Female human only has 1 animation now

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Apparently they removed that animation with stretching your hands above your shoulders for human females.

Too confusing for new players? C’mon Anet that ain’t funny, I really liked that animation on my elementalist :/ (mine is fully clothed and I have no clipping issues)

(edited by CharrGirl.7896)

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

I just checked and it seems to be true, my female human characters only look around a bit, and occasionally brush their hair aside.

I understand that it made some shoulderpieces clip with the head but frankly, I never cared about that

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Posted by: Squeesidhe.4761

Squeesidhe.4761

Anet: add the old animations back.

And then go make some new ones and add those too.

For kitten’s sake, what are you guys freebasing over there? Get your kitten together!

Posted by: Kamui.4038

Kamui.4038

Apparently they removed that animation with stretching your hands above your shoulders for human females.

Too confusing for new players? C’mon Anet that ain’t funny, I really liked that animation on my elementalist :/

Exactly. My ele is like a lifeless husk now. I feel violated to be honest because they just took it away. I only hope this is a bug that will get fixed. I already made a thread in the bug forum.

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

Just great, something we didn’t ask for.

Posted by: TheDocSays.7628

TheDocSays.7628

Please bring back the idle animations! I love the variety! Now all my characters do is brush their hair back once.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

could it be to minimise server load with the mini change? as everyone and their dog is running with a mini?

Kamui.4038

could it be to minimise server load with the mini change? as everyone and their dog is running with a mini?

No. It’s either a bug or ANet kitten my characters.

Posted by: Vanive.3804

Vanive.3804

This has to be one of the stupidest threads ever created on this forum. Along with the emote rage thread.

lolol I didn’t notice it, maybe cause I rarely pay attention to other players and their emotes.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I highly doubt they removed the animations due to confusion. I’d be more apt to believe they did it due to all the kittening about the idle animations during story scenes and breaking immersion.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Maybe in order to prevent player confusion with idle animations they have incorporated it into the new unlock to gain method to their game play. Once you have mastered being completely immobile while idle for a long period of time it will unlock the not-idle animations?

/s

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

what meakes you think it’s a bug?

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

I’m guessing because there is no logical reason to remove the animation.

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Kamui.4038

Why else would it be missing? What logical reason would there be to just remove something like this?

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

ANET is simply taking any sexyness out of the female. Look at all the new armors.

Kamui.4038

ANET is simply taking any sexyness out of the female. Look at all the new armors.

It’s really, really, REALLY frustrating me.

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

My character hasn’t been idle so I didn’t notice this. Now I wonder what my character is going to do during the LS cinematics :/

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Posted by: Kenjo.9651

Kenjo.9651

A guildy just pointed this out to me not too long ago. I came here to check the patch notes and there doesn’t seem to be anything mentioning this. Was this change intentional Anet? I really hope it wasn’t and that it’s just a bug that’ll be fixed. I rather enjoyed the variety of idle animations on my characters and some of them even looked quite cute performing them. An answer on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

Found a solution!
I just renamed my character to Butch.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Honestly though, posting this more as feedback than anything else, that animation always bugged me. Especially on heavily armored female characters. While I am on the side of “Why on earth was this removed?” I am also on the side of “I like it gone”. If it is put back in, fine by me, but personally I won’t have issue if it is left removed.

It would be nice to hear the official reason, outside of simply a bug, that it was removed though. 2 years later…………is this the alpha or beta?

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

I do not know what it is but it almost looks like ‘quality-control’ inside Anet is very heavy focused on sexism but in an extreme feminist way of thinking (you know what I mean I hope, hard to explain).

You see, it’s when they stretching their hands above their shoulders they also put there breasts more up.

Female human characters also used to have a more ‘female-like walk’ and that also suddenly got taken out without any information about it or note in the changes or even a reaction on the forum after many people where upset by it. And as far as I know that’s still gone.

@Oxidia So why this is stupid? It was one of the better animation and give a little bit more ‘live’ to a character.

(edited by Devata.6589)

Posted by: Pyska.1457

Pyska.1457

Coming soon to the gem store , idle animations for 800 gems each.

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Bring it back!

Kamui.4038

Come on ANet, this is ridiculous. You have honestly gone too far. Dealing with the patch is bad enough but now you are making it personal, assuming this was intentional (for WHATEVER ridiculous reason that is). Bring it back..

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

That is just sad. I can already see some people defending this, which is even sadder.

Kamui.4038

I do not know what it is but it almost looks like ‘quality-control’ inside Anet is very heavy focused on sexism but in an extreme feminist way of thinking (you know what I mean I hope, hard to explain).

You see, it’s when they stretching their hands above their shoulders they also put there breasts more up.

Female human characters also used to have a more female-like ‘walk’ and that also suddenly got taken out without any information about it or note in the changes or even a reaction on the forum after many people where upset by it. And as far as I know that’s still gone.

@Oxidia So why this is stupid? It was one of the better animation and give a little bit more ‘live’ to a character.

Don’t remind me. They seem to be doing whatever the hell they want and “TO HELL WITH THE PLAYERS.” The little things are what keep people around and they just keep removing what good this game had and replacing it with some neutered bullkitten or nothing at all. I picked human FEMALES, not a MALES or “gender indeterminates.” I picked them because of the very things that ArenaNet appears to be taking away.

This better just be a bug and not some intentional action on their part. Either way they have to fix this. I was already at the tipping point and this has pushed me off the edge. Nothing is sacred anymore!

(edited by Kamui.4038)

nexxe.7081

They might as well make everyone’s character look like the new Standard Models in SPvP.

Posted by: Ashariel.8490

Ashariel.8490

Anet, please don’t mess with the player character, especially when people are used to their character for a long time, it’s quite an important rule in MMO territory.

Bring back the missing idle animations.

Kamui.4038

Anet, please don’t mess with the player character, especially when people are used to their character for a long time, it’s quite an important rule in MMO territory.

Bring back the missing idle animations.

Players grow attached to their characters, especially when we have invested so much in them.

You speak the truth, completely. This has been the most depressing thing I’ve had to face when logging into what appears like a completely different game and not the one I bought years ago. The other actions they took were frustrating and downright enraging, but this just saps the life out of me and my characters.

Posted by: TheDocSays.7628

TheDocSays.7628

Apparently they also changed the way character models walk as well.

Please bring that back too! I am attached to my characters and this is ridiculous!

Posted by: Yenrah.8532

Yenrah.8532

I levelled 4 human females because of the animation… Now they just stand there looking silly…

Posted by: calyx.9086

calyx.9086

I highly doubt they removed the animations due to confusion. I’d be more apt to believe they did it due to all the kittening about the idle animations during story scenes and breaking immersion.

Screw immersion. It’s a video game, no one is a hero, and pretending to be isn’t going to change that.

I mean, I’m fine with it when it doesn’t impact other parts of the game, but when they remove little bit and pieces that add to the general aesthetics of the game so that someone can pretend to be part of some badly written fairy tale….

Posted by: mrrehino.6742

mrrehino.6742

sigh. this doesn’t sound cool.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

What kinds of animations (and armors) for female characters are favored by Chinese players? Could this be more, for lack of a better term, culture shock?

The table is a fable.

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

This has to be one of the stupidest threads ever created on this forum. Along with the emote rage thread.

+1
How much attention to their characters do people really pay? I’ve been playing for just about a year now and literally 2 weeks ago I discovered that GW2 has jiggle physics and that boobs bounce. If I hadn’t seen multiple threads about it here and on reddit I probably would have never noticed that the idle animations had been changed. Why do people actually care about this. Most MMO’s don’t even give characters voices (unless it’s a cutscene) let alone extensive idle animations.

EDIT: Also, I really hated the idle animations on human female anyway. They looked ditzy and ridiculous like they were some kind of stuck up kitten at a frat party waiting for some dude to come compliment her on her boob job.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Kamui.4038

I levelled 4 human females because of the animation… Now they just stand there looking silly…

All my characters have been as well. It’s really the only race/sex I like to play in this game, and every kitten update seems to be taking all of that away little by little.

ANet, this is too far. I’m drawing the line here before it gets even worse and my characters all turn into male or neutered ones.

nexxe.7081

+1
How much attention to their characters do people really pay? I’ve been playing for just about a year now and literally 2 weeks ago I discovered that GW2 has jiggle physics and that boobs bounce. If I hadn’t seen multiple threads about it here and on reddit I probably would have never noticed that the idle animations had been changed. Why do people actually care about this. Most MMO’s don’t even give characters voices (unless it’s a cutscene) let alone extensive idle animations.

That’s not the point. Animations give life to the character models. It’s what makes them different from other races, or static objects such as a chair. You don’t notice it because it’s a subtle passive effect.

Posted by: Belad.5817

Belad.5817

So many recent changes are made upon Chinese release of the game.

Arena Net, we are WESTERN audience. We have WESTERN expectations about the game.

You’re screwing GW2 over. Don’t you dare screw this game over. This IS personal.

Kamui.4038

+1

EDIT: Also, I really hated the idle animations on human female anyway. They looked ditzy and ridiculous like they were some kind of stuck up kitten at a frat party waiting for some dude to come compliment her on her boob job.

Yeah? Well guess what, I don’t care that you hated it, nor do I care about this fantasy situation you concocted to legitimize your irrational hatred for it. They took from our characters, they violated our characters, and they are making our characters hollowed out husks.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Why the hell would they remove this…

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I miss the squirmy one where she puts her hand on her hips and kicks the ground a bit and rubs her thighs together.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Kamui.4038

+1

That’s not the point. Animations give life to the character models. It’s what makes them different from other races, or static objects such as a chair. You don’t notice it because it’s a subtle passive effect.

That is correct. It’s also a matter of principles and ANet constantly doing whatever the hell they want with NO regard for us. They outright took from people’s characters and gave us a Norn female idle. I didn’t roll a Norn female, I rolled a human, and I rolled a human because she was more feminine.

What’s next ANet? What other violations of people’s characters are you going to do? I never consented to this – no one has – and yet they keep doing it apparently.

Kamui.4038

I miss the squirmy one where she puts her hand on her hips and kicks the ground a bit and rubs her thighs together.

Me too. Now my characters are about as interesting as driftwood.

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

This just comfirms that people will NEVER be satisfied whatever anet does. This kittenstorm of profanity comming their way just because they removed human female idle animation? Are you serious?? That’s why we can’t have nice things.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

That is hilarious, expected, and very sad.

Doesn’t meet the healthy and appropriate philosophy, I guess.

Things we’ll never see in the game again. Sadly, I don’t have one with my lion mini-pet out in the world with me to put a bow on it.

Attachments:

Posted by: Ashariel.8490

Ashariel.8490

This just comfirms that people will NEVER be satisfied whatever anet does. This kittenstorm of profanity comming their way just because they removed human female idle animation? Are you serious?? That’s why we can’t have nice things.

Why would people be satisfied of the removal of idle animations ?

Devata.6589

So many recent changes are made upon Chinese release of the game.

Arena Net, we are WESTERN audience. We have WESTERN expectations about the game.

You’re screwing GW2 over. Don’t you dare screw this game over. This IS personal.

In fact I think the Chinese (Asian) market is even way more tollerate to this sort of things then the western.
Here is a great example: http://my.mmosite.com/1cd10251c16a43d090e2399862b464a2/blog/item/1c8e968e01d15c1fdfee5b36fccf123e.html

(edited by Devata.6589)

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Well, no idle animation, but here’s one with me and Elsa. Would have loved the sturdy leather backpack to finish off the look. Oh well.

I just wish someone would explain why we can’t have those things. Also have a few old stills of the old running animation. It doesn’t really do it justice, but you can’t ever duplicate them.

Attachments:

Devata.6589

That is hilarious, expected, and very sad.

Doesn’t meet the healthy and appropriate philosophy, I guess.

Things we’ll never see in the game again. Sadly, I don’t have one with my lion mini-pet out in the world with me to put a bow on it.

Do you really have to post such inappropriate images?

Posted by: Athena.3579

Athena.3579

Uhmm… Why would anyone, that’s not a troll, be satisfied about this?

Can we have the old animations put back in please? I don’t understand why these were removed. Why are there so many things taken away in these feature patches? Even the small things add up.