[February] Issues with character art, weapons, or armor?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Dvalin.7825

Dvalin.7825

Race: Sylvari

Hair animations for female sylvari are too extreme while moving on land and underwater. All hair styles with leaves draping over the face now gets pushed back a lot and clips into the face and head. The hair style in the attached screenshots shows what it looks like stationary and what it looks like while in motion now.

Attachments:

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Race: Asura
Class: Guardian

Armor:
-Electromagnetic Helm
-Electromagnetic Epaulets
-Electromagnetic Plate
-Electromagnetic Gloves
-Electromagnetic Leggings
-Electromagnetic Boots

Weapons: Peacemaker’s hammer, Peacemakers shield, Diamond aegis

The electromagnetic epaulets clip into my character’s chest while in combat (attachment 1), while underwater (attachment 2), and while in cutscenes(attachment 4). Idle animations cause clipping as well, but it’s more difficult to see. The floating crystals also clip through shields(attachment 3), as well as through my character’s head while swimming(attachment 2). My character’s ears also clip through his helmet while in combat (attachment 3).

It really bothers me that an armor set that costs so much gold to acquire could be so unpolished as to only look good on a static model.

Attachments:

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Alexandra Triplett.1280

Previous

Alexandra Triplett.1280

Next

Ever since I bought the Flame Legion Mask (Light armor Citadel of Flame headgear), I have been having a load of issues with the graphics for my head itself. -Snip!-

Hey thanks for the in-depth report, you added a lot of great information! Does this issue happen every time you die/zone, or just sometimes? Have you transmuted this helm at all? Do you notice that it happens in one area, or everywhere?

Other people who have this issue are also welcome to answer these questions. Thanks!

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

Armor:
-Electromagnetic Helm
-Electromagnetic Epaulets
-Electromagnetic Plate
-Electromagnetic Gloves
-Electromagnetic Leggings
-Electromagnetic Boots

Weapons: Peacemaker’s hammer, Peacemakers shield, Diamond aegis

The electromagnetic epaulets clip into my character’s chest while in combat (attachment 1), while underwater (attachment 2), and while in cutscenes(attachment 4). Idle animations cause clipping as well, but it’s more difficult to see. The floating crystals also clip through shields(attachment 3), as well as through my character’s head while swimming(attachment 2). My character’s ears also clip through his helmet while in combat (attachment 3).

It really bothers me that an armor set that costs so much gold to acquire could be so unpolished as to only look good on a static model.

the helmet clips through the ears?

OH GOD PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP.

it’s the reason i made an asura warrior

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: cubed.2853

cubed.2853

Could you tell us anything to the weapon art issue regarding the pact weapons having only visible effects in preview and not equipped?

Would be great to know if this is subjected to change some day or maybe never.

The pact warhorn looks so awesome in preview and it makes me so sad it does not pulse in my hand :-(

it was written…

(edited by cubed.2853)

Posted by: Nathriel.3879

Nathriel.3879

Ever since I bought the Flame Legion Mask (Light armor Citadel of Flame headgear), I have been having a load of issues with the graphics for my head itself. -Snip!-

Hey thanks for the in-depth report, you added a lot of great information! Does this issue happen every time you die/zone, or just sometimes? Have you transmuted this helm at all? Do you notice that it happens in one area, or everywhere?

Other people who have this issue are also welcome to answer these questions. Thanks!

I haven’t tried to transmute the mask as of yet. It’s still the same as when I bought it.
And yes, it happens every time I change zones or die, no matter the zone. At least, so far it has happened in Diessa Plateau, Plains of Ashford, Black Citadel, Lion’s Arch and Bloodtide Coast and inside the Ascalonian Cattacombs dungeon. From that, I assume it occurs in every zone.

Posted by: SuperSpicyCurry.2415

SuperSpicyCurry.2415

Race: Sylvari
Profession: Warrior

The glow pattern that shows at night on of the model’s legs gets a bit messed up when wearing the PvP pit fighters set. Unsure if the issue occurs with all ‘skirt’ type armors but with the pit fighters set it does.

Armor
Helmet(Hidden): PvP Heavy Helm
Shoulders: PvP Pit Fighter’s Shoulderguard
Chest: PvP Reinforced Scale Coat
Arms: PvP Pit Fighter’s Wrist Guards
Legs: PvP Pit Fighter’s Skirt
Feet: PvP Reinforced Scale Boots

Attachments:

Posted by: azazil.9541

azazil.9541

Problem : – Armor/clothing art issues (textures, placement, clipping…)

Race: Human
Profession: Hunter
Armor Type : Medium

Helmet: Anonymity Hood
Shoulders: Vigil Shoulderpads
Chest: Berserker’s Duelist Coat
Arms: Shaman Reward Gauntlets
Legs: Vigil Leggings
Feet: Whispers Boots

Source of problem – Legs: Vigil Leggings

I know this problem reported before but the vigil legs definitely cause the middle portion of the character model to be cut in half also clipping with boots. ( btw at the first picture, changed leggings color to royal rose for showing clipping issue with the boots )

Yea this alt toon only Lv14 but what can i say i like to play with good looking – you can say sexy – characters God bless to all those amazing Transmutation Stones.

Attachments:

Posted by: Andy.9137

Andy.9137

Race: Humam
Profession: Guardian

Armor set: Protector’s set, human cultural tier 3 (available from Firenzia Cultural Armorsmith Tier 3 in Divinity’s Reach)

Weapon issue: Foefire’s Essence

note it would appear the graphical glitch is present with all races/gender/armor

Problem: The greastsword Foefire’s Essence seems to become completely transparent when overlapped against a character model, which can be seen while the weapon is sheathed with the camera angle behind the character as seen in one of the screenshots below. The graphical glitch is not present on the Hero Panel or the preview screen.

First screenshot: View behind the character with the weapon sheathed showing most of the blade and the hilt invisible while against the character.

Second screenshot: View from the side of the character showing the weapon sheathed and visible while against the background of the map.

Third screenshot: Another view with the weapon totally visible with the background of the map

Fourth screenshot: View from behind the character in the Hero Panel with the graphic glitch not present

Attachments:

(edited by Andy.9137)

Posted by: Lucas Raven.2340

Lucas Raven.2340

Race: Charr

Weapon issue: Trinity Buckler of Ghost Slaying. (Fine transmutation combination of the level 80 shield from Ascalonian Catacombs and the Trinity Buckler shield granted from story missions.)

Armor equipped in Screenshot:

Head: Explorer’s Gladiator Helm of the Pirate
Shoulders: Explorer’s Gladiator Pauldrons of the Pirate
Body: Berserker’s Pit Fighter Chest of the Pirate
Gloves: Explorer’s Gladiator Gauntlets of the Pirate
Legs: Berserker’s Pit Fighter Legs of the Pirate
Feet: Warband Boots of the Traveler

NOTE: This issue will occur with full Ascalonian dungeon armor as well. It likely happens with all armors.

Problem: “Trinity Buckler” shield skin is clipping through the left arm of the character. As far as I know this shield skin is only obtainable through story missions. When unsheathed, the shield is clipped through the upper arm of the character. Prior to January 28, this issue never occurred.

Attachments:

(edited by Lucas Raven.2340)

Posted by: killeraled.1950

killeraled.1950

race: asura
class: ranger
problem: bow moving on the back

bow is moving off the asuras back

world: fissure of woe
level: 12 (pic was taken hour ago so it says lvl 8 )

Attachments:

i am a hunter you don’t see me, you just die

(edited by killeraled.1950)

Posted by: killeraled.1950

killeraled.1950

the post above needs more than on picture so il post again

look at the bow

Attachments:

i am a hunter you don’t see me, you just die

Posted by: Chiubi.4831

Chiubi.4831

Race: Norn
Sex: Female
Class: Elementalist

Armor: Heritage armor (light version)
Problem with: Hand Armor

→ The characters hand is clipping and flickering

Posted by: Zania.8461

Zania.8461

Class: Necromancer (any light armor)
Item(s): Nightmare Shoes (light armor foot armor from Twilight Arbor dungeon set)

Issue: Shoes are missing their soles. I don’t like feeling like a hobbit. Screenshot shows both the preview panel of the shoes as well as the running animation where you can clearly see the bare foot of the character.

Attachments:

Posted by: BadHabitZz.1856

BadHabitZz.1856

Class: Thief
Item: Aether

Issue: In preview the bow explodes every few seconds (ive tryed catch the explosion in character screen) but does no such thing when its eqiuped. Also i think its a bit higher on back then other bows. I dont know it those 2 things are intended or not but in my opinion it would look better if it was a little bit lower on back and the explosion is also very nice effect . After closer look i noticed the middle of Aether model isnt completely visible (same issue like Foefires Essence)…

EDIT: Also sometimes the model disappears completely (2nd image – this did not happened after me using stealth ability). My friend have same issues with Foefires essence it just randomly disappears after some abilites (i think my Aether did this after using Infiltrator’s Arrow) it shows immediately if you attack with it or using some abilites but i cant say what exactly causing this bug….

Attachments:

(edited by BadHabitZz.1856)

Posted by: Ryoki Hokishami.2756

Ryoki Hokishami.2756

this has been bugging me since launch.

equipment: Falconer Shoulderpads (tier 2 medium cultural armor for humans)
character: Human Thief, Male
issue: whenever a character is holding a bow, the shoulderpad clips through the arm. this is especially annoying because the armor was clearly designed with archers in mind (hence the name).
transmuted: yes, but the issue existed prior to transmuting.
tested with different weapons: yes. with any bow i tried equipping, my character would stand in that position, and thus trigger the arm clipping.

attached is a picture that shows how the shoulderpads look when i’m standing idle (with no issues), when i’m holding a shortbow (you can see it clipping through the arm), and when i’m holding a shortbow and wearing no armor other than those shoulderpads, to prove that the issue lies on the pads themselves. the picture also has the shoulderpad’s description box.

+1 this issue also exists with the whispers shoulderpads, duelist shoulderpads, and probably some other ones I can’t remember.

Posted by: Fenrir.3821

Fenrir.3821

Sex: Male
Class: Warrior
Item: Back Piece

Issue: My character’s back piece is ‘visually’ missing whenever i opened the Hero Menu (shortcut key = H). This is the same case with my other back piece.

No matter what i do (uncheck and rechecking it, unequipping and requipping it, breaking and repairing it, switching to other back piece, even repairing the game client), the bug is still unresolved.

However, my back piece can still be seen when during in-game environment.

Attachments:

Posted by: Revvile.7801

Revvile.7801

Sex: Male
Prof: Guardian
Armor: Town Clothes Headslot

The Headslot in town clothes is not showing. Since last patch, if you had toggled off your hat, the checkbox is no longer appearing, therefore these people are unable to show their hat.

Attachments:

Posted by: Barosmare.2196

Barosmare.2196

Ok so since last patch I have noticed some fishy things happening with my armor:
1. my Nobleman’s gloves are clipping with the sleaves from my chest armor witch didn’t happend before and now I purchased the Primeval armor skin to find out that looks different as well particulary the legging have that front bumper thing significantly shorter and oddly positioned such that I regret spending the 500gems now since before I absolutely loved the way it looked.
I don;t know if these bugs manifest to all races or not but on my norn female the do…
pls fix:(

Posted by: Arcain.9106

Arcain.9106

I’m used to seeing my weapons float around my body but this is just ridiculous now. The placement for the sword/pistol on my Mesmer has changed and now clips into my arms. This hasn’t happened before and I have a few screenshots that show that this came with the latest patch.

Screen 1 is the old placement.

Screen 2 is the new.

The change is not from the model animation or from camera angle because you can clearly see that both weapons now clip into my arms whereas early they sat comfortably on my waist.

Attachments:

Posted by: Zoralink.9836

Zoralink.9836

For the norn hairstyle in the picture featured, the hair appears glossy. It seems to be across all my characters (Who I made look identical.). I’m not sure if it applies to human males with the same hair style. I only noticed it after upgrading my graphics card and turning shaders on high, previously on medium where this effect doesn’t happen.

http://i.imgur.com/GWhwCA7.jpg

Posted by: P J G.6729

P J G.6729

Issue: The Flame Legion Pauldrons, which are purchased from the Citadel of Flame vendor in Lion’s Arch have some serious clipping issues. To be more specific, the ‘spike’ on the shoulders will impale the character through the face if they go into the combat stance with a greatsword equipped. It is actually a little painful to watch because the clipping is just that bad.

Attachments:

Posted by: afoot.6932

afoot.6932

Armor: Outlaw medium pants and coat
Gender/Race/Class: female norn thief
Character name: Fejra Afoute
Where armor came from: crafted level 25 medium armor

Issue:
While standing still, the pants clip through the coat in five places in the front and in three places in the back (the third place in the back is tiny, but noticeable as the character shifts around in place). While my character is moving backward, the pants clip all the way through the coat in the back. Since these pieces are in the same armor set, clipping is unacceptable. The clipping issue is probably due to my character’s height/body type combination (she’s close to max height).

Thank you!

Attachments:

(edited by afoot.6932)

Posted by: Rusc.4978

Rusc.4978

The underwater breather is not showing up on my character’s face in sPvP, neither in the lobby nor in the underwater section of Raid on the Capricorn.

Attachments:

Prosper

Brought to you by ArenaNet. Soon™.

Posted by: liburne.1749

liburne.1749

Hello
Profession: Mesmer
I had problems with the staff.
if you put a dampening chaotic, attacks the winds of chaos reduces the damage and duration of bleeding. Phase Retreat recharges 10 seconds, if you put a dampening chaotic, then 8 seconds. And if we put Illusionists Celerity, you will remain as 8 seconds, and should be 6.
this is as it should be or is it a bug?
I’m sorry if you have already written about this

Barosmare.2196

OK, just going to say it: I don’t really like how anet is handling this situation:
having every user experiencing issues post their problem and hopefully getting it fixed might seem ok but why not go back and see what the root of all these graphical abnormalities is in the first place instead of patching it up bit by bit?

What if I’m too lazy to start posting in detail with screenshot and all that? what if I don’t even know this forum exists? Does that mean that many of these issues will go unfixed? not every has the time to come here and document their problem or problems seeing that there can be more than just one when ppl have multiple item sets…

Quarktastic.1027

OK, just going to say it: I don’t really like how anet is handling this situation:
having every user experiencing issues post their problem and hopefully getting it fixed might seem ok but why not go back and see what the root of all these graphical abnormalities is in the first place instead of patching it up bit by bit?

What if I’m too lazy to start posting in detail with screenshot and all that? what if I don’t even know this forum exists? Does that mean that many of these issues will go unfixed? not every has the time to come here and document their problem or problems seeing that there can be more than just one when ppl have multiple item sets…

The issue with many of these clipping bugs is simply poor armor/animation design.

In my case, the armor was likely designed on a static model, but not playtested. Hence why it appears fine until my character starts moving around.

In other cases, it’s mix/matching that causes the problem. Being able to mix and match pieces from different armor sets sometimes causes clipping issues that the developers didn’t foresee.

There is not often a single “root of all graphical abnormalities.” This is a case where you cure the disease by treating the symptoms, rather than the cause.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Barosmare.2196

actually on my character everything was just fine until the patch, all my gear and even that Primevil heavy set from the jem store, now almost everything clips, on top of that the Primevil set looks almost unrecognizable especially the leg piece witch looks like it’s been chopped a foot short both front and back…. there’s definitely a common root to all the problems posted here

Posted by: Grendel.6471

Grendel.6471

Hi, I think I have a bug with the textures on the Falconer’s armor I just bought.

Unfortunately I did not try it on before transmuting but the in game texture is much lower quality than what you can see in the preview. I have max graphic settings and there is hardly any metallic effect on the metal pieces like he shoulder and neck in game while the preview looks completely different.

I’ve tried areas with different lighting and the textures are not even close to what you can see in preview or the hero tab. Attached are an in-game pic with the hero tab. the in game pic is a lower res texture and is less reflective. Is this because I transmuted it?

Attachments:

Quarktastic.1027

there’s definitely a common root to all the problems posted here

You mean YOUR problems. Your problems aren’t shared by everyone. My armor was broken from the day I bought it. Which was well before the Jan. 28 patch.

So post your issue and get in line with the rest of us. You can’t expect the developers to know every single bug in their code the moment it happens.

-BnooMaGoo.5690

Quarktastic.1027

Hi, I think I have a bug with the textures on the Falconer’s armor I just bought.

Unfortunately I did not try it on before transmuting but the in game texture is much lower quality than what you can see in the preview. I have max graphic settings and there is hardly any metallic effect on the metal pieces like he shoulder and neck in game while the preview looks completely different.

I’ve tried areas with different lighting and the textures are not even close to what you can see in preview or the hero tab. Attached are an in-game pic with the hero tab. the in game pic is a lower res texture and is less reflective. Is this because I transmuted it?

It’s the lighting. The preview window uses the character creation screen lighting. Which doesn’t seem to be utilized anywhere else in the game. Turning your shaders to “medium” will give metallic armor pieces more of a reflective surface.

-BnooMaGoo.5690

Barosmare.2196

there’s definitely a common root to all the problems posted here

You mean YOUR problems. Your problems aren’t shared by everyone. My armor was broken from the day I bought it. Which was well before the Jan. 28 patch.

So post your issue and get in line with the rest of us. You can’t expect the developers to know every single bug in their code the moment it happens.

I’m not talking just about my issues here and just the fact that your armor was broken from day 1 doesn’t mean every1’s else’s was.
This happened so many times back when I was playing wow… orc shoulder size after patch x, tauren weapon size after patch y and so so many more examples of that nature, it doesn’t take sherlock holmes to figure out a connection between these patched and the effects they have, hence they alter the game code in some way that screws with all this stuff

Posted by: Brandon.6483

Brandon.6483

Class: Warrior

Whenever I attack with my axe and have a shield equiped my shield goes through my arm and shoulders.

Attachments:

Posted by: Warlito.4506

Warlito.4506

Profession: Ranger
Armor in question: Berserker Duelist coat

Description: It’s a minor graphical error, but it definitely caught my eye. There’s a red vertical line on the coat of the duelist armor. No matter which dye you choose it will be there. I covered it up with some red dye, but you can still see the line.

Attachments:

Posted by: Rusc.4978

Rusc.4978

Sorry, I’m not sure if this counts as “character art,” but I saw this when I went to visit Lord Faren in my home instance today.

Also, can I mention that I find it very disappointing that Faren doesn’t share any special dialogue with my character? They were BFFs in the Noble storyline, after all.

Attachments:

Prosper

Brought to you by ArenaNet. Soon™.

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Profession: Engineer
Issue: (Glyphic) Pistols become embedded in character legs when equipping (medium) Prowler Pants in combination with Cultural T3 (medium) Chest

When using Prowler Pants (crafted through Leatherworking) in combination with the Asura T3 Chest, both of my Glyphic Pistols embed themselves into the legs of the character.

I believe I also noticed the same behaviour with other crafted medium pants. Pants found through other means (like the Outlaw Pants on the left) display the pistols normally when combined with the Asura T3 Cultural Chestpiece.

When the Prowler Pants are equipped solo, the pistols show up properly; but the pistols will embed themselves into the character’s legs as soon as the Cultural T3 Chestpiece is equipped.

Attachments:

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

(edited by Aveneo.2068)

Posted by: Gray Does.1693

Gray Does.1693

Hello. I don’t know who to tell this to so I am writing it here. When I got the Trait that increases the area of the Marks for my Necromancer what I have found is that the targeting doesn’t accurately show the new area of the Marks. Thus, when targeting the spells on the floor it shows the smaller area making it hard to accurately place the Mark.

Please check this.
Thank you,
Gray

Posted by: Desamos.1836

Desamos.1836

Any of you experience problems with your character’s hair, for example, mine being human and this style, running makes it look as if my character is broken lol.

Attachments:

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

hahaha she even looks sad/mad

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

Desamos.1836

hahaha she even looks sad/mad

I know right?

Desamos.1836

I wanted to inform Anet about the nightmare dungeon mask on medium armor humans. The top portion of the mask twitches (on my human male) character in and out of the forehead. This happens during shadows in the game. For examole if it was sunny and there was no shadow on my face the mask would be perfectly fine. But when its night time and the shader is filling my face you can see the top part mask twitch in and out as if a leach is on Ur head and is sucking Ur blood!

Posted by: Lyenyo.2891

Lyenyo.2891

race : human
class : all classes
armor : guild armor / sPvP basic armor
-appearance arround the neck, an diferent collour that you don’t see i charachter pannel or prewiew and is ugly

I’ve been having the same issue for months, it only happens with CERTAIN BREASTPLATES.

Breastplate causing the issue for me: Flame Legion Breastplate

As you can see, in the hero panel it appears fine but in reality, not so much. The neck will return to normal colour once I remove the above Breastplate.

Attachments:

(edited by Lyenyo.2891)

Posted by: Noxin.5602

Noxin.5602

Race: Charr
Class: Engineer /medium
Armor/weapon: One piece of the armor makes the arm go through shields.

http://i.imgur.com/tAf8I1L.jpg
Full Vigil armor. Transmuted over lvl80 crafted Noble armor. Here with a Ghostly Shield. I’ve checked with more shields, the error occurs then too.

http://i.imgur.com/mCJn34I.jpg
Nothing wrong here, but as soon as the Vigil Boots gets on…

http://i.imgur.com/wNckk7j.jpg
BAM! Arm is going through the shield again. I went through every armor piece and the Vigil Boots are the only one causing this to happen.

Attachments:

Posted by: krumhur.3207

krumhur.3207

Race: sylvari
Class/armor type: mesmer/light armor
armor: Honor of the Waves light armor shoulderguards

the issue is that during most (if not all) animations these pauldrons seem to behave wrong: instead of following the shoulder they end up higher or in front of it, resulting in some clipping problems.

1st screenshot shows the issue in combat stance (it gets worse when using skills)
2nd screenshot shows the issue during /sit animation, as you can see there is an empty space between the left shoulderguard and the shoulder itself

Race: sylvari
Class/armor type: mesmer/light armor
armor: Honor of the Waves light armor gloves

the issue here is about the metal band circling the character’s wrist

3rd screenshot – as you can see that small jewel-like part of the metal band is not aligned with the rest of the glove, it’s a bit to the right

thanks!

Attachments:

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

My skirt is really messing up my glow.

Sylvari
Male
Warrior
lvl 31

Vigorous Scale Helm
Chainmail Shoulders
Lionguard Breastplate of Divinity
Vigorous Scale Gauntlets
Bronson’s Heavy Leggings of Divinity
Waterproof Worn Chain Greaves of the Rata Sum

The problem is only with the “leggings,” they cause my Sylvari’s night glow texture to go completely haywire. I can take off every other piece of armour and nothing happens, it only goes away when I remove the leggings. Skirt. Whatever you want to call it.

Attachments:

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

With the title saying “issues” I would like to list out a bunch of armors that I would like to see either weird placement issues fixed, or another form of the same model become available. And there are far too many of them for screenshots, so here it goes:

Human Female, T2 heavy cultural boots: needs actual boots behind the metal “armor” for those of us who mix armor sets, in this case gladiator legs.

Norn Female, Vigil legs: has a very annoying clipping issue at the bottom of the leggings where they cut off, preferably the leggings should extend to the ankle, and the dyes should effect what appears to be trim on the piece separately instead of the blanket top/bottom options currently.

Norn Female: Vigil Shoulders: I would like to have a form available where the female models get the same skin as the males, currently the female humanoid (human, norn, sylvari) have an asymmetrical…thing… happening which is just eye bending for me, either add a symmetrical variant or build up that dinky leather thing on the opposite shoulder.

Norn Females: Shoulders in General: When mixing armor sets the vast majority of shoulder armors are either suffering from the:
Asymmetric Wtf Syndrome:
Norn Tier 1 and 2 medium shoulders
Norn t2 heavy shoulders
Vigil shoulders
Prower shoulders
Superior Studded
Whispers medium
Barbarian heavy
—It’s not that the shoulders have to be identical, but at least carry a similar appearance of bulk (the named armor set’s heavy shoulders are perfect examples of what I’m trying to say here), as I would use a lot of those in my mixed sets if it didn’t look awkwardly unbalancing.

Issue number 2 that especially strikes the Norn is the result of how the armor skins are both made as sets, and how they wrap around the Norn models… generally putting the shoulder pieces floating very strangely off of the character, made far, far worse when trying to combine sets. The biggest culprits:
Shadow (karma/crafted light)
Prowler
Drake scale
Outlaw
Vigil medium shoulders
Rascal
Gunner
Draconic
Priory Heavy
Whispers Heavy
Norn T2 cultural
—All these suffer from one or a mix of:
>The piece doesn’t hang over the shoulder (as on human and sylvari), and instead extends directly out, making it look awkward and frequently out of place.
>The piece is disproportionally large, probably a scaling issue from the Norn’s height
>The piece sits too far off the shoulder, either not touching at all with or without the rest of it’s proper set, or it was set awkwardly to fit onto it’s set, making it hang awkward when trying to mix armors.

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

Separate of armor, quite a few hair styles have an annoying tendency to clip through the character models.. Without knowing names, the general description of the culprits are the female model’s hair styles that involve long ponytail-like graphics that flow… during swimming especially, they fall through the character’s body and hang out through her belly, few times i wondered if she was packing the wrong kind of pistol in her shorts :P

On a similar note, especially on human and norn females (only really observed it on them) they seem to be “impaled on their shields” when carrying one on their back (sheathed) as the shield model hangs too close to their backs. The best way to fix this would be a more realistic way of slinging the shield: (straps aside) when I have visited groups who do reenactments, I’ve seen a number of them carrying the shield slung the same way a standard backpack might look if you only wore it over 1 shoulder instead of putting your arms through both the backpack’s straps… On a shield this might also make a little more sense for being able to rip it off your back and be at the ready in a hurry.

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

Race: Human.
Class/AT: Mesmer/Light.
Armor:

This is a forehead covering type of hairstyle that covers most of the forehead. Now, the hairstyle I have clips severely into my characters model while running, to where I see the bald skeleton underneath my actual hair model. It’s noticeable from the side too, as my head looks caved in and abnormal.

The issue I think is, the hairstyle flows backwards in animation but it goes too far. My hairstyle does this even when the helmet isn’t on.

Attachments:

(edited by Aylaine.1036)

Quarktastic.1027

Here’s another one.

Armor:
*Electroplated Epaulets
*Inquest Breastplate
*Inquest Gauntlets
*Electroplated Leggings
*Electroplated Boots

The electroplated leggings cause a small gap at the waist, which opens up into a hole when in combat. This occurs with other chest plates as well.

Attachments:

-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Turbofan.4569

Turbofan.4569

Please fix the Nightmare Torch.

As you can see by my screenshot the flame isn’t inside the torch… it’s way off centre.

Pretty dissapointed after spending 210 tokens on it =(

Attachments: