Issues with character art, weapons, or armor?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Tshakaar.6429

Tshakaar.6429

Beard passing through Adventurer’s Mantle.

Attachments:

Posted by: Cameo.4073

Cameo.4073

Charr female
Thief
Medium build
Wrangler helm cultural armor

The helm appears to be made for a larger (perhaps male) frame and floats about the head instead of conforming to the face.

Attachments:

Posted by: salviq.4137

salviq.4137

Race: Human
Sex: Female
Class: Elementalist
Armor(?): Luminiscent Gloves (Light)
The bootom part of the gloves seems to be bugged.. you can’t see part of the gloves..

Attachments:

Posted by: zerotenshigg.3756

zerotenshigg.3756

Character model issue:
Exclusive hair style

Human hair style clips into the forehead. Originally when the hairstyle was first released it never had this issue. whenever the patch to make the hair have more “flowing” physics it made it clip. Personally having static hair that looks like candy rather than flowing hair clipping into my character much more aesthetically pleasing.
A YouTube video demonstrating it better:
http://youtu.be/zJLkhmO37Gs

This issue has been here for quite some time, and I thought it would have been reported already, but just in case…

Attachments:

As for the science, it may be negative. However, do not forget
The thing that there is a scientific side in all the one.
The important one is true. Of me the ruler of my fate, and me also the commander of my soul.

Posted by: Vision.9074

Vision.9074

Profession: Mesmer
Skin: Luminescent Gloves
Issue: The gloves along the hand and fingers flicker on and off, in some cases some polygons are missing.

Attachments:

Posted by: Marc.9021

Marc.9021

Good day.
I changed hair Charr.
Then my weapon stuck to the kitten (one-handed).
Is this normal? Thing to do?
Can you help me?

Attachments:

Posted by: CRUMPY.9725

CRUMPY.9725

Sex: Male
Skin: Carapace Pants
Issue: The top of the legs cut through themselves.
Attachments:

Attachments:

Posted by: teemo.3729

teemo.3729

Class: Guardian
Skin: Eternal Sands
Issue: Bugged placement

The Eternal sand Focus changes its placement once you sheathe it. When I log in it is placed the way I believe anet intended it. Once you do anything such as any emotes it will bug out and stick out of your body. The only way to make this weapon go back to normal is to relog, else it will stick out of you until you do. I do not know if this is a problem with other races or genders.

First picture is me standing still (unbugged)
Second picture is me running with it. (unbugged)

Third picture is when I pull out my weapons and sheathe them or do any emotes. (bugged)
Fourth picture is of me running with the weapon while it’s (bugged).

Attachments:

Posted by: AutoHawk.8360

AutoHawk.8360

I don’t know if this counts as a bug, but the "Air-Filtration Device " is a helm skin that is identical to the “Metal Aquabreather” skin. I don’t know how to add pictures, but they look the same side by side in the inventory. This makes confusion between the two easy (although I understand it could have been avoided if I’d previewed the item). You wouldn’t make a hammer that looked exactly like an axe, right?

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

Norn Male, Elementalist

The Norn tier 1 cultural armor chest piece “Sheepskin Doublet” causes the wrists / forearms of the character to vanish entirely. This issue follows through whether or not gloves are equipped, and regardless of which gloves are used. Where the arm should enter the sleeve, there is a hole through which the entire character model is now invisible.

It’s not too noticeable when standing still, but when the character gestures or swings their arms the rayman-like effect becomes a lot more apparent.

Skin was applied via wardrobe after purchase from Sken / cultural vendor in Hoelbrak.

Attachments:

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

Mini Toxic Knight:

See attachment.

Attachments:

Posted by: Amisce.9360

Amisce.9360

Race: Sylvari
Class: Ranger
Item: Berserker’s Pearl Stinger
Skin: Sovereign Greatbow
Issue: Large black shadow cube on Hunter’s Shot

I’m a returning player, and I find this bug particularly unfortunate because all the rest of the game’s graphics are so lovely— but then there’s this big glitchy shadow cube around my longbow when I stealth. I LOVE playing my ranger, but this is a pretty constant break in the game for me, since it’s a basic ability for combat.

I’ve heard this kind of animation glitch has happened to other people— has anyone seen a fix for theirs yet? Last time I had an appearance glitch, I ended up just having to buy a Self-Style Hair Kit out of my own pocket to fix it, because ANet never addressed it.

Attachments:

Posted by: Tjihyana.2536

Tjihyana.2536

Race: Asura
Issue: When wielding staff, turning around causes the eye textures to “turn around” or just position weird.

Basically, when I turn around with the staff in the character’s hand, the eyes bug out and either turn blank white, or have the colored ring of the eye sit in the very corner of the eye. Not tried yet with other staves, so don’t know if it’s staff specific. The skin is the Phoenix Staff however.
Image 1: bug
Image 2: weapon sheathed with eyes normal.

Attachments:

Posted by: kabunger.4126

kabunger.4126

Weapon: Flame Staff (cultural Charr weapon)

Description: The staff has fireballs in the holes of the staff replicating eyes. When one spell is cast, the fireballs disappear and do not reappear until you relog. I’ve tried with every spell and it seems to happen with all of them.

First picture is before, the subsequent ones are after.

I should also mention that the staff I have on is a skinned ascended weapon, but the issue remains when I swap between my skinned weapon and the actual cultural weapon. Also the issue remains whenever I swap weapons of a different skin.

Attachments:

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Race: Norn
Class: Warrior
Weapon: in my experience any one-handed weapon when stowed
Armor: Phalanx Armor from gem store

The issue is pretty much self explanatory from screenshots. Any of the one-handed weapons i was able to test are sort of hanging in the air when stowed. This issue is also present with pirate outfit. I included the screenshot of my character’s body type, just in case, maybe this issue might not be present with another body type.

Attachments:

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

Female, human (ele).

New outfit has a gap in the middle of the torso for this body type:

Attachments:

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

(edited by Marge.4035)

Posted by: gbxj.4597

gbxj.4597

Profession: Engineer (may be happening with other professions too)

Description: Beard passing through many mask skins.

1st Image: Swindler Mask

2nd Image: Seeker Mask

3rd Image: Stalker Visage

4th Image: Rogue Mask

5th Image: Accursed Visage

6th Image: Medium Consortium Breathing Mask

Attachments:

(edited by gbxj.4597)

Posted by: Nivessa.4258

Nivessa.4258

Human Female
Nightmare Court Robes (Twilight Arbor dungeon light chest piece)
Around the chest area you get tons of texture fighting when you zoom the camera out just a bit. Tried all graphics settings and nothing seemed to make a difference. (tough to get a good screenshot of the glitches but you should be able to see in game for sure what happens)

Also the human and norn female ponytail hairstyles from the gemstore have very poor animation compared to the norn ponytail that came with the game. The gemstore ones are very stiff and have very little movement while the one that came with the game at launch has very nice and fluid animations. Attached screenshots as well.

Attachments:

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

Race: Sylvari
Sex: Both
Armor: Light Armor Tier 2 Cultural (specifically the shoulders)

I’m not going to take a screenshot because there is nothing to screenshot.

When you’re wearing the chest piece for sylvari male and female light tier 2 cultural, you cannot view shoulders whatsoever. I’d like to use my scarf with it, but that’s simply not possible.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

Posted by: Najten.2418

Najten.2418

Armor: Light Tier 3 Cultural

The T3 chest piece covers the shoulders, in this specific case the new Shoulder Scarf I just bought off the Gem Store and applied cuz I thought it’d look cute..
The chest piece also covers the original T3 shoulders (you’d think the actual set pieces wouldn’t have any issues with eachother?), and has done so for a long time. Would be nice to see a fix to this issue as it is getting quite annoying.

As you can see in the picture the shoulder armor is set to display.. but it is invisible.

Attachments:

Posted by: instealth.6732

instealth.6732

Race: Any
Issue: Red Lines in Male Sneaktheif Coat Armor in the middle and down the sides. It’s a common problem everyone has, esp with black (example I pulled off google)

I just went back into using this armor again. I really love the armor’s look and in my opinion, it’s the best looking male medium chest but those red lines just grabs my heart and kicks it like a soccer ball in a snowy field, using steel toes. Hurts and it’s cold man!
Pls fix it Anet. (T_T)

Also, I did notice the Rubicon leggings belt clipping through the armor on my character as well. Screenies attached.

Attachments:

Posted by: RajaYali.5091

RajaYali.5091

Sex: male
Armour type: medium
Piece of Armour: Mist Walker Coat
Issue: Coat lacks texture from the inside, this bug is not present on the Gemstore fiery coat that uses the same model.

Attachments:

Posted by: Epix.9032

Epix.9032

Issue: walking while holding two one handed weapons(scepter/dagger) is a bit off; the legs seem to go in a circular motion then to front, kind of like a penguin walk. It is not there when walking while having a two handed weapon drawn.
sorry i can not post a video as i do not know how to make one

Posted by: Najten.2418

Najten.2418

Issue: The metal pieces on the chest piece, and the metal pieces on the leggings of the Sneakthief Armor do not dye the same. The legs seem to have the issue as it doesn’t represent the dye that’s been used at all..

Attachments:

Posted by: Akira.2598

Akira.2598

Issue: The profane pants (bought from gemstore) has an issue where by there is a stain of sorts on the hips area (front and back) as shown in the screenshots. This stain is pretty annoying as i could not get rid of it even with the change of dyes to the darkest colour. I sincerely hope Anet can fix this as I love the armor and also this stain is not present when a Norn female wears it.

Attachments:

Posted by: Akira.2598

Akira.2598

Second screenshot for the profane pants back stain.

Attachments:

Posted by: BlooMongoose.5018

BlooMongoose.5018

Class: Ranger
Weapon: Ascalonian Longbow (Night version only)

The spooky night version of this longbow has multiple animation issues. LB skills #2, #4, and #5 all produce various visual glitches. After the channel for Rapid Fire (LB #2) is finished, the animation does not stop playing. The same goes for Barrage (LB #5). Point Blank Shot (LB #4) leaves the bow fully drawn back with the bowstring bent at an angle. These issues persist until I autoattack, or use the #3 skill (neither of which seem to produce any glitches like the other skills). They also persist even after the bow is stowed onto my character’s back and even after switching weapons.

I discovered this back during the recent Halloween update, and also saw the bug recreated on a male Norn Ranger as well.

Since I can’t really show it in a screenshot, here’s a video of it instead:

Ascalonian Longbow Glitch

(edited by BlooMongoose.5018)

Posted by: nymph.1658

nymph.1658

Issue: The new scarf shoulder skin is clipping with literally every long female hairstyle.
http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab279/Shi6o/gw345.jpg
http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab279/Shi6o/gw347.jpg
http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab279/Shi6o/gw346.jpg

Also some norn female hairstyles clip with most shield skins:
While standing still: http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab279/Shi6o/gw340.jpg

While running: http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab279/Shi6o/gw344.jpg

[to] – Original Dudes

Posted by: Dracota.6473

Dracota.6473

EDIT: This seems only to occur on Charrs using Heavy or Medium armor. The Light armor seems to be “in place”.

Race: Charr
Armor type: Heavy
Item: Wintersday Earmuffs

Issue: The Wintersday earmuffs seems to be out of place when I equip them in-game.
The earmuffs is placed just below the ears, and looks horrible, and doesn’t fit my characters facial apearence. I also noticed that this bug also seems to happen on other Charr female Guardians inside the in-game world. (Picture 1.)

When the Wintersday Earmuffs are previewed through the gemstore, it seems to be placed in the correct position (at the ears, and not below them). However, when already having the Earmuffs eqeuiped – and not previewing the item from the gemstore, it goes back to be below the ears; the wrong position. (Picture 2.)

This is quite frustrating, that this is happening to me, and I really want this new bug fixed, and I don’t believe, that I am the only one who has noticed the earmuffs being right below the ears, and clipping inside the head.

Attachments:

(edited by Dracota.6473)

Posted by: Lediath.7593

Lediath.7593

Posted by: Auralous.7945

Auralous.7945

Placement issue.

Female, Charr, Ranger. Wearing one of the “new” faces. “Reading Glasses” simply don’t sit right on my face. They sit way above where they should be. This occurs with other “eyewear” armor, too, but this one in particular I’m uploading and want to wear.

I purchased these directly from the gem store.

Attachments:

Posted by: Zyllos.1275

Zyllos.1275

Race: All
Sex: Both
Class: All
Armor type: N/A
Item: All Weapons

It seems all weapons in the game in all the races have a “weapon scaling” issue between sheath and wielded.

It’s especially predominate on Sylvari with the Glyphic Edge 1h Sword but is not limited to them only. All races/classes/weapons scale up when wielded and scaled down when sheathed.

It’s almost comical on some of the scaling that happens.

I am unsure why this is needed. There must be a middle point in all combinations to allow for minimum clipping and no scaling between wielding/sheathing.

Attachments:

Posted by: Magnus Heartseeker.7958

Magnus Heartseeker.7958

Skin: Carapace Pants
Issue: The top of the legs cut through themselves.
Attachments:

This is happening for the Luminescent Pants as well for Human Necro.

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

I have a few

1. Armor: Vigil’s Honor Breastplate
Issue: weird void hidden on arms

2. Race: Human
Armor: Sorcerer’s Pants
Issue: central piece stretches outward on bottom when certain weapons are drawn (such as sword and GS)

3. Race: Norn
Armor: Carapace/Luminescent Pauldrons
Issue: Shoulder armor clips through bulky Norn body (others, such as Glorious Shoulderguards and Conqueror’s Mantle suffer similar issues)

Attachments:

Posted by: Puffendorf.1694

Puffendorf.1694

T1 Cultural Norn Light Armor (Chest) Bug;

As seen on the pictures, hands seem to be flying in thin air, giving you the roleplay potential of Rayman…

Attachments:

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Race: Human and Norn
Item: Glorious Plate Helm – http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glorious_Plate_Helm

Issue: When your character has a beard, the beard disappears when you equip this helm. Other open visor helms like the Avenger’s Helm, Carapace Helm, etc. don’t “clip” the beard, so please fix this visual bug.

AND also, to be up front about an upcoming armor set featured in this data-mined video. Please be aware of the beard issue with the heavy armor helm there
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9LIVqexbgU

I NEED that heavy helm, and if it cuts my beard away I will cry!

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Ranger’s pet Raven
Raven Transparent wings.

When the raven pet is just a slight bit away from u its wings gbecome transparent. I posted about this over a year ago and is has still not been fixed. This uglyness keeps me from using it. Un fortunetley I have no picture atm. The snow owl doesnt have this particular problem.

Kima & Co

Posted by: Bratpirat.6137

Bratpirat.6137

Outlaw armor
female sylvari ranger
Clipping in the wonderbra area

Attachments:

Posted by: Emrakul.3924

Emrakul.3924

- Asura, Male, Elementalist
- Tier 3 light Torso hides ALL shoulder pieces (including Asura T3 Light shoulders)

This has been an issue since day 1, please fix this. These aren’t cheap pieces and I’d like to use them.

Attachments:

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

Armor: Carapace/Luminescence Gloves

There is a thin red line along the wrist on the right hand glove

Attachments:

Posted by: Abaris.8593

Abaris.8593

Male Sylvari Necromancer

Mantle of the Lich Shoulders clipping Shadow of Grenth Backpiece

I currently don’t own the back item yet due to this clipping issue shown in the preview menu. I’m not certain if it actually happens with the item equipped but don’t know why it shouldn’t.

I’m also wearing Flame Legion Vestments, Flame Legion Pants, Flame Legion Shoes and Hellfire Vambraces but that has nothing to do because I checked carefully which parts where responsible for the clipping issue.

Attachments:

Posted by: greasyT.5641

greasyT.5641

Armor: Luminescent Breastplate with Phantom’s Hood
There is cut out of the Luminescent Breastplate with Phantom’s Hood
Attachments:

Attachments:

Posted by: DingDon.9580

DingDon.9580

Race: Charr
Armor: Cook’s Outfit

Only upper parts of the dye channels have real impact on colours of the outfit. Setting the colours in the bottom ones doesn’t do anything. Instead, the parts of the outfit which are supposed to have different colour ( the red one, like in the picture ) share it automatically with other parts ( blue coloured ). For example, the strings have the same tint as the sleeves, it cannot be changed ).

Attachments:

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Reviewing thread and forwarding concerns.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

Ok, so I don’t know how long this has been going on, but the female human’s left leg is twisted to a very unnatural looking degree that causes bending and stretching of mesh and texture. I have uploaded a screenshot with three examples.

Attachments:

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

Profession: Ranger

Its likely been mentioned before, but since its still and issue I’ll mention it again. When wearing the magitech leggings my character’s thighs clip through the skirt, or perhaps its the skirt clipping into her, even when idle.

Attachments:

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

Mask of the Silent hide the forearm parts of Council Ministry Vestment.

Attachments:

Posted by: Torca.5162

Torca.5162

Neglected female charr

I am a female charr guardian and I chose the thinnest body shape that was available to me. I am going to post a few screenshots as I do not want to burnden you with 100 plus screenshots, but you are more than welcome to create a female charr with the thinnest body shape and you would get the same effect as me due to that I have looked at the fatter body shapes and those issues were greatly reduced.

Leggings: Most have static meshes that stands oddly away from character body. Armor skirt gives character a wrong knee shaped uplift/shape.

Shoulder piece: Most float way too high off her shoulder. Smaller pieces warp inward. Larger pieces are overly huge compared to body size.

Back items and weapons: Huge gap between character’s back and item

These are examples below of what I am talking about, because too many armor pieces have this problem. Now as the Larger/fatter charrs (such as male) does not seem to have this problem to the extent of my thinner female charr I would dot this down as a problem that is being overlooked or my character’s body shape neglected when it came to testing. I have been around since the year that this game was launched and armor is still being brought out with these same design flaws as the ones before them.

Posted by: Benzen.9475

Benzen.9475

Applying dye colors to the magitech chest piece wont stick. The change shows up in the dye window but the actual in world model never changes.

Every other piece works fine though I havent tested the head or shoulders yet because I’m not using the megitech version of them.

Female Charr Engineer

Attachments:

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

Could you please fix the bowstring of Kudzu? The string is still not attached to the bow. And, you know, Kudzu is a legendary, so it would be nice if you would tackle this issue.

(edited by Wuselknusel.4082)