Instant "God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals"

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Note: When I went to HoM on my first character after the patch, I couldn’t access any rewards. However, when I tried on a second character, they appeared, and I was able to get back on the first character to get them again.

Posted by: Nikaido.6739

Nikaido.6739

I think Anet is incompetent… to repair a minor mistake they made months ago. They created a 10 times, or 100 times worse bug. Now all the LS stories achievement are gone, I almost completely my luminous set, just one little ring and I can complete, now gone! Other achievements, collections are all gone…. if they will need another few months to repair the mistake, I think we should all just ask for refund for our hard earn achievements plus our efforts and time-wasted in the game.

Posted by: Magnuzone.8395

Magnuzone.8395

I just recieved an ingame mail from some LOR-748 stating that I hade the title and that Hall of Monuments achevements are revoked. I have never had the God Walking title.

Seems like there’s bugs all over the place today.

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Worked for me. All pets and skins available. Finally got the 13-30 points toys. <3

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Posted by: Lauren Kamieniecki.6245

Previous

Lauren Kamieniecki.6245

QA Lead

Next

Note: When I went to HoM on my first character after the patch, I couldn’t access any rewards. However, when I tried on a second character, they appeared, and I was able to get back on the first character to get them again.

It’s a 2 part rollout, because we don’t take the servers down for an update we have 2 parts (basically, in layman’s terms): The game build, and a server config that allows access to HoM. Until we did the server part after the build was live it wasn’t “fully” enabled, which is why you ran into that.

Anyhow! I’m happy HoM is back, and if anyone has problems with HoM/GWAMM/etc, please submit a customer support ticket.

Posted by: Essrehdar.2031

Essrehdar.2031

I don’t decide these kinds of things, but there is an ingame mail associated with the fix! It’s a great email too… I think all of the people with legitimate HOM achievements will really like it.

As a side note, I am sorry you guys had to wait so long. This isn’t a fix where you can bring someone in from outside of the company to fix or put multiple people on it to get it done faster.

First of all, I want to thank you for your continous efforts to resolve the issue even though you’re working kitten Heart of Thorns. My wardrobe is grateful, too Secondly, did anyone receive the ingame mail, yet? When I stumbled upon that, I was excited (as people who are well-behaved generally get rewarded too rarely in my opinion, so I’m always overjoyed, when they get the acknowledgement they deserve). So yeah, I want to thank Arena Net for that – can’t wait to see what that mail is

Previous

Lauren Kamieniecki.6245

QA Lead

Next

I don’t decide these kinds of things, but there is an ingame mail associated with the fix! It’s a great email too… I think all of the people with legitimate HOM achievements will really like it.

As a side note, I am sorry you guys had to wait so long. This isn’t a fix where you can bring someone in from outside of the company to fix or put multiple people on it to get it done faster.

First of all, I want to thank you for your continous efforts to resolve the issue even though you’re working kitten Heart of Thorns. My wardrobe is grateful, too Secondly, did anyone receive the ingame mail, yet? When I stumbled upon that, I was excited (as people who are well-behaved generally get rewarded too rarely in my opinion, so I’m always overjoyed, when they get the acknowledgement they deserve). So yeah, I want to thank Arena Net for that – can’t wait to see what that mail is

The only ingame mail is the one you get if you were a victim of the bug and had the achievements removed. Legitimate people don’t get a mail… you get access to HoM back and another sorry from me for your wait.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

As was already said, thank you Lauren for updating us on all of this. And thank you to all the other Anet staff who have updated us and/or worked on this. It’s very much appreciated.

Previous

Lauren Kamieniecki.6245

QA Lead

Next

I think Anet is incompetent… to repair a minor mistake they made months ago. They created a 10 times, or 100 times worse bug. Now all the LS stories achievement are gone, I almost completely my luminous set, just one little ring and I can complete, now gone! Other achievements, collections are all gone…. if they will need another few months to repair the mistake, I think we should all just ask for refund for our hard earn achievements plus our efforts and time-wasted in the game.

I generally don’t reply to these, but I can say that the other bugs did not show up in any testing prior to this build going live, we have several environments that we test on during a several week process before the build goes live to everyone. Today’s problems are unrelated to the HOM fix.

If this was seen and went unreported it would be unforgivable, but that investigation has already been completed and isn’t the case. For now it looks to be display only and character specific. My live character is affected and I can’t change my traits, but they are still active. It is extremely wonky and counterintuitive to look at.

Posted by: Damar.5982

Damar.5982

The only ingame mail is the one you get if you were a victim of the bug and had the achievements removed. Legitimate people don’t get a mail… you get access to HoM back and another sorry from me for your wait.

I’ve just had this in-game mail. The only thing is I legitimately had GWAMM. I’ve just checked again and my accounts are linked – 2 of my GW1 characters had achieved GWAMM.

I presume this isn’t working as intended?

Posted by: Thanks.6859

Thanks.6859

Took me 3 days to reach lvl 80 Im not sure what you guys are taking about im sure that I didn’t do nothing wrong .

1) I ran though all of the maps I could getting all the spawn points that I could find
2)followed a group in WVW and got mass points

Previous

Lauren Kamieniecki.6245

QA Lead

I’ve just had this in-game mail. The only thing is I legitimately had GWAMM. I’ve just checked again and my accounts are linked – 2 of my GW1 characters had achieved GWAMM.

I am sorry to hear that, but I unfortunately can’t diagnose your problem from here. You’ll need to contact CS so they can take a look.

Posted by: Damar.5982

Damar.5982

I am sorry to hear that, but I unfortunately can’t diagnose your problem from here. You’ll need to contact CS so they can take a look.

Will do – thanks!

Posted by: Jolene.7316

Jolene.7316

I’m pretty sure i’ve never had the original issue, I never saw “GWAMM” or the other ones higher than “Rift Warden”, and now I get a mail saying “oops sorry we’re taking your AP’s back” and i’m now down x hundred APs.

Note: I only got the mail just now, when i created a new character, not before, when I logged into my existing ones.

[edit]

Ok, so I log out to desktop and log in again and now I have my APs back and it says i’ve recently completed the respective titles up to and including “Rift Warden”, so I guess that makes everything better?

(edited by Jolene.7316)

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

I’m a bit confused by this. So us legitimate players won’t get a mail then? Then why did you say this……

Why exactly would legitimate players like a mail message that we are not getting? With this statement you made it seem like we would be getting something as legitimate players for our troubles, but now you are saying we don’t get a message? So what’s going on exactly here?

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: therapite.3645

therapite.3645

People will think that it’s amusing is all that she meant, Spyder.

Ayla Tyrsdottir | Melsande | Rowan Cabot | Joxa | Phedra Nyx|Ephiny Tyrkin
Eternal Clarity [Ankh] /Archivists Sanctum [Lore]
A quaint dye collector with a lore problem.

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

People will think that it’s amusing is all that she meant, Spyder.

Yeah see, that’s what I would think as well, but if legitimate players are not receiving the mail, then what is there for us to find amusing?

They singled us out by stating “Legitimate players will like it”. They didn’t say all players would like it, they singled out just the legitimate ones as if there was something just for them.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I’m pretty sure i’ve never had the original issue, I never saw “GWAMM” or the other ones higher than “Rift Warden”, and now I get a mail saying “oops sorry we’re taking your AP’s back” and i’m now down x hundred APs.

Note: I only got the mail just now, when i created a new character, not before, when I logged into my existing ones.

[edit]

Ok, so I log out to desktop and log in again and now I have my APs back and it says i’ve recently completed the respective titles up to and including “Rift Warden”, so I guess that makes everything better?

This exact same thing happened to me. I made a new character (for a key) and I got the letter and my HoM achievements disappeared….the 32 points that I had gotten legit from doing GW1 (I never had the GWAMM wrongly or otherwise). Logged out the new character and back onto my old and boom all my achievements are back and in my recently earned like I just got them.

First screenshot: just created new character
Second screenshot: logged out of new and back onto old and boom they’re back.
Edit Third screenshot: shows the HoM points under newly done

Attachments:

Posted by: Reliquary.8952

Reliquary.8952

I made a new character, get mail saying I was accidentally given “God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals” title. All my legitimate HoM achievements are stripped. Log into old character, gain achievements back.

So… the bug that grants the HOM achievements + titles upon new character creation still exists, but the ‘fix’ merely immediately removes them?

<.< Would love to hear why such a hacky-fix was used instead of actually fixing the bug.

Posted by: islarose.7356

islarose.7356

My legit points were striped away too. I only had 11, but they’re gone now :/

Mine too. Made a new character for kittens & giggles, and got the letter just now. I only had 3 GW1 achievements, but I lost them. Even though I never had any of the other the HoM achievements/titles – via exploit or otherwise.

(edited by islarose.7356)

Posted by: ariane.4837

ariane.4837

I wasn’t a victim of that bug and I get that ingame mail every time I create a new character, with those achievements removed ONLY in that character. When I delete the new character, everything looks fine again.

No, I didn’t get GWAMM title with or without bug and yet I’m being flagged as “illegitimate” people

Posted by: Lusteregris.2697

Lusteregris.2697

After re-entering gw2 HoM(first time it didn’t work) all rewards were unlocked and got my skins + pets. Now my mesmer runs around with fiery dragon sword + Fire God gloves and ranger got his Black Widow. Thank you.

Posted by: Dark Jericho.8609

Dark Jericho.8609

Thanks for the fix. I’m having fun running around leveling my warrior with the fiery dragon sword/ stygian axe and mountaincall warhorn.

Posted by: NIGHTHUNTER.5139

NIGHTHUNTER.5139

I still lose all achievements and titles when I create a new character. I logged into gw1, visited the hall of monuments there and after that in gw2 too. Nothing happened. Although relogging on an existing lvl 80 character rewards all achievements and titles again, as soon as I create a new character everything is gone again. So this is just a temporary fix for this bug and very annoying… btw: if you relog on a lvl 80 character standing in the Heart of the Mists, your achievements and titles are not rewarded, you have to leave HotM to get them.

we’re the rebelz of the night – watch your back!

Posted by: MrFayth.3546

MrFayth.3546

Got the ingame mail from Aiti last night.

Stating that i was an invalid recipient of GWAMM and my points have been revoked..but I never had GWAMM,invalid or not,and my points arent revoked. Im still at the 40 points I earned with all my skins available.

Had me worried for a second.

i5 4690k @4.1ghz, r7 260x 1180/1680,8Gb G.skill Ripjaw 2133, 120gb ssd Gw2+OS

Posted by: Shin.2019

Shin.2019

I am a genuine Gwamm title holder after this patch, and some relogin to get the title to retrigger. I pretty much lost a few hundred AP! I am sure I had more. Is this even normal :O! I had filed a report as well anyone experiencing this?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

50/50 in HoM here

Can confirm that making a new char wipes the Achieve points and gets you the mail telling you they were removed. Logging on a level 80 returns these achieve points to the Hero panel.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Yes, this is an issue, that is intended to be fixed in the next patch from what was said…

*edit: Gaile didn’t say that, but did say it was in the works, Mark stated that.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/HoM-rewards-gone-when-creating-new-character/5346463

(edited by Lunacy Solacio.6514)

Posted by: Syberis.1623

Syberis.1623

I just got an in game mail saying that by accident i got “Got walking among mere mortals” title and that it had to be taken away. But when I looked at all my titles, ALL of the titles I had earned in the Hall of Monuments were gone. Also the achievement panel for Hall of Monuments is empty, as if I hadn’t earned any points in it.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is anyone fixing it?

Posted by: Maximus.8376

Maximus.8376

Log on to an older character and it will be fixed. It’s a known bug.

Posted by: Robak.7930

Robak.7930

Got same email 2 days ago, switched through all of my chars, even in gw1 I revisited HoM. Still missing my hardfarmed 15 points, but all unlocked weapons skins are left in my wardrobe.

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

I had my title incorrectly stripped away yesterday. I submitted a trouble ticket and they said developers were working on this bug.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I have never had the GWAMM title by fair means or foul, though I do have a linked GW1 account and have done enough to get 3 or 4 HoM points. Back when that bug gave the title to a zillion new alts I carefully avoided doing anything that would give me the title, then waited for them to fix the issue. Which they did, and they sent out letters to those affected. And to those not affected, too, including me.

I just logged in and look what we have here (I’m not bothered by it, but I do think ANet will want to know something’s triggering it; I include enough of the UI to demonstrate that this is in fact a new letter):

Attachments:

Posted by: Invictorum.7643

Invictorum.7643

Same thing happened here.

Except now I can’t access my HoM reward vendor.

Posted by: Stormy Dragon.9210

Stormy Dragon.9210

I legitimately had both GWAMM and Champion of the Gods. All of my GW1 titles, rewards, and 500 AP just vanished.

Posted by: Echo Shot.6479

Echo Shot.6479

Same thing, happened 5 minutes into logging in, I’ve never had this mail before nor have I ever had GWAMM title in gw1 or 2. Does anyone know of a fix?

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

Seems like the work of a disgruntled employee.
What else can ya break?

same here two titles and 500ap
what a tool

Posted by: Serhaph.6397

Serhaph.6397

This just happened to me as well. I had 30 points in the Hall of Monuments before and now I’ve lost access to my AP, rewards and Guild Wars 1 titles. Seriously not cool.

Posted by: TripLight.7692

TripLight.7692

I just logged into this. I had the Ascendant Title before through my HOM rewards, now this has been taken from my title drop down menu. I’ve never had the GWAMM title but it seems it took my earned title :S. Any word on when this will be fixed?

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

Same letter for me as well. Although I only have something like 6 HoM points and have lost nothing. Even though it says I recently received the title unfairly….. I’ve never had the title legit or unfairly. And I still have my armor skins.

Certified Gameaholic

Posted by: abasedfear.6051

abasedfear.6051

I’m getting the same thing, though I have before…only this time, I am missing my GWAMM title. I am also missing all of my HoM achievements (the 500 AP is also missing…had 21.2k this morning, now around 20.7k) and all of the titles from them. I should have all of it unlocked.

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

I’m having the exact same problem. I’ve never earned the GWAMM title through legitimate or illegitimate means yet I received a letter stating that I have.

The first attached screenshot was taken on November 19. And as you can see from the second screenshot, which was taken a little while ago, I’ve lost at least 443 achievement points. Note that I’ve obtained the achievement chest for 21,500 points, which is where I get the 443 number from. The next chest is for 22,000 points (as shown in the screenshot). It appears that I’m missing all of my Hall of Monuments achievement points and associated titles.

I really hope this can be corrected. Losing over 400 achievement points and titles that I’ve legitimately earned for not doing anything wrong is extremely frustrating.

Attachments:

Posted by: Tabkey.6534

Tabkey.6534

Putting my name into the hat as well. I certainly didn’t have the title, nor was I anywhere near earning it back in GW1. All of my titles from olde went le poof

Posted by: dsokua.8945

dsokua.8945

I got the same mail. I lost all the titles and achievement points. ANET please fix this!

[Update] already fixed. HOM achievements are back and displayed in “Recently Completed” achievements

(edited by dsokua.8945)

Posted by: SilverFox.8067

SilverFox.8067

Ditto. I also can’t log into guild wars to try the fix that some folks in the past did, nor can I check my points on the HOM website.

Posted by: Kyra Tribeca.4912

Kyra Tribeca.4912

Add both me & DH to the list. No sooner than logging in I had it and dh got his as soon as I asked him about it. Tried to log onto HOM calc but it says neither of us exist. Then tried logging into GW1 and keep getting an 042 error. Dunno what this is about but I hope they can fix/correct it soon.

Posted by: Andy.9137

Andy.9137

I just logged in and received a mail from “Scholar Aiti” notifying me that my “God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals” title was a mistake and it had been revoked, along with 500 achievement points.

I know this is a mistake because I played GW1 for years and earned those titles and HoM rewards. So to log in and suddenly have them all removed because apparently I didn’t earn them is ridiculous. Can this be fixed, please?

Attachments:

Posted by: Hikeotron.6487

Hikeotron.6487

I’m having the same issue here also. I did genuinely have the GWAMM title and now its gone. I hope they rectify this soon.

Posted by: Echo Shot.6479

Echo Shot.6479

To check your hom points try to constantly refresh or use a different browser, It’s unreliable atm.

Posted by: Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

I HAD this issue as well, 50/50 here.

Relog into your gw1 account, hit the HoM real quick and then leave it, log out, log back into gw2—I got all my HoM stuff back instantly.