FPS DROP after Patch

FPS DROP after Patch

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: luq.2786

luq.2786

GTX970 here. I also noticed a significant fps drop. What is even more interesting, there is no big framerate difference between medium/ultra+supersampling settings.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

They will get this fixed, they have to now as the cat is completely out of the bag.

You guys need to stop saying stuff that has nothing to do with the FPS issue in this thread. Any new info is getting buried with your complaints.

Such as the fact I provided a screenshot that shows a 30% GPU jump when the UI is enabled. That is something that Anet needs to be aware of in case they miss in it their own testing.

The UI is not flash based, if it were you would be required to have flash installed on your PC. And I do not (Flash is a HUGE security risk, btw).

I am willing to bet the UI is using more and more of that CoherentUI system they deployed a while back. And if you look at the UI when the game is in ultra low settings, the UI is still using really high quality textures with full on AA applied. I really feel that is the issue here.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

FPS DROP after Patch

ikereid.4637

I am just going to leave this here

Source – https://coherent-labs.com/coherent-ui-1-x/

Coherent UI 1.X

Coherent UI 1.X is a gui software launched in the spring of 2013 and quickly changed the way game UI is made, opening a whole new world of interconnected technologies for game developers.

Until June 2014 we released 42 new updates of the SDK with dozens of new features and improvements. All planned Coherent UI 1.X features are now fully implemented.

Coherent UI 1.X has reached a point where it is impossible to add new features without breaking the existing API. That is why we have created a new product – Coherent UI 2.0 that adds new features and comes with a new pricing model.

Coherent UI 1.X will be fully supported until the end of 2014 and all clients will continue to receive the same support, help, and fixes from the Coherent Labs team, however it won’t be offered for purchase anymore. Users can continue to safely use Coherent UI 1.X as long as they like and count on the support they are accustomed to.

Our brand new product – Coherent UI 2.0 adds new features, a new pricing model, and is the current main product developed by us.

Attachments:

(edited by Moderator)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Lilywhite.6397

Lilywhite.6397

Is there a way to take a pole and see how many of us have AMD cards. I have a suspicion that it is mostly folks with AMD cards having the issue.

I’m on an i7-4770k @ 4.0Ghz with 16GB RAM and an EVGA 750Ti @ 1320/6200. It’s had a severe effect on my performance.

Is that a Nepton 280L ? .. i could be wrong

It is. I swapped the fans out to Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 140s, though.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: FelipeRomero.4267

Previous

FelipeRomero.4267

Lead Engine Programmer

Next

We have indeed noticed performance issues on the latest release.

We performed optimizations on our post processing effect pipeline, which were released on Wednesday. Our guys also put a lot of hard work optimizing the new camera collision code. These changes were released yesterday.

Although these changes have improved performance we still haven’t solved the issue you guys are experiencing.
We have top men working on it right now! we will get to the bottom of this!

Thanks you guys for your patience.

(edited by FelipeRomero.4267)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Titan.8215

Titan.8215

We performed optimizations on our post processing effect pipeline, which were released on Wednesday. Our guys also put a lot of hard work optimizing the new camera collision code. These changes were released yesterday.

Although these changes have improved performance we still haven’t solved the issue you guys are experiencing.
We have top men working it right now and we will get to the bottom of this!

Thank you !

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Gigiobalt.7625

Gigiobalt.7625

Indeed thanks for the word, Romero. A lot of important information about our issues have been posted here.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: FelipeRomero.4267

Previous

FelipeRomero.4267

Lead Engine Programmer

Next

You guys are correct! We do not use Flash/Scaleform for our in-game UI. 90% of our UI technology is built in-house. We currently use Coherent to help us display web content (Launcher, BLTC)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Anemone.8913

Anemone.8913

Thank you for the replay. Hope your “top men” work fast but we’ve all seen them at work before…

FPS DROP after Patch

ikereid.4637

Thanks for the reply, But I really hope you guys are reading through the thread. Lots of good info in here.

I do not believe its the game engine as much as I feel its related to the CoherentUI.

If you disable the UI the game runs normally, even on max settings. Its really as simple as that. As you open more UI windows the FPS drops even more. Open inventory, get a FPS drop of 5-7, open the Guild Panel, FPS drops by 5 more, Open the WvW Panel, more FPS drops. Also, There is something going on with the UI that is driving the GPU usage up by at least 30%

Also, Coherent dropped support for the 1.x builds at the end of 2014. You are using 1.8.×.x in GW2, which is not fully supported anymore. If you are tacking on UI changes that ‘breaks’ the API Coherent isn’t going to help you guys with it unless you are running a 2.x Build from them. There were some UI elements changed in the last major patch, and now we all see a FPS drop with the UI enabled.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: LordAdre.8174

LordAdre.8174

Thanks man.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Fluorescence.4539

Fluorescence.4539

Thanks Felipe! Really really really looking forward to the fix o_o

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Ankr.5380

Ankr.5380

I do NOT want to hear anybody moaning about 60 FPS.

I have an i7 4710HQ, with an 860M GTX, with 16GB of ram. I had all the settings on highest, and I was playing comfortably. Even in WvW I never managed to drop below 100 FPS, in low population area’s, it would stick at 130 constant.

Edit: This is a Laptop, hence 860M

Then the update happened.

The first update, I could live with. I dropped to 50FPS at BEST. It would sometimes drop below even that. And so I played, I then slept, and then went to work, confident that Anet would resolve this issue!

And then I came home.

As I type now, I cant actually move my character without the screen stuttering. I’ve been reduced to 10FPS at max, on the lowest settings. SAY WHAT?

Yes, 10 FPS. I could understand if it was running from the Intel HD 4000 or whatever it is, but then even that should run at more than 10FPS on low settings.

If this persists, I won’t be able to play this game anymore.

—Worth mentioning, before anyone mentions it, my CPU is at 3% usage in a WvW map, and only 10% of ram is being used.

(edited by Ankr.5380)

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

I do NOT want to hear anybody moaning about 60 FPS.

I have an i7 4710HQ, with an 860M GTX, with 16GB of ram. I had all the settings on highest, and I was playing comfortably. Even in WvW I never managed to drop below 100 FPS, in low population area’s, it would stick at 130 constant.

Edit: This is a Laptop, hence 860M

Then the update happened.

The first update, I could live with. I dropped to 50FPS at BEST. It would sometimes drop below even that. And so I played, I then slept, and then went to work, confident that Anet would resolve this issue!

And then I came home.

As I type now, I cant actually move my character without the screen stuttering. I’ve been reduced to 10FPS at max, on the lowest settings. SAY WHAT?

Yes, 10 FPS. I could understand if it was running from the Intel HD 4000 or whatever it is, but then even that should run at more than 10FPS on low settings.

If this persists, I won’t be able to play this game anymore.

—Worth mentioning, before anyone mentions it, my CPU is at 3% usage in a WvW map, and only 10% of ram is being used.

they are working on this issue

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Purecura.1795

Purecura.1795

Thank you so much for the hard work you and everyone else working on this issue.

Lv.80 Chronomancer (Mesmerist Palamecia)
Lv.80 Scrapper (Alchemist Persenia)
Lv.80 Druid (Mender Zalintyre)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Jonasaurus.6170

Jonasaurus.6170

Thank you guys so much for helping! Whatever you did fixed it for me! I am running the game at 60 fps again! Thank you so much!

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Noble.2670

Noble.2670

Thank you guys so much for helping! Whatever you did fixed it for me! I am running the game at 60 fps again! Thank you so much!

theres been no fix put out yet?O.o nothing has changed for me, and i haven’t downloaded any patch today

Stupid Seven [sM]
my vids: https://tinyurl.com/sevenddelem

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

theres been no fix put out yet?O.o nothing has changed for me, and i haven’t downloaded any patch today

Same here, no patch or anything else, wtf and still not fix for me.

(edited by LordAdre.8174)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Zaruna.3812

Zaruna.3812

Not queit sure what changed, but when I open my inventory I don’t drop 9-10 FPS anymore, also just draggin UI screens like invent/guild around move way more smooth then before.

Right now my only issue is that I get random freezes where I go from 60fps to 0 for about 4-5 seconds, screen freezes but the sound acts like it’s working fine? If i’m jumping around and my screen freezes in mid-air, after abit the sound will play as if i just jumped off a rly high cliff and about to die. So basically the game still see’s me as falling just because I froze while in the air. And although I run a pretty old card ( GTX 260 ) I shouldn’t get random freezes with all settings low, specially since it’s stable at 60 most of the time. To me it seems more of a memory leak that freezes it?

Might not be related as the same issues others got here, but thought i’d share either way, who knows it get solved. XD

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: kindofabuzz.9357

kindofabuzz.9357

i don’t have this issue so i can’t test it .. is someone can check if disabling hardware acceleration in Flash Player can fix it ? i believe the UI /menu is made with flash ..

other thing may interfere .. like having a youtube video playing on a second screen . or having a web browser opened .. AERO desktop … etc etc ..

You have no idea what you’re talking about.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Please fix this fps issue asap.

FPS DROP after Patch

kindofabuzz.9357

Please fix this fps issue asap.

See above.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Nero.3654

Nero.3654

My guild mate make movie look

UI eat FPS

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

My guild mate make movie look

UI eat FPS

Oh yea ive seen this video already, was fun though. But we need to be patient now, they are apparantly working on it.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Nero.3654

Nero.3654

He forgot to open bank^^ same drop as inventory

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

New update available in 10minuts, I hope this update will fix this FPS issue <.<

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

+1 +1 +1 for “Top Men” That’s just an awesome post!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: JackDaniels.1697

JackDaniels.1697

Man I thought I was the only one experiencing this. Hopefully the update fixes it.

“I got a fever! And the only prescription, is more COWBELL!”

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

ok the update didnt fix the FPS issue. pfff

FPS DROP after Patch

Gigiobalt.7625

Nothing. My game still kitten.

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

every time I have hope when I see new update, then im disapointed lol

FPS DROP after Patch

Titan.8215

No notes for this patch, is weird.

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

No notes for this patch, is weird.

yea I was looking for the patch note, seems like there isnt hmmm.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: alteriel valie.4751

alteriel valie.4751

They didn’t update the Game Update Notes thread,wait until tomorrow!!

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Barret.4095

Barret.4095

i hope they optimize the camera stuff some more cause my game is not quite performing as good as it was pre patch. i have noticed an improvement since yesterday though.

“For those whose time and dedication went above and beyond, only to achieve mediocrity”

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

we wont have this issue fixed for the next days/week for sure u.u

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Kinook.1497

Kinook.1497

didnt have the issue before the 30 min ago update. i usually had about 30, game was fluent, no problems. Now i have 5 FPS, max 8, game’s unplayable. Not posting this to complain, just stating the fact that the update made it worse and bugged me too.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: fenthal.6592

fenthal.6592

Hey guys, have you tried to repair the game client with the -repair argument? I had the FPS issue, and after the repairing, it seems that the game works fine now. Maybe I was just lucky, I don’t know

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

Hey guys, have you tried to repair the game client with the -repair argument? I had the FPS issue, and after the repairing, it seems that the game works fine now. Maybe I was just lucky, I don’t know

yer ive tried it a bunch of times now

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

kindofabuzz.9357

Yes, did nothing for me.

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

Did u got back all ur pre patch FPS by repairing the client ?!

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Phyllo.3174

Phyllo.3174

yeah repaired re downloaded the client so yeah i would just wait till they patch or update on the situation

The very first recorded versions of Phyllo Dough are in Turkish cuisine.

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

I want to go in WvW but its freaking impossible to play unless I hide the UI <.<

FPS DROP after Patch

Titan.8215

Repaired but nothing

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Atuq.5768

Atuq.5768

FWIW it would be very nice if there was a middle ground in the UI toggle that showed only the skillbar/health-globe and hid all the other UI.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: MrH.2591

MrH.2591

We have top men working on it right now! we will get to the bottom of this!

Wonderful news! Any extra frame rate would be really great for WvW and World Bosses especially. A guy on Reddit made a video showing the UI drops here: https://youtu.be/JTofdajvMoo

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Scott.1653

Scott.1653

thankyou felipe for the update

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

was hoping the latest patch was going to be a ninja fix, but nope, the issue remains

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

Gigiobalt.7625

And another build. And my game still kitten. At least this time we have the build notes…

“Bug Fixes:
Fixed client crashes.
Fixed server crashes.
Fixed an issue that caused the warrior’s Fierce Shot skill to deal too much damage.
(edited about 2 minutes ago by Mark Katzbach.9084)”

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

The patch notes if finally up, we gotta wait for the fps issue —’