Issues with character art, weapons, or armor?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Carmela.8756

Carmela.8756

Agreed what Dwarvenpit wrote.
White Mantle Outfit clips also horrible into the ground. I think that part of outfit is a little bit too long.
It Clips also with weapons, mostly when u play thief human.

Attachments:

Posted by: StrAtoS.7184

StrAtoS.7184

there is a problem with the Shoulder Scarf, as u can see in the picture below the hair gets inside the scarf and ruins the look.

Attachments:

Posted by: Musik.8509

Musik.8509

I noticed a problem on my female Charr elementalist regarding the animation (or lack thereof) of the hands while wearing gloves with the Flame Legion Wraps skin. The hands seem stuck in some kind of idle pose or in the first frame of their animation cycle, not gripping weapons, not moving when playing instruments and so on.

Attachments:

Posted by: Yesod.5264

Yesod.5264

May we have a texture revamp to the Selfless/Thoughtless Potions to make these items prominently glow. Similar to the Dwayna Wing tips or Chaos Gloves.

Legacy details/pictures/examples here: Selfless/Thoughtless Potion Bugs and Concerns.

Attachments:

(edited by Yesod.5264)

Posted by: Ophelia.4208

Ophelia.4208

Female, Asura, Mesmer/Chronomancer.

Armour: Mask of the Silent, Chronomancer’s Epaulets, Vigil’s Honor Vest, Scarlet’s Grasp, Savant Leggings, Adept Boots.

Weapons: Vision of the Mists, Whisperblade, The Anomaly.

Red colouration on certain parts of the gloves: Scarlet’s Grasp. Sometimes If I reset the texture by concealing gloves then re-applying them it disappears. I have tried removing all my armour and re-applying the pieces one by one and it seems to be the Mask of the Silent that triggers it to go back to red again.

Thank you.

Attachments:

Posted by: BAI.2738

BAI.2738

weapon bug
Weapon:bolt
Issue:The legendary bolt have a current bug for a long time it has been experienced.The bug is,whenether you are in combat or approaching a big zerg the lightning animation
Stops.I’m currently crafting the precursor but it is not cool as few days before I read carefully the bolt description on wiki and I don’t want a bug legendary…Plz arenanet FIX THIS BUG .(the bug was first seen 2 years before aprox).Thank you in advance

(edited by BAI.2738)

Posted by: SmirkDog.3160

SmirkDog.3160

Race: Charr
Sex: Male
Class: Guardian
Armor: Dreadnought Fists

Issue: Nearly every shield that can be equipped by my character clips so far into the armour, it’s ridiculous. Just a few examples are attached, but so many of them go beyond just having the pointy bits stick through a bit. Some look like they’re halfway into the arm itself. And it’s not just a bug with the preview window, since the shield he has equipped normally also does this (but it’s harder to see because he has aegis for the rest of eternity).

Attachments:

(edited by SmirkDog.3160)

Posted by: miqou.3675

miqou.3675

Race: Sylvari
Sex: Female (Male might have the same problem)
Class: Mesmer
Armor: Dryad Helm, Dryad Epaulets, Dryad Coat, Dryad Gloves, Dryad Leggings, Dryad Boots
Weapon: Nevermore
——————-
Description: Major lighting and shader errors on every piece of the Sylvari Cultural 3 light armor when Nevermore is equipped. This problem only occurs if the Shaders option is set to High. I have experienced this bug on many different PCs.

As you can see in the screenshots and the video, the whole Armor has a flickering, almost glowing white, light effect on it. This effect appears the moment you’re moving around or after Nevermore was in attack mode.
When I pull out Nevermore the back side of the Shoulders gains a very bright glowing light effect. (where there is no way there could be a light reflection due to the Nevermore effect.)
After I put Nevermore away, the armor is glowing again and after a few seconds shadows pops in. But this fixes the problem only for a short time, because even the character idle animation or simply running around will activate the error again.

This bug happens at any time in the game, and in every map.

I hope you guys can fix this bug. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX-w0B5A_hg

Attachments:

(edited by miqou.3675)

Posted by: Tarreth.8914

Tarreth.8914

Race: Norn
Class: Warrior
Armor: Braham’s set.
Weapon: Etched Greatsword

New emotes on norn males are bugged. When using them, name drops to feet and character speaking also speaks from feet. Occurs only with recent 5 new emotes.

Attachments:

“We fight to live and we live to fight”

Posted by: Josa.5067

Josa.5067

Sex: Both
Class: All medium classes
Armor: Cultural T2 Medium / Wrangler pants

The T2 cultural pants on charr cause the tail to get detached from the body almost completely from the right side.

It’s actually a problem on quite a few different pants, but I think the cultural ones, that should be specifically made for charr, are the most imporant ones to get a fix.

Attachments:

Posted by: Doombringer BG.3740

Doombringer BG.3740

Hello,

I’ve been playing for a while now and ever since I started the following issue has bugged me quite a lot.

The preview window/HeroPanel of Dyes does not show as what you actually get to play.
As you can see in the attached picture, I’ve taken photos of my character at different locations under different lights. The illumination is absolutely different.
At the top you can see the character in the Character Selection menu, which looks almost, if not, as identical as the Preview window.

In the photos taken, I’ve maxed everything out just to make sure It wasn’t anything I might have not turned on or tried, because I spent some time playing with the settings to see if i can get the same effect.

Unfortunately, no matter where I went nor during which part of the day, my armor never gets to have the same “metal” look like in the preview, but it has this “plastic” one.

In the pictures taken I was using the Iron Dye, but I’ve also tried the Charred Dye by recommendation, but the effect was the same.

The character in the photo is a Human Male Revenant, even though that’s not important in this case, because I have the same issue with all the races because it’s the item not the character.

Attachments:

Posted by: TitaniumBovine.9674

TitaniumBovine.9674

SEVERE issues with /talk emote:
On female sylvari (I’m a mesmer but that seems irrelevant), the new /talk emote causes ALL skirts to lose physics and stick out sideways. This happens regardless of whether the Animation settings under Graphics are set to high, medium, or low. This doesn’t seem to happen with any other animation. (I’ve submitted this bug in-game, and am posting this here to provide additional screenshots)

Attachments:

Posted by: Rain.7543

Rain.7543

Hello,

I noticed a serious clipping issue with the new blood ruby backpack and asura character models. I tried the skin on human and sylvari also and it seems the issue with asura comes from the height difference between character models or so it seems.

While with a draw weapon the upper ruby is literally sticking out from the middle of the character head.

I really hope that can be fixed, because I really like the skin and the option to be infused.

Attachments:

(edited by Rain.7543)

Posted by: Saranos.9703

Saranos.9703

Sex: Female
Class: Ranger
Armor: Bloodstone visage

Hello. Not sure if this is on purpose but when I equip the new helm I can see the glowing eyes through the back of my head.

Attachments:

Posted by: Roo.2037

Roo.2037

Item in question: Sabetha’s Crucible / Scorcher backpiece

Hello. My issue is very simple – Sabetha’s Crucible is flying at least ~10cm above a Charr’s back. It looks awful, especially when you take into consideration that it costs 600 magnetite shards to obtain. Quite a long time of raiding to be invested into a faulty item.

Attachments:

(edited by Roo.2037)

Posted by: curtisneal.3460

curtisneal.3460

I logged on today and found that my 2 characters that had 100% map exploration were mow credited with 85% and 90% exploration completed. I want to know why this happened and how it will be corrected.

Posted by: Ventru.5302

Ventru.5302

Race: Human
Item in question: Bloodstone Visage

I don’t know if anyone already posted this but Bloodstone Visage eyes are visible when looking at the character from behind. It look very odd. Please correct this issue if you can.

Attachments:

Posted by: seldis.2836

seldis.2836

Race : Norn warrior
sex : Male
Item in question : Mad Scientist’s Logging tool

I spin like whirlwind attck(warrior) when logging trees

Attachments:

(edited by seldis.2836)

seldis.2836

race : Norn warrior
sex : male
height : tallest
Physique : second one on first lane(most muscular)
related items : Illustrious Breastplate, all ascended rifles(crimson antique musket, musket of the sunless, ect…)

this is about weapon placement on back. please see the attachment.

thank you.

Attachments:

seldis.2836

race : human
sex : female
related item : Devout leggings

this item skin has a serious problem. like the model was made by totally wrong way. please see my attachment.

thank you.

Attachments:

Posted by: Lykaios.5361

Lykaios.5361

Armor: Heavy

I’m facing clipping / placement issues with the new wide rim glasses equipped on the exclusive Charr faces from the total makeover kit.

Almost half the glasses are hidden / blocked from the upper muzzle part / nasal bone, you can just see them sticking out the sides:

Attachments:

Posted by: Animagique.4025

Animagique.4025

Mesmer
Asura
Male

Southsun Mask is not applying dyes appropriately, as you can see in the screen shot I have colored the entire mask blue but pieces of it are still beige, it was not like this when I wore it last. Please fix, thanks.

Attachments:

Posted by: Yan Lan.4731

Yan Lan.4731

Sylvari male, medium armor (thief).

Nighmare court guise
Firstborn gloves
Firstborn leggings
Evergreen boots

Dye: Celestial

Problem: On medium version of the Nightmare court armor celestial dye appears to be vastly different from the sylvari cultural armor (tier 3 and tier 1). Such a problem does not appear in light armor (which has consistent colouring, no matter if it’s sylvari cultural or nightmare court).

Pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/eKfXF
http://imgur.com/a/4AzjM

I wish it was possible to choose whether I want radiant variant or ugly greyish one. Or I would be understanding if it was the same for light armor version, but while you can freely come up with outfits by swapping cultural and nightmare in ligh you cannot do that in medium, unless you use very very dark dyes.

Posted by: Exylia.3814

Exylia.3814

PLEASE fix the Chaos Gloves, i am really annoyed by the withe spikes coming from my hands…

Attachments:

Posted by: Shalorn.6120

Shalorn.6120

H? firstly good work i explain everything in jpg thx and good work again ^^

Attachments:

Posted by: skeeman.3140

skeeman.3140

Edited as I figured out what’s going on!

The Lava Skull Backpack causes display issues when previewing, at least for my male Norn guardian. The first time I preview it, the backpack and also my weapons are smaller in size. If I preview it a second time, the backpack and my weapons become the proper size.

Attachments:

(edited by skeeman.3140)

Posted by: RobotInProgress.9782

RobotInProgress.9782

Race(s): Asura and Charr
Sex: Both
Armor: Dragonscale Headdress – (Obtained through one of the Rising Flames story achievements)

Currently I am aware that both Asura and Charr are affected in some way by the Dragonscale headdress, which is a beautiful helmet design but is ruined by one or two things.

For Asura the ears go directly through the two metal plates that are supposed to cover the ears, the idea, I am assuming, is that the ears would be wrapped into the headdress and covered by plates, so much like the Scrapper’s Mask I think that the ears just shouldn’t be visible.

As for Charr, when the headdress is equipped or previewed, the horns can intersect parts of the helmet, although I haven’t seen it on all Charr models and various horns types, I think that having the plated areas point outwards, providing room for the horns to avoid clipping through the plates. otherwise it may be wiser to remove the plates entirely. (I know its probably not that easy but its a suggestion nonetheless)

((Would post image with the multiple issues annotated and in one image but photoshop is not being co-operative))

Attachments:

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

Armor: Bloodstone Visage

After last patche (20.9.2016) is his "eyes effect " embedded in the head and you see only faint light. In hero panel “H” looks normal.

Attachments:

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
Oupí lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

Posted by: Girbilcannon.8259

Girbilcannon.8259

Race: Asura
Armor: Bloodstone Visage

After most recent patch, the Bloodstone Visage glow effect is pretty much not there. It shows up in the Hero panel just fine, but it’s impossible to see on an asura now.

Attachments:

Posted by: Cuigios.1093

Cuigios.1093

Armor: Glorious Pauldrons (Heavy Shoulder Armor)

Pauldrons seem to clip through most chest armors even the matching Glorious Breastplate (screenshot 3).
On the naked model and on breastplates that don’t really add a layer on top of the shoulder/arm you can see that the pauldrons don’t seem centered (screenshots 4&5).

Attachments:

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

Armor: Necromancer Wraith Masque

The colors r wrong:

The ‘eye white’ is grey
The iris is glowing white
The eye lens is grey

The ‘eye white’ should be glowing white
The iris should be grey
The eye lens should be glowing white

Attachments:

Posted by: Natanya.2403

Natanya.2403

Profession: Mesmer
Armor Issue: Lupine Leggings (Norn T3 Light Cultural)
Other Armor Pieces: Zhed’s Mask (hidden), Lupine Mantle, Soul of Koda, Arms of Koda, Path of Koda.
Dyes: Celestial, Olive Silk, Turquoise

Issue: It seems that the “shorts” under the skirt part of these leggings is ignoring environmental lighting. I first noticed it in Straits of Devastation at the Pact Rally Point where the lighting isn’t as bright due to the area being undercover, so I decided to take this character to the dark room of Obsidian Sanctum since that place has no lighting whatsoever. Lo and behold, the “shorts” remained white while the rest of the armor, including the parts that I cannot dye, all went black.

I’ve also included a couple of screenshots in LA, one during the day and the other at night, and put them side by side. The left being in the shade near the Tailoring Station, and the right being in the sunlight/moonlight just a few steps away. The “shorts” don’t appear to be affected again, unlike the rest of the armor.

The forth screenshot is the layout of dyes I use. The dyes aren’t all the same on each piece, but I use Celestial and Turquoise on all armor pieces. The colours I have listed above are the ones I use on the leggings.

EDIT – Added a screenshot from the start of the Ember Bay jumping puzzle. The yellow/orange lighting is affecting most of the armor, but again the “shorts” are ignoring it.

Attachments:

Natanya – Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Tarnished Coast

(edited by Natanya.2403)

Posted by: Behemoth.9341

Behemoth.9341

Armor Issue: “Vigil’s Honor Tassets” and “Flame Legion Legguards”

“Vigil’s Honor Tassets” Issue: There is a gap between the chest armor and the leg armor.
It is possible to view the ground and the inside of the rest of the armor through the middle of the character. This is especially annoying in the greatsword fighting stance.

“Flame Legion Legguards” Issue: The armor appears to have a bug in the crotch so that the character model glitches through the armor.

Attachments:

Posted by: Diablo.7591

Diablo.7591

Profession: Warrior
Armor skin: Bloodstone visage

Description: Bloodstone visage on preview looks normal but when add to helm this skin its dosen’t work it barely glowing.

Attachments:

Posted by: Delorean.6174

Delorean.6174

Race: Charr, though I’m pretty sure it extends to the other races as well
Armor skin: Slickpack(back item)
Floats a few inches above the character’s back, even more when in motion

Attachments:

(edited by Delorean.6174)

Posted by: Rioghnach.8094

Rioghnach.8094

Texture issue with sneakthief armor

human, female, ranger

The texture of the lacing grommets looks different on the sneakthief coat from the sneakthief leggings when dyed the exact same colors.

I like the way the electro pink dye shows up on the grommets for the sneakthief coat, but the same dye texture seems to wash out and look white on the leggings grommets.

Attachments:

Posted by: Morfindeth.2345

Morfindeth.2345

Ghostly outfit: When equipped, it applies the male charr tail model to female charr

Attachments:

Posted by: Girbilcannon.8259

Girbilcannon.8259

Profession: Thief
Armor skin: Aetherblade Medium Jerkin

Description: On the lower back of this skin (right above the belt line) there is a white triangle geometry that pops out when the character is running, jumping, or doing emotes. It is really quite noticeable and the picture doesn’t do it much justice.

Attachments:

Posted by: psychomantis.4867

psychomantis.4867

Class: Thief

Armor: Seeker Coat (Early level crafting gear)

Issue: On Sylvari female the Seeker Coat clips severely through the left hip, no matter which pants you’re wearing (In my picture shown with a full Seeker set
This also persists on all the Sylvari physique settings.

Attachments:

Posted by: Lethaliy.7035

Lethaliy.7035

Human
Female
Theif

I’m not sure if this has been posted before or not. I’ve googled it and didn’t get any results.

My issue is the Gargoyle shortbow skin’s glowing effect. The coloring and glowing effect seem to change randomly when loading into different maps.

Attachments:

Posted by: Udolpho.1209

Udolpho.1209

Class: Necro

One of the exclusive hairstyles for Charr has a movement problem: the hairline is not secured/locked to the forehead. As a result, as the character moves, such as in idle, the hairline does not move congruent with the head, making it look like a loose-fitting wig that slides around.

This is especially noticeable if the Charr has a fur pattern on their face. You can see hidden areas appear and disappear.

Other hairstyles seem to have a secure hairline (at least in preview). This hairstyle is for females too but I did not check if it has the same problem.

Attachments:

Posted by: Josa.5067

Josa.5067

The new Koda’s Warmth cosmetic aura is barely visible on charr.

It was already pretty underwhelming on humans, but somehow it’s even worse on charr (not really surprised though…).

On a charr

and for comparison

On a human

I paid ~500 gold for this. I think it should be more visible.

Posted by: Ralliare.7893

Ralliare.7893

Sylvari
Female
Medium Armor (engineer if that helps)
Armors involved (No noticable clipping between the pieces but just in case): Outlaw coat, illustrious leggings & aetherblade boots
Physique 7 (I screened it in case I’m wrong on the number)

Outlaw coat clips a bit near the bust area and looks really bad since I can’t dye it the same colour to hide it, looks like the vest wants to break free. I bought it off the TP a loooong time ago and never had any issues till now. No clipping with anything in the back.

Attachments:

Posted by: With.4165

With.4165

Race : Human
Class : Mesmer/Chronomancer.
Armor Type : Light

Armor Issue : Ornate Guild Shoes
Description : Not all boots shoes well with Ascalonian Performer Pants but Ornate Guild Shoes does. The issues it, this Ornate Guild Shoes shoe soles always sink in the ground most place I go leaving only 90% off upper shoes visible.

Attachments:

Posted by: KronosBaelfire.6289

KronosBaelfire.6289

Race: ALL
Class: ALL
Armor type: ALL

Koda’s Warmth aura enrichment is very weak looking compared to when standing near a Koda brazier or flame. Is there any way we can fix this and have it look like the aura when standing near a koda brazier ALL the time please.

Attachments:

https://twitter.com/KronosBaelfire
http://gw2style.com/profile.php?id=9298
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” – Sun Tzu, The Art of War

(edited by KronosBaelfire.6289)

Posted by: fortisplayer.4357

fortisplayer.4357

Massively floating detached eyelashes

Apparent on many human female shapes.
Rest assured – It is clearly visible from medium distances too.

Super frustrating!

Attachments:

(edited by fortisplayer.4357)

Posted by: HiddenCommander.8305

HiddenCommander.8305

Chest armor clipping into the Shoulder armor

General Guidelines:
- Asura, Male, Ranger
- The Heritage Jerkin is clipping into the Heritage Shoulderpads blatantly. (Highlighted in red)

Equipment:
- Zho’s Mask (Required lvl 80)
- Heritage Shoulderpads (Required lvl 80)
- Heritage Jerkin (Required lvl 80)
- Rampager’s Heritage Armguards of the Ranger (Required lvl 80)
- Rampager’s Heritage Legguards of the Ranger (Required lvl 80)
- Rampager’s Heritage Boots of the Ranger (Required lvl 80)

Acquired at the Hall of Monuments from Kimmes the Historian

Attachments:

Posted by: Meari.9078

Meari.9078

Not sure if this fits but my character suddenly went dark. I’ve tried changing settings but nothing seems to work. Is anyone else having this problem or am I just special? I’ve submitted tickets but nothing seems to change

Attachments:

Posted by: CDunne.9254

CDunne.9254

“Winter’s Heart” infusion dyes certain armor blue, in this case it’s my Grenth’s Hood. Can you please look into this matter? Thank you!

Attachments:

Posted by: BrainedBot.2106

BrainedBot.2106

Mist Walker Coat

It’s “coat tale” is invisible when seing by frontside.

Attachments: