Got 100% map completion on VB, no reward [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Lt Lantz.1940

Lt Lantz.1940

Anet responded to topic on reddit about this issue saying that they know about this issue and are working on fixing it

The topic:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3qtuk7/any_word_on_glitched_map_completion_rewards/?

Thanks for the heads up. Glad to know that they’re aware and working on it.

Posted by: GODh.3892

GODh.3892

I have this problem too. Finished VB yesterday on my main Sylvari ranger (i have a ranger of every race), but no reward. That char also has 100% Tyria, but i am not sure about the newer maps, but most likely 100% too (never received rewards).

Posted by: hotcatz.6834

hotcatz.6834

On my main account I have 15 characters with 100% map completion, so have held off at 98% in VB, on my 2nd account I have a character at 92% so went ahead and completed VB, got the rewards, yea opened the elementalists cache, yea got an exotic dagger… But it didn’t unlock the cache in the achievement panel((((((
Possibly because I didn’t have tempest unlocked yet but even so

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Just just did VB for the first time on my necro, no reward. Apparently there was also suppose to be map rewards for Silverwaste, Dry Top etc. (well according to Guild Gab) No rewards there either. I guess I don’t mind a few bugs, but I’m just worried that when ANet finally patches this that I might not get my map reward

Posted by: Saephaan.7285

Saephaan.7285

same exact problem. don’t know what to do.

Posted by: Kirito.3594

Kirito.3594

We are all in the same boat then.. Everybody with 100% Map completion pre-HoT have their rewards bugged for the new map completion. Anet pls fix it fast Want my legendary !

Posted by: Captain Suzuki.8067

Captain Suzuki.8067

96% map completion on Auric Basin and wont bother doing the completion till Anet responds and fixes these bugs. No response from them is frustrating considering the number of updates or fixes…. I guess they have no idea what the problem is lol!

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Anet responded to topic on reddit about this issue saying that they know about this issue and are working on fixing it

The topic:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3qtuk7/any_word_on_glitched_map_completion_rewards/?

That’s great, but I hate the way Anet will respond on Reddit but completely ignore there own forums, it would be nice to get some official communication on this, im holding off on map completion because of this bug,

This bug was known about on day 2 of the HoT release since then we’ve had what, 11 patches to the game, and this one is still there!!!

Posted by: Toasty.9134

Toasty.9134

We are all in the same boat then.. Everybody with 100% Map completion pre-HoT have their rewards bugged for the new map completion. Anet pls fix it fast Want my legendary !

Not much point at the moment though since you can’t even do anything with it yet.

Posted by: Creswald.1624

Creswald.1624

I wonder if we’ll get rewards for maps that were completed before rewards have been announced, like sw. I have done sw on multiple chars and hope I wont just miss the rewards now.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Well I’ve (as far as I can tell) gotten all the Mastery Points in Verdant Brink, just in case, but that doesn’t seem to have fixed it either.

I wonder if we’ll get rewards for maps that were completed before rewards have been announced, like sw. I have done sw on multiple chars and hope I wont just miss the rewards now.

Not sure if there is any useful rewards for SW and DT, but I do know the rewards for Magus Falls maps are important for legendaries and collections. So yeah, this kinda seems important that we get those.

Posted by: Authos.2593

Authos.2593

Same problem as these guys. World completion in Tyria and no reward on map complete while my friend who doesn’t have Tyria completion got his rewards as we did it together.

Posted by: YuukiRus.8204

YuukiRus.8204

Yep.

My 100% Map completion Elementalist is displayed as 0% Map Completion -w-
I also was ripped off of any map completion rewards I tried to get in Verdint Brink and Auric Basin.

It’s completely broken and gating off crafting anything requiring map exploration.. (Literally every new legendary, so this is terrific)

Posted by: papy.8571

papy.8571

+ for this i did a map completion on an hot map with my 2 map completed tyria chars no rewards but with no tyria completion i got reward hope anet fix this

Posted by: Boxy.3824

Boxy.3824

Just want to add to the growing list here. Have 100% world completion. Verdant gave me nothing on 100% completion.

Now i don’t really mind about rewards to be honest, except for the fact that you NEED the x-cache in order to complete your elite ascended weapon, so it’s kind of a devastating

Posted by: minoruhiei.4283

minoruhiei.4283

I have 100% map completion for Tyria, just completed VB earlier today and I didnt get any reward either

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Since I have 100% completions on nearly all my characters, I’m completing the jungle maps, but leaving 1 item undone on each character and each map so that I can finish them when the bug is fixed.

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

Same here, just completed it and was wondering where the reward was… Bit of a disappointment!

Posted by: Barzhal.2640

Barzhal.2640

Same problem. All the bugs are getting really annoying. I’m wondering if I should just come back in a few months when the major issues are fixed.

Posted by: Ausiris.5810

Ausiris.5810

Same probleem with my account and my spouse’s also. We both had 100% Explorer on the character prior to HOT

Posted by: yama.2489

yama.2489

Same problem here with SW. I’ve also got world completion on my character.

This is good to know or I might have gone ahead and completed more maps that are not part of world completion. Here’s a hoping the rewards can be given out retroactively.

Creamy Mami / Mesmer / Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: lorddarkflare.9186

lorddarkflare.9186

Same here. Had this issue for both SW and VB. I hope it is fixed soon.

And I would not worry about the retro-activity. I HAS to be retroactive as map completion caches are needed for Specialization Collections.

Posted by: BrandyBiscuits.2873

BrandyBiscuits.2873

Bumping this thread until a dev/ someone gets it noticed because it’s been here since silver wastes and dry TOP and now the new maps are important because new legendaries yo

This bug only exists for characters that have 100% map completion on vanilla gw2.

Posted by: Sebby.5146

Sebby.5146

same issue ,completed VB today without anything rewarded >_<

Posted by: Elorna.5329

Elorna.5329

Bumping this to first page, it’s a pretty gamebreaking bug for completionists.

The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved.

Posted by: Joker.8724

Joker.8724

same here , 100% , but no reward and no Thief’s Cache for the Bo

Posted by: dadante.1943

dadante.1943

same here 100% whit guardian and no reward chest ,i did it 2 time whit my rev and got it and my mesmer too and got it but my guardian dont have it ;/

Posted by: Ofir.2405

Ofir.2405

Same here I have 100% world completion, and I had this isuee yestarday when I explored all of Southsun Cove. However, my friend who didnt have 100% world completion did get the rewards for doing 100% southsun cove. I have reported a ticket on it. I also have the same issue for Drytop.

It seems that everyone who have unlocked 100% world map cant get the rewards for completing other maps that doesnt count for the 100% world map. (i.e southsun cove, drytop, SW, and the new HOT maps).

Posted by: Taek.4671

Taek.4671

Same here never got Verdant Brink map completion. Have world completion on this character.

[TGA]The Gamers Asylum

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Come on, one of you guys with the pretty red anet tag respond to this please. It is GAME BREAKING. As in blocking progress and hurts your most loyal customers. You know the ones playing these maps 100%. Seriously not cool

Attachments:

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

(edited by jportell.2197)

Posted by: Okram.6357

Okram.6357

Yeah

Just finished VB map to 100%
didint get map completion reward.

Kronax

Posted by: Shana.3179

Shana.3179

Same here 100% and got nothing

Posted by: Okhu.7948

Okhu.7948

Just what I wanted Anet, a punch in the stomach for completing your maps. Why should I even bother playing until this is fixed?

Posted by: jessym.2109

jessym.2109

So this also happened to me. I completed VB yesterday and got 0 rewards.. And this is very frustrating for obvious reasons.. Please, Anet! DO SOMETHING _

Posted by: Dark Lord.9562

Dark Lord.9562

I also just a moment ago got 100% map completion on verdant brink but did not get any reward.. Please Arena Net fix this!

EDIT: Just got 100% on Aurc Basin and that did not either give me any reward.

Attachments:

(edited by Dark Lord.9562)

Posted by: Ohro.5874

Ohro.5874

No reward, Verdant Brink – 100 , Map from basic game on 100… Are you serious right now?

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

Did it on my necro, got reward, did on my thief a couple of hours later, did not get a reward

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

No reward here, 100% VB…………

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Guys, its the weekend, im pretty sure they are at home, or at least most of them are.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Guys, its the weekend, im pretty sure they are at home, or at least most of them are.

We’re aware of that however, people still can post to show that it is a global issue.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

We’re aware of that however, people still can post to show that it is a global issue.

True yes, but there isnt a reason to be rude, which a few posters have been. They know its an issue.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Seems that 100% map completion in original maps is somehow affecting the reward for completion in the new ones. Friend completed jungle maps on a character without original Tyria completion and received rewards.

Posted by: Fubukitsune.8359

Fubukitsune.8359

I have 100% world completions on many many characters from a few years ago. Upon finishing Verdant Brink maps Completion, Dry Top, the Silverwastes, and Southsun Cove. I received no rewards. I understand things happen but to be honest you should have known previous to this if there were going to be coding issues for those of us who had completed the world one or many times over on alts. The xpac is good, but debating if buying it was worth it after spending time completing the new maps before they were nerfed to receive 0 rewards towards the class specific related items for the collection system. In a way it reminds me of the WvW rewards systems being botched over and over. =(
Thanks if you can fix this, or plan to.

Posted by: Vivaer.8360

Vivaer.8360

Same here on my Daredevil, 100% Central Tyria, and just finished Verdant Brink without reward. Hopefully the bug will be fixed soon!

Conan Clawfang/80 Warrior/Berserker
Kolt Winchester/80 Engineer/Scrapper
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuM53ZlpcHdXktNd9Esefzg (My YT Channel)

Posted by: popesy.4315

popesy.4315

same bug just happened to me in Verdant Brink on my necro

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

Same thing happened to me. Mainly wanted the Guardian Cache for the collection.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

Posted by: hgkmaxymus.9321

hgkmaxymus.9321

[…]
So I think the problem here is that characters that have Tyria World Completion arent getting map completion rewards from the HoT maps because they have been ‘locked out’ from world completion rewards. This might be because during the living story the maps changed quite a bit, so to prevent players from ‘re-achieving’ world complete the devs locked out those characters from map completion rewards.

Purely speculation, but either way I did not get map completion upon 100% completing Verdant Brink.
[…]

I think that’s the case. My Reaper has 100% World Completion and didn’t get the chest.

This is MADNESS!!!

Posted by: Tircainen.7169

Tircainen.7169

Count me in. 100% Tyria on main character. No message/chest after completing Verdant Brink.

Posted by: Luca.9638

Luca.9638

Same for me…
Warrior with 100% and no rewards for Verdant Brink and Auric Basin
Elementalist with 100% and no rewards for Verdant Brink

Posted by: EroticAndHeretic.7398

EroticAndHeretic.7398

Engineer without reward too.