FPS DROP after Patch

FPS DROP after Patch

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

We have indeed noticed performance issues on the latest release.

We performed optimizations on our post processing effect pipeline, which were released on Wednesday. Our guys also put a lot of hard work optimizing the new camera collision code. These changes were released yesterday.

Although these changes have improved performance we still haven’t solved the issue you guys are experiencing.
We have top men working on it right now! we will get to the bottom of this!

Thanks you guys for your patience.

Thank you for this update, and the link.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: LordAdre.8174

LordAdre.8174

We have indeed noticed performance issues on the latest release.

We performed optimizations on our post processing effect pipeline, which were released on Wednesday. Our guys also put a lot of hard work optimizing the new camera collision code. These changes were released yesterday.

Although these changes have improved performance we still haven’t solved the issue you guys are experiencing.
We have top men working on it right now! we will get to the bottom of this!

Thanks you guys for your patience.

How much time this will take to fix this issue ?!

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

FPS fixed yet or just lip service?

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

they are apparantly working on the issue but it isntfixed yet.

FPS DROP after Patch

Paul.4081

Do they actually know what went wrong or are they still just hitting the off switch on fun things while thinking they have superior intelligence?

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Johan Skold

Previous

Johan Skold

Lead Engine Programmer

Next

I do not believe its the game engine as much as I feel its related to the CoherentUI.

If you disable the UI the game runs normally, even on max settings. Its really as simple as that. As you open more UI windows the FPS drops even more. Open inventory, get a FPS drop of 5-7, open the Guild Panel, FPS drops by 5 more, Open the WvW Panel, more FPS drops. Also, There is something going on with the UI that is driving the GPU usage up by at least 30%

As Felipe mentioned, we only use CoherentUI to display the gem store, currency exchange, and trading post. All other UI is using an in-house UI solution. The vast majority so far appear to have performance issues unrelated to that dialog.

Also, Coherent dropped support for the 1.x builds at the end of 2014. You are using 1.8.×.x in GW2, which is not fully supported anymore. If you are tacking on UI changes that ‘breaks’ the API Coherent isn’t going to help you guys with it unless you are running a 2.x Build from them.

That’s not really true. We have a very good relationship with Coherent, and have received great support when needed (including this year).

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

Do they actually know what went wrong or are they still just hitting the off switch on fun things while thinking they have superior intelligence?

I have no idea.. I just know they are working on it, dont know when it will be fixed or anything.. maybe it will be fixed in 6months, maybe tmrw, but I’m pretty sure it wont be fixed before the next few days/weeks lol

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Noble.2670

Noble.2670

I do not believe its the game engine as much as I feel its related to the CoherentUI.

If you disable the UI the game runs normally, even on max settings. Its really as simple as that. As you open more UI windows the FPS drops even more. Open inventory, get a FPS drop of 5-7, open the Guild Panel, FPS drops by 5 more, Open the WvW Panel, more FPS drops. Also, There is something going on with the UI that is driving the GPU usage up by at least 30%

As Felipe mentioned, we only use CoherentUI to display the gem store, currency exchange, and trading post. All other UI is using an in-house UI solution. The vast majority so far appear to have performance issues unrelated to that dialog.

Also, Coherent dropped support for the 1.x builds at the end of 2014. You are using 1.8.×.x in GW2, which is not fully supported anymore. If you are tacking on UI changes that ‘breaks’ the API Coherent isn’t going to help you guys with it unless you are running a 2.x Build from them.

That’s not really true. We have a very good relationship with Coherent, and have received great support when needed (including this year).

thank you for the update, i hope you can get to the bottom of this all soon and give us a fix, as its now been 4days ive been unable to play the game :P

Stupid Seven [sM]
my vids: https://tinyurl.com/sevenddelem

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

Hey whats going on with the FPS issue ? please

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Titan.8215

Titan.8215

Please let us know how many time you’ll need for fix this or if you think that you can fix this 100%…

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

Please let us know how many time you’ll need for fix this or if you think that you can fix this 100%…

I think at least 1 week lol

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Kurr.4179

Kurr.4179

My FPS seems back to normal today. Not sure what changed since most of you seem to have no change but I’ll take it.

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

My FPS seems back to normal today. Not sure what changed since most of you seem to have no change but I’ll take it.

Yea I still have low FPS unless I hide the UI …

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Titan.8215

Titan.8215

A friend of my guild just received a beta for GwHoS, I just wait that they dont forget this :S

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

You may have a ‘great’ relationship with them, but like any API developer it will only last so long. And they did pull 1.x from support, source below. (Just something you guys should put on the sticky Note of ‘Things to worry about’)

Source – https://coherent-labs.com/coherent-ui-1-x/

Until June 2014 we released 42 new updates of the SDK with dozens of new features and improvements. All planned Coherent UI 1.X features are now fully implemented.

Coherent UI 1.X has reached a point where it is impossible to add new features without breaking the existing API. That is why we have created a new product – Coherent UI 2.0 that adds new features and comes with a new pricing model.

Coherent UI 1.X will be fully supported until the end of 2014 and all clients will continue to receive the same support, help, and fixes from the Coherent Labs team, however it won’t be offered for purchase anymore. Users can continue to safely use Coherent UI 1.X as long as they like and count on the support they are accustomed to.

Our brand new product – Coherent UI 2.0 adds new features, a new pricing model, and is the current main product developed by us.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: pathaugen.6572

pathaugen.6572

Got my GF the game when it was on sale, she likes it and runs at everything lowest settings, now after patch hates it..

Bad timing.. bad issue to be having!

FPS DROP after Patch

ikereid.4637

You very well may only use Coherent UI for the Web based stuff. We only have your words to take on it. But the issue remains that the UI takes 20% – 30% GPU power to display (See my Attachment here). And on EVERY ONE of my machines I am seeing a FPS loss take a hit for each UI window that is open, cumulatively.

Screenshots show what I am talking about.

3rd Screenshot is with Guild management, PVP window, WvW window, and Inventory Window, and Options. Compare the 3rd screenshot to the 2nd screenshot and youll see what I am talking about here, GPU Utilization% as well.

Screenshots are from my i7-4790K@5ghz and Dual 290’s (SLI disabled for screenshots)
I am seeing this exact same behavior on my other systems, and only my R9 290 and HD5870M systems are running Omega AMD drivers, the rest are on 14.4version 2 still;

Other systems;
i5-4670K@4ghz and single R9 280x
i7-920XM and HD5870M
i7-2630QM and HD6770M
i3-2120 and R7 260x

Attachments:

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

It got worse, guys.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

There’s a lot of programmer talk flying around I do not understand..lol I’m glad to see we have some responses even if it’s not really any news. I just wanted to report in that the issue remains unresolved for myself as well. I’m pretty bummed to miss out on WvW reset and wish this hadn’t taken three days to even acknowledge. Regardless what’s done is done. I realized I never shared my specs, but not sure that it matters since it’s obviously no on our side. Still, here they are:
Intel i7 3770 3.4ghz
8gb DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 7500 series

Not the newest tech, but not bad either. I always ran on minimum and had no problem with 60+fps in LA. Now of course 24 give or take with no windows open. 45ish with UI disabled.

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

I dont understand anything anymore, are they working on the issue ? or not ?! wtf

(edited by LordAdre.8174)

FPS DROP after Patch

ikereid.4637

I dont understand anything anymore, are they working on the issue ? or not ?! wtf

They are working on the issue. But it will be a while before we are given a fix. Something changed with the UI (My guess is the high resolution Experience bar) and its causing great issues.

All we can do is give them as much information as possible about the issue as we see it and hope its enough for them to root cause the issue (replicate it) and fix it on their end to be able to deliver a fix.

I estimate 2-3 weeks before its really fixed. Which would be normal for most performance issues, game related or not (in general IT talk).

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

They are working on the issue. But it will be a while before we are given a fix. Something changed with the UI (My guess is the high resolution Experience bar) and its causing great issues.

All we can do is give them as much information as possible about the issue as we see it and hope its enough for them to root cause the issue (replicate it) and fix it on their end to be able to deliver a fix.

I estimate 2-3 weeks before its really fixed. Which would be normal for most performance issues, game related or not (in general IT talk).

Oh well, thanks

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Ronnie Hu.1694

Ronnie Hu.1694

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

Yea I guess most of peoples in this thread have already seen the video

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

There is no “make fixed” button for these problems and they can’t just put more people on the problem, because not every dev in the office knows the UI code..

So, chill out and take the time to a) play other games, they need your love too, b) upgrade your PC or c) watch woodenpotatoes videos and do some theorycrafting,

And if you are a programmer on here, giving their team trouble..shame on you. May a thousand customers call you on Friday at 4:59pm asking for out of scope changes.

FPS DROP after Patch

ikereid.4637

There is no “make fixed” button for these problems and they can’t just put more people on the problem, because not every dev in the office knows the UI code..

So, chill out and take the time to a) play other games, they need your love too, b) upgrade your PC or c) watch woodenpotatoes videos and do some theorycrafting,

And if you are a programmer on here, giving their team trouble..shame on you. May a thousand customers call you on Friday at 4:59pm asking for out of scope changes.

Also, only reply to this thread with worthy information. Posting useless info like you just did doesn’t help the issue at all, just clutters this thread even more.

I really wish the players would only post if they have something to add to this thread. Complaining is not adding, nor is asking ‘are they working on it’.

I really want the Devs to be able to point back to this thread for information to assist them on fixing this issue. Having many useless posts really prohibits that from happening.

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

i think we also need to keep this thread up

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

seems all the info that can be posted for arena net is already here and most likely been looked at

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Sammael.2430

Sammael.2430

More evidence for a UI problem:

I usually play at an OK 25-35 FPS on my Macbook Pro:

2.2 GHZ processor (I-something, can’t remember what exactly).
16GB RAM
1GB video memory through a Radeon chip (I think).

Now I play at 10-15, sometimes 8-10 FPS. An incredible drop for me personally. When I completely disable All UI elements I go to 35-42 FPS.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

So before the recent patch today, I thought the fps drop when checking scoreboard in sPvP/Pressing “B” was fixed. The patch today brought back the fps drops, and it’s frustrating again.

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: papaiggy.1345

papaiggy.1345

So before the recent patch today, I thought the fps drop when checking scoreboard in sPvP/Pressing “B” was fixed. The patch today brought back the fps drops, and it’s frustrating again.

Different problem wrong thread.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Sounds to me like it’s going to take a very long time to get fixed.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: killfil.3472

killfil.3472

For me, since I downloaded the patch, I can’t play! Literally!
When I try to log on one of my characters, my screen starts turning on and off rapidly and switchs between the different applications that I have open (like if I was using Alt+Tab) and I loose control! I am forced to shutdown my computer because I’m afraid my graphic card is gonna get an epileptic seizur!

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

For me, since I downloaded the patch, I can’t play! Literally!
When I try to log on one of my characters, my screen starts turning on and off rapidly and switchs between the different applications that I have open (like if I was using Alt+Tab) and I loose control! I am forced to shutdown my computer because I’m afraid my graphic card is gonna get an epileptic seizur!

Seems that the last update introduced some bad code into the core interface and|or engine in anticipation of HoT and that we will be stuck with outstandingly poor performance until it get optimized.

Seriously considering the low level of details of this game at the lowest settings it is outrageous that I am getting only 17fps on a 2014 computer with 16 gigs of ram, i7, ssd and 1gb video ram; when I was getting 45fps before the update.

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

Sounds to me like it’s going to take a very long time to get fixed.

it will take few weeks to get fixed for sure.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: themfrom.6357

themfrom.6357

I’ve dropped 30 FPS since the fov update. Same as everyone else the lag subsides when I hide the interface. PVP is next to impossible until this is fixed. post haste pls anet.

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

cant wait to play again…

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

any news about issue?

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

any news about issue?

nope, just have to wait

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

Different problem wrong thread.

Similar FPS problem, thread has more concern so I posted here because it is an FPS drop that is just as severe.

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Oraith.1732

Oraith.1732

Went from 50-60 fps constant to 20 fps constant on the lowest settings. Using an AMD graphics card and an i7.

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

Went from 50-60 fps constant to 20 fps constant on the lowest settings. Using an AMD graphics card and an i7.

They are working on the issue and they actually dont know when this issue will be fixed.

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

well im still hoping for a fix tonight, in the usual patch everyday fashion, a man can dream XD

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Blood Lord.5687

Blood Lord.5687

wow such a big thread… I’m experiencing horrible lag as well since i updated the most recent patch. I was in a PvE map when i patched through, and said wow either there is a huge zerg on this map or?? So i left the map and went to hotm and just as bad lag. I Normally run 50ish fps i use razor game booster to boost my fps by like 10, so then i normally run 60 fps) , but since the patch i cant even break 30. Using tonics, abilities or even moving, causes lag. I want to think its the new beta camera options. I tweaked them to see if that’s the problem but nothing changed FPS wise… I literally haven’t played in a week, i come back today thinking this lag had gone away and its still bad. I have checked every possible thing, from task manager, tweaking graphics to lower settings, to re downloading the client. To no avail…

Majestic Royales ~ Champion Illusionist (R80)
Apex Prime [ApeX] , BlackGate

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

wow such a big thread… I’m experiencing horrible lag as well since i updated the most recent patch. I was in a PvE map when i patched through, and said wow either there is a huge zerg on this map or?? So i left the map and went to hotm and just as bad lag. I Normally run 50ish fps i use razor game booster to boost my fps by like 10, so then i normally run 60 fps) , but since the patch i cant even break 30. Using tonics, abilities or even moving, causes lag. I want to think its the new beta camera options. I tweaked them to see if that’s the problem but nothing changed FPS wise… I literally haven’t played in a week, i come back today thinking this lag had gone away and its still bad. I have checked every possible thing, from task manager, tweaking graphics to lower settings, to re downloading the client. To no avail…

You need to wait until they fix the issue, but it will take a while.

Support said me again today that they are working on the issue, but they have no idea about when it will be fixed

(edited by LordAdre.8174)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Cronos.6532

Cronos.6532

please start using game UI for the BLTC

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
etherealguardians.com

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

BLTC ?

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

BLTC ?

Black Lion Trading Company

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

Oh yea right lol

BLTC ?

Black Lion Trading Company

FPS DROP after Patch

Paul.4081

Wonder how many purchasers of the expansion this patch cost? I’m expecting it to be absolute chaos upon unleash after this catastrophe, hope I’m wrong though.

(edited by Paul.4081)