Issues with character art, weapons, or armor?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: SchoobyDoo.1302

SchoobyDoo.1302

I figured it out the old skin for the shoulders for some reason is too big and then it gets rid of the shoulders…

Posted by: Krakatoa.1843

Krakatoa.1843

Race : Asura
Profession : Elementalist

Okay so after using ride the lightning ( while in combat ) , swapping attunements , using a conjure weapon then drop it, the fire effect on the arms is gone. You need to use another ride the lightning to a target to make it appear again. And if it is still there after using ride the lightning, then just after swapping to fire or earth and use an auto-attack its gone again.

Look the First screenshot, you will see that there is no fire effect.

The second screenshot shows how the fire animation should be.

Attachments:

Posted by: KronosBaelfire.6289

KronosBaelfire.6289

Race: Human and Norn
Profession: ALL

I noticed my darker skin toned characters have the wrong skin tone pigmentation on the character select screen. The character select pictures have the wrong skin tone than the actual character.

Attachments:

https://twitter.com/KronosBaelfire
http://gw2style.com/profile.php?id=9298
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” – Sun Tzu, The Art of War

(edited by KronosBaelfire.6289)

Posted by: Shinya.2598

Shinya.2598

Sneakthief Coat has the worst bug of all. It has a red line going straight through it. It’s been there sence the game launched.

Race: All
Sex: Male (and females wearing the male version)
Profession: Medium Armor

This red line appears more clearly while zooming out. It only appears on the front

Attachments:

Posted by: Edin.6084

Edin.6084

Hello,

My issue is not regarding armor but regarding skill visual, so if this is the wrong place, please move accordingly.

Skill issue: Aegis
Race: Human
Class: Guardian

As you will notice in the screenshots, Aegis is having a collision with characters body as if its stuck horizontally. I even called in another player to join me in screenshot to verify if the issue is only with me or is it with everyone else. It appeared that other player did not have that issue, but as you will see, to me it looks skewed on everyone it seems.

I first noticed this couple of weeks ago, but I was hoping coming patches would fix it. After couple of patches the issue is still there so I decided to post it hoping for fix.

I also submitted this error with in game bug report about a week ago.
Please let me know if any additional information is required.

Thank you for your help.

Edin

Attachments:

(edited by Edin.6084)

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

this has been a problem for a long time but my flame legion heavy pants cant be worn with anything other than the matching chest armor because there is a triangle of flesh showing up where the legs dont meet any other armor, i look like someone’s dad who quickly pulled on a pair of pants because he didnt know company was coming over and forgot to zip the fly

Attachments:

Posted by: Rain.1256

Rain.1256

Asura
Female
Elementalist

Hi i have a little problem this my Asura. As you can see in the picture the Wintersday Earmuffs are clipping with the ears ( “Protectors”). I don’t think it’s because the ears are to big since i tried it with smaller types too. I don’t know if this is already posted, but i would love it if this would be changed..

Attachments:

Posted by: Cuet Calib.8046

Cuet Calib.8046

Asura
Male
Thief

Gear shown in heroes panel:

Subterfuge Hood, Whisper’s Secret Shoulder Guards, Carapace Jerkin, Mist Walker Gloves, Carapace Leggings, Protean Boots

The Mist Walker gloves’ rigging is terrible, the vertex that faces towards the body appears to be more attached to the torso than the arm itself, and stretches like putty. This happens regardless of what armor is worn. My only wish is that I played GW1 so I could get a particular skin to replace this.

Attachments:

Posted by: Exun.7825

Exun.7825

Human
Female
Guardian

Quite big dye problem on the helmet of the Dark Templar armor.

Explanations and screenshot here : (I am sorry I didn’t see that topic 2 months ago)
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Dark-templar-armor-bugged/first#post5034735

Posted by: Sitrik.3150

Sitrik.3150

engineer, char, male
im not sure if someone already posted but when i have flamethrower equiped and want to gather wood, ore or herb character uses the flamethrower as it was pickaxe or axe
im sry but im not able to take screenshot of it but u can try it

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I’m having clipping issues with my Human Male Guardian’s Greatsword and Luminescent Armor. Whenever I run, my Guardian decides to sheathe the Greatsword in his back. This is really disappointing after working so hard to get my luminescent armor.

Attachments:

Posted by: Angelwood.7652

Angelwood.7652

Asura Male Necromancer

While wearing the top hat there’s a line of different colour along the head that isn’t there when you disable the Top Hat. It’s quite ugly since it’s in full view

Attachments:

“In due time, all will serve the Asura”
Jester – Hand of Blood [HoB]
Piken Square

Posted by: FalsePromises.6398

FalsePromises.6398

Race: Charr
Sex: Male (Problem may exist on female)
Class: Necromancer

As I equipped the Citadel of Flame light gloves, “Flame Legion Wraps”, I encountered a problem where the fingers of the gloves did not move to grab weapons or emote properly. I tried on another pair of gloves and the fingers worked perfectly, leading me to the assumption that it was just those gloves that were bugged. The fingers of the glove remain in a single position.

Attachments:

Posted by: Zach A Rusky.6920

Zach A Rusky.6920

Race: Char
Class: Engineer
Issue: The Predator aura not showing through armor

I just recently got my legendary The Predator for my Charr Engineer toon. After equipping it I realized that my big bulky armor covers up all of the aura the weapon gives off. The only aura you can see is around my tail, so it looks like im on a fuse. I wouldn’t mind if this happened with different armor, but the armor im wearing is the Tier 3 cultural armor for the charr race. I payed a lot for this armor and I really don’t want to get rid of it because I can barely see my legendary I’ve worked so long for. Help would really be appreciated! Thank you!!!

Attachments:

Posted by: Genoxa.7536

Genoxa.7536

Missing feet for monk robe (outfit) – human

There seems to be missing feet now for monk robes if you are a human female

Attachments:

Posted by: Piros.3721

Piros.3721

Race: Charr
Sex: Male
Class: Engineer

There are two problems with Inquest Guise armor from Crucible of Eternity. First off, it has pretty large hole on side chest and second issue is visible part of body appearing at the waist level.

Attachments:

Posted by: Thomas.9670

Thomas.9670

Class: Thief

The knee is visible through the skirt.

Posted by: Lurielle.1568

Lurielle.1568

Sneakthief Coat (Aidan)
bought: Black Lion Trading Company
Problem: Red line in the middle. Begins at the neck and ends at belly.
You also can see this red line on the wikipedia pictures, where they describe this armor, but it doesn’t look like there should be a red line (it looks wrong).

Flame Legion Gloves
bought: I can’t find the name, because of the new patch, they merged all dungeon-armor-sellers together in one seller, who stands at Fort Marriner. I paied with Flame legion Charr Carvings.
Problem: Red Line on the upper boader of the gloves.

Attachments:

Posted by: Starl.6392

Starl.6392

Human Female
Mesmer

My issue is with T3 Cultural Human Light Armor (Sorcerer’s Epaulets)

For some reason inside part of the armor has red coloring, regardless of colors actually used. It looks fine in preview though, or sometimes when i remove other armor parts. Also other people wearing these shoulders look fine to me.
Has anyone encountered similiar issues ? Maybe theres some workaround ?

P.S. I did redyeing, relogging, reequipping, repairing client, as well as updating video drivers. No effect.

ADD:
I think i have found the issue. Apparently that inner part of the armor piece uses colors from boots instead of shoulder. Since i had boots model with only one color, it used default colors 2 and 3 which are red.

I might be wrong on that. However, chaning boot model and colors affects shoulder piece inner color for me.

Attachments:

(edited by Starl.6392)

Posted by: Entropy.6784

Entropy.6784

Sylvari Female
Mesmer

The glorious armor chest appears to have a baggy appearance on sylvari. It appears to be a size too big, nor do I recollect a boob job.

First two images are for comparison.
Mind the bad quality ;p

Attachments:

Posted by: TwistingPlanets.4079

TwistingPlanets.4079

After I use my frost bow a lot of the times the bow string doesn’t go away.

-Female human elementalist

Attachments:

Posted by: Snakebite.2745

Snakebite.2745

Pretty terrible clipping with Council Guard armor on human males. Considering the amount of time you have to spend to get it, it’s very disappointing!

For reference, here is how the armor looks (properly) on a norn male: Front and
back

I know this isn’t a problem limited to me, because it’s visible on the wiki if you look closely: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/2/20/Council_Guard_armor_human_male_front.jpg

note: My character is also a warrior, if that makes any difference.

Attachments:

(edited by Snakebite.2745)

Posted by: Aldo.6574

Aldo.6574

Human Male
Mesmer

The light vigil skin leggings called Vigil’s Honor Leggings clip into almost all boots as a human male, here´s some more screens of them clipping into other shoes.

https://gyazo.com/84ca7bfd436f1e8289abc4443377c882

https://gyazo.com/a8a0227b079d71c6dc27577a3e52aec7

Attachments:

(edited by Aldo.6574)

Posted by: Jelger.6758

Jelger.6758

Human Female
Mesmer

My issue is with T3 Cultural Human Light Armor (Sorcerer’s Epaulets)

ADD:
I think i have found the issue. Apparently that inner part of the armor piece uses colors from boots instead of shoulder. Since i had boots model with only one color, it used default colors 2 and 3 which are red.

I might be wrong on that. However, chaning boot model and colors affects shoulder piece inner color for me.

This exactly, I have the same problem and it the color of the inner shoulder varies depending on the boots color, which is a problem with boots that only have 1/2 colors (which is most of them).

Posted by: Ompldob.9102

Ompldob.9102

Race, Sex, Class: Norn Female Guardian
Armor: Barbaric – Specifically the Legplates
Equipment: All Gladiator armor except for the shoulders and leggings, which are Barbaric armor.

Clipping on the butt and front thigh in idle animations. Light clipping on the butt in running animations.

Attachments:

Posted by: Jecht.2648

Jecht.2648

Clipping where the sword is covered by the cloth part of armour

Twilight (and sunrise/eternity) is the weapon,
5/6 protectors armour (human cultural t3) except the primeval helm,

Clipping only happens when sword is on the back and you run (not walk).

Attachments:

Posted by: Werdx.2059

Werdx.2059

Asura
Female
Elementalist

Hi i have a little problem this my Asura. As you can see in the picture the Wintersday Earmuffs are clipping with the ears ( “Protectors”). I don’t think it’s because the ears are to big since i tried it with smaller types too. I don’t know if this is already posted, but i would love it if this would be changed..

Is that her brain?

Werdx.2059

Sneakthief Coat (Aidan)
bought: Black Lion Trading Company
Problem: Red line in the middle. Begins at the neck and ends at belly.
You also can see this red line on the wikipedia pictures, where they describe this armor, but it doesn’t look like there should be a red line (it looks wrong).

Flame Legion Gloves
bought: I can’t find the name, because of the new patch, they merged all dungeon-armor-sellers together in one seller, who stands at Fort Marriner. I paied with Flame legion Charr Carvings.
Problem: Red Line on the upper boader of the gloves.

You srsly crying because of that,noone cant even see that line,while there’s real clipping issue with items paid 4-5 k gold??

Werdx.2059

Please post them in this thread if you come across any sort of bug that fits in the following categories:

- Armor/clothing art issues (textures, placement, clipping…)
- Weapon art issues (textures, placement, effects, clipping…)
- Character model issues (textures, effects…)

General Guidelines:
-Take a screenshot of the issue
-Take a screenshot of your equipment on the Hero Panel (H)
- List your Race, Sex and Class
- Be as descriptive as possible
-Take a screenshot

If the issue relates to clothing/armor/weapons
- List the names of every piece of armor/clothing/weapon equipped (this includes the level requirement) when you encountered the issue
- If you can, list where you acquired the item (which NPC, what map location, which dungeon, etc…)

Note on clipping issues: While we understand the desire to have all clipping issues resolved, the way our items are designed sometimes causes some small issues that cannot be fixed easily. We’re looking for severe clipping (like your shield is impaling you or your daggers are completely hidden by your coat.) Things like hair clipping or minor clipping of weapons into armor are sometimes unavoidable.

Please attach the screenshots to your forum post rather than hosting it elsewhere.
If you have a video of the issue, please upload those to YouTube (unlisted) and link that along with your other bug information here.

For more Bugging Best Practices, see this thread.

We appreciate everyone’s help with these issues. Thank you!

I dont know why anyone would bother to do this?Is there a point?You made multi million game,and so many years after its release,you cant fix clipping.

If people were any smart,they should boycott TP,or game in that matter,untill you fix clipping.kitten that would be fastest fix in history of gaming.I bet it would be speed of light fix.

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Race: Any
Sex: Any
Class: mainly Guardian
Weapon: The Flameseeker Prophecies

Legendary has no walking effect or aura around character, but also Aegis clips inside it.

Attachments:

Posted by: Jeszuz.7968

Jeszuz.7968

Profession: Thief
Armor Set: Medium armor headgear

Description: Every head piece that covers the mouth area clips with your nose if its large,.

1st Image is a demonstration, the rest are just a few examples of the clipping issues.

Attachments:

Posted by: StacyX.4831

StacyX.4831

Large Norn Female body type clips on SO MANY armors. This has greatly cut down on the amount of armors she can wear. It’s been an issue since launch.

http://i.imgur.com/AAG0Egi.jpg

Attachments:

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Race: Any
Sex: Any
Class: mainly Guardian
Weapon: The Flameseeker Prophecies

Legendary has no walking effect or aura around character, but also Aegis clips inside it.

Uploading better screen examples. I believe that’s an issue with EVERY shield. Using The Flameseeker Prophecies here to also address the lack of effects compared to the other legendary weapons (and the overlapping of ripple effect with Aegis).

Can we simply have no Aegis effect whan a real shield is equipped? It has been giving problems since launch.

Attachments:

(edited by Kidel.2057)

Posted by: EroticAndHeretic.7398

EroticAndHeretic.7398

Race: Human, Norn and Sylvari
Sex: Female
Profession: Light Armor
Armor piece: Flame Legion Pants

The flame legion pants have some weird textures. The front one match one f the dyes, while the back one is always red.

Attachments:

Posted by: Goshkee.7495

Goshkee.7495

Race: human and sylvari so far
Sex: female
Profession: medium and heavy armor
Armor piece: various skins applied via wardrobe

This happened a while ago and I thought i might resolve it somehow, but I run out of ideas.

Tried changing the graphics’ settings ingame, tried various nvidia display drivers and tried to find anything helpful in the internet.

I’m not 100% sure but I think the major armor clipping issues surfaced right after I changed several dyes and skins in my wardrobe. I’m almost sure that the pieces that cause the clipping are the ones that are not the “original” equipment, but the gear with changed skins. The problem concerns other charactrers as well (gloves, boots and other minor glitches).

Any ideas?

Attachments:

(edited by Goshkee.7495)

Posted by: WestWind.1347

WestWind.1347

Race: Sylvari
Class: Any
I hope I’m posting this in the right place… I don’t know if anyone else has seen this problem, but I have a glitch where my female sylvari’s feet don’t display correctly. They look all scrunched up. I tried deleting and remaking my character, but then I noticed it happened on every single sylvari female that I made.

Is there a fix for this? None of my other characters seem to have this issue..

Attachments:

Posted by: Karl L.8924

Karl L.8924

Race: Asura
Profession: Necromancer/Elementalist

Armor: Savant leggings

The Savant leggings on male Asura have a huge hole between the belt and the skirt parts. This issue has been around for quite some time. The female armor, however, does not have this issue. There seems to be an issue with a gap between the modeled legs and where the rest of the body is.

It is worth noting that a quick fix could be applied by just forcing the males to use the same model that the females have.

Attachments:

Posted by: Nesfarro.1265

Nesfarro.1265

Race: Asura
Profession: Necromancer

Weapon: looks like every focus (serveral screenshots provided)

It seems like its shifted on one of the axes so its not in the middle of the hand anymore.

Example screenshots: Crimson Lion Focus, Crimonson Antique Artifact, Dwayna’s Focus, Guild Focus, Kind Toad’s Focus and Priory’s Historical Focus.

Attachments:

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

Norn
Female
Weapons and armor sizes vs racial features vs physical character model

Female Norn models seem to have several key pieces of gear’s sizes, locations and placement tied to the way they are done on Norn Males regardless of what the physique actually looks like:

Boots that reach or pass the knee on other races come up short, and are frequently thinner on the legs than the rest of the armor set. Not all boots apply..too many to list.

Gloves similarly, it isn’t every single armor piece, but as gloves, it shouldn’t be hard to spot in side by side pictures.

Shoulders almost always hang at a 90 degree angle from the neck instead of following the angles of the shoulders and upper arm the way they do on humans and sylvari. Also many are oversized, apparently tied to the bust of the given physique? So they hang wrong, frequently don’t even touch the character model’s shoulder, and are too big. Flagship example is the CoF light shoulder. Others include, but are not limited to, Cof Heavy shoulder, Glorious Heavy shoulder, Heavy Armageddon shoulder, and many more. Pics to come of the shoulder.

And lastly the weapons. Swords especially stinging me right now. I just made bolt and…well, you’ll see the pic. Again it looks to me to be a compensation between Norn Male and Female bodies, where the female physiques lose out, all the way.

Bonus ball: The Hair, please fix my Norn’s clipping hair

Attachments:

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

Class: Guardian

Issue: This is the Wedding Attire outfit, and the crown doesn’t display properly with this specific hairstyle. I have the same issue for the Gem Store helmet skin, “Wreath of Cooperation”.

I’ve attached two images, the first one shows the problem on my Male Human Guardian.

The second one is a comparison image where there is no problem with the display of the crown on a different hairstyle (Male Human Elementalist).

Attachments:

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

Posted by: Phex.8423

Phex.8423

Item: Aetherblade Medium Shoulderpad Skin
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aetherblade_Medium_Shoulderpad_Skin
Profession: Engineer

The shoulder armor twists awkwardly only when the character is holding a rifle, as seen in the screenshot. Look at the shoulderpad that is on the left side on the screenshot.

This issue appeared with the most recent patch on Tuesday 8/25. It looks like something has changed with the female sylvari’s right shoulder, causing the shoulder armor on that side to move and cause twisting.

Attachments:

(edited by Phex.8423)

Posted by: Iluvatar.3046

Iluvatar.3046

Armor Set: Wedding Attire

Description: There seems to be an issue with the new Wedding Attire armor skin. There is a particle on the back (see image) that doesn’t belong there.

Attachments:

Posted by: BlooMongoose.5018

BlooMongoose.5018

This is still a thing.

My post from December 26th, 2014:

Race: Norn
Class: Ranger
Weapon: Ascalonian Longbow (Night version only)

The spooky night version of this longbow has multiple animation issues. LB skills #2, #4, and #5 all produce various visual glitches. After the channel for Rapid Fire (LB #2) is finished, the animation does not stop playing. The same goes for Barrage (LB #5). Point Blank Shot (LB #4) leaves the bow fully drawn back with the bowstring bent at an angle. These issues persist until I autoattack, or use the #3 skill (neither of which seem to produce any glitches like the other skills). They also persist even after the bow is stowed onto my character’s back and even after switching weapons.

I discovered this back during the recent Halloween update, and also saw the bug recreated on a male Norn Ranger as well.

Since I can’t really show it in a screenshot, here’s a video of it instead:

Ascalonian Longbow Glitch

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

male Charr
The wedding attire

There is a similar Dye-glitch on male Charr as it is on female Sylvari – plz fix
and also the dual daggers/dual pistols (havnt tried with sword+ something) carried (when stowed) points inwards when using this outfit.
(edited) added a picture of the dual dagger clipping issue.

Attachments:

Kima & Co

(edited by Frostfang.5109)

Posted by: Phex.8423

Phex.8423

Items: Carapace Pants and Luminescent Pants
Profession: Mesmer
Bug Details: There are two vertical dark lines located on the back of the leg armor. These seem to only be present on female sylvari characters and don’t appear for example on human females.

Attachments:

Posted by: jeezlaweez.6810

jeezlaweez.6810

Items: Royal Guard Outfit and Shields

Bug details: Royal Guardian Outfit clips a lot with several shields (see screenshots for examples) probably because the wielding arm in character model is nearer the body than it should be when using this outfit.

Attachments:

Samuel Hart – lvl 80 Necro and 20 more toons… well. Yeah.

Posted by: Astra Lux.2846

Astra Lux.2846

Items: Royal Guard Outfit, Shields
Race: Norn
Profession: Guardian

Bug details: For some reason, when the Royal Guard Outfit is equipped it alters the angle of shields when drawn, tilting it more horizontally towards, and often through, the character’s neck. This character is level 10, wearing a full set of karma Mighty Chainmail armour and bandit weapons (transmuted) from the karma vendor in the Eternal Battlegrounds.

Attachments:

(edited by Astra Lux.2846)

Posted by: Bittie.6274

Bittie.6274

Item: Wedding Dress Outfit
Profession: All professions

Bug Detail: The wedding dress on human females needs a bit of a rework. The front where the dress hangs from the chest down sticks out as if its not even draped against the torso/lower torso making it look wonky and not so elegant for a wedding dress. When you run with the wedding dress the back of the dress kicks way to far up and just looks like its being stretched and has a rubber like effect. It needs to be more flow like or even shortened. Finally, the dress is way too long in the back and clips into the floor, it should possibly be shortened. I viewed this outfit on every gender and race and only found these issues to be a problem on Human Females.

Screenshots provided below showing what I am talking about.
- First Screenshot: Dress clipping into the floor from being too long.
- Second Screenshot: Dress kicking way too far up, making the dress look wonky.
- Third Screenshot: Dress sticking outward from the torso/lower torso making the human model in the dress look weird.
- Fourth Screenshot: Player Equipment Panel.
- Fifth Screenshot: Player Outfit Panel.

Attachments:

Le Bittie
No bro, that ain’t me. I ain’t about that life.

Posted by: Nelict.7589

Nelict.7589

Items: Royal Guard Outfit with Two Handed Swords
Profession: Guardian(proly Warrior & Ranger too)

Also, Human male has a bug with sideburns when getting in and out of combat.

Attachments:

Posted by: Sentinel VX.1392

Sentinel VX.1392

Asura
Male
Guardian

My character’s ears are clipping with the ear section of the asura cultural T3 heavy helmet. I circled the issue in red. A lot of the ears are affected by this issue. I also attached some of the other bugged ears by using total makeover kits.

Attachments:

Sea of Sorrow since BWE.