Instant "God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals"

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Lusteregris.2697

Lusteregris.2697

We can really go on and on about other stuff that needs work. I can add from myself: Shatterer too easy, Jungle Wurm not having enough health, bugged Ogre Wars, no new Fractals, dungeon’s need to be improved, wvw needs new features, no template system.. if someone wants to find other ‘more important’ fix to work on, there is a lot of em. For each person different..

We are beyond a point of ‘its hard’, ‘we dont want to rush’, ‘there is other stuff to work on’. Its been simply too long, i respected these excuses 3, 4 months ago, not now. And im not angry, im just tired of constantly hearing ‘soon’, waiting with anticipation to next big update and then seeing ‘Content temporarily disabled, check again later[lol]’, followed by another ‘soon’ + a few people ‘good, hush, no rush’.

And making noise about the matter is good because there is no obvious sign that its disabled. Check gw1 website, wiki’s, everything. Only one-line note in patch half year ago + small forum threads popping up from time to time. I had no idea it was disabled until after I spoke with Kimmes.

Please Anet, fix it. Pleease.

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

It’s just the title they’re worried about, right? Nobody was able to get in and claim skins or pets when the bug happened, so it’s just the title?

I’m really not sure why they didn’t just change the GWAMM title to something minor like “Lucky”, implement a new GWAMM title, and tell everyone that has HoM points they need to reclaim it. Seems it would be faster than trying to edit it off of specific accounts.

They haven’t said for sure that no one got any skins that day. But there are up to 11 titles they’d have to remove (some people just got around 39 points unlocked, where others managed to get enough to get to GWAMM), not just the GWAMM title. Then there’s the 50 AP for each 5 points unlocked, plus any AP chest rewards people may have received from those AP. So, no, it’s not as simple as taking away the one title, I’m afraid. :\

It is 100% sure that nobody got any skins that day. The Hot was bugged and trying to enter crashed your game.

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

i still care…..i want my stygian reaver

That is one of the nicest skins from HoM.

Bump for a response from ANET; this wait is beyond any justification.

I was at 26/50 when this bug surfaced a few months ago, and since then have slowly made it to 29/50, so I too am just dying to have that axe skin. I’ll just keep being patient and progress more with the HoM in GW1, but I’m still worried how this fix didn’t make it into the latest patch. Starting to seem like this probably won’t get fixed until HoT’s release, if that…

It didn’t make it in because it wasn’t done. They have had to make a tool to edit accounts for something they never meant to be edited. They have to make sure they don’t break anyone’s account, because that would be even worse.

And to a prior, there is a point where no matter how many times something is complained about, it won’t make a difference to the outcome. If they rush it, it WOULD break things. Even taking every precaution it would still be risky. So they are testing it on backup copies of accounts to make sure nothing at all breaks. We were told that ~2 weeks ago. We’ve been told repeatedly that it’s being worked on, that it’s almost done, but anyone wanting the skins should prefer it work properly even if it takes another 3 months, than a risk of it breaking even 1 persons account. Should much rather prefer they take extra time to fully test it even if it delays the release longer.

If I could trust their word then I might buy that argument. I don’t believe the facts fit the picture you’ve been led to believe and are regurgitating. What facts have you personally seen? None, you’ve not seen the code base, the database structure, the UML model – nothing; you’ve only heard their excuse and take it as fact without proof. Sure, I don’t want anyone’s account messed up but the fact is they introduced the issue and they have not made it the top priority that it should be to fix it.

They just converted the entire trait system to something completely different and I promise you that wasn’t originally designed to evolve the way it did but they made it a priority and it got done!

Making new skins every other week and new items in the gem store, that’s all I am seeing.

I have a very good idea of how much work it would take to fix this, and I know how different new skins and new items are. It’s not the same people, it’s not the same level of work, and it sure isn’t the same risk (new items no risk to accounts, editing accounts to remove titles they never planned on ever removing? very risky). It isn’t that I’m just regurgitating what they tell us, and if you were to peruse my history on this subject compared with dates they told us things, you’d see that. If it was an easy fix, they would have done it long ago.

(edited by Lunacy Solacio.6514)

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

You have one option, and I doubt it will work: open a ticket with Support and ask them to send you an account bound copy of a particular skin that you have earned and are currently drooling over.

Why would you want to punish support like that?

Hmm. Take care of customer complaints. Their job. I’m seeing a connection. A nontenuous connection. Something they have done before for less deserving circumstances. I don’t see it as a punishment. It’s more like a…. hmm.. what’s the word? Responsibility? It may be one that occasionally sucks, but it’s one that they have committed themselves to doing. I tend to go light on ANet, but I still expect them to hold up their end of a bargain made.

I understand that this isn’t a fix. This is definitely a stopgap measure. But it’s one that Support has demonstrated they are capable of doing, it’s a quick enough fix (compare wardrobe and HoM points to rewards chart), it resolves the problem permanently for those involved, and it makes people happy.

I already stated it probably wouldn’t work, and that’s being bourne out by the few that have tried ;(

(edited by Sariel V.7024)

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Arena y promiss to fix HOM in this LA patch )
Why HOM not fixed ( ???

Did they? I don’t think they did.
And in a huge patch that tumbles everything around, it’s maybe best not to add yet another factor to screw things up. I’m betting we might see the HoM patch in a near future patch though.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Therodin.2970

Well they were “close, seriously!” like 30 days ago

Posted by: Aidan Eighthrain.8612

Aidan Eighthrain.8612

Must have been a sunday.

(edited by Aidan Eighthrain.8612)

Posted by: Zelu.1692

Zelu.1692

kitten! I was so happy to have finally unlocked a few things in GW1, went to the HoM in GW2 and then this!? sigh

They really make it kitten you to like their game…

Zel Silverleaf – 80 Guardian
Zelyahine – 80 Ranger
Victory is Life Eternal [VILE] – Desolation

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I hope they fix this with resilience, i’d rather it be completely fixed & them take the time to ensure this doesn’t happen again VS a quick fix that would leave tons of loopholes.
That being said, I am waiting for them to fix it. I have been playing gw1 in my spare time & have almost gotten all of my HoM points but cannot actually reap the rewards in GW2 which is somewhat blah.

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

Will HoM be back in time for Heart of Thorns?

Aidan Eighthrain.8612

It’s on the table, with the release date and the price at release.

Posted by: Arioch.7432

Arioch.7432

I’m curious why they don’t solve it by giving people who have rightful access to it a red (or different colour) portal gem that goes to the access. Or unlocks in in warddrobe. Add something small rather than edit existing stuff.

Lunacy Solacio.6514

I’m curious why they don’t solve it by giving people who have rightful access to it a red (or different colour) portal gem that goes to the access. Or unlocks in in warddrobe. Add something small rather than edit existing stuff.

Because they don’t know who has ‘rightful’ access because of the bug. It was never designed for the GW1 hom to have it’s information re-run against GW2 information, and would require a lot of the same effort they are going through now.

I would imagine the tool they are creating will be able to serve multiple purposes in the future and not only for this one fix. Hard to justify costs, time, and risk on something that could only be used once. I suppose I should put this disclaimer: *this paragraph is an assumption, not the prior, but it would make complete sense, because why only make a tool to fix the effects of one bug when you could make a tool to fix lots of things for barely more effort?

Posted by: Xenorak.2154

Xenorak.2154

I have to ask, since I’ve been hindered by this many times so far trying to get certain skins out of the hall if you will be giving any sort of ingame compensation, or something to make up for this.

If you would be kind to give us hall of monuments points to those were affected by this, I am sure everyone who is still currently upset like I am, will be satisfied.

However, I know this may not your will, but I am just giving a suggestion that I personally would love to see.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

No compensation is needed for this, I feel. And HoM points should definitely not be given as a form of compensation. Honestly, I’ll be happy enough to have the skins I’ve earned; I don’t personally need anything more than that.

Posted by: Akechi Hotaru.7129

Akechi Hotaru.7129

So are there any plans to reenable the HoM in the near future? Just curious since I still haven’t claimed some of the skins and haven’t been able to for a few months now. I hope it didn’t get forgotten with all the HoT and LA stuff taking precedence.

Posted by: Khenzo.2465

Khenzo.2465

lol 3 months still not done.

x)

Chasind.3128

I’d imagine they have a team or something on it, it obviously is easier said than done fixing HoM. They have to take the ap/titles away from users who don’t actually have accounts linked, not to mention make sure that nothing bad happens to the accounts that have experienced this bug and make sure this doesn’t happen again.
But a status update on the situation would be more than appreciated.

Posted by: Khenzo.2465

Khenzo.2465

I swear ages ago they said “we’re close, seriously” in another thread about it.

Sure doesn’t seem like it : P

Therodin.2970

This is why they so rarely say that they are close

Posted by: Hermann.1537

Hermann.1537

I just wish they would be more transparent about the issue, and take a few minutes to actually explain their progress and give us updates so that we don’t have to go around making assumptions and relying on non-concrete “we’re close”.

-Hermann

(edited by Hermann.1537)

Aidan Eighthrain.8612

There comes a patch day, what do we say to the patch day?

Therodin.2970

Yeah if they were close over a month ago i assume something bad happened and i agree that it would be nice if someone took a second to pop in with a " Hey guys, sorry to say this but during our recent tests the fix had some big problems so it looks like it’ll be a while again"

Posted by: quietscribe.1573

quietscribe.1573

This situation is really annoying me. I was tolerant of it for the last few months, but I have been working on getting more achievements in guild wars 1 while we wait for heart of thorns, and yet none of the items I should be able to unlock and use are available to me. Over 3 months now and nothing from Anet.

It really isn’t a good promoter for their expansion if they just leave things like this unfixed and without word. Its like they are going ‘hey, play guild wars 1 and you can get cool things for guild wars 2… except we won’t give you them.’ Doesn’t inspire confidence.

I know its probably a massive job for them to sort this thing out, but it really is grating on my nerves there not even being any word on possible fixes. I had thought it might be done with the massive patch that sorted out the personal stories, but checked again today, and yeah.. still unavailable.

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Quietscribe, I agree with you – it’s quite appalling that this issue has gone on for over a 1/4 year now. I think the reason is two fold:

1) It’s like you said…

…its probably a massive job for them to sort this thing out…

and…

2) Anet keeps releasing updates every few weeks that unleash a crap-ton of bugs into the game that are so severe that most of them trump working on the GWAMM/HoM situation. (Not to mention HoT development, debugging and fixes taking up resources.)

So the GWAMM/HoM situation gets pushed to the back burner… again and again. And, sadly, I think with this most recent June 23rd Specialization update, I would be really surprised if Anet has any spare time right now to continue digging thru the mountain that is the GWAMM/HoM problem. (Many of these June 23rd bugs are SUPER HIDEOUS based on these forum posts.)

But I think it’s important that all the folks that are GW1 patrons try to keep this thread alive and at the forefront of the Bugs forum so Anet gets constant reminders that this situation “IS” important to Many GW2 Players, who may be iffy on buying HoT if this issue is not continually being worked on and hopefully soon resolved.

I wish you guys all the luck in getting some justice and soon!

Keep Hope ALIVE and Hang Tough!

Moonlight [THRU]

(edited by Krypto.2069)

Lunacy Solacio.6514

I just wish they would be more transparent about the issue, and take a few minutes to actually explain their progress and give us updates so that we don’t have to go around making assumptions and relying on non-concrete “we’re close”.

They gave us updates explaining the progress and what they were doing…

They cannot and should not address the issue every day like people keep asking for. Even that wouldn’t satisfy some people. We know it’s a big mess. We know they have to edit accounts to remove titles and achievements that were never intended to be removed, which is risky and should be known to be even without a dev having said so. Perhaps some wouldn’t mind a few broken accounts to get their stuff? I doubt those that it would happen to would feel the same way. We know they are testing the tool they had to make against accounts (copies of accounts obviously) in an attempt to make sure it works, and doesn’t break said accounts.

Even with a lot of testing, things can still go wrong, and it is unlikely every account will go unscathed. Everything I’ve said here is derived from what Anet employees have told us.

Posted by: brainiac.2147

brainiac.2147

They gave us updates explaining the progress and what they were doing…

They cannot and should not address the issue every day like people keep asking for. Even that wouldn’t satisfy some people.

Who is saying that the issue should be addressed everyday here? The issue hasn’t been addressed in over a month but anyone in an official capacity at ANet. And given the last official update on the problem used the words “soon”, I think people are justified in demanding an update on the problem. Just an update. Even if they just blow us all off and said, sorry we hit a snag its going to likely be a while before this is fixed. That’s a response! We can stop anticipating the fix coming.

soon
so?on/
adverb
adverb: soon; comparative adverb: sooner; superlative adverb: soonest

in or after a short time.
“everyone will soon know the truth”
synonyms: shortly, presently, in the near future, before long, in a little while, in a minute, in a moment, in an instant, in a bit, in the twinkling of an eye, in no time, before you know it, any minute (now), any day (now), by and by; informalpronto, in a jiffy;
dateddirectly, anon
“we’ll be there soon”

That’s the definition of soon. Words mean things. Don’t use them if you don’t mean them. A fix was said to come soon on a day with much fanfare if I remember the exact words. I think this, rightly so, caused people to assume that it would be rolled out with the June 23rd patch. This is an important issue to alot of people. Not so much to me, but I would sure like it to be fixed. I think we all mostly understand that it is a complex problem and that we want it to be fixed, while not breaking something else that is much more critical than this. And it has been over 3 months now. So don’t tell me people don’t deserve an update on this.

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Every day people ask, even sometimes the day after Anet did address it, and sometimes hours after….

Actually there have been Dev statements less than a month ago. Sure it’s been a couple weeks, but that in no way means “it’s being ignored”. No it wasn’t in this thread, but they were in fact made. Here are 2 that I remembered where they were.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Hall-of-Monuments-Update/5125458

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Kimmes-the-Historian-Disabled-Skin-Unlocks/5134800

Posted by: Lauren Kamieniecki.6245

Previous

Lauren Kamieniecki.6245

QA Lead

Next

Hey guys!

No release date yet, but it looks REALLY promising right now. Not for next release though, I don’t want to get your hopes up and dash them on tuesday.

FWIW the programmer doing the fix is extremely meticulous and wants this to be 10000% right when it goes out. It is not an easy fix and it has been being worked on since it broke.

If we can all be patient just a little bit longer then we will have more Gods Walking Amongs Mere Morals in the future… but sadly one of them won’t be me.

Lunacy Solacio.6514

^ That.

There’s an update and thank you for giving people more information, and going out of your way to give updates on many issues across the board.

I don’t think constant updates should ever be needed, but I know it is appreciated on many levels.

Edit: And hopefully it reinforces with people that this is not being ignored at all, that it is being taken seriously and will be fixed. Taking time so as not to risk messing more things up when it is implemented.

Posted by: Jinath.1298

Jinath.1298

Do you believe everything people tell you?

Chasind.3128

Thank you so much Lauren! Hopefully alot more actually understand you guys are really making sure this doesn’t happen again & being very gingerly about it, which is best.
Overall, I appreciate the update very, very much.
I just can’t wait to get the rest of my HoM skins! c: <

Lunacy Solacio.6514

I have a pretty good idea how much work it would take to fix. I do know the risks that would be involved. And if you think they are lying, why are you even here asking for updates since you aren’t going to believe anything they say anyways?

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

To be honest, if they wanted to lie about it, they could have done so weeks ago. Enable the HoM and say they fixed it.

Posted by: Vancien.1980

Vancien.1980

I don’t have GWAMM, because I got lazy and didn’t finish about half of them! I need armors for followers mostly. Who wants to get back on some G-dubs 1 with me?

Therodin.2970

To be honest, if they wanted to lie about it, they could have done so weeks ago. Enable the HoM and say they fixed it.

If they were going to lie why would they lie like that? A much better lie would be too say they were close to finishing it and then just not release the fix for over a month because it would get people off there backs. btw, they said they were close, seriously. to the fix about 33 days ago

Lunacy Solacio.6514

If they were going to lie why would they lie like that? A much better lie would be too say they were close to finishing it and then just not release the fix for over a month because it would get people off there backs. btw, they said they were close, seriously. to the fix about 33 days ago

I suppose you’ve never done something and thought you were close to being finished, then discovered you only just started? Things happen, and there were responses after that one that you are referring to, I’ve given links to 2 of them before Lauren responded.

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

I would be quite happy to get the Hall of Monuments rewards back. Thankfully it will be coming soon.

If we can all be patient just a little bit longer then we will have more Gods Walking Amongs Mere Morals in the future… but sadly one of them won’t be me.

One of them won’t be you, but I guess then all the others will be?

Posted by: moonoonut.7538

moonoonut.7538

i need Hall of Monument rewards back now. xD

Posted by: Truska.2064

Truska.2064

Hey guys!

No release date yet, but it looks REALLY promising right now. Not for next release though, I don’t want to get your hopes up and dash them on tuesday.

FWIW the programmer doing the fix is extremely meticulous and wants this to be 10000% right when it goes out. It is not an easy fix and it has been being worked on since it broke.

So a couple of conclusions we can take from this update:
1 - For those wondering, the fix probably won’t come out for about another month. Since we’ve been told they will only release the fix in a scheduled patch, and since Miss Lauren has told us it won’t go live next Tuesday, maybe by the end of July (best scenario). Just speculating on what’s been told…
2 - Like someone else suspected, in a different thread about this issue, we now have confirmation that only 1 programmer has been assigned to deal with this fix and that, probably, he’s been bashing his head against this issue, for 3 months now, with little to no help.

My question is as follows: Why has ANet assigned so few resources towards fixing this situation? Since HoM is a big part of GW2 (because it rewards players with exclusive skins, pets and minis) and since it’s a critical link between the only 2 MMO’s ANet has ever made, why is 1 guy enough? Everyone tells us that it isn’t an easy fix, that it’s really risky and that it’s a programming nightmare, still they assign this to 1 programmer (No offense intented, towards him. I’m sure, whoever was put in charge of this fix is a very talented programmer. Keep up the good work lad! ).

Go figure out corporate priorities… Sigh… Anyhow, thanks for the update.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Hey guys!

So a couple of conclusions we can take from this update:
1 - For those wondering, the fix probably won’t come out for about another month. Since we’ve been told they will only release the fix in a scheduled patch, and since Miss Lauren has told us it won’t go live next Tuesday, maybe by the end of July (best scenario). Just speculating on what’s been told…
2 - Like someone else suspected, in a different thread about this issue, we now have confirmation that only 1 programmer has been assigned to deal with this fix and that, probably, he’s been bashing his head against this issue, for 3 months now, with little to no help.

My question is as follows: Why has ANet assigned so few resources towards fixing this situation? Since HoM is a big part of GW2 (because it rewards players with exclusive skins, pets and minis) and since it’s a critical link between the only 2 MMO’s ANet has ever made, why is 1 guy enough? Everyone tells us that it isn’t an easy fix, that it’s really risky and that it’s a programming nightmare, still they assign this to 1 programmer (No offense intented, towards him. I’m sure, whoever was put in charge of this fix is a very talented programmer. Keep up the good work lad! ).

Go figure out corporate priorities… Sigh… Anyhow, thanks for the update.

I know the feeling. I work as programmer and several times I have to work on troublesome stuff and no one else there is able to give any help. At times some ones do but they are usually assigned to something else. Yeah, I wish the mind of companies’ leaders and developer would match somehow :S Not to mention that all what they assign to me at once have “top priority”. sighs

Therodin.2970

I suppose you’ve never done something and thought you were close to being finished, then discovered you only just started? Things happen, and there were responses after that one that you are referring to, I’ve given links to 2 of them before Lauren responded.

Did either of those responses say something to the effect of, i know we said we were close seriously about a month ago but then we had some setbacks and are now going to take a bit longer. Or did they both just say keep waiting in nice words and ignore the we’re close seriously?

Posted by: Darcwolf.6817

Darcwolf.6817

I only found this thread because I decided to head back to eye of north to check out skins again since I haven’t done it since launch. I am greeted with this has been disabled, google it and find out it has been broken for 3+ months?? wow

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Just takes time and dedication. You can do it!

Posted by: Hermann.1537

Hermann.1537

Hall of Monuments is still disabled after the update. Although they said it wouldn’t be fixed by now, it kind of irks me that it’s still broken after such a long time! I really hope they fix this by the next patch.

-Hermann

Posted by: Jinath.1298

Jinath.1298

Go and read what they did fix for today. Clearly that was more important.
Let this be a reminder to you how much Anet appreciates everyone who purchased and played GW1.

Posted by: Noskcaj.5126

Noskcaj.5126

My current Tuesday routine. After returning home from work, boot up the old computer, log on and check the three decent thread I’ve followed for the last 2+ months. See there are no updates to fix HOM. Log into GW2, patch, then get my daily gift and log off. Then I log into NW, Rift, or EQ and if I deem so, I spend my money there instead. I would suggest many of you do the same if your a true supporter of this cause. I have supported ArenaNet and NCSOFT too long to truly support the awful response to this issue. I will once again come back when its fixed. Say what you will, but here’s a better grand idea…. along with fixing this issue, they should provide additional gifts, etc for the rest of the steps up to point cap (post 30) and give some sort of payback for those who earned their HOM statuses and haven’t been able to utilize them after working so diligently in GW1. Rant done…see you when I see you. Hopefully with my Black Widow!!!!

Posted by: quietscribe.1573

quietscribe.1573

Hey guys!

Thank you so much for updating us on the issue. Looking forward to finally getting my GW1 rewards

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

I’m actually glad that the programmer assigned to this is extremely meticulous. Makes me hopeful that the fix will be an actual one.

Also i’ve just noticed the little typo (hidden easter egg?) in Lauren’s comment about the Gods Walking Amongs Mere Morals. Wow.

I think her “t” key is broken or she is trying to tell us something.

Posted by: Xenorak.2154

Xenorak.2154

Hey guys!

Are there any plans of compensation for this issue? I don’t care about monetary, I’m just wondering if I’ll get some hall of monuments points for having to wait so long to get stuff out.