Going from a level 30 Story Quest to a level 48 ( skipping the story line!! )

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

I just discovered that my female norn ranger (30) has the same problem in lions arch!!! Same part of storyline (after she met her friend) and is now directed to Forewarned is Forearmed (48). She received the mail from Fergal for this storyline part.

Well, my bf did not once have a problem with that kind of bug, maybe it’s account-based?

Posted by: Enygmatik.6598

Enygmatik.6598

Based on your wording, it seems you’re only interested in those who have seen the problem occur since the patch was put in to fix it for future characters. However, I’m providing this anyway, in hopes that maybe I won’t have to re-do 39 levels of a character.

Group composition:
Race, Profession, Level of Characters, etc.

39 Charr Male Warrior – skipped ahead
39 Charr Male Guardian – progressing normally

Story choices for each character in the group (Blackout, Vigil, etc.)

Both of us picking the Vigil

Who owned the Kellach’s Attack instance (which character created the instance in which others joined)?

The quest name is different but the Guardian was the owner and is progressing normally.

Which characters progressed on to the Level 48 quest?

The Warrior (my character) was the one bumped ahead to the level 48 quest.

Posted by: Kaoss.3186

Kaoss.3186

I just discovered that my female norn ranger (30) has the same problem in lions arch!!! Same part of storyline (after she met her friend) and is now directed to Forewarned is Forearmed (48). She received the mail from Fergal for this storyline part.

Well, my bf did not once have a problem with that kind of bug, maybe it’s account-based?

Hmm.. Did you join your boyfriend’s instance both the times? Because this bug only seems to affect people who aren’t the owners of the respective instances. So, if that’s the case, maybe that’s why he wasn’t affected while you were, twice?

Navi.7142

I thought so, but my norn did enter the instance alone and by herself.

Posted by: Stagnant.4035

Stagnant.4035

Hmm.. Did you join your boyfriend’s instance both the times? Because this bug only seems to affect people who aren’t the owners of the respective instances. So, if that’s the case, maybe that’s why he wasn’t affected while you were, twice?

This is incorrect. I was the owner of my instance, and the bug affected me and not my friend.

(edited by Stagnant.4035)

Kaoss.3186

I thought so, but my norn did enter the instance alone and by herself.

That is definitely weird, then, and unheard of among the reports here. At least those I read, and it was most of them. Did you do the previous missions alone too, or were you then accompanied?

Posted by: rosalyn.1470

rosalyn.1470

This happened to my and my husband as well, he was a 31 human engineer and he progressed to the next question a fragile peace and I jumped to forewarned is forearmed, he was the instance owner. I was a level 30 elementalist, we were both order of the vigil.

It doesn’t need to be said however I will say it anyways that this is not acceptable in any form, if I wanted to spend 17 levels plodding along with no arching story to go through there are plenty of other games that could give me that, and alas the pledge that it will not happen again once I reach 48 is only as good as the intent that it would not have happened in the first place.

Navi.7142

No, like with the asura we joined our storyline at one part (Dredge Technology) and did it together.
But as my human mesmer did also experience the now fixed “secret stealing” bug, I think there might be a connection. Because every character of mine (who was at that point of the storyline with meeting her friend in lion’s arch) had experienced a problem/ bug then.

Posted by: Tigerlily.3029

Tigerlily.3029

Happened to me as well. I have been questing with my BF, but his quest was not affected. I am able to continue to quest with him, but of course I am not getting any of the rewards because I do not have the quest for myself.

(edited by Tigerlily.3029)

Posted by: Lokiie.7690

Lokiie.7690

Before i had seen this post i had submitted a support ticket and they just responded, how ever i dont know if they are saying they are working on the skipping bug its self or those of us that have had the skip happen already.

i will post the reply for others to read.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the Guild Wars 2 Support Team! We would like to apologize for the time it has taken to get to your issue, and are aware of issues with story quests not completing as they are intended.

Please know that we are actively deploying fixes with our nightly build updates to address these issues. If the particular quest has not yet been resolved please keep an eye on the Game Status Updates page (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_status_updates).

If you would like to post about your experience on our support forums, you can do so at https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum which are now open for use.

If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact us.

Regards,

GM Untharin
The Guild Wars Support Team
http://www.guildwars.comhttp://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki
http://www.guildwars2.comhttp://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki

Posted by: Krizhka.3967

Krizhka.3967

For those who have been affected by the issue, can I please get the following information:

• Group composition:
    • Race, Profession, Level of Characters, etc.
    • Story choices for each character in the group (Blackout, Vigil, etc.)
  • Who owned the Kellach’s Attack instance (which character created the instance in which others joined)?
  • Which characters progressed on to the Level 48 quest?
  • For those who did not progress on to the Level 48 quest, what quest were they directed to instead?

Group composition:

• [Me] Fray Ghul, Norn Mesmer (32). Revenge, Guard the Mists, Raven.
  • Wat, Norn Necromancer (32). Revenge, Protect the Spirits, Wolf.

Story choices. Same for both characters. Chose Order of Whispers.

• Underground Scholar
  • The Dredge Hideout
  • Sabotage
  • Sever the Head (Wat’s instance)

I chose to advance after we completed Sever the Head, at which point both of us were on Stealing Secrets. When I took a waypoint to Lion’s Arch I was skipped to Suspicious Activity. Wat remains on Stealing Secrets.

(edited by Krizhka.3967)

Stagnant.4035

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the Guild Wars 2 Support Team! We would like to apologize for the time it has taken to get to your issue, and are aware of issues with story quests not completing as they are intended.

Please know that we are actively deploying fixes with our nightly build updates to address these issues. If the particular quest has not yet been resolved please keep an eye on the Game Status Updates page (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_status_updates).

If you would like to post about your experience on our support forums, you can do so at https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum which are now open for use.

Regards,

GM Untharin

This doesn’t seem to have any actual information in it, it seems like an automated response to anyone opening a support ticket to report an issue with their story.

Lokiie.7690

Hello,

Regards,

GM Untharin

This doesn’t seem to have any actual information in it, it seems like an automated response to anyone opening a support ticket to report an issue with their story.

Yea it seemed kind of generic to me too but i figured it couldnt hurt to post it.

Posted by: Saffron.5681

Saffron.5681

I got the same ticket response.

Group composition:
At the time, we were both roughly level 30, my guesses
Asura Engineer – Level 31
Asura Mesmer – Level 33

Story choices for each character in the group:

Both completed Stealing Secrets, had both gone with Order of Whispers

Who owned the Kellach’s Attack instance (which character created the instance in which others joined)?:

Different instance name, but it was the Mesmer (boyfriend) who started it.

Engineer (myself)

For those who did not progress on to the Level 48 quest, what quest were they directed to instead?

Suspicious Activity.

Like most people, the quest change occurred after I zoned into Lion’s Arch. We had just finished a step of the quest for which I had received no reward.

I’m mostly butthurt about the lack of rewards and experience, boyfriend got a back piece in the reward screen I didn’t get. Personal story provides useful exp and items, and if I could just get some compensation for that I’d be happy. I got to experience the quest line anyway.

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

The issue is a player should be able to see their character’s personal story evolve while understanding the lore behind every instance. This coupled with the enjoyment of completing it with a friend makes for a complete gaming experience.

Some people posted about item rewards but this is a non-issue because it’s foolish to hear someone say they would remake an entire character for a few silver and armors. Focus on restoring the players sense of indulgence in the story and ignore the players demanding rewards if it hampers the process of reverting the old instance.

Posted by: Saffron.5681

Saffron.5681

Some people posted about item rewards but this is a non-issue because it’s foolish to hear someone say they would remake an entire character for a few silver and armors. Focus on restoring the players sense of indulgence in the story and ignore the players demanding rewards if it hampers the process of reverting the old instance.

Who says you need to revert to an old instance to receive exp or item rewards/some form of compensation? They already stated it would introduce too many issues and new bugs to revert story instances for people.

Not everyone is being demanding in the thread, so don’t backhand people who are simply expressing what they’re dissatisfied with.

Posted by: Cupcake.4193

Cupcake.4193

Group composition:
Mini Cupcake: Asura, Mesmer, lv 37
Lesscowbell: Asura, Engineer, lv 45

Quest: Lines of Communication, (owned by Mini Cupcake)
Story Choices: Both Order of the Whispers
Mini Cupcake advanced to Suspicious Activity (lv 48)
Lesscowbell advanced to Stealing Secrets (lv 30)

Just in case… at the end of Lines of Communication I (Mini Cupcake) noticed that my exit icon never popped up.

Posted by: Faith.9867

Faith.9867

For those who have been affected by the issue, can I please get the following information:

• Group composition:
    • Race, Profession, Level of Characters, etc.
    • Story choices for each character in the group (Blackout, Vigil, etc.)
  • Who owned the Kellach’s Attack instance (which character created the instance in which others joined)?
  • Which characters progressed on to the Level 48 quest?
  • For those who did not progress on to the Level 48 quest, what quest were they directed to instead?

I just had this happen to me tonight.

Group: Me — Level 28 Female Norn Thief (Kara Skogul) / Groupmate: Level 28 Male Norn Guardian (Valdarran)

The instance/quest line has been owned by the male norn guardian (we’ve been doing the story quests together — like everyone else has been stating — and I’ve been joining his instances). I was never prompted to make a story choice, ie. whether to join the Durmond Priory or not; he made that choice in his instance and my personal story was
updated to reflect his choice — no big deal.

Finished the story quest “Silent Warfare”. My character (Kara Skogul) was advanced to the level 48 quest “On Red Alert”. My friend was not; he advanced to the next step in the storyline, “Dredging Up The Past”. I don’t even have that quest step in “My Story”.

Posted by: Lady Jess.3789

Lady Jess.3789

Just had this happen to me, on Thurs 9/6 @ 9 PM EST. Characters:
Jess Hildrskuld, lvl 30 Norn Guardian, Vigil (my personal story)
Fenrir Gaelensen, level 31 Norn Ranger, Vigil

Upon completion of Assault on the Hill, he was directed to continue to his next quest A Fragile Peace, but I was skipped to the level 48 quest Forewarned is Forearmed.

I realize everyone is saying the same thing here, but I am extremely disappointed that the only possible solution offered is that I will spend the next 18 levels missing out on my personal story and the associated rewards and experience. For such a vital and unique aspect of the game I would expect more commitment to a quality experience. I have been exclusively PvE and the character story was my favorite part; at the moment I am somewhat disenchanted with the game altogether, knowing that I can’t do any of that again until I’ve progressed more than halfway through my levels. This over 20% of the personal story that I will miss out on!

Kaoss.3186

The issue is a player should be able to see their character’s personal story evolve while understanding the lore behind every instance. This coupled with the enjoyment of completing it with a friend makes for a complete gaming experience.

I’d have to disagree. Mission rewards are, more often than not, items that are extremely useful for the character in question. Are they particularly hard to get, or expensive? Possibly not. But, again, every other character gets it. Why should people affected by a bug have to be at a disadvantage or have to work extra hard to get what other people get for free, as they were INTENDED to?

But more importantly – the experience. Like you said, people enjoy playing with others. Now, imagine playing with a friend and doing everything, in terms of gameplay, with that friend. This bug happens and, suddenly, you find yourself unable to do missions. Missions which are extremely rewarding in terms of experience, giving about 6000 experience and up. This now means you will have to go grind on your own, killing random mobs that give you 30-50 experience or hunt for uncertain events for God knows how long, until you find enough. Does that sound fair to you?

Does it necessarily point towards remaking the character? No. No one said they’d remake the character over experience or items. They said they’d remake it over the gameplay being ruined, and missing out on possibly around ten missions. That does not mean, however, not getting the experience and rewards isn’t frustrating and, ultimately, extremely unfair. Just because you don’t care about a particular point of the issue does not mean others don’t and shouldn’t have their claims answered.

(edited by Kaoss.3186)

Navi.7142

That’s absolutely true, Kaoss!

Posted by: Hsinimod.5784

Hsinimod.5784

I really hope we dont have to start over in order to fix the bug. I put alot of work into my character between crafting, map completions and getting the level 35 culture armor.

Seems like there should be a way to fix this.

If ArenaNet can’t fix characters, surely they can refund those who re-roll a character? As in, give us the materials we used to craft, the money we had gained, and whatever special items we earned. So we start over as level 1 again, but we can quickly re-level our crafting and have our Dyes back, etc. The only thing we need to re-do is the PvE content.

I think it is a valid choice to offer, and would take time to prevent abuse, but that surely could be done.

Playing Devil’s Advocate since 1990.

Posted by: zaxziakohl.5243

zaxziakohl.5243

Did anyone see the pattern here? I would recommend that you NOT share story lines with people of the same race until the problem is solved.

Every single person reporting is the the same race as their party member….

Kaoss.3186

Did anyone see the pattern here? I would recommend that you NOT share story lines with people of the same race until the problem is solved.

Every single person reporting is the the same race as their party member….

In fact, I would go further. Don’t share story lines at all. It’s not worth the risk.

Posted by: Stelex.6925

Stelex.6925

I’m level 54 and partied with 2 others that were level 26 and 24. One was on a level 28 quest, and myself and the other person was on a level 30 quest. So to have our friend catch up, we did his level 28 quest together. After we finished the quest, both their quests skipped somehow and now they have to do a level 48 quest, while I’m still on the level 30 quest. Hopefully this can be fixed so they both can do the proper storyline quests.

Lokiie.7690

I really hope we dont have to start over in order to fix the bug. I put alot of work into my character between crafting, map completions and getting the level 35 culture armor.

Seems like there should be a way to fix this.

If ArenaNet can’t fix characters, surely they can refund those who re-roll a character? As in, give us the materials we used to craft, the money we had gained, and whatever special items we earned. So we start over as level 1 again, but we can quickly re-level our crafting and have our Dyes back, etc. The only thing we need to re-do is the PvE content.

I think it is a valid choice to offer, and would take time to prevent abuse, but that surely could be done.

I was actually just thinking about that too, if we do have to reroll. I dont think it would be that hard for them to give our new character the stuff we had before, if they cant just out right give us an exact clone of the bugged character. Give us the same amount of gold we have now on that character, dyes and any cultural armor.

The thing that makes me dread rerolling (i already did but i cant get my self to actually play it) is all the dyes i had unlocked and my set of 35 human culture armor which took every copper i had. Personally i don’t even care about crafting, just give me my dyes and my culture armor and i could suffer through getting the character back to 35, or 38 which is where my main is now.

Also for the record, I’m not mad in any way at arena net for the bug, i understand they happen, however i would like to see a definitive answer stating that i have to reroll or if they will offer some kind of fix, even if that fix is just them cloning my main in some way.

Posted by: AllToreUp.5120

AllToreUp.5120

But more importantly – the experience. Like you said, people enjoy playing with others. Now, imagine playing with a friend and doing everything, in terms of gameplay, with that friend. This bug happens and, suddenly, you find yourself unable to do missions. Missions which are extremely rewarding in terms of experience, giving about 6000 experience and up. This now means you will have to go grind on your own, killing random mobs that give you 30-50 experience or hunt for uncertain events for God knows how long, until you find enough. Does that sound fair to you?

Absolutely agree. I’m missing a fairly large chunk of quests (30-48), so it looks like I’m going to need to grind on my own just to keep up with my gf.

Their reason for not rolling back quests is absurd. Wouldn’t it be as simple as looking at our My Story tab? SURELY the game pulls the info from SOMEWHERE when calculating our previous decisions. ANet could do it, it’d just be too much work (I’m assuming).

I’m completely appalled at the customer service so far.

Posted by: Stelex.6925

Stelex.6925

Group composition:
-Stelex , Human, Elementalist, 54
-cocobuns, Human, Warrior, 26
-Dragonkitten Human, Thief, 24

-We all did the previous quests and chose Vigil together.

Who owned the Kellach’s Attack instance (which character created the instance in which others joined)?
-Dragonkitten /p>

- Cocobuns
-Dragonkitten /p>

For those who did not progress on to the Level 48 quest, what quest were they directed to instead?
-Stele227 , A Fragile Peace

Stagnant.4035

Hey, just wondering if there is any more information on this issue yet.

Posted by: Sagacity.3120

Sagacity.3120

Yeah the same thing happened to me about 20 minutes ago, made a thread about it cus I didn’t see this one hehe – skipped from The Trap to Suspicious Activity :| I thought seeing it go from 28 – 48 was a bit weird

I too had been skipped from The Trap to Suspicious Activity. Have you created a ticket and received a response about this?

ticket: 120906-003033

Nature can do no less but entertain the living with many a heavy cogitation.

Posted by: TheWilyDoctor.6253

TheWilyDoctor.6253

Had this happen to me earlier, doubt anything will be done for the people who got skrewed up because of it, but may as well hope it’ll at least get fixed for others to come.

Group Comp: Human Ranger (me) Lvl 31, Human Warrior (instance owner) Lvl 30
Player Choices: Warrior chose Whispers and I accepted as well.
Bugged Player: Me, Human Ranger (got shunted to level 48 quest)

I don’t remember the names of the quests, but it’s much like many of the others. Went to Lion’s Arch to the Destiny’s Edge meeting, and afterwards my friend went to the proper quest (level 31 or 32 Whispers quest, can’t remember the exact), and I’m stuck on the 48. Never got the mail my friend said he got for the next step.

I’m hoping people get SOMETHING more than just a ‘sorry’ for all this, because it’s a pretty bad sign when that’s all that happens when such a huge bug comes up.

I guess Logan Thackeray ran way with all my quests!

Posted by: savantido.6807

savantido.6807

This happened tonight to my wife and I. It started as we have been partying together and I chose Order of Whispers and while not choosing herself she was assigned to Vigil so now we are on different paths with Orders. Once we completed the Destiny’s Edge reunion quest tonight I proceeded to the lvl 30 quest Down the Hatch while she jumped ahead to the level 48 quest for the Vigil. We have been partying and enjoying the content together from the start and sorry but saying that this can’t be corrected is just not acceptable as players are being penalized for something out of their control. Missing quests and the rewards associated is just not fair. Please figure out away to resolve this issue and allow the content to progress as expected.

Posted by: Arreat.8940

Arreat.8940

The response from gw2 staff is unsatisfactory. Anyone who has skipped missions has been seriously inconvenienced due to missing experience points/loot/$$ and possibly achievements (?).

Please consider some form of compensation if it truly is impossible to set characters back onto the correct mission that they are on.

Posted by: Merk.7260

Merk.7260

Thank you for at least addressing this issue and letting us know what can and can’t be done. This is already a better customer support than the other big MMO out there today.

I’m a little disappointed that I’ll be required to make a new character, but I’m going to take it at face value and see it as an opportunity to try out other starting areas.

If you guys can ever get around to a fix or compensation, that would be above and beyond what we are entitled to, but I’m sure everyone affected would greatly appreciate it.

Despite having bugs. the way you deal with them and let us know exactly what is happening is amazing. Cheers.

Posted by: Leiard.4532

Leiard.4532

Since this entire fiasco has made a huge hole in the storyline for us, I am curious what everyone else has decided their characters did during those 18+ levels of storyline quest that are now missing content as far as we know… with no plans from Arena Net to fix it (obliterating large pieces of content from our character is not fixing) because we are the minority.

I think this is counter-productive. How will flights of fancy resolve the issue? Rather let them fix the issue, instead of closing this thread, for getting derailed.

Posted by: Rudziaczek.9617

Rudziaczek.9617

The same thing happened to me and my bf.
Group:
- 34 human elementalist and 36 human thief
- we both choosed the vigil

Human thief 36 created the instance of Kellach’s attack.
34 Ele progressed to the 48lvl quest.
Thief progressed to the fragile peace quest.

I hope it helps, thanks for help.

Posted by: Leiard.4532

Leiard.4532

Read the post.. They will just reset you to chapter 6 according to the post. That means if you wanted to know what happened in between those times, you miss it.
Its counter-productive for me to have to repeat that when its in a sticky.

Just because they fix it doesn’t mean they plan to do anything further to fix the people already suffering from the problem.

They are just checking on how to prevent more people from getting it.. which is good. I’d honestly like to see less people having problems. Except they have stated no intent to fix people who already have broken characters due to no fault of their own.

Please look at the whole thread here. People are upset, because they want it fixed for already messed-up characters. Just saying they cannot do it, is just not good enough, period!

As somebody mentioned; what if this happens during a future expansion? Then you must simply re-create the char and redo everything?
This might happen, as they claimed the “bug” was fixed already…

Surely they need a tool that can do a “consistency-check” on a character story and roll it back, to a point, based on your choices.

Anet will HAVE to fix already broken characters story-lines, otherwise you will really have a lot of upset people, who already invested in a character, in many cases their main. And what about dyes unlocked on that char? Crafting levels achieved on the char? Sorry, you must simply redo it… I don’t think so!

If Anet comes out after this and still claims that they cannot fix already broken character stories, then I can promise you that they will be crucified.

(edited by Leiard.4532)

Posted by: noobus.3092

noobus.3092

Same here, on my Thief, after doing the same last few personal quests (below 31) together with a friend, we had the next quest showing at 31 for a while – we went to Lion’s Arch but didn’t enter it, instead we went back to level up a few more days – during all this time it was still showing at 31. But last night I just happen to notice, after traveling again to Lion’s Arch, that my personal quest suddenly shows that my next quest is “On Red Alert” (48) ! My friend says his next personal quest is still at 31 as we remember, so he’s OK — only my personal story is bugged.
Perhaps it’s important to note that in the last few personal quests my friend was the “lead” controling the story, I was only accepting the outcome and accepting the advancing of the personal quest. But now mine is bugged.. Please FIX!

Posted by: Sahfur.5612

Sahfur.5612

Yes, the lead usually doesn’t get it. The follower gets it.

Edit: Though, in some instances either can.

Plants, As far as I know are still, still bending toward
the light! And if we dance, until the heart explodes,
It’ll make this place ignite!

Posted by: Ailurophilia.8914

Ailurophilia.8914

Group composition:
Two humans, One level 28 (Guardian, me) one 27 (Ranger)

Both order of whispers

The other player (27 ranger)

I did (28 guardian)

Stealing Secrets

Posted by: bloodyalpha.3297

bloodyalpha.3297

Hi You ahve said it all as the above,
Mmine has jumped from lvl 30 to 48 and my friends has stay the same

Posted by: JoshAxey.6543

JoshAxey.6543

This occured before the “fix”, but hey.

Group composition:
Charr Engineer, Level 35(?) – Durmand Priory
Charr Ranger, Level 31(?) – Durmand Priory

Research and Destroy was the quest we were on.

The Charr Engineer (Axey) went on to On Red Alert (level 48)
The Charr Ranger went on to Dredging Up The Past which is the appropriate step in the chain.

You say there is nothing that can be done for the ones who have been affected… that’s a pretty poor way to treat the issue.
That’s a handful of personal story gone, experience points gone, gear gone, FUN gone.
It’s disheartening, especially when you are attached to a character.

If you are technically unable to roll our story back, surely you can give us the appropriate experience and gear? At least the experience?

Really disappointed, especially with the intent of personal story being a big part of the experience of the game…..

Like others have said.. what about the few hours I’ve already poured in after work on this character, the dye unlocks, crafting, gear and transmutes, key uses, etc. I don’t want to re-roll this guy.
This feels very wrong to not have a fix coming for us who have already been affected.

Not a happy customer.

(edited by JoshAxey.6543)

Posted by: noobus.3092

noobus.3092

After posting my experience with the same bug I saw that there has been an official response from about this bug already which I found quite unconvincing. I am a software developer myself and while I admit this game is an outstanding work, addressing this bug in particular does not seem to involve more than a reset of the story line data to the point just before the gap in the story line. The gap is glaringly obvious there in the *My Story" tab – so in the server-side data it should be obvious as well, so I urge developers to make an effort and implement an automatic check & fix of this annoying bug which is disappointing for a lot of customers:

1) Check the story log of each character to find if there is a gap in the story line

2) If such a gap exists, reset the story to the last personal quest before the gap

I’ve yet to see a convincing explanation as to why an approach like this wouldn’t work. I’m pretty sure that whatever collateral personal “story” issues this fix could introduce for a particular character would be less undesirable than what the current bug is introducing.
Depriving players of game content because of a bug and then being unwilling to fix it properly is not good for your karma

Posted by: Ragnor.1059

Ragnor.1059

This happened to my wife who already posted the details but to add to the outcry over this issue.

“This issue should be fixed as of the latest build of the game, and while we will unfortunately not be able to reset characters which have already skipped the level 30-48 story steps, any new characters should not run in to this issue.”

This does not work, we played together so we can level and have our story together and then meet up again on our story quests. now neither of us want to play much, only because we cannot progress her story unless we start over. I wish I could say this type of response would not be expected in any industry but we all know it happens hopefully ANet will try and prevent any fallout from this by resolving the issue.

Posted by: Dohrinrhine.7509

Dohrinrhine.7509

Group composition:
Race, Profession, Level of Characters, etc.

when it happened to me, we were:
Human Ranger level 29 both, my name is Dohrin Rhine and hers was Diva Ceryn.
She lead the instance and i was passenger for The Trap. after the reward we farmed to level 30 still in same party. afterwards i switched characters in order to pull bags out of the bank for my asura then switched back. we mapped to lions arch where she (the leader) stayed the same while i advanced to level 48 mission. we were going to do Stealing Secrets when this happened ( where all the destinys edge meet up).

Posted by: Rushlock.4731

Rushlock.4731

I’m on the lvl 48 “On Red Alert” story mode now. When I get to the point of firing a Treb, it’s bugged. I can fire the Treb once as it’s presently aimed (not at target) but once I move the Treb left or right, it will not fire.

Posted by: Kingslayer.1784

Kingslayer.1784

This happened to me last night what kind of a bug is this? My wife was the group leader and hers advanced correctly and mine to the level 48 mission and we were doing the Stealing Secrets when it happened. Can my characters quest line be corrected? This is really irritating.

This bug seems to be directly related to group with other people while doing your quests and you are not the leader of the group.

(edited by Kingslayer.1784)

Lokiie.7690

I’m on the lvl 48 “On Red Alert” story mode now. When I get to the point of firing a Treb, it’s bugged. I can fire the Treb once as it’s presently aimed (not at target) but once I move the Treb left or right, it will not fire.

Does that mean that you had the skip bug happen and then played through anyway trying to do the level 48 mission? And it ends up bugged and unable to finish too? I think thats the second time i have read that happen to some one with the skipped story.

Posted by: Blades.9417

Blades.9417

This is even worst, i doubt many people who got the skip forward bug continued from that point, if it bugs out the quest then it breaks not only by skipping but also by not allowing people to play. This is a major bug, ANet always said players should be rewarded for playing together, if this bug doesnt get a convincing fix, by this i mean roll back those who got bugged, (its the ONLY way it gets fixed convincigly, otherwise is just a compensation for the trouble, in my opinion), then anet is just showing the middle finger to the fans.

it has been said before, you took the time to give second chances to cheaters and exploiters, why do those people that attempted to “break” your game deserve more attention than those of us that played it legit? seriously?

SFR thief.

(edited by Blades.9417)

Kaoss.3186

it has been said before, you took the time to give second chances to cheaters and exploiters, why do those people that attempted to “break” your game deserve more attention than those of us that played it legit? seriously?

This still boggles my mind to this day. Why they would chose to put those people over us is just incredibly unfair.