in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Terrorpin.9025

Terrorpin.9025

ANET PLS WHY ARE YOU TAKING SO LONG

Female human only has 1 animation now

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

If the problem is the occasional clipping with large shoulder pieces (WoW aesthetic…), then just rework it slightly and make them stretch the arms to the sides or forward. That would look badkitten actually.

EDIT: Somehow it filters the entire word to “kitten”. I modified it, it’s now atleast “badkitten”, so you can probably guess what I meant. But yes, it’s a positive word, not a swear word.

(edited by Jamais vu.5284)

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

soo an animation interferes with a small aspect of the game, in a very small snippet of content, for a small number of people, and a huge proportion of the playerbase is impacted?

Why not, just, yno… address that specific issue? If idle animations interfere with cutscenes (and i can see how they might, most races have a ‘bored’ idle) – stop idles within cutscenes.

Posted by: BIGHARSHNESS.3510

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

If the problem is the occasional clipping with large shoulder pieces (WoW aesthetic…), then just rework it slightly and make them stretch the arms to the sides or forward. That would look badkitten actually.

EDIT: Somehow it filters the entire word to “kitten”. I modified it, it’s now atleast “badkitten”, so you can probably guess what I meant. But yes, it’s a positive word, not a swear word.

Seeing as everything clips on a Charr, the removal of animations shouldn’t be reason because a few skins clip. Otherwise, you’d have to remove the swimming animation too where shoulders clip into the face.

Posted by: AzureWolf.9150

AzureWolf.9150

A few more “idle” animations wouldn’t be bad, for all the races/genders. After a while the swaying of the arms back and forth seems a bit weird

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

The release of the expansion would have been the perfect time to bring these back. Throw that switch finally.

Posted by: GragorR.9768

GragorR.9768

“Yes guys, its still in the queue and we’ll get to it eventually. We’re sorry but we’re doing the best we can with the HoT release and all the bug fixes’’

‘’At this time it’s not something we’re considering any more, because there are many other things we need to focus on.’’

‘’NEVER! we don’t care so stop pestering us!’’

Any of the above examples would satisfy me at this point. At least having an update on the issue to know if it’s still in the works. Or then at least give us some closure so we can nerdrage and eventually move on.

- BG -

(edited by GragorR.9768)

Posted by: Phantom Master.9582

Phantom Master.9582

…. Not fixed yet, I seriously don’t understand why…
Why is your transparency so bottom barrel rotten grease terrible Anet?
If you aren’t bringing these back, then freaking tell us.

R80 Mesmer- Inquisitor Amena
Eternity~!

Posted by: GenoGar.5497

GenoGar.5497

At this point, I would rather have an /idle emote just to bring back those animations.

Posted by: Phantom Master.9582

Phantom Master.9582

At this point, I would rather have an /idle emote just to bring back those animations.

At this point I agree with you, the ’’dramatic’’ cutscenes represent below 0.1% of our gameplay. They legitimately purposely removed them because some vocal minority were crying about that 0.1% of their gameplay, not even a FIX but a straight out removal.

R80 Mesmer- Inquisitor Amena
Eternity~!

Posted by: Vahlian.5213

Vahlian.5213

Sad they still haven’t fixed this T_T

Posted by: nocturne.2841

nocturne.2841

Well, I cannot sort the bug thread by replies or views, but apart from the threads collecting lots of threads into one topic this one is among the top if not the top thread in the bug area … maybe you should seriously consider taking back your hack of a fix and reintroduce these anims no matter whether or not you actually develop an almost non required fix for dramatic cutscenes. And just to put this into perspective – yes, I may not quit over this( else I would have done so) – but it counts towards the negatives that accumulate and it has some weight. And I did take breaks from this and other games, sometimes even for very long times when their aggregate disappointment added up enough.
This is a great game with a lot of facets that allows a lot of people to find stuff they like, but it certainly seems like a collaboration of experimental code snippets with no consistency and quite a few unneccessarily ill decisions more often than I’d expect.
Then again maybe I am just getting too old and intolerant after freelancing 30+ years in IT and all the other 400+ replies and 35k+ views are just as worthless.
Kind regards.

Posted by: Norrath.5910

Norrath.5910

Wish they would fix this since cutscenes are no longer a thing..

Ranger/Warrior/Rev Main
Valor Guard [VGU]
Ehmry Bay

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

Yeah can’t believe they still havn’t updated after they promised more news.

They had the tools to fix a year ago.

Attachments:

(edited by John.8507)

Posted by: Cronos.6532

Cronos.6532

Yikes, 14 months?!

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
etherealguardians.com

Posted by: Miraki.6578

Miraki.6578

Wow, what a joke. Can we get someone, anyone – at this point i really don’t care if it’s Martha down at accounting – from Anet to give us an update on this? Have you scrapped this or what? I don’t see why it’s so hard to just let us know “we’re working on it” or “we’re preoccupied with other stuff.”

It’s the not knowing and none of you over there talking to us that’s more annoying than the kitten bug by now. As John pointed out, you had the resources to fix this over a year ago and we haven’t heard jack since. It’s not fair to your players!

Unbelievable.

Posted by: Kahli.4325

Kahli.4325

This does need some attention.
/Signed

Posted by: Kapy.9387

Kapy.9387

Indeed
/Signed

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Unfortunately, only players pay it any.

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

Hopefully in January?

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

Posted by: Cronos.6532

Cronos.6532

Hopefully in January?

january 2017

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
etherealguardians.com

Posted by: Ekhetrima.9651

Ekhetrima.9651

I still miss these.

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

I still miss these.

We all miss these… we all do. ;_; I keep telling myself to never lose hope.

Posted by: RandomWolf.3986

RandomWolf.3986

I have contacted Support. A couple of Game Masters replied to me that this issue has not been ignored. I’m leaning to believe them but it has been over a year and this issue, when compared to many others, it’s not something really hard to work on. If they manage to remove with such ease, why can’t they put it back? Some NPCs still have it and now the Human Females have a new bug related to their left arm which switches position everytime an animation ends.

I never got to see this idle in-game and it’s really sweet.

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

I have contacted Support. A couple of Game Masters replied to me that this issue has not been ignored. I’m leaning to believe them but it has been over a year and this issue, when compared to many others, it’s not something really hard to work on. If they manage to remove with such ease, why can’t they put it back? Some NPCs still have it and now the Human Females have a new bug related to their left arm which switches position everytime an animation ends.

I never got to see this idle in-game and it’s really sweet.

That’s interesting to know. At least you got a response. Good to hear. Gives me a tiny bit of hope.

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Can we see some progress?

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

Nothing in the January update so far.

RandomWolf.3986

You guys better forget. The animations won’t see their light of the day anytime soon.

GragorR.9768

I can confirm that BnS has some pretty neat human female idle animations… just saiyan.

- BG -

Posted by: Nivessa.4258

Nivessa.4258

So from the Guild Chat, a streamer complained about inventory buttons being too close together, and Anet is going to change it, but yet after almost 2 years and several posts about this, Anet does nothing? And on top of it all, now the female humans left arm bugs out when stopped from an animation, such as running. Just wow…..

Posted by: Yoruichi.7295

Yoruichi.7295

I support you guys.

I would love to see back the old animation of the Female Human !

(edited by Yoruichi.7295)

GragorR.9768

Another bug fix/polish update and not a single kitten given about this issue.
But hey at least there’s yet another glider skin in the gemstore… sigh.

- BG -

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

Another bug fix/polish update and not a single kitten given about this issue.
But hey at least there’s yet another glider skin in the gemstore… sigh.

Thing is, nobody would mind new gemstore stuff if we wouldn’t have such a “bug” for such a long time go unfixed. Not only was it not fixed but there is zero communication about it. (What was there months ago is also very confusing.)

I bet that the developer who made the tools is not working at the company anymore and nobody else understands how to rig animations. Now we are waiting until Anet’s HR dept. hires an intern who can do it.

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Anna, “Let it go, let it goooooo” jking

Posted by: Kisai Hikaru.1052

Kisai Hikaru.1052

I understand that an idle character animation issue is not as important a bug-fix as, say, an event bugging up, a bug preventing story progress or this new bug where you’re reset to where you enter the map but… well it’s been well over a year now I want my chronomancer to be able to stretch her arms like she used to!

Posted by: Razor.6845

Razor.6845

I guess with esports, the few glider wing colors that we are still missing and the pile of bugs out there, this is not likely to see the light of day, but it makes me sad.

I just rewatched the old Commando profession video and a few of these animations reminded me of this thread. Glad to see people still care. Too bad Anet doesn’t seem to.

It seems crazy but I’d pay gem to re-enable them on my account.

Posted by: MrFayth.3546

MrFayth.3546

Don’t give them ideas..Please. I can see it now

• New Item in the Gem Store
    How To Idle (vol 1) for 1867 gems!
i5 4690k @4.1ghz, r7 260x 1180/1680,8Gb G.skill Ripjaw 2133, 120gb ssd Gw2+OS

Posted by: Frosty.7596

Frosty.7596

I’ll do one better – I still don’t have HoT, but if they fixed this then I would probably buy it.

GragorR.9768

http://help.guildwars2.com/entries/98802888

As of now, this issue didn’t make the list.

- BG -

(edited by GragorR.9768)

Posted by: Razor.6845

Razor.6845

I tried to report this issue to get it back on the list, but it isn’t there yet.

Hopefully, it will show up eventually.

Posted by: Heartpains.7312

Heartpains.7312

Anet can just tell us if they want to put it back or not, no need for us to suffer continuously really =/

Just be honest and tell us if you want to bring it back or working on it or not going to put it again, being honest is not a bad thing after all.

Thank you.

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

I don’t know if this is new or how long its been like this, but Norn females only have one animation as well, and its the same exact animation as human.

Posted by: Esper.8253

Esper.8253

Another big patch and more silence on this issue. I think we can assume this has been buried and forgotten long ago.

GragorR.9768

Edit:

As a former gw2 player who used to play regularly and spent hundreds of $ on this game every year, it’s things like this that made me quit the game. This particular issue might not be the number one reason why i’m not enjoying the game anymore, but it’s definitely played a role in my loss of interest so i just want to emphasize how disheartening this thread has been as a whole and how it ended up impacting my commitment to this game.

Just to quickly recap, this issue has been reported almost two years ago, and as this thread gained traction and got merged with other threads asking for the animations to be fixed or put back in, Gaile Gray eventually jumped in and announced that the issue was actively being looked at and that it would probably take some time since they need to assign a dev to reconfigure the animation parcels.

Well that was over a year ago, and since then, there hasn’t been any news or update despite many players asking for exactly that. So what we’re left with here is an issue that has been known for over two years, an issue that was aknowledged as needing fixing, and a big whole lot of nothing since then.

I know this isn’t the end of the world or even such a big issue at all, but the way it was handled left a pretty sour taste in my mouth, just like many things that have / haven’t been done since HoT’s release. I’m left with the impression that ANet just doesn’t care, or even have enough respect for it’s paying customers to provide them with an update, because who cares right?. Well I don’t… not anymore.

That’s it for me, it’s the little things that used to make this game great, and like a lot of other little things, this one is gone, and so is my wallet.

- BG -

(edited by GragorR.9768)

Posted by: Haellymm.3801

Haellymm.3801

This is ridiculous!

I’ve played this game for a while, then stopped and came back recently. Now I’ve learned that they have removed animations from the game, considered the removal a ‘bug’ and then left the community in the dark? Who does this?

Seriously.. does ArenaNet even care? Can’t anyone just update this issue…? Many people liked these idles. Seeing female characters brushing their helms isn’t something I like to watch endlessly.

Posted by: Haellymm.3801

Haellymm.3801

Yeah can’t believe they still havn’t updated after they promised more news.

They had the tools to fix a year ago.

That’s just sad… false promises..

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Apparently the Asura idle animations got updated somewhat recently according to this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4m3p8q/unmentioned_idle_animation_changes/

WHY are Human Females still being ignored again?!

RandomWolf.3986

The update on the asura idles is quite interesting, but us Human Female players are still left in the dark and that’s just wrong. The Staff can’t pretend that we are not here, because we are, and we’re not gonna give up.

Posted by: spartan.9421

spartan.9421

Why did you people necro a dead post?

Worrying is like a rocking chair: You go back and forth but never get anywhere.

(edited by spartan.9421)

RandomWolf.3986

Why did you necro people necro a dead post?

To make sure this doesn’t die.