Instant "God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals"

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: HybridZ.1520

HybridZ.1520

I’m experiencing the same thing. I had GWAMM and everything below it and it’s all missing now (titles, achievements points). Not to mention I can’t log into Guild Wars 1 to check my account and the Hall of Monuments calculator seems to be not working either.

Edit: After about 5 minutes, the Guild Wars 1 server came back up and all of my achievement points/titles were restored in Guild Wars 2. I don’t know what they’re doing but if its not Hall of Monuments based, they need to stop breaking working code.

(edited by HybridZ.1520)

Posted by: Serhaph.6397

Serhaph.6397

I just happened to exit the game and log back into my main toon and now it seems that the titles are back again, as well as access to my HoM items along with getting my AP back. Dunno what went wrong but seriously ANet needs to rethink how they go about “fixing” this.

Posted by: Mike.7452

Mike.7452

I had the same thing happen to me – all titles, achievement points, and rewards in the eye of the north no longer are there.

Posted by: deejayberzerker.1940

deejayberzerker.1940

it happened to me. I don’t have my hard earned title. Didn’t bother trying to go into HOM now that I see the thread.

Posted by: SaltyDog.4120

SaltyDog.4120

I lost 400 AP because of this. I played that game for 6 years. Why are they just taking them away?

Posted by: cmpoggi.4183

cmpoggi.4183

I have the same issue too, I have my gw1 account since 2005, and I have 31 titles maxed.

Posted by: flaschor.6931

flaschor.6931

just lost my 200 ap from HoM too a few minutes ago

Posted by: whargoul.3140

whargoul.3140

Yes, we all have the same issue, THIS has also happened before … also to note you probably cant log into your GW1 game either…… Last time it was all fixed within a day

Posted by: BisKit.4801

BisKit.4801

i also have just recieved this letter, i legitimatly had 50 points in HoM and ive had my account linked since well before original games release,
so all hom titles and ap are gone for me, also cannot access HoM vendor!!!!!!!
WTF Anet

Posted by: Curtis.1562

Curtis.1562

Same, I just lost my legitimate HoM rewards/AP. This is BS.

SaltyDog.4120

I would think that it was just some type of error if it wasen’t for the in game email posted above

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

I just happened to exit the game and log back into my main toon and now it seems that the titles are back again, as well as access to my HoM items along with getting my AP back. Dunno what went wrong but seriously ANet needs to rethink how they go about “fixing” this.

Unfortunately, this didn’t work for me. I’m still at least 443 points short and I’m missing my titles. Oddly enough, the HOM calculator appears to be working just fine for me. None of my points are missing from that.

Attachments:

Posted by: NetCatman.4715

NetCatman.4715

Just adding this all happened to me, as well. Lost my legit titles. Never had GWAMM title, but got letter. Filed bug report before coming here. Glad (sorry) it’s not just me! Maybe it’ll get fixed!

Posted by: SilverFox.8067

SilverFox.8067

UPDATE
I’m back at 28/50 HOM, can log into Guild Wars and My points and titles are back in Guild wars2. Must’ve been a burp in the system. Whatever.

Posted by: Echo Shot.6479

Echo Shot.6479

I HAD this issue as well, 50/50 here.

Relog into your gw1 account, hit the HoM real quick and then leave it, log out, log back into gw2—I got all my HoM stuff back instantly.

Got my stuff back, thanks Punkunicorn. One thing to add though, travel back to your HoM in GW2. Only then did I get my titles.

Posted by: BisKit.4801

BisKit.4801

After relogging twice, all points and titles are back for me

Posted by: Greenlight.9478

Greenlight.9478

I got the same mail. I lost all the titles and achievement points. ANET please fix this!

Got this email today and same thing here. I got my title back after I logged off completely and logged back on to my older character (not sure if any character will do, I just happened to do it on my older one).

Posted by: White.3240

White.3240

Legit God Among Mere Mortals, Just today got the dreadred email and around 500 points+ titles and skins got removed, I didnt make any new characters at all, weird, going to relog to GW1 to see if this fixes it.

Posted by: flaschor.6931

flaschor.6931

logging in to gw1 and entering the hall of monuments and then logging in in gw2 did the trick for me

Zedd.8239

My points and titles are all back too. It looks like I just earned them all again.

For those testing this, make sure you fully load in with one of your characters. The character selection screen doesn’t appear to be enough to fix this.

Note that I didn’t log into GW1 at all. I simply logged into GW2 and loaded into Rata Sum with one of my characters.

Attachments:

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

If you play a country music record backwards you get your wife, truck, and dog back.

Posted by: Kyra Tribeca.4912

Kyra Tribeca.4912

Logging out and back in either fixed it for both dh & I or they are uber quick on reversing the reverse. Keeping fingers crossed for all

Posted by: Cierdwyn.4675

Cierdwyn.4675

You are not alone .. SAME thing just happened to me! I worked bloody hard for those titles too, thankyewverymuch!! I had no titles and was down about 1,000 AP as well.

I got all freaked out about it .. and was about to post a ticket .. when I remembered reading about the last time this happened (not to me mind you that time :P ) and that someone said to log out and then back in on another avvie. That worked .. she had all AP back AND her titles. Then logged back out and then in on the original avvie and she had all her stuff back as well. My achievements page showed 3 panels with various titles earned and AP .. as if I had just earned them. O.o

That letter was a real heart stopper. When I think of all the work that went into my GWAMM and my 50/50 HoM ……. breathes into paper bag … I am glad to have them back!!

Posted by: Innuendo.8674

Innuendo.8674

I legitimately had all the HoM rewards too. Lost everything.

Posted by: Stormy Dragon.9210

Stormy Dragon.9210

Going into the HoM on GW1 and then logging back into GW2 caused them all to come back for me.

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

I got this as well. Luckly the “visit HoM in GW1 trick” worked in fixing it.

Posted by: Ripper Jack.8965

Ripper Jack.8965

I got the same message. Trouble is I never had the GWAMM title. They did however revoke my Closer to the Stars title and take away 500 hero points. I checked HoM and it still says I earned Closer to the Stars but it’s just not available on my characters anymore.

Monk Tank.5897

Logged out, relaunched GW2 and loaded into different character..everything is back.
This is why i keep a third GWAMM at 98%.
pfft
You should have saved this for April Fools
like seriously

(edited by Monk Tank.5897)

Posted by: deejayberzerker.1940

deejayberzerker.1940

I do not have access to GW1 anymore. I’ve ‘retired’ from that game and I don’t really feel like installing it again. This is not an acceptable bug to lose every single point available from HOM (50/50 and GWAMM). Anet, pls fix and don’t you dare tell me to log into GW1. I didn’t break this you did.

Posted by: NaviKadara.9284

NaviKadara.9284

I had the same bug about three minutes ago. All my legitimately earned HoM points disappeared. Also got the LOR-748 message saying that my God walking amongst mere Mortals title was awarded by error (which I never had in the first place).
I have btw not created a new character.

BUT completely logging out of the game and logging on onto another character re-awarded all my points and titles like I had just earned them.

SaltyDog.4120

Ya i re-logged and got them all back, WHEW!

Zedd.8239

I do not have access to GW1 anymore. I’ve ‘retired’ from that game and I don’t really feel like installing it again. This is not an acceptable bug to lose every single point available from HOM (50/50 and GWAMM). Anet, pls fix and don’t you dare tell me to log into GW1. I didn’t break this you did.

Have you tried the other suggestion in the thread? That is, completely exit Guild Wars 2, login, and fully load a character. If it doesn’t work on the first try, do it again.

Monk Tank.5897

You don’t need to install GW1.
1. Log Out (completely)
2. Relaunch GW2
3. Choose a different character (worked for me)
4. look at achievement pane

Posted by: satomz.1764

satomz.1764

Having my hours of working towards 50/50 and GWAMM called undeserving, even if erroneously, really made me rethink about playing GW in general. I mean, these are all just pixels and data…

Posted by: Stormy Dragon.9210

Stormy Dragon.9210

Having my hours of working towards 50/50 and GWAMM called undeserving, even if erroneously, really made me rethink about playing GW in general. I mean, these are all just pixels and data…

The physical world is hardly more permanent. When you die, all those trips you took, all the conversations you had, the books you read, etc. will vanish. Within a hundred years of your death, for 99.9999% of people no one will remember they existed and everything they did in their life will be gone. For all intents and purposes it will be like you never actually existed at all.

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

I add myself to the list, last night got the notification… they stripped my titles as well, didn’t even had GWAMM .. just a closer to the stars I earned playing like most… I don’t have GW1 installed anymore and really don’t feel like downloading it for a chance for it to work, I have no rush with the fix, won’t die for the tittle but please fix it when available!

Thanks

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!