Going from a level 30 Story Quest to a level 48 ( skipping the story line!! )

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Bottleblonde.9324

Bottleblonde.9324

This also happened to me and my fiance tonight. We are both humans on the lvl 30 part of the same story quest(A Fragile Peace) and his is now moved forward to the lvl 48 step. I started the beginning of the lvl 30 quest in Lion’s Arch after joining the Vigil. This stinks cos now we can’t do anymore story stuff =(

Posted by: Mochiisuke.1609

Mochiisuke.1609

I also encountered this issue when playing with my wife last night. I believe we were on a recommended level 37 personal story quest. After this quest I was skipped ahead to the lvl 48 recommended level personal story. I thought nothing of it as I felt I just needed to open a ticket and it will be resolved for me. I have been playing this game mainly for the personal story and when I saw the sticky that I interpreted as “tough luck, we can’t fix it”, I was extremely disappointed on how it is being handled. I rarely post on forums, but I felt I really wanted to get this off my chest as the response from the sticky has been bothering me.

Posted by: Crow.3617

Crow.3617

Mine jumped from Lines of Communication lvl 28 to Suspicious activity 48.
It’s really going to suck if they can’t rollback the storyline at all :S my Tohtori Tohelo was doing so well

Posted by: Lilium.7095

Lilium.7095

Mine jumped from lvl 28 to Suspicious activity 48 too. Is there a way to fix it? Also, if I make a new character right now, will it happen again? This is really annoying.

Posted by: Undie.8597

Undie.8597

When it bugged for you guys were you doing it solo or with a friend?

Posted by: Knfz.7019

Knfz.7019

mine bugged when i grouped with 1 other person

Posted by: Kaoss.3186

Kaoss.3186

mine bugged when i grouped with 1 other person

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone complain this happened to them in solo. The bug is clearly happening only to people who play in duos or with bigger parties. Why it only started now, however, i have no idea.

Is this happening on all races though, or only on specific ones, like human? It would be nice to have that feedback I guess, while we wait for any official say on this matter.

Posted by: Krizhka.3967

Krizhka.3967

ArenaNet already explained the cause of the bug: it is due to a fix for another issue that most of us didn’t have in the first place. They’ve said they won’t fix it and provided a weak justification. I am so disappointed.

Posted by: Zaqnak.9742

Zaqnak.9742

was playing my elementalist with friend, it told me to run to lions arch to do something, suddenly when i entered it was a 48lvl quest at different place while my friend continued his :/ sucks to lose some good story and exp :/

Posted by: EvanTeicheira

EvanTeicheira

ArenaNet Alpha Team

Next

Hey everyone! Thank you all for reporting this issue, especially to those who provided so much detail about this bug!

This issue should be fixed as of the latest build of the game, and while we will unfortunately not be able to reset characters which have already skipped the level 30-48 story steps, any new characters should not run in to this issue.

If you DO run into this issue again, please let us know everything you can about the issue as soon as possible – what character you’re playing, what race they are, etc. – and we’ll take another look at it!

Thanks, again, and good hunting! =)

ArenaNet QA Team

(edited by EvanTeicheira.3962)

Posted by: Blades.9417

Blades.9417

Im sorry, but that is far from enough, the very least you can do is give those afected the rewards from level 30-48 quests.

SFR thief.

Posted by: Leiard.4532

Leiard.4532

Hey everyone! Thank you all for reporting this issue, especially to those who provided so much detail about this bug!

This issue should be fixed as of the latest build of the game, and while we will unfortunately not be able to reset characters which have already skipped the level 30-48 story steps, any new characters should not run in to this issue.

If you DO run into this issue again, please let us know everything you can about the issue as soon as possible – what character you’re playing, what race they are, etc. – and we’ll take another look at it!

Sorry, but this is unacceptable. Surely you can do some integrity check to fix this. So you are telling me that you guys cannot get the “choices” made by a character and where the issue occurred (ie where the next step in the story is skipped) and roll back the story to that point?

Your excuses for not fixing it for existing characters that is already affected by this “bug” is weak.

You claimed to have fixed this bug before, and yet it is clearly still not fixed. So you are now telling us to start a new character and hope and pray that you did actually fix it.
What about people that have already invested many hours in the game, including crafting levels and materials? You are simply showing them the finger…

You bend backwards to allow exploiters back in the game, but yet you are not prepared to investigate a fix for this? Great customer support sarcasm.

This is absolutely pathetic!

Posted by: Ivory.1635

Ivory.1635

I had the same thing happen to me about 20 minutes ago with my boyfriend. We were both on Stealing Secrets (30) and now I’m on Suspicious Activity (48)! It happened during or right after I was doing some trading post transactions. The Black Lion NPC also disappeared that I had talked to by the Tailoring Post. I hope they can change my quest back

EDIT – Playing my lvl 29 Human Thief. I sent in a bug report in game. My boyfriend and I have done all the quests together and same choices too.

~Ivory <3

(edited by Ivory.1635)

Posted by: Rael.5786

Rael.5786

It Just happend to me, I looked it up and said the issue was fixed, but I ran into 15 mins ago.

Norn Guardian, partied with a friend for everything and chose the same choices. Instead of getting the quest that lead to the scene where Eir, Rytlock and etc meet up, I got Lv48 Suspicious Activities.

Kaoss.3186

Sorry, but this is unacceptable. Surely you can do some integrity check to fix this. So you are telling me that you guys cannot get the “choices” made by a character and where the issue occurred (ie where the next step in the story is skipped) and roll back the story to that point?

Your excuses for not fixing it for existing characters that is already affected by this “bug” is weak.

You claimed to have fixed this bug before, and yet it is clearly still not fixed. So you are now telling us to start a new character and hope and pray that you did actually fix it.
What about people that have already invested many hours in the game, including crafting levels and materials? You are simply showing them the finger…

You bend backwards to allow exploiters back in the game, but yet you are not prepared to investigate a fix for this? Great customer support sarcasm.

This is absolutely pathetic!

Yep. I make your words mine. And obviously, by the latest posts, it is NOT fixed yet. If they don’t at least give the rewards and experience to the people affected by it, they can at the very least expect two refund request, for me and my girlfriend will not want to keep this game anymore.

Posted by: Parker.7413

Parker.7413

it just happened to me while in a group with 2 friends. myself and 1 other friend skipped to level 48 story while my other friend stayed on correct storyline. now we cannot do our storylines together because we do not know what options it has randomly chosen.

Leiard.4532

Yep. I make your words mine. And obviously, by the latest posts, it is NOT fixed yet. If they don’t at least give the rewards and experience to the people affected by it, they can at the very least expect two refund request, for me and my girlfriend will not want to keep this game anymore.

I feel exactly the same way. The issue didn’t occur for me, but my gf. We play together and if they cannot fix this, then I also want a refund.

I’ve been a champion of GW2. I’ve been waiting for and following it for 5 years. I played GW1 aggressively with 50/50 HoM, but this is a deal-breaker.

Fix it for existing characters or my gf and I want our money back…

Kaoss.3186

I feel exactly the same way. The issue didn’t occur for me, but my gf. We play together and if they cannot fix this, then I also want a refund.

I’ve been a champion of GW2. I’ve been waiting for and following it for 5 years. I played GW1 aggressively with 50/50 HoM, but this is a deal-breaker.

Fix it for existing characters or my gf and I want our money back…

While I did not get 50/50, but only 30/50 on GW1, I do share the same views. I, too, wasn’t affected by it, but my girlfriend. As I said before, I waited for this game for years, eagerly, and converted as many friends as I could to get this game as well. Ultimately, however, I bought the game not only to play with them, but mostly to play with my significant other. And if I can’t do that, I’d rather not play at all. It’s as simple as that.

Remaking the character isn’t an option, either. Too much effort went into the creation and progression of these ones to just scrap them over a mistake Anet does not want to fix. If they can’t rollback characters, then that’s already poor strategy on their part. But, there are other options. Simply shrugging and saying ‘nothing we can do’ is not a valid answer for someone who paid $60 on their game. We’re customers, and we needed to be treated as such.

Ivory.1635

While I did not get 50/50, but only 30/50 on GW1, I do share the same views. I, too, wasn’t affected by it, but my girlfriend. As I said before, I waited for this game for years, eagerly, and converted as many friends as I could to get this game as well. Ultimately, however, I bought the game not only to play with them, but mostly to play with my significant other. And if I can’t do that, I’d rather not play at all. It’s as simple as that.

Remaking the character isn’t an option, either. Too much effort went into the creation and progression of these ones to just scrap them over a mistake Anet does not want to fix. If they can’t rollback characters, then that’s already poor strategy on their part. But, there are other options. Simply shrugging and saying ‘nothing we can do’ is not a valid answer for someone who paid $60 on their game. We’re customers, and we needed to be treated as such.

I feel the same way. I played Guild Wars for 4 years and my boyfriend has played for 6. We both bought collector’s edition of GW2 and the character that the quest is messed up on for me is my main. We played our thieves together and we both kind of feel like it’s ruined now for those. We both had twin Assassin’s in Guild Wars as our main characters, so we carried it over to Guild Wars 2. Remaking the character is not an option for me. I hope they look into this issue some more.

~Ivory <3

Posted by: Aseyhe.2948

Aseyhe.2948

Can I take this as confirmation that we have to remake characters to fix such story issues?

Previous

EvanTeicheira

ArenaNet Alpha Team

Next

I am following up on this issue now, and will keep everyone updated of any changes. I understand this is frustrating and will ensure that the the importance of the matter is emphasized. Until we are able to implement a fix, please be patient and keep us informed of any additional information or details should they arise.

Thank you!

ArenaNet QA Team

Posted by: Aseyhe.2948

Aseyhe.2948

I am following up on this issue now, and will keep everyone updated of any changes. I understand this is frustrating and will ensure that the the importance of the matter is emphasized. Until we are able to implement a fix, please be patient and keep us informed of any additional information or details should they arise.

Thank you!

Thanks for that. I have 88 hours invested in a character that was affected by a different story bug. If I have to remake it to fix the issue, then I’ll do so begrudgingly, but it would be great if it could be fixed another way. I think that ultimately, you are going to need some functionality for fixing broken personal story — if not now, then when/if you extend the personal story in expansions. Telling people today that their week-old character’s story is broken is one thing, but saying the same in a year of a character with hundreds or thousands of hours invested — that will be a different story.

Posted by: RedJar.1759

RedJar.1759

Thanks for that. I have 88 hours invested in a character that was affected by a different story bug. If I have to remake it to fix the issue, then I’ll do so begrudgingly, but it would be great if it could be fixed another way. I think that ultimately, you are going to need some functionality for fixing broken personal story — if not now, then when/if you extend the personal story in expansions. Telling people today that their week-old character’s story is broken is one thing, but saying the same in a year of a character with hundreds or thousands of hours invested — that will be a different story.

If only i could upvote this somehow haha.
Losing exp is kind of a pain, but the bug happened to people who were playing in groups… you can still experience the story by playing through the events with your significant other / friends etc. And if it really were that big of a deal for me I could just re-roll, I haven’t put that much time into the character yet. However it does seem prudent to develop some way of fixing issues like this in the future, when re-rolling a character means a much bigger investment.

Also, thank you for looking into this further Evan.

Main: Redjar
Henge of Denravi
Guild: Architects of Destiny [Epic]

Posted by: Krizhka.3967

Krizhka.3967

Losing exp is kind of a pain, but the bug happened to people who were playing in groups… you can still experience the story by playing through the events with your significant other / friends etc. And if it really were that big of a deal for me I could just re-roll, I haven’t put that much time into the character yet. However it does seem prudent to develop some way of fixing issues like this in the future, when re-rolling a character means a much bigger investment.

Rerolling may not be a big deal to you, but many of here are unwilling to do so, especially those of us playing our characters with significant others, siblings, or friends. I play with my twin brother. We would have to both reroll. And it won’t really work to just play through our companions’ version of the story: they’ll be getting experience and rewards that we’ll have to grind out (solo! to catch up) if we want to stay together, which is the only way I want to play this game. And this is supposed to be my story; so much for personal choice.

I’m glad ArenaNet is taking another look at this.

Posted by: Stagnant.4035

Stagnant.4035

I’d really rather not re-create my character, as I’ve invested a large amount of crafting materials into his professions.

Just to throw my experience in, I was the owner of the instance and my friend was on the same quest as me as a passenger in my instance. Once it finished, my friend (the passenger) was advanced to the next quest (L30) and I was shoved into a L48 quest.

I really hope you were serious when you said you’re taking this seriously, because letting it be and leaving characters without the choices, exp, and loot received from these quests is unacceptable. I can’t imagine in what world this would be something you just throw your hands up at and say “It’s fixed now, but to those of you who got royally messed up… we’re sorry…”

Listen here BP, drilling on the moon is NOT the answer!

Posted by: Volko.9483

Volko.9483

Well it just skipped for me, and i was hoping there was gona be a fix said Lv 30 go to lion arc get there and it changed to 48 . Cant they just role us back if we have not progressed, cant be that hard can it? there must be a past image of are characters on a server some where maby a 1hr or so old i dont care i would rather redo a 1hr or so than reroll

Previous

EvanTeicheira

ArenaNet Alpha Team

Next

For those who have been affected by the issue, can I please get the following information:

• Group composition:
    • Race, Profession, Level of Characters, etc.
    • Story choices for each character in the group (Blackout, Vigil, etc.)
  • Who owned the Kellach’s Attack instance (which character created the instance in which others joined)?
  • Which characters progressed on to the Level 48 quest?
  • For those who did not progress on to the Level 48 quest, what quest were they directed to instead?
ArenaNet QA Team

Leiard.4532

Thank you!

What exactly are you following up? The bug still not being fixed or whether they can try and repair existing broken character stories? Or both?

Please stop the generic help-desk bs replies (I’ll follow up) and just tell us what exactly you are going to follow-up.
Also let us know if they are planning on investigating a fix for existing chars and a patch/fix eta.

Should we continue to wait in hope that you will fix this, or should we get a refund on a clearly “broken” game and move on to something else? I think we deserve an answer ASAP!

This is really imo the biggest bug in the game and to belittle it as just another bug, is a huge mistake.

Anet was all about “This is my story”. Then when the story is broken: “We cannot fix existing chars, but will release a patch to fix future chars.”

I play games mainly for the story and if the story is broken, the game is broken and not fun or worth playing.

If only i could upvote this somehow haha.

Also, thank you for looking into this further Evan.

That’s great for you (not putting in that much time into a char and thus are willing to re-create your char), but not everybody want to re-create a char, which is most probably their main…

Also who is to say that your new char won’t have the same issue. The bug was supposedly fixed already…
Currently this is a hit-and-miss, with a random outcome everytime. How many times will you be willing to re-create your char, until you are also fed up?

Posted by: Volko.9483

Volko.9483

Party. Asura Necro 27 (me) , Asura Guardain 26
Same choices apart form creation story different colleges and inventions, Order of Wispers.

i was the instance host for Lines Of Communication and it was fine on exit same said go to Lion Arch.
we Telported to lion Arch Trading post node and my story changed to 48 Suspicous Activity. His was unchaged and could progress the story.

Stagnant.4035

Detailed information:

Instance owner: Me, I was level 32, an Asura Warrior, Order of Whispers
Instance Passenger: Friend, level 30, an Asura Engineer, Order of Whispers
We were on the same quest, and did it together. Immediately after finishing, I was progressed to the level 48 quest “Suspicious Activity”. My friend, the passenger, was instead progressed properly to the level 30 quest to meet his Order of Whispers contact.

Ivory.1635

For those who have been affected by the issue, can I please get the following information:

• Group composition:
  • Who owned the Kellach’s Attack instance (which character created the instance in which others joined)?
  • For those who did not progress on to the Level 48 quest, what quest were they directed to instead?

~ Group Composition ~
2 Players, Ivory Rinali (me), Maligned Chemical
Ivory Rinali – Human Thief Lvl 29
Maligned Chemical – Human Thief Lvl 29

Story Choice – Whispers

We both owned Stealing Secrets. He started that instance AFTER my quest changed. My quest changed while in Lion’s Arch, without me doing any instance. It changed during or after me using the Black Lion Trading Post and picking up items. I sent an e-mail and bug report to A-Net because the first Black Lion NPC I talked to was north of the bank by the tailor and disappeared without me logging out or changing areas. I know that before I talked to that NPC my quest was the Stealing Secrets lvl 30 one because I seen the marker on the map for Lion’s Arch. I did not do the quest however. My quest after finishing trading was the lvl 48 one Suspicious Activity. No instances were done in between and none show in my log.

Which characters progressed – Only my character, Ivory Rinali went to the lvl 48 quest. I did not do any instances to move my quest from 30 to 48 so my quest should still be Stealing Secrets lvl 30. Maligned Chemical (my boyfriend in the party) stayed on the same quest. I tried to do the Stealing Secrets instance with him, he completed the first part of Stealing Secrets about talking to your friend (Thackeray), but mine remained the 48 lvl quest. No rewards or experience were given to my character.

~Ivory <3

Kaoss.3186

• Group composition:

If possible, I’m going to give you the information belonging to my girlfriend, the one affected by this, seeing as she can’t right now. Her account is hira.8420.

Our group was composed of me, Khrael Chromeward, Human Guardian level 29~ish and her, Kira Lorelle, Human Elementalist of the same level. we were playing along and were given the choice of joining one of the groups. We both selected the Order of Whispers, to keep our stories the same and, thus, do the same missions. We were given, then, the quest ‘Stealing Secrets’, and we both had it on our mission log. Our issue did not happen in the Kellach Attack mission but, rather, during the Stealing Secrets mission or after it. If it did happen like many other users report, while visiting Lion’s Arch, we do not know.

Later when we logged on again, we found out that while I, the owner of the previous instance, now had Down the Hatch as my mission, a level 33 one, my girlfriend who had joined me in the previous one, has the Suspicious Activity, level 48, as her mission. We tried doing the mission to see if she could somehow get the bug to disappear like that but, alas, she didn’t even get the dialog to ‘Advance’ and complete her mission like she was supposed to and had all along. Thus, she was stuck until now.

(edited by Kaoss.3186)

Posted by: Xephyron.4702

Xephyron.4702

Detailed information:
Instance Passenger: Me, I was level 29, an Human Ele, Order of Whispers
Instance Owner: Friend, level 29, an Human Necro, Order of Whispers
We were on the same quest, and did it together. Immediately after finishing, she was progressed to the level 48 quest “Suspicious Activity”. I, the passenger, was progressed properly to the level 30 quest to meet his Order of Whispers contact in Lion’s Arch.

Leiard.4532

• Group composition:

It’s not Kellach’s Attack for everybody. It’s broken during different Lvl 30 (or thereabouts) quest.

• Group composition:
    • 2x Norn, Guardian (42) and Ranger (42).
    • We both joined the Order of Whispers.
  • It wasn’t Kellach’s Attack, but rather “Down the Hatch”. It was owned by me, the Guardian (42). My gf played as the Ranger (42).
  • My gf, on the Ranger, went to quest Level 48. I’ve attached her story progression. “Down the Hatch” doesn’t even show in the log!
  • The quest after “Down the Hatch” should have been “Thrown Off Guard”.

Attachments:

Posted by: Parker.7413

Parker.7413

Party : Human, Guardian, Level 28 – Human, Ranger, Level 30 – Human, Elementalist, Level 22
Instance Owner: Human, Elementalist, Level 22
Instance Passengers: Human, Guardian, Level 28 – Human, Ranger, Level 30 (Me)
Instance Option Chosen: Vigil
Correct Quest: Human, Elementalist, Level 22 – not sure of name of quest.
Incorrect Quest: Human, Guardian, Level 28 – Human, Ranger, Level 30 (Me) – Forewarned is Forearmed

Kaoss.3186

• Group composition:

It’s not Kellach’s Attack for everybody. It’s broken during different Lvl 30 (or thereabouts) quest.

• Group composition:
    • 2x Norn, Guardian (42) and Ranger (42).
    • We both joined the Order of Whispers.
  • It wasn’t Kellach’s Attack, but rather “Down the Hatch”. It was owned by me, the Guardian (42). My gf played as the Ranger (42).
  • My gf, on the Ranger, went to quest Level 48. I’ve attached her story progression. “Down the Hatch” doesn’t even show in the log!
  • The quest after “Down the Hatch” should have been “Thrown Off Guard”.

This is the exact same thing that happened to me and hira.8420 . Her log shows up like that, as well. Stealing Secrets and, then, Suspicious Activity with nothing in between.

Posted by: cooLLedge.5340

cooLLedge.5340

Party : Human, Guardian, Level 28 (ME) – Human, Ranger, Level 30 – Human, Elementalist, Level 22
Instance Owner: Human, Elementalist, Level 22
Instance Passengers: Human, Guardian, Level 28 – Human, Ranger, Level 30
Instance Option Chosen: Vigil
Correct Quest: Human, Elementalist, Level 22 – not sure of name of quest.
Incorrect Quest: Human, Guardian, Level 28 – Human, Ranger, Level 30 – Forewarned is Forearmed

Posted by: fedaykin.4186

fedaykin.4186

• Group composition:

Here’s a description of what happened to me:
Our group was all human. One male warrior (me, level 32 I think) , one female elementalist (level 31 or so), one male warrior (around level 37, owner of Kellach’s Attack). The elemantalist had already completed this quest — I joined him in this, but did not progress my story because I and the other warrior were behind. The two warriors chose to summon the spirit of Alastia Crow, so did that quest, and then progressed through Kellach’s Attack (so the warrior and I did Kellach’s Attack to progress our story, while the elementalist had already progressed his story beyond this point). We all chose to join the Vigil (the warrior and I chose at the same time, in his instance, while the elementalist had chosen previously). After Kellach’s Attack, I was the only one that got progressed to the level 48 quest. The other two characters had the quest to meet Logan and Caithe in Lion’s Arch. I believe my quest only changed to the level 48 quest after going to Lion’s Arch, but I’m not 100% certain.

Posted by: rutger.4901

rutger.4901

• Party: lvl 31 (might have been 30 at the start) Asura Elementalist (me), level 31 Asura Guardian.
  • Time: 6th of September (today) some time between 18:30 and 20:30 CEST.
  • Same choices made from “A bold new theory” up to and including “Rakt and Ruin”. All parts done together.
  • On entering lion’s arch everything was fine, we were both on the same point in the story and had the same objectives.
  • My GF (the guardian) was the owner of the instance.
  • Up until the point where you are prompted to read your mail, we have the same objectives on screen.
  • She receives mail, I do not.
  • She reads the mail. Her objective changes to meeting Almorra in Fort Marriner (A Fragile Peace). Mine changes to meeting Almorra in Vigil Keep at lvl 48 (Forewarned is Forearmed).

edit:

Now that I think back on it, I think the above might be faulty recollection of events. I also seem to remember that I did not see the floaty-green-star-thingy that usually marks personal story instances, and that the green swirly star on the minimap was behind me. Didn’t have time to wonder about that then, since my gf started the instance at that point. If that is the case though, the switch to the lvl 48 quest must have happened upon entering lion’s arch.

(edited by rutger.4901)

Posted by: Blades.9417

Blades.9417

Hi, heres the details for my group

Party: Asura Guardian (Me, owner of instance), level ~47
Asura Elementalist(passenger) , level ~38

Options: Asura Guardian: college of statics,
Val-A golem,
Master Blipp,
Durmand Priory

Asura Elementalist: College of Dinamics,
Infinity ball,
Master Bronk,
Durmand Priory.

Quests: We did “A meeting of the mind” (Guardian’s instance)
Guardian follow-up “Dredging up the past” (level 31 quest)
Elementalist follow-up “On red Alert” (level 48 quest)

SFR thief.

Posted by: Lokiie.7690

Lokiie.7690

Party owner was me, however my girl friend was the one that started the instance mission. She was the same level as the kellachs attack mission if i remember and i was at least 35.

Im a human ranger with the choices of street, sisters body and then malandru. She is a human guardian with the same story choices. We both took vigil too.

My ranger was the one that got the story line jumped and her guardian went on to lions arch like normal.

While i don’t think this issue is big enough to warrant a refund i do think we need some kind of compensation to make up for all the lost content. I would be fine with rerolling if there is no other choice but if i can help it in anyway, i don’t want to.

Right now im really torn between the clone of my main i made and my bugged main, do i just forget about the skipped content and keep going or should i just start over?
Will not doing that content do anything to my main? Like prevent me from getting achievements or something else?

(edited by Lokiie.7690)

Posted by: The Eternal Grace.3157

The Eternal Grace.3157

• Group composition:
    • Asura, Engineer, level 30
    • Story choices for each character in the group: Blipp, VAL-A Golem, Dynamics, and Order of Whispers
  • Glitched after a friend and I did “Lines of Communication” together.
  • I, the only other non-instance owner, progressed to the level 48 quest

- The Eternal Grace

Posted by: Brisinger.7042

Brisinger.7042

- Party: Human male Warrior (me) around level 31 – Jaime Trollslayer
– No helm, Dead sister, Nobility, Dignity, Balthazar
and Human female Warrior around level 31 – Elenor The Second
– No helm, Never searched for parents, Nobility, Dignity, Kormir
– We both chose Vigil as the story choice
– I (Human male Warrior – Jaime Trollslayer) owned the Kellach’s attack instance
– My character (male warrior) progressed to the lvl 48 quest called Forewarned is Forearmed his character the female warior did not progress to level 48 quest, only my did

(edited by Brisinger.7042)

Stagnant.4035

Any information on if we’ll be able to get the issue fixed on our affected characters without having to re-roll? Lots of us have probably dedicated more than one character’s worth of crafting resources to level our disciplines, or for one reason or another would rather not have to start over. I don’t think we should be expected to either.

Posted by: Chocopan.8641

Chocopan.8641

• Group composition:

The same bug happened to my girlfriend and I. We both were following the exact same Personal Story since Level 1. We weren’t doing Kellach’s Attack, as others have pointed out, the problem has arisen in other Level 30 quests aswell.

• Group Composition :
    • Human Elementalist Lvl 33 (my girlfriend), Human Thief Lvl 33 (me)
    • We both picked the exact same background (Nobility, Sister’s body). We also joined the Durmand Priory in the Story right before the bug happened.
  • I owned the last instance we played together which was “The Queen’s Justice”. She was the party leader though. Once we completed it, both our next objective was the exact same : “Dredging up the Past” (Lvl 31). We were supposed to go to Lion’s Arch Mystic Plaza to trigger the next quest.
  • My girlfriend’s Elementalist skipped to “On Red Alert” Lvl 48 as soon as she warped to Lion’s Arch.
  • My Thief didn’t progress to the Lvl 48 quest, her Personal Story is still the correct one : “Dredging up the Past” (Lvl 31)

This is a very serious issue and we’re deeply disappointed by ArenaNet’s reply so far. We’re both GW1 fans and eagerly awaited GW2. It feels like ArenaNet are shrugging the problem off but we can’t just accept that there will be no fix to this situation. One person will be missing out on the storyline, experience and items rewards from Lvl 31 to Lvl 48. We won’t be advancing without each other.

Recreating a character isn’t a solution either, we’ve spent dozens of hours and a lot of resources on crafting on our now broken characters. There are many ways to fix the problem but the ideal one would be to reset the broken character’s Personal Story to the correct one (prior to the Lvl 48 skip). We sincerely hope ArenaNet will take the issue seriously now and will come up with a proper fix.

(edited by Chocopan.8641)

Posted by: Kinetik.9407

Kinetik.9407

PARTY:
Human male Ranger (31) – me
Human female Elementalist (31) – gf

QUEST:
Queen’s Justice (ranger owner)
Ranger follow-up – On Red Alert (48)
Elementalist follow-up – Dredging up the Past (31)

from 1lvl we chose same options

I’m 100% sure that my quest has changed after traveling to Lion’s Arch… 1OO%

Posted by: weasel.3710

weasel.3710

• Group composition:

Group: Bennedetto, Human Necromancer, level 29 (me)
Sterling Von Pepper, Human Elementalist, level 30 (friend)
We have been levelling together and have made identical choices in every story quest (we also made our characters have identical back stories to facilitate this (poor, wished we’d joined the circus)

I owned the instance, and at the conclusion of the instance it appeared we had both moved on to the correct quest (a level 30 quest to meet with the whispers).
Upon arriving at Lion’s Arch my quest was changed to the level 48 quest while my friend remained on the level 30 quest.

Even if you can’t fix this, could you provide some way for me to achieve experience in order to stay level with my friend while he gets all the rewards? Otherwise I can only imagine him gaining a several level lead while I run off to grind boars.

And more importantly, tell me what decisions the game has made for my character so my friend can replicate those (if it comes to that).

Posted by: Ssinti.9216

Ssinti.9216

• Group composition:
    • Race, Profession, Level of Characters, etc. — All human, one lvl 32 necromancer Darrowe (who progressed just fine), 1 lvl 31 Warrior Sintila, who got the quest bumped to lvl 48 as soon as landing on the Lion’s Arch gate waypoint, 1 lvl 31 Elementalist named Arilind, who also got quest bumped to lvl 48 as soon as landing on the Lion’s Arch Waypoint.
    • Story choices for each character in the group (Blackout, Vigil, etc.)— The necro picked Priory, and we shared his story, so we didn’t get to pick, but the quest progressed to go to Lion’s Arch and talk to a friend there (don’t know the name as it’s not in our story log).
  • Who owned the Queen’s Justice instance (which character created the instance in which others joined)? —This was the Priory Choice instance owned by Darrowe, but we were able to progress (but didn’t get to make a choice). The next quest in our log was the one following this (which we don’t know the name of, since it changed as soon as we arrived in Lion’s Arch).
  • Which characters progressed on to the Level 48 quest?— Sintila (my char) and Arilind (my bf) immediately progressed to lvl 48 upon landing in Lion’s Arch before our friend zoned into the regular next step in the chain (and it worked for him).

—We were directed “On Red Alert”.

If nothing else can be fixed, Arilind and I would request that at least we be given the rewards for the story quest between lvl 31 and lvl 48 step. Also have also heard issues with Grix’s letter NOT appearing in lvl 48 step, so there is no guarantee we can progress from there.

(edited by Ssinti.9216)

Posted by: Detallion.7029

Detallion.7029

• Group composition:

Norn Warrior Level 31 (MKabbam, no skip), Norn Guardian Level 32 (Detallion, Skip)
Both were Vigil
MKabbam initiated the quest, it was the one where Destiny’s Edge meets
MKabbam continued regulary, I got skipped ahead.

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Hi,
this is the second bug in my personal storylines. First my human mesmer had the “stealing secrets” problem, which was solved after you fixed this.
Now my little asuran elementalist wanted to complete the same part of the story (meeting her friend in lions arch) and this bug occured.

PARTY:
Asura female Elementalist (26) – me
Asura male Elementalist (26) – bf, who was the party owner

HISTORY:
We had both made different choices until we decided the same thing which lead us both to “the bold new theory”. We both are now Durmand Priory novices.

Asura female (me): synergetics, infinity ball, Zinga, water, ferocity
Asura male (bf): dynamics, transatmospheric converter, Zinga, air, ferocity

QUEST:
bug occured: Meeting of the Minds
directed me: On Red Alert (48)
directed bf: Dredging up the Past(31)

DATE: 6th September

IMPORTANT NOTICE: I did not receive the mail from Magister Sieran after the storyline ended, but my friend did.

If that is not fixable, myself would be okay with receiving the missing XPs and rewards (but please not at once!!).