Female human only has 1 animation now

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Exactly that reason. We want our animations back and seeing Asura get an update to theirs and Sylvari still swingin’ their arms around grinning like fools while ours were called “immersion breaking” is ridiculous. :P

Posted by: Nivessa.4258

Nivessa.4258

Yeah, so after todays patch, where are the human female idles? Been so long without them, and without a dev reply which we were supposed to get at some point. Come on ANet, people would really like to have their characters back. :/

Posted by: BIGHARSHNESS.3510

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

Why did you necro people necro a dead post?

This post has never really been dead if you look at the time stamps. It has several posts every month.

Posted by: spartan.9421

spartan.9421

Exactly that reason. We want our animations back and seeing Asura get an update to theirs and Sylvari still swingin’ their arms around grinning like fools while ours were called “immersion breaking” is ridiculous. :P

I’ pretty sure asura never actually got an update to their animations.

Worrying is like a rocking chair: You go back and forth but never get anywhere.

Posted by: RandomWolf.3986

RandomWolf.3986

Well you need to look again.

Posted by: spartan.9421

spartan.9421

I have looked. the whole head scratching thing isn’t new.

Worrying is like a rocking chair: You go back and forth but never get anywhere.

RandomWolf.3986

The facial expressions have been updated. They no longer ‘stare’, but now squint.

Vyrulisse.1246

The facial expressions have been updated. They no longer ‘stare’, but now squint.

Yes, they are much more expressive now and look pretty good but the point remains. We want our stuff back.

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

These people have been constructive and patient. They have been asking the question straight up and letting you get them an answer! Can someone, anyone, please take the the time to perhaps get them an answer or an update on an issue that is now close to reaching the 2 year mark as of September since they were removed?
This was the last update they got on the situation (October 28, 2014):

Soooo sorry! I asked about this and forgot to post!

Some time ago, it was noticed and reported as a “bug” that during cinematics, the “fidget” animations continued. So you’re seeing this exciting story bit about a dragon attack and, behind the scenes, your character is yawning and toeing the sand. It just didn’t fit.

So the animations were temporarily removed to be worked on and reincorporated in a way that allowed them to perform normally in the game but to stop (or maybe change) during cinematics. But getting to a place where the animations could be configured on a more fine-grained basis took more time than anticipated.

From what I understand, the team has the tools to reconfigure and re-enable the animations, but the team lead told me that naturally they’ll need to figure out when someone (or maybe more than one person) can be assigned the task. As it turns out, each animation bit needs to be reconfigured individually.

TL;dr: This change is coming, as soon as it can be scheduled and prioritized. Naturally, some matters that are higher on the priority list but this project will be scheduled as appropriate.

Many thanks. I have a few human female too and would like to see this addressed.

• edit- it’s been 600 days as of June 18, 2016 since the last response on this issue on Oct. 28th of 2014.
No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

(edited by Siobhan.5273)

RandomWolf.3986

Another month’s about to end, and no sort of update…

Vyrulisse.1246

Yep.. not a peep. :\ C’mon A.net.

Vyrulisse.1246

Maybe on the 26th? Please? Never forget. :P

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

A dev on the reddit replied

LOL That’s rich. No they most definitely weren’t removed for being sexist. They were removed because every time we went into a review of serious story content and you’re supposed to be having really weighty conversations about Tyria-shaking, monumental decisions you and your team were making…oops, is this boring? Why am I yawning, and kicking the ground like I’d rather be ANYWHERE else? It happened so often that the only real way to address that feedback was to pull them out, because unfortunately our tools don’t provide us designers with a way to throttle back only specific animations.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4spdd5/human_female_idle_animations/d5bet8e

Lame. It doesn’t make sesne that one gender of one race had them removed, when a lot of these idle animations don’t have a place in serious situations. None of them too actually. So they all should be removed right? Just give them back please.

Posted by: Lyp Sao.1375

Lyp Sao.1375

LOL That’s rich. No they most definitely weren’t removed for being sexist. They were removed because every time we went into a review of serious story content and you’re supposed to be having really weighty conversations about Tyria-shaking, monumental decisions you and your team were making…oops, is this boring? Why am I yawning, and kicking the ground like I’d rather be ANYWHERE else? It happened so often that the only real way to address that feedback was to pull them out, because unfortunately our tools don’t provide us designers with a way to throttle back only specific animations.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4spdd5/human_female_idle_animations/d5bet8e

Lame. It doesn’t make sesne that one gender of one race had them removed, when a lot of these idle animations don’t have a place in serious situations. None of them too actually. So they all should be removed right? Just give them back please.

No no, they were too sexy – stretching is sexy

ESRB T / PEGI 12

Blood, Mild Language, Use of Alcohol, Violence. But NOOO SEXY

Can a pixel toon be sexy?

(way too much smilies)

Don’t fight the other ants
Fight the queens

Vyrulisse.1246

I was disappointed to see they are sticking to that ancient standard line without it having an ounce of credibility. Especially nowadays with all the joke backpacks, glitter trails, footprints, sparklies… that nonsense doesn’t break immersion but someone looking bored? Delete!

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

You know what is really disappointing?

The explanation about those Tyria-shaking conversations that nobody really cares about. Immersion-braking? Isn’t a wooden board character that does nothing but the same idle animation all the time immersion-braking?

And Tyria-shattering conversations… Really now? What you guys should be worried about is that I AM yawning while those conversations take place, not that some characters are doing something.

Also, you promised to get these tools for developers done, that was when? 2 years ago. Now i don’t know how you operate but 2 years for a simple tool is more than enough.

(edited by kolompi.1287)

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

Will these animations come “Out of the Shadows” on the 26th? You know what I mean? Eh? XD

Vyrulisse.1246

Soo… fixed yet?

RandomWolf.3986

No, and one of my posts was deleted for speaking the truth… :c

Posted by: Sunny.3891

Sunny.3891

Looking at this lengthy long-active thread… I would be curious to find out the gender of the commenters. Bet that would make some interesting information.

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

What is sad is that time was spent coding new emotes into the game. :/

Vyrulisse.1246

Looking at this lengthy long-active thread… I would be curious to find out the gender of the commenters. Bet that would make some interesting information.

I am a Female if you’re curious. :P

Also I was playing HoT the other day and it hit me. Their excuse for removing it was that it was “immersion breaking” during cutscenes right? Okay so tell me why having people talk to each other in the open world as a cutscene isn’t immersion breaking when fifty people keep running through my “scene” with sparkles, weird 8-bit like things and every other insane backpiece that’s been sold?

Pretty immersion breaking right there…

(edited by Vyrulisse.1246)

Posted by: Emberstorm.3760

Emberstorm.3760

So much time without information. such a shame for Anet.

Posted by: Moderator

We are locking this thread as it has run its course.