more bug fixes and all the heat over the fps issue they are avoiding the bug report subforum all together. Maybe, if we replicate this thread on the main discussion subforum we can get more eyes on it and finally catch their attention.? I don’t know.. Just an idea. What does everyone else think? Just like everyone else, I would just like to hear anything from Anet at this point even if it’s just them acknowledging the issue.

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

I just think they will keep ignoring the issue.

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

they will most likely remove it for being in the wrong area of the forums. so :L

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

Jonasaurus.6170

What did you do exactly, I tried to do what you did and no fps increase.

FPS DROP after Patch

Jonasaurus.6170

Well…. I’m going to try to repair… after that, I have no idea

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Ayrtonlsp.3945

Ayrtonlsp.3945

The disrespect is real, they don’t even care about us, that’s so kittened dude, the first massive update regarding the exp. an they wrecked everything up. " There’s people complaining about fps issues, what we do? Nothing.

The most unprepared staff ever.

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

The disrespect is real, they don’t even care about us, that’s so kittened dude, the first massive update regarding the exp. an they wrecked everything up. " There’s people complaining about fps issues, what we do? Nothing.

The most unprepared staff ever.

yep. im in the process of downloading elder scrolls now it has no subscription fee :L

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

That is a HUGE drop….

So I’ve just sent these screenshots to the Dev, and hopefully they will acknowledge the issue now and not just blame my computer or other people’s or there internet etc, how much proof do they want, I’d say 100’s of people reporting the same thing is enough..

so i just got the reply.."I would suggest having your friend contact us directly. The reason for this is because the issue you are referring to can be caused by different things and without being able to gather the needed information to troubleshoot this, we will be unable to give any specific reason why this is happening.

Once we have received a ticket from your friend we can begin troubleshooting his/her issue."

i can guarntee 100% that if you was to do this, they would blame your internet connection. and not there kitten patch.

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

ikereid.4637

That is a HUGE drop….

so i just got the reply.."I would suggest having your friend contact us directly. The reason for this is because the issue you are referring to can be caused by different things and without being able to gather the needed information to troubleshoot this, we will be unable to give any specific reason why this is happening.

Once we have received a ticket from your friend we can begin troubleshooting his/her issue."

i can guarntee 100% that if you was to do this, they would blame your internet connection. and not there kitten patch.

lol yea its the PC!!1!!one!!11!!

kittening Anet. This is happening on 5 of my systems, not just one. I just did a screenshot on my most powerful to show the MASSIVE FPS drop due to the UI.

They NEED to get their heads out of their @sses right now. 4 days and no response. Unprofessional and unacceptable. Times like this I wish the game had a subscription so you can throw it back in their faces.

FPS DROP after Patch

ikereid.4637

i want to try this but im struggling to find the settings, im on windows 7, any help would be appreciated XD

This is a screenshot from the AMD CCC control panel. it will be different from Nvidia but the setting should be there.

Changing the AA setting to None gives me some of the FPS drop back on the machines I have that are REALLY affected by this (mainly my Laptops) and makes the game playable again (in towns I was getting 18FPS now I am getting 35FPS, for Example).

This setting didnt do as much for my desktops, cause the GPUs are pretty fast. So I think its safe to say that this will only really affect weaker/older GPUS.

Which kind of enforces a theory I have that Anet is forcing a higher AA value then before the patch in the game (probably at the UI) and that’s where the FPS hit is coming from. So cards that can’t handle higher AA settings will suffer the most.

But even after this change, you will still gain 20-30FPS from disabling the UI. So it does not fix that issue. Just gives you a higher ‘lower’ FPS value.

Attachments:

FPS DROP after Patch

Ana.2415

A dev just answered a post with only 2 replies. And this post still without any answer from a dev. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Perma-Banning-Innocent-players/first#post4898145

Tysm ignoring us its the best solution right?

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

That is a HUGE drop….

lol yea its the PC!!1!!one!!11!!

kittening Anet. This is happening on 5 of my systems, not just one. I just did a screenshot on my most powerful to show the MASSIVE FPS drop due to the UI.

They NEED to get their heads out of their @sses right now. 4 days and no response. Unprofessional and unacceptable. Times like this I wish the game had a subscription so you can throw it back in their faces.

They will never fix this.. 3 days now its been reported, and they dont even know where this bug come from.
I lost all my hope :/

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

This is a screenshot from the AMD CCC control panel. it will be different from Nvidia but the setting should be there.

Changing the AA setting to None gives me some of the FPS drop back on the machines I have that are REALLY affected by this (mainly my Laptops) and makes the game playable again (in towns I was getting 18FPS now I am getting 35FPS, for Example).

This setting didnt do as much for my desktops, cause the GPUs are pretty fast. So I think its safe to say that this will only really affect weaker/older GPUS.

Which kind of enforces a theory I have that Anet is forcing a higher AA value then before the patch in the game (probably at the UI) and that’s where the FPS hit is coming from. So cards that can’t handle higher AA settings will suffer the most.

But even after this change, you will still gain 20-30FPS from disabling the UI. So it does not fix that issue. Just gives you a higher ‘lower’ FPS value.

i cant even find them options, i know i have some kittenty integrated graphics card, but cant find nothing to do with it anywhere on my computer, ahwell

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Washu.9872

Washu.9872

Just posting a me to. Got a brand new Surface Pro 3 (not a gaming beast I know but needed something small to travel)

Game ran at full res at about 30fps on low settings Prepatch with a brand new install.

Patch happens, drops to 20ish fps, second patch 12fps. Disable UI back up to 28fps. Been tweaking resolutions, etc can’t get it to do anything reasonable after these patches but everything was fine Pre-patch on a fresh install. Not sure why I’d need to install a copy of the game again within 2 days.

Surface Pro 3 Core i5 4300U, Intel HD 4400 graphics.

I’ve been traveling so I haven’t checked my other two systems for this yet. One is AMD one is NVIDIA.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: thedukesd.3829

thedukesd.3829

If by any chance GW2 UI is made in Adobe Flash (called it Scaleform or any other fancy name, it’s Adobe Flash in the end) like it happens in other games you will always see a fps drop caused by the UI. I saw this happening in other games and there was no way to prevent the fps drop without using a custom UI that had nothing to do with Flash. Based on GW2 TOS using 3rd party stuff might get you banned.

I have no clue if GW2 UI is made in Adobe Flash or not (I’m no longer actually playing this game, the new campaign will have nothing from what I want added in GW2 so no point to go on…).

Last time I played GW2 I had 75+ fps in the place where one of my toons is parked, now I see 56-59 fps in exactly the same location. Compared to last time I see a lower max core usage (~ -10%) a higher gpu usage (~ +20%) that somehow translates in – 16-19 fps. Nothing has changed regarding the hardware in my pc or the drivers since I stopped playing GW2 in mid january and no other game/3d benchmark is affected in this way.
49 or less fps and any game starts to no longer feel right for me.

Hopefully I will not get a new warning for offtopic for this post like I got in december 2012, I even posted a screenshot with the post and the warning on gw2guru and they failed to say why it was offtopic (i wrote an e-mail as I was instructed to do if I don’t agree with that warning and with the fact that the post was removed but well I still wait for an answer to that e-mail…). Not that I actually care.