Heart and Minds [Final Story Step Bugs]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

I really just want to finish the game.

[Frustrated Whinge]
Me too. but not like this.

Just as with the original PS, I’m peeved as heck about the final episode. I haven’t attempted it now for weeks, and very much doubt I will any time soon. I’ve resigned myself to not completing it until ANet does a “PS1 ending” on it and alters it into something not only different but solo-able.

With the original PS my objection was that, simply, after every episode being “my” story and something I could try solo, the final one quite arbitrarily needed me to hook up with a random group of other players to have any chance of succeeding. And I really don’t understand why, having changed the first PS ending to make it solo-able, ANet should then promptly inflict exactly the same flawed agenda on us in the new content. This time I not only feel pretty much the same, but am also totally fed up with the crappy fight mechanisms, the appalling “jail” mechanism on the last fight, and the numerous bugs I’ve either hit on the couple of occasions when I’ve managed to whip together enough friends to at least attempt it, or have read about here.

I love GW2, and that includes the PvE experience – but once again, what could have been a great finale to “my” journey has left me with a bad taste and feeling hard done by.
[/Frustrated Whinge]

(edited by Doghouse.1562)

Posted by: twisted fate.7089

twisted fate.7089

There seems to be a bug or bugs in the final fight. During the final part when you open the rift . It will bug, the rift disappers. It should say he’s weaken and hit him with everything you’ve got. After several trys with different characters I have only been able to get credit for the final fight once. Everyone else in my party didn’t get credit. When the bug hppens and the rift vanishes all NPC just stand there. You can try and hit Mordremoth but he will take no damage. Has area net even tried to address this problem? It would be nice to accually finish this on my other characters.

Posted by: Calixtus.8617

Calixtus.8617

So many bugs with this story instance please get it sorted out.

I have put 9 characters through this so far and everyone has been bugged.

Either rift is bugged or you get to last phase and his break bar will not go down when you interact with the rift.

Sort of okay in normal mode although still slightly annoying BUT in Migraine mode it is downright frustrating. 3 hours in and got to the end phase for it to bug and with only 1 party still alive and breakbar would not break on using the rift and as only 1 party left unable to break the bar to finish him off.

These bugs have been ongoing for weeks/months and need to be sorted. To get to the final chapter and to be still full of bugs after all this time is wrong.

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

Try to post this in the bugs forums.
Generally,the Living Story chapters and the journal UI have always been bugged in one way or another.
I waited about a year for a fix to the Ogden bug that made replaying the 6th chapter of season 2 impossible.Eventually I gave up.Hopefully you won’t have to wait that long.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Posted by: twisted fate.7089

twisted fate.7089

There seems to be a bug or bugs in the final fight. During the final part when you open the rift . It will bug, the rift disappers. It should say he’s weaken and hit him with everything you’ve got. After several trys with different characters I have only been able to get credit for the final fight once. Everyone else in my party didn’t get credit. When the bug hppens and the rift vanishes all NPC just stand there. You can try and hit Mordremoth but he will take no damage. Has area net even tried to address this problem? It would be nice to accually finish this on my other characters.

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

There are all kinds of bugs preventing me from finishing the Mordremoth fight to complete the story. Half the time the updrafts or the flight don’t work (can’t get up, can’t deploy glider, updrafts missing, updrafts invisible). So as soon as I get the the big attack aka the electrified floor, I instantly get killed because the thing that is supposed to let me survive is broken. The more times I attempt the fight before quitting in disgust, the more stuff seems to bug out.

(edited by Boogiepop Void.6473)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I have been lucky enough to find Hearts and Minds relatively bug free in all my runs, and I’ve done it a lot this past week to finish my ley armor collection.

But there is one repeatable bug I don’t think I have seen anyone mention: If anyone but the instance owner triggers the rifts, the very last phase against Mordremoth bugs out the rift so it will not appear and his defiance bar has to be brute forced down so if your surviving people don’t have good cc to break it he remains invulnerable.

It could be that the instance owner was up in the peanut gallery each time. But I know that on all my runs after the first time we hit that bug I asked that only the one who started the instance use the rifts, and it all went flawlessly. On my final ley box run I had one friend and 3 pugs and even though I said only the owner should do the rifts due to this bug, someone else jumped in the first one after killing Corrupted Eir (and then the owner died in the updraft phase against Mordy). Sure enough, the npcs yelled the rift was ready but it didn’t open and we had to struggle against a strong blue bar to end the fight.

tldr: If anyone but the instance owner hits F on any rifts from the very first one, it seems likely the final anti-Mordy rift will fail to open and thus make him difficult to stun. (Or maybe it’s the owner being in the peanut gallery that does that).

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Anytime I’ve done the story with someone else as the Instance Owner, I haven’t been able to interact with the rifts. I assumed that meant that no one other than the Instance Owner could even get an interact option when they go to one of the rifts. As for the final rift not showing up, to add more data, I’ve only ever had that happen when the instance owner was up in the penalty box.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Posted by: M K Kat.4718

M K Kat.4718

I and others have repeatedly tried to beat Mordremoth in Hearts and Minds – successfully defeating everything right up to the very last phase of the battle – when the dragon’s breakline simply cannot be broken, no matter what we do. Are you EVER going to fix this?

Posted by: REBEL.6593

REBEL.6593

Yes I am upset Yes I speak for several of us who have tried to finish the Hearts and Minds by killing the bad guy Mordremoth….and Yes all of these times…after fighting all Mordremoth’s bad guys who happen to be my fantasy friends…when it gets down to the last friggen fight his breakbar stops breaking. You are now stalled out…he takes no damage and he is a shadow of himself. I have gone through many repair cannisters, food items, utility items and boosters. I really wanted to get this finished before Season 3. Tried mordremoth when season 2 started , several months later and now today…thx

(edited by REBEL.6593)

Posted by: Tatellia.1307

Tatellia.1307

Well I sent a E-Mail to support about this telling them that we had the not being able to break his break bar on last step 3 times the other night, and I got there reply as that there are no known bugs about this step.
Then they give a wiki link to explain the steps well I have done the steps so many times up to the last part of his step that I don’t need the wiki to explain how to get there.
But this goes back 8 months and this is here and it is still happening and there are no known issues with this fight HMM.

Do they even read there own forums. Sorry but you do this so many times it hard not to get upset when you know what happened and it seems they say no it didn’t there are no bugs in this fight.

Posted by: REBEL.6593

REBEL.6593

EXACTLY!! I so agree with you Tatellia!! It has been months and nothing is done to fix it…for some reason some people have no problem finishing and then there are so many people that cannot but will not take the time to come here to report it. They say that ArenaNet doesn’t do a thing about it no matter. ARENANET if you can hear me make them wrong!! Fix this story please so we can finish the season!!

Posted by: Tatellia.1307

Tatellia.1307

Well just tried this solo again and no go got the go up to fly wings not open BOOM die. Then the go up wings open hit next updraft wings fold BOOM die twice, and am out 4 more repair canisters [which I guess they don’t understand cost in some way real world money.
But I think there is just a small amount of accounts that have this so I have come to the conclusion that it will not be fixed for us and I might as well give up and just understand this will be as far as I can go on this which means locked out of getting Forsaken Thicket, and just move along understanding this. Don’t want to waste time and using stuff [that cost money] to keep trying to get this.

IF a developer would just read this post maybe there would not be this there are no known bugs about this fight, seems to be plenty of bugs but like I said I think it effects a small number of accounts.
So think it just best to move along and not worry about it.

Posted by: Kylden Ar.3724

Kylden Ar.3724

Really?

This is getting really old.

Kylden
Leader of TACO mini-roamer guild, Kaineng.

Posted by: Ashandar.2570

Ashandar.2570

They have your money, why should they care?

In due time, all will serve the asura.

Posted by: Kylden Ar.3724

Kylden Ar.3724

Well, they are not getting it for XPac 2 until months after lauch, if then, if it will also be this buggy.

Kylden
Leader of TACO mini-roamer guild, Kaineng.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Because money runs out, meaning they need his money again in the future. And doing a crapshoot job now makes it unlikely they will get monetary support later.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Why is this a surprise? Have you played other MMO’s? Sometimes it’s years before bugs are fixed or even never if they aren’t that big a deal.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Some bugs have been fixed, others no so much. I’ve done Heart and Minds quite a few times to help guildies and haven’t seen bugs in quite a while.

Posted by: Rain.7543

Rain.7543

What is bugged exactly? Where? How? You dont specify anything, neither explain in more detail the bug you encounter. This thread feels more of a just a complain for the sake of complaining without offering much in a way of explanation. As it is stands now I am pretty sure your thread will be ignored and taken for what it is – pointless and mindless rant.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Like Mirror said.
I completed this quest without problems, so did other people I know, so it would help if you could tell us exactly what was bugged.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: TheNecrosanct.4028

TheNecrosanct.4028

I’ve also finished the HoT story on 8 or 9 characters, and only encountered a bug on my first run, about a week after HoT was released. The other characters were all able to do it without anything bugging out, and that was months later. So what exactly is/are this/these bug(s) you’re talking about?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

The first time I did the instance, I had no problems. The second time, I had the bug where Braham placed the rift on a part of the map that I could no longer walk on (the ground was gone). The last two times I’ve done it (once as a duo and once solo and both times being within the last two months), it bugged on us/me when transitioning to the final phase; either the rift would never appear or the rift couldn’t be interacted with. Both times resulted in having to reset the fight (and in the case of the duo, it rapidly jumped from phase 1 to the very end of the final phase). So, yup. There are still bugs that CAN show up.

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

I’ve never been able to complete it. Either my glider won’t deploy or the updrafts don’t spawn so I can’t stay in the air or the vents from the ground don’t work so I can’t get in the air to begin with.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I did it five times last weekend (I thought there was a vague chance of LS3 starting last Tuesday and wanted to finish my ley armor collection before everyone was off after the new shinies, just in case). The only bug I encountered was in the last run, a pugged one, not having the final rift open either due to the instance opener being in the skybox or due to someone else having opened earlier rifts despite my suggestion against that, and as we still had two people alive on the floor we had enough cc to power down the defiance bar and end the fight. At which point the instance opener was back on the floor and able to run up to press F.

Yes, anecdotal. And I’m not saying the bugs aren’t there. But they aren’t consistently there, so they will be harder for the programmers to track down and eradicate.

Boogiepop, just to check, you have your graphics high enough to see the updrafts and you are running onto them, not jumping onto them, right? I’ve been flung up without fail every time I ran across one and only those accursed flying rocks have kept me from staying up.

Posted by: Squee Squashington.5189

Squee Squashington.5189

It’s my first time playing through the story, specifically the last chapter of Heart of Thorns, “Hearts and Minds.” I know it’s been out for a long time, but Spoiler Alert if you haven’t made it that far.

First attempt went about as well as you can expect, picked Braham and Canach and stumbled once or twice but made it through all the fights, even the final encounter. After finishing the “final stomp,” the last words I hear are “What have you done?” The game takes over and I’m supposed to arrive at a place where Rhytlock has the next line, but the game boots me.

Lag is one thing, but I very rarely have issues getting disconnected in any game. But I decided to log off for a few hours and try again later in the event that it was me.

Second try picked Braham and Caithe. After defeating Braham’s boss I clicked on the rift and a few moments later another disconnect.

Any one having this issue? What do I even do?!

Legendary Defender of Casuals

Posted by: gina daniels.8597

gina daniels.8597

I completed part 16 two times.. and everytime i win the fight my game disconnects me before i get rewarded for it… what is going on.. i restarted the game client and there was no updates.. i really dont wanna have to do this part of the story repeatedly to get or not get past it.. so for right now im stuck.

gina daniels.8597

I completed part 16 two times.. and everytime i win the fight my game disconnects me before i get rewarded for it… what is going on.. i restarted the game client and there was no updates.. i really dont wanna have to do this part of the story repeatedly to get or not get past it.. so for right now im stuck.

gina daniels.8597

make that 3 times completed to disconnect to character selection screen again

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can contact the CS Team via the ‘Support’ link above/below and ‘Submit a Request’ for assistance.

Good luck.

Posted by: Risensoul Shockwave.1564

Risensoul Shockwave.1564

Still go through last story step and Mordremoth bugs…all that time wasted so many times. How is this still bugged?

Posted by: Forrestoftime.3260

Forrestoftime.3260

Ok so everytime I try to finish the first dream fights it always disconnects right after i activate the rift cutscene back to the actual game. I don’t understand it cause I have perfect internet, I keep my settings to medium, Its 1 am in the morning and for whatever reason the game decides to disconnect me after every first fight. What is going on here, I’m finally in the mood to complete the story to do the living story season 3 and then this happens………

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

If you pick caithe sometimes if bugs where the boss disappears and you have to restart it all over again. I mad a bug ticket thing for it.

Posted by: Edward Stryder.5706

Edward Stryder.5706

I am working on completing Hearts and Minds on all 9 of my characters. I have completed it on 8, my Herald cannot complete it. I finished it with number 8 a few days ago and it crashed on 75% of the HoT story lines, number 9 only crashed on about half of them until I hit Hearts and Minds. It crashes every time after I kill Mordremoth. This last time all I had to do was push F in the final cut scene when it crashed. Client has lost connection to the server please try again later. That is the crash I have gotten 117 times while completing the HoT story line with 8 of my characters. If I don’t get that error then it is one of the “please follow me” sections where they just stop and stare at me until I log out. I just want to finish HoT on my Herald so I can get my last piece of gear.

Posted by: Kreiri.9048

Kreiri.9048

The bug with rift doing absolutely nothing to Mordremoth is still not fixed. It’s been how many months already?

Posted by: Ender.5704

Ender.5704

I can confirm that this bug…

“- (Do not have a repro for it) Caith can sometimes fail to become neutral state resulting in her kicking you around the instance (if not selected to accompany you in)”

Is still in effect, I worked my kitten off to get to the end fight but cant finish it because Caith became immune and didnt want to get sucked in to the rift. Once she wasnt stunned anymore she just kicked me around and both she and Mordremoth was immune to damage.

Posted by: Ophidia Moonstone.2587

Ophidia Moonstone.2587

Every time I have tried to do the last fight of this story I rage quit. The vents don’t work the last phase of the fight. I get him down to 10% health and then the vents won’t deploy. I decided I will never finish this story. I have reported it as a bug, no one cared to respond to me. I just don’t play this game to get that angry. I may not buy the next expansion as a result of that experience.

Posted by: Mizukiaki.8590

Mizukiaki.8590

The Final story event was fine before all the changes were added. They should have never added everything they did. Since the change, the soloing became impossible, never mind trying to do it with a party. Most players do it once and never again.

Great games come and go, but the Awesome games are endless!!
Matron Kaldona Kye, Mesmer GW since launch.
Matron Kaldona Kye, Sylvari Chronomancer GW2 since closed Beta.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The Final story event was fine before all the changes were added. They should have never added everything they did. Since the change, the soloing became impossible, never mind trying to do it with a party. Most players do it once and never again.

but they haven’t added anything …

Posted by: Anyandrell.6238

Anyandrell.6238

You’d think so long after release these bugs would be fixed. Tried 4 times tonight with a guildie, same thing, half the time the updrafts don’t work, and every single time, Mordy at the end becomes permanently invulnerable.

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

I don’t think they fixed this bug yet, just encounter this bug today. I think it bugged out after i opened the rift without clearing all foes first, the rift is gone and boss no longer take damage and stuckef forever.

It is not a necro post but something need attention