Issues with character art, weapons, or armor?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: zee.4730

zee.4730

Race: Norn
Class: Doesn’t matter

This hairstyle clips through the character all the time except while running or standing still, the hair doesn’t treat the character as solid and just passes through.

Attachments:

Posted by: kagemusha.9518

kagemusha.9518

Race : Charr

My character head especially the eyes are not rendered correctly into any armor ( especially those mask type / glasses / with eye view types. They are kind of positioned to the eye brow. Furthermore the model’s jaw section seemed like forcing the head armor somehow bigger on that part.

On some armors i also noticed there are incorrect clipping from the neck to the body part. Some head armors created this incorrect shape.

Well, for further explanation i attached some images of the character model. It’s currently using the new face for female charr.

Please fix this.

Thanks for your attention.

Attachments:

Posted by: Firalt.6782

Firalt.6782

Race: Sylvari
Sex: Female
Profession: Ranger
Armor Piece: Evergreen Coat (Tier 1 Cultural)

Description: There is a prominent waist seem on the back of the Evergreen Coat. This seem is visible only on one of the body types. The specific body type is row two column three in character creation.

Attachments:

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

The hair style clips into my character model when in any stance other than neutral and standing still, just asking that the same fix given to Eir’s hairstyle and the human version of this same one be applied. Those two seem to have been rooted onto the character model at the cost of some of the “flowyness,” but at least they don’t clip into the body, or through it. There is another Norn female hair that does the same, the high, top ponytail with the very large …ornament?… that sets the tail. No screens of that one, but I know it could use a fix too.

The screen is a mash-up of several, and I’m just looking for an end to the body clipping.

Attachments:

Posted by: Shadowdwemer.7085

Shadowdwemer.7085

Sex: Male
Profession: Mesmer
Armor piece: Havroun Doublet

Description:
Recently I just bought the Norn Tier 2 Light armor chest and it seems the left arm is clipping hard core! The back of the arm as well with the inside of it seems to cut through the fabric itself.

Attachments:

(edited by Shadowdwemer.7085)

Posted by: Aeromu.9134

Aeromu.9134

Race: Human
Class: Guardian

- Council Guard Helm, Council Guard Pauldrons, Council Guard Breastplate, Council Guard Gauntlets, Council Guard Legguards and Council Guard Greaves
- They were purchased with Seals of Beetletun via Seraph Outfitter Eva.

I recently re-leveled my guardian to get this armor on a human male. I found this clipping issue after getting it and I was wondering if it could be fixed?

I am attaching a photo of my character as well as one on an NPC which is being strangled but it looks the same on NPCs standing up that are male human. I attached one of my old asuran guardian in it who it doesn’t clip on and one with Corporal Jantzen(NPC) who is standing and not being strangled without the clipping.

Wiki photo on male human – http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Council_Guard_armor_human_male_front.jpg

Wiki photo on male norn -
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Council_Guard_armor_norn_male_front.jpg

Attachments:

Posted by: Masrak.2037

Masrak.2037

Hey there,
I think the legendary weapon ’’howler’’ has some effect problems.
I am attaching two pictures how it normally should be and how its now!
the effect just eventuates at night but now there is no effect day/night….

Please fix that!!!!!!

Attachments:

Posted by: Shadowdwemer.7085

Shadowdwemer.7085

There is an issue with the ranger elite “Rampage As One” for when I use it on any race there seems to be a white graphic in the top left corner of the character and that of the pet itself. Here is a picture of what i see as I use it.

Attachments:

Posted by: DTATL.9641

DTATL.9641

The bangs animation of this female human hairstyle have clipping issues with it’s animation on all animation quality settings. it clips through the head while running/jumping. Would be better if it was static.

Attachments:

Posted by: qarinus.3869

qarinus.3869

Class: Warrior (but presumably holds true for guardians as well)

The bugged armor is the Warden Shoulderguards – Tier 2 Sylvari cultural.

There is a piece of the shoulder which is drawing texture and colour from the chest armor worn with it. when worn with the matching chestpiece (T2 sylvari cultural), it looks normal. When worn with any other chestpiece, this part of the shoulder looks absolutely bizarre. I have screenshots to illustrate! I drew a red box around the piece in question to make sure it’s not overlooked.

In the first screenshot, I am wearing it with the T2 top, and it looks normal. Like a thorned vine behind the shoulder.

In the second, I am wearing it with the Scallywag top; you can see that the piece in question becomes a red band looping behind the shoulder.

In the third, I am wearing it with the Armageddon (temple) top; the piece in question is now a chrome and green band.

In the fourth, I am wearing it with the Twilight Arbor heavy top; the piece in question is now a blue-grey band.

I changed nothing but what top I was wearing with it (and therefore what dyes and textures it was pulling from my chestpiece).

Attachments:

Posted by: Silverhine.9651

Silverhine.9651

Hey. I have two clipping problems on my characters.

First. (Norn, Female, Hair)

It is with the long female Norn hair style with the ornament on it. (Pic)
When under the water and swimming (also swimming on top of the water). The hair impales my Norn through the chest. (See pics)

Second. (Male, Human, Elementalist, 80) but i don’t think it makes a difference.

My other problem is with the Sentinel’s Exalted Boots.
The boots clip into my leggings and bare skin (Pics). I have only noticed the issue today after the Aug 13/14 updates (it was not like it before). But i haven’t been paying attention to my Elementalist’s boots lately, so it may have been like that for a little while longer.

Thanks. Hope you will be able to fix them sometime.

Attachments:

Posted by: honeyjars.6590

honeyjars.6590

Class: All
Issue: Part of armor will not dye
Item: Nightmare Court Pauldrons

There is a small section of the nightmare court pauldrons (in the front, towards the center on each side) that remains the sylvari body color no matter what dye is applied to it. This is not the case on any other race. Screen shots of this piece in red on two sylvari and all other races for comparison are attached.

Attachments:

Posted by: Roofie Roulette.5106

Roofie Roulette.5106

Norn
Male
Warrior
Forehead clips through Grasping dead visage. Arah heavy armor head piece.

Attachments:

Posted by: ExoReality.3540

ExoReality.3540

Profession: Warrior
Weapon: Chaos Axe

Description:
Chaos Axe on the off-hand is clipping with the face. Same problem with other axes even though not all are clipping through, but covering the face.

Attachments:

Posted by: SuperSpuddles.4816

SuperSpuddles.4816

Race: Asura
Class: Guardian
Items: Ceremonial Plated Outfit and Back Items.

Description:
When wearing the Ceremonial Plated Outfit, back items are tilted slightly to the right. Highly noticeable on Holographic Dragon Wings, but also affects other back items and shields.

Attached:
Screenshot of Holographic Shattered Dragon Wings with Ceremonial Plated Outfit
Screenshot of Holographic Shattered Dragon Wings without Ceremonial Plated Outfit

Attachments:

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

Class: Mesmer
Level: 80

Description: Chest piece chops long gloves.

The gloves issue has been reported for Charr and Asura, adding my Norn to it.

Here you may see that a TA chest piece (white) is chopping off the CoF gloves (purple) to be wrist-and-bellow only. This bug also happens with Radiant gloves, or any long gloves for that matter.

This bug is 1 year old, with 0 chances of a fix, and before it the gloves would render correctly from fingertips to just below elbow, as they were designed.

Attachments:

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

Race: Jotun
Sex: Whatever sex jotun is :P

Description: Error in the jotun rig, makes him look he got serious pain

Img show the problem
(did repair to confirm that it’s not a corrupted file)

Attachments:

How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…

Posted by: DrOrange.9230

DrOrange.9230

Sex:Male

The Mist Walker Coat seems to have gotten shorter in the last update or two

Attachments:

Posted by: Felix Omni.3829

Felix Omni.3829

Item: Wreath of Cooperation

Description:

The new gem store helm skin “Wreath of Cooperation” has a really awful effect where the leaves elongate into blurred spikes while your character is running. I sure hope this is a bug.

Attachments:

Posted by: Night Fiend.1942

Night Fiend.1942

Profession: Mesmer
Armor: Flame Legion Pants with Soul of Koda chestpiece

Description: There is a gap between these two pieces of armor that lets you see right through the character as if the torso is severed from the legs.

Attachments:

Posted by: highwind.1568

highwind.1568

Race: Charr
Sex: Any
Armor type: Heavy (Cultural)
Weapon type: Shields

I’m sorry if this is a repost and I can not imagine that this hasn’t been posted before, even though I couldn’t find any post about it.
There is some MAJOR clipping going on with the Charr cultural tier 3 heavy gauntlets and just about ANY shield, here are 3 examples:

Attachments:

For Desolation! For Glory!

Posted by: Eastcorn.5901

Eastcorn.5901

Size: Any

Outfit: Ceremonial Plated Armor

Description: the back piece and weapons end up floating far away from the actual armor. Furthermore, weapons and back pieces are TILTED slightly less than 45 degrees clockwise with this armor.

Even the engineer hobosack (please let us hide the hobosack) floats significantly far from the body and is tilted slighlty less than 45 degrees clockwise.
I just thought I would bring this to your attention, and I hope it is fixed soon.

Attachments:

Posted by: Ogiii.4089

Ogiii.4089

Size: Any

Outfit: Ceremonial Plated Outfit

Same like Eastcorn, the Weapons, Backpiece or Kits are floating away from the Armor.

Best Wishes
Minzi

Attachments:

Posted by: Dervin.5147

Dervin.5147

Race: Asuran
Issue: One-handed and off-handed weapons not seated in hand properly. Swords, focuses, torches, scepters, and a few harpoon guns. There may be more but theses are the ones I noticed off the bat.

Attachments:

Posted by: Dervin.5147

Dervin.5147

Race: Asuran
Issue: Shoes and Toes
Though there are a few items specially made, most either chop off the side toes or they clip through. I don’t know, maybe the Asura practice “foot binding” or maybe, like Kasmire’s clothing, all Asuran footwear is an illusion and the problems come up where the image doesn’t match reality.

Posted by: GamerOnline.3650

GamerOnline.3650

Weapon Skin: Dragon’s Jade Kris (dagger)

Issue: The Red Ribbon on the Dragon’s Jade Kris (dagger skin) is missing the front facing texture (equip a set on a thief and rotate the view). Also, the rear view, when unsheathing and holding the daggers appears to have a double ribbon effect, one short, one a bit longer. At first I thought this was a bug but the sword (ribbon is good) has the same type of double ribbon. The missing side on the dagger just makes it look odd.

Note: The Dragon’s Jade Avenger (greatsword skin) had a similar missing texture issue but it was fixed shortly after I reported it (coincidence?). Thank you for that.

Farm responsibly, for you are not alone. Share the love, not the hate.
Support your local environmentally friendly farmers.
Asuran Mesmer Mind Tricks: “These aren’t the golems you’re looking for.”

(edited by GamerOnline.3650)

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

There is something going on with Jotuns, and even the Necromancer when in Lich form (or whatever its called).

Attachments:

Kima & Co

Frostfang.5109

The ranger eagle phenomen still exists…. I dont see myself like this but quite often others.

Attachments:

Kima & Co

Frostfang.5109

There is cog symbols apearing on NPC’s, players, minis etc for no reason in the dry top Maps…

Attachments:

Kima & Co

Frostfang.5109

Class: Ranger
Weapon: Chaos bow

The bow string on the Chaos bow is not straightened when stowed. Its also very bent when the Charr casts a skill that involves raising the Paw(the one that holds the bow) over its head (have no screenie of this).

Attachments:

Kima & Co

Frostfang.5109

Priwiewing headgear with Charr Characters.

50% (all side views) of the previewing is made impossible due to the limitatio in the window size. Either make the window scale properly to the charr or scale down the charr to fit the window.

Attachments:

Kima & Co

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

Not sure if this counts as minor. And it may even just be a preview window issue (not really keen on spending two transmutation charges just to test). But still, something to look at.

The Outlaw medium coat has some clipping issues on her chest. This occurs regardless of other armor equipped (even having no other armor at all will produce the issue).

Attachments:

Posted by: Mutiny.4180

Mutiny.4180

Class: Warrior

Some of the new female charr faces are fantastic, one of them so much that I decided to use it for my main [see first attachment]. As it turns out, that may have been a bit of a mistake given that the head has several clipping issues unique to it alone.

The head I’m using seems to have a higher forehead than other charr heads, which results in pretty much every hairstyle sitting oddly on the head. They all clip, but in the case of the one I chose, the clipping is pretty bad with the headband cutting into the head and coming out the other side [see second attachment]. Additionally, the higher forehead results in some awkward clipping with many items [see third attachment for one example]. I’ve tried finagling with sliders to see if the issue can be fixed that way, but so far I haven’t had any luck.

Also, an issue not unique to this head but to female charr in general: The heavy tier 2 cultural helmet sits very strangely on female charr. Compared to male charr, where the helmet segments curve upward [see fourth attachment], the female charr helmets look like they’ve been run over by a tank and press weirdly flat against their head and curve up in the back [see fifth attachment].

Attachments:

(edited by Mutiny.4180)

Posted by: Yue.5974

Yue.5974

On my female Asura warrior I am wearing the Ceremonial outfit. But as you can see in the screenshot weapons and also back items float far behind the Asuras back. It looks very strange. It also appears that the back piece is crooked. The wings are not horizontal as they should be.

Attachments:

Character Name: Yue, Rynorr Soulshielder, Rose Yuenü and 28 others xD
Guild: The Eternal Blades Of The North[EBoN]
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Yue.5974

Yue.5974

Human Female Mesmer wearing the Ancestral Outfit.

When moving doing a strafe to the left and then stopping there will be clipping on my characters backside with the ancestral outfit. I have also seen this problem on my guild mates Female Human Thief as well.

The outfit will also clip on the right front leg when jumping.

There is a little clipping when in combat mode while holding a sword and focus.

While running with a great sword there is clipping just below the right hip.

While attacking with a great sword auto attack there is clipping on the left leg.

strafing left with a sword and focus out also seems to cause some clipping.

Strafing will give multiple clipping spots in general that I can’t all seem to catch on screenshots :<

Character Name: Yue, Rynorr Soulshielder, Rose Yuenü and 28 others xD
Guild: The Eternal Blades Of The North[EBoN]
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks

(edited by Yue.5974)

Posted by: GamerOnline.3650

GamerOnline.3650

Weapon Skin: Dragon’s Jade Flintlock (pistol)
Race: n/a
Issue: Missing Texture (trigger)

Details: There is a missing texture on the trigger when viewed from the left side of the weapon. To see this, simply locate the weapon skin on the trading post (or from inventory), preview it and check the Weapon Only box. Rotate the view to (not) see the missing texture. This was first noticed while viewing my thief’s pistol in the preview window. I seen a previously unnoticed feature of the skin (knuckle guard) and wanted a better view.

Note: This isn’t as vital or “in your face” as a missing ribbon texture and most folks would not notice it unless they were admiring the fine detail and craftsmanship of their weapons up close.

Farm responsibly, for you are not alone. Share the love, not the hate.
Support your local environmentally friendly farmers.
Asuran Mesmer Mind Tricks: “These aren’t the golems you’re looking for.”

Posted by: majstor fantac.6720

majstor fantac.6720

Profession: Warrior

Description: Hair gliching through body when charachter leans forward.

Attachments:

Posted by: Athena.3579

Athena.3579

Class: Thief

Description: There’s a nasty bright red seam on the ‘Duelist Pants’ that is very noticeable in the butt area. I would guess that the seam isn’t supposed to be there; it looks very out of place (and inappropriate) like something didn’t line up correctly.

Attachments:

Posted by: Sul.7980

Sul.7980

Class: Elementalist

Equipment:
Item Name (Item Skin)
Glacial Eye (Glacial Eye)
Frayed Cloth Shirt (Apprentice Shirt)
Frayed Cloth Pants (Apprentice Pants)
Frayed Cloth Shoes (Apprentice Shoes)
Crooked Rod (Scepter)
Aqua Breather (Cloth Aquabreather)
Dull Trident (Trident)

So when I decided to make my Elementalist, the game decided it was wise to take away my pants. And my legs. It was evident that my pants would be missing during character creation, however I had hope that they would at least appear upon spawning. I was wrong. Also, during character creation, when I disabled the armor appearance, my legs appeared! I believe it to be the pants causing the glitch, however I just wanted to make sure before testing it out through rushed technical shenanigans.

Attachments:

Posted by: Uuni.3561

Uuni.3561

Class: Any
Issue: Hair accessory has no shaders at all
(tested with all shader settings from low to high, low obviously was least noticable)
Problem can clearly be seen from screenshots like these being ruined

Attachments:

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

Race: Kodan

Issue: error in rig causing weird stretching in the thumb area, similar to Jotun and Lich form

Attachments:

Posted by: BZB.1658

BZB.1658

Race: Any
Issue: Red Lines in Male Sneaktheif Coat Armor in the middle and down the sides. It’s a common problem everyone has, esp with black (example I pulled off google)

Attachments:

(edited by BZB.1658)

Posted by: Stine.5723

Stine.5723

Class: Warrior

Equipment: Grasping Dead Legguards

Description: Wearing this piece of armor creates a hole in the characters back waist. The hole is visible when my character is wielding weapons. When not holding weapons it is not visible.

Below I posted what it looks like with other armor pieces and the legguards by themselves vs standing still (how it should look).

Attachments:

[MEAN] Necromare
vindictiveonline.com
Darkhaven

Posted by: Starfyre.5743

Starfyre.5743

Class: Ranger

Heres what the Ceremonial Plated outfit does to my bow and back item, makes it float far away from my body and look lopsided. Please fix! I really want to use this outfit that I have paid for!

Attachments:

Star

(edited by Starfyre.5743)

Frostfang.5109

Chaos weapons After latest patch.

Before the patch, when u got stealthed, these weapons didnt turn out like one big blob of a big square (the bow)… Now that happens! It is ugly to such a degree I dont use them anymore… and I spent 100/ea on the weapons I use on land that has this…

Attachments:

Kima & Co

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

Ornate Tailor’s Backpack [&AgHI9QAA]

Race/class/gender: any

The chain attached to the backpack has the weights all wrong.

Attachments:

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

Posted by: Nadrian.6802

Nadrian.6802

Profession: Ranger

Heart of Koda armor has a glitched texture under right arm.

Attachments:

Posted by: Voidstar.3620

Voidstar.3620

Profession: Engineer

Engineer kits and shields are now hiding all back pieces.

Charrzooka clips through the ground when held and when worn on the back. Simply needs to be moved further up the back as it hangs very low anyway.

Attachments:

Posted by: Darknass.1903

Darknass.1903

Profession: Guardian

Piece in question: Braham’s Legplates

My tail clips through the back of the skirt/kilt constantly when standing still.

Attachments:

HoD – Ranger, Ele, Guard, Engie.

“The best defense is a strong offense.”

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Female Norn
Commando Armor (medium armor)

Can’t say what body size she is. But it clips horribly in the abdomen.

Attachments: