Issues with character art, weapons, or armor?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: egsosither.9120

egsosither.9120

Race: Sylvari
Sex: Male
Profession: Thief

The problem: Texture and color errors. Persisted in different interfaces, locations and after several restarts. Many of which due to the game crashing after few minutes while playing on this character. Everything seems to be back to normal as of this writing.

Screenshots:
1. Red texture on torso with no armor (Makeover Kit).
2. Misplaced, washed out and outright missing textures (Makeover Kit).
3. The missing textures up close, and red skin up the neck (Makeover Kit).
4. Wrong textures and colors on everything except head, Mawdrey and gloves. (Hero P)
5. Same as the above, from the front.
6. Different location, same problem as 4 and 5, but with different textures. (Hero P)
7. Same as the above, from the side.

Attachments:

Posted by: Pip Squeak.3418

Pip Squeak.3418

Item: Savant Coat
Race: Male Asura, smallest frame
Profession: all cloth classes

The right “Gauntlet” on the Savant Coat is too thin and clips horribly with most gloves. There are many cool appearance options that are basically ruined by this, not to mention the glowing circles on it look like odd squished ovals instead of circles.

Edit: Added a really quick paint edit (yeah i know the clipping parts are still missing) but I made it larger and it looks cooler, and more natural.

Attachments:

(edited by Pip Squeak.3418)

Posted by: Dantalian.9570

Dantalian.9570

Hello!

I have noticed a pretty big clipping issue with the Buccaneer gloves. It’s a karma/badges of honor armor piece.

Race: Norn
Sex: Female
Class: Ranger

Basically the problem is that the gloves itself aren’t “big” enough and they clip through the skin of my character.

I hope this can be fixed, since these are the only medium gloves that aren’t either half of my arm, or only a hand.

Attachments:

Posted by: Immora.2489

Immora.2489

Item: Foefire Wraps
Races: All
Sex: Both
Classes: Light and Medium wearers
Equipment: Light and Medium Chests that hide the upper arm/forearm; Sylvari Female Arborist Coat (Heavy). (It’s unclear to me the extent of the bug on Heavy chests; might be almost entirely N/A for the other Heavy race/sex combos due to non-glove-hiding designs)

Problem:
When the Foefire Wraps are equipped with chest pieces that hide the upper arm/forearm, the flames/glow color are not drawn from any of the 4 dye channels used on the Foefire Wraps. Instead:

• Most of these use the color of one of the chest channels
  • Some of these are red
  • At least a few are bugged to be a sort of white-with-black
  • And a tinier few bugged to be orange
  • None used a color from the actual Foefire Wraps

This happens in both Night and Day modes and in various locations. I did not test for underwater differences.

More Notes on Testing Process:
My attached screenshots show an in-game screenshot with Equipment panel, as well as Dye views that make it more obvious what’s happening. For a more full list of what combinations this happens on for easy bug-testing reference… I tested as best as I could with my existing characters, and using a mix of inventory items, wardrobe unlocks, and wardrobe previews. I specifically tested ALL of the light Foefire gloves + chest combinations for female asura and sylvari. I also did samplings from all armor weight classes on both males/females and all races and confirmed the bug for both sexes + light or medium weight, but heavy seems to lack glove-covering chests besides the Sylvari Female Arborist Coat. I will update if I find out otherwise.

Full testing spreadsheet on Google Sheets — it ain’t pretty, but I think it’s thorough. The attachment formatted as text is not easily read until pasted into a spreadsheet program for column separations.

(Those that show the full glove were marked N/A because “partial glove” was non-applicable. I was hoping to use “No” for ones that hid the upper glove without bugging, but that ended up being… none of them.)

tl;dr — Foefire Wraps flame/glow colors are super bugged when paired with glove-chopping chests

(edited by Immora.2489)

Posted by: Unreal.4231

Unreal.4231

Item: Kraitkin
Races: All
Sex: Both
Classes: All Trident Wielding classes (NECROMANCER/ELEMENTALIST/GUARDIAN/MESMER)
Equipment: Trident: Kraitkin

Problem:
The trident does not use its night cycle effects. The trident ignores ingame day/night, ignores “always night time” maps, and is permanently stuck in its daytime rotation.

All nighttime trails + effects are missing on all players, owners, classes, maps, and races. Nighttime effects briefly appear for a microsecond when casting a spell or using an attack, before vanishing and returning to the daytime version. This “resets” the trident’s animation cycle (the heads moving on the skin itself).

This LEGENDARY weapon does not have footfalls, does not have particle effects — it has the green light effect at night that is a major part of its identity and its been bugged for years and not working. GM Lightybug said in my support ticket that you guys are aware of this problem, and by the looks of the forums its been reported many times.
You can recreate the problem by literally equipping the trident on any character at any time in any map.

Attached: in game equipment, preview, underwater shots in multiple maps — night and day time maps for example. A screenshot of when it was working properly showing the former green aura surrounding the entire trident at nighttime compared to its daytime counterpart. Additionally attached is a screenshot of a support ticket about this issues from this week.

Attachments:

ign: Gengar/Rx Drugs/Rx Blood
Ranger/Necromancer- Anvil Rock PvP

(edited by Unreal.4231)

Posted by: Immora.2489

Immora.2489

Item: Wolf Vest
Races: Norn (other races N/A)
Classes: Medium wearers
Equipment: All leggings (and no leggings) except the matching Wolf Leggings

Problem:
When a female norn wears the Wolf Vest, there is a floating rectangle of texture next to her left hip, with textures drawn from the lower body. This rectangle appears with all leggings (or no leggings) except for the matching Wolf Leggings.

Tested and found this bug appears in multiple viewing modes— in-game, equipment panel, equipment previews, character selection screen. It does not seem to matter what other items are equipped or where/when the Wolf Vest is worn. Due to the bug, I have not purchased the Wolf Leggings to check if the rectangle ever appears with the Wolf Leggings, but it does disappear in preview modes. I also don’t know if male norn have a similar bug.

Based on some searches, this bug appears to have existed for a few years now without being fixed. Unfortunately, I didn’t know about it when I bought the Wolf Vest :/

Attachments:

Posted by: NoobiiTo.5984

NoobiiTo.5984

Item: Koda’s Warmth Enrichment
Race: Charr
Sex: All
Profession: All
Armor Set: All

Problem:
Koda’s Warmth Enrichment is barely visible on charr, you have to stand in pitch black, ungeared (more visible auras are covering it) to be able to notice the aura emitting from the charr’s chest.

Attachments:

Posted by: liurencija.2684

liurencija.2684

Item: Dry Bones Hood
Race: Asura
Class: Reaper
Problem: Dry Bones Hood is merged with Dry Bones Mantle and hides players true shoulder armor.

Photos of a character with and without the head piece.

Attachments:

Posted by: OrSe TR.7268

OrSe TR.7268

Item: Dark Templar Helm
Race: Human
Class: Warrior (don’t have other heavy armor classes to check on)
Armor Set:

1. Dark Templar Helm
  2. Dark Templar Pauldrons
  3. Illustrious Breastplate
  4. Draconic Gauntlets
  5. Draconic Legs
  6. Illustrious Greaves

Problem: The Dark Templar Helm skin has an issue with it’s texture. I have applied the Icing dye to it and rest of my armor. Now when I go to an dark area, my armor gets darker as expected, but the helm stay lit as if the sun was shining right on it.

Attachments:

Posted by: Veiled Nova.7468

Veiled Nova.7468

Sylvari Female Engineer

Chest area (circled) is shaded differently with the Heritage Jerkin, other medium armors with that area of skin visible do not have this issue. The Heritage Jerkin was obtained from Kimmes the Historian located in the Hall of Monuments.

Noble Mask
Duty of Koda
Heritage Jerkin
Leather Gloves
Rascal Pants
Heritage Boots

Attachments:

Posted by: TolirN.3407

TolirN.3407

Shadows aren’t applying properly to my character’s body. Screenshots are of outside during the day, outside during night, and the dark room in Sharkmaw Caverns. It seems to be an issue with her entire body, as you can see her fingers and toes in the dark room, and I didn’t notice anything wrong with the character until I used a hair kit, so I assume it’s tied to the hairstyle.

The same problem is visible for me.

When I entered Sharkmaw Caverns, I was wondering, if the actual lighting of character models was done intentionally. My characters glow in the dark and it looks very unrealistic comparing to the rest of the objects. I think the difference between character model lighting and armor/terrain lighting is noticable everywhere.

I am using graphics at max. The attachments are below:

Attachments:

(edited by TolirN.3407)

Posted by: CrazyPikaChris.5731

CrazyPikaChris.5731

Hello everyone,

Since I haven’t seen any note or report of the issue I recently found with my friend, I guess it’s time to put it down here. First off, the most important information:

Sex: Male (Happens only to males)
Race: Sylvari (Happens only to this race)
Class: Necromant (Not necessary, since it bugs for all classes)

A screenshot couldn’t be taken in this particular situation, so I cut out a little bit of my last lifestream, put that on YouTube so the issues can be seen and better explained.

Take a look at this short video

Since it happens to any kind of armor regardless I’m wearing, I thought it’s not needed to specify that here. As in the video seen, almost the whole male emotion animation-set of the Sylvari’s is bugged – noteable only the arms, it was first experienced with the big PvP-Update and the new PvP-Waiting lobby. I also could ask several other male Sylvari-Players, who experienced the very same problem – and it only happens to male Sylvari’s, my friend Hikarifuxi.4761 tested her female characters, and they’re all fine.

Here’s a list with all emotes in shown order that are completely buggy:
/beckon
/bow
/cheer
/cry
/dance
/laugh
/point
/ponder
/sleep
/yes

I, or better, we hope this problem can be fixed soon, since it may look funny at times, but not very aesthetic in general.

Sincerly,
CrazyPikaChris.5731

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

the profane armor set still has a lighter dye color then any other armor like it, even abyss dye is light gray let alone the darker colors.

Posted by: Bolskia.8467

Bolskia.8467

Item: Archon Leggings (Charr Cultural T2 Light)
Class: Necromancer (but really just all light armor classes)

Problem: The female charr’s tail clips through the back of the armor. I’ve checked and the male charr doesn’t have this problem. Only the female charr. Seems to clip during all the animations, including emotes and such.

Attachments:

(edited by Bolskia.8467)

Posted by: SmirkDog.3160

SmirkDog.3160

I assume this is an armour problem, since I haven’t noticed it before recently.

On my human male herald, the Foefire Wraps freak out and stretch and squish the right wrist while doing the /talk emote.

Attachments:

Posted by: Albione.3894

Albione.3894

Item: Spearmarshal Outfit
Class: N/A

Description:

The new ‘Spearmarshal’ outfit from the “Path of Fire” expansion has a few clipping issues around the waistline and upper legs on males when either on a slight slope (worse when on severe inclines) and even while just standing idling on flat ground in places such as cutscenes. Here’s some examples, and sorry for the quality:

Attachments:

(edited by Albione.3894)

Posted by: Ventru.5302

Ventru.5302

Item: Facial hair
Class: Thief

Problem: I’ve used 2 Total Makeover Kits trying to apply new beard to my character but it didn’t work in both tries. Please fix this issue and if possible refund one of Total Makeover Kits when it’s fixed.
Screenshots attached – one what type of beard I tried to get and the other one what was the result.

Attachments:

Posted by: Ice.8694

Ice.8694

I’m not sure when it started but there are some vertices on the Fancy Winter outfit that are attached to the rig’s arms for the female Charr pulling when her arms move very noticeably.

Item: Fancy Winter Outfit
Profession: Guardian
Body type: Last in the character creator [Not sure of the number or name]

Attachments:

(edited by Ice.8694)

Posted by: vmtarsis.3798

vmtarsis.3798

Item: Ardent Glorious Raiment (and plain glorious raiment)
Class: Elementalist

There is a gross gap that appears on this armor set, the glorious, both it’s plain and upgraded version, that shows a gap on the waist.

Attachments:

Posted by: glutularphysics.7923

glutularphysics.7923

Just went back to run through HoT on an alt, and it looks like Scruffy’s model IDs might have been messed up by that last patch or something. Its showing up as its Flashpoint model rather than the HoT model, as pictured below. Wasn’t like that yesterday, so just a heads up.

Attachments:

pls call me meat

Posted by: Musik.8509

Musik.8509

I like that you decided to activate the shoulder parts of the asuran cultural t3 set for females, but since they are still bound to the breast plate. Could you include an option to turn them of via hiding the not-displayed shoulders or add another color channel for the shoulders? I mean, I can live with it, but to me it looked better before.
Attachments: Before and after patch pictures.

Attachments:

Posted by: Groom.8451

Groom.8451

Problem with Primeval Helm
Proffesion:Warrior
Race:Charr

Can anyone help me with this issue I have tried literally all possibilities and yet with no progress it just remains the same.The face I show on makeover is the the face I am using.Thanks Anet in advane!

Attachments:

NOAH VANGEL FTW!!!!!!!!

Posted by: ZheDoctor.4693

ZheDoctor.4693

Class: Mesmer

So there’s been an issue with the Perfected Envoy Vestments since late May in which the combat transformation doesn’t properly transition into the dormant state. I’ve included screenshots of it, where there is a section that just stretches the texture horribly before it vanishes. I’ve sent a bug report ticket about it in-game in the past and now I’m posting it here in hopes of having it fixed. Thank you.

Attachments:

(edited by ZheDoctor.4693)

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

Hello, hello!

I’d like to report one of the new female elonian faces added recently to the game. Reported the bug ingame, but I don’t know if I properly described which preset I had in mind.

It’s the second one on the 1st screenshot. The issue lays in texture mapping around the nose, especially the nostril, which seems to be out of place. All results in odd shading and light spots on the face. Same effect isn’t present on the other face which uses same mesh shape.

Thanks for your attention, and for those faces, been waiting a long time for them

Attachments:

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

Posted by: skoda.4619

skoda.4619

Clipping on most light leg armor on male sylvari.

Race: sylvari
Armor set: Most light leg armor
Class: any light class
Weapon: Staff

Bug I’ve found is that all leg armor that that has a front material, wrap around the left leg while wielding staff, which makes textures stretched and leg clips out of most leg armor as you can see in the pictures below….i’ve tested it on a few body types and the bug persist. Bug only exists on light armor characters while wielding staff tested it on other armor classes and it’s ok, i would guess due to he stance they use.

All i want to say is, if i we can’t get pants for light armor please at least make the skirts we have not clip.

I would at this point also like to report a bug that exists since the start of the game or at least know if it’s intended, male sylvari biggest body type has an issue where a lot of shoulder armor and gloves looks like they were stolen from a norn, i mean i can live with it but it makes me have a lot less armor choices. And no i don’t want to use other body types cause they’re too skinny in my opinion. This can be seen in the last 3 pictures of this post.

This is what the bug looks like:

(edited by skoda.4619)

Posted by: Taelnor.9865

Taelnor.9865

Race : Charr
Class : Thief

The “Houndskin Mantle” is clipping when using a Charr Male Thief with dual guns equipped.
When the dual guns are out and your charr stop running, the left shoulderpad just go crazy.
YouTube link :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOohAJFMKxA&feature=youtu.be

Attachments:

Posted by: Alveen.7239

Alveen.7239

Race : Asura
Class : Mesmer

Probably isn’t exclusive to female mes but the selfless potion halo is too small and placed too far forward above the head

Attachments:

Posted by: BaLzA.8902

BaLzA.8902

-Sylvari
-Male
-Necromancer (Reaper)
Item: Perfected Envoy Vestments
Bug: any greatsword will float on the back (currently equipped: Twilight)

see attached screenshots

Attachments:

Posted by: Kayvaan.9863

Kayvaan.9863

Profession: Engineer

Item: Medium Magitech Leggings (Gemstore Skin).

Clipping issues when Idle. (When moving, in combat, and with weapon drawn, there isn’t any clipping, just when standing still with weapon sheathed.

Attachments:

(edited by Kayvaan.9863)

Posted by: dragonkf.6718

dragonkf.6718

My hero panel displays like the picture attached and my armor when playing looks all black or sometimes patches of blue. Any help?

Attachments:

Posted by: VirgoT.1583

VirgoT.1583

Race: Human and Norn
Profession: Any

I’ve seen other posts about this but would just like to confirm it’s still bugged.

Dark skin characters sometimes show as pasty white in the portraits on the character select screen. Not sure if it happens with lighter skinned characters. See the highlighted portraits in the screenshot below.

Attachments:

Posted by: Aetatis.5418

Aetatis.5418

Items: Most Glider (e.g. Phoenix Glider)
Race: Human and Sylvari
Profession: Any

It’s been bugging me for a long while now. Almost every glider on my human and sylvari male characters, tend to “hang” to one side (if you have a look from the front, the glider hangs down to the left -> attachement).
the only glider not featuring this asymmetric behaviour, is the bubble glider (due to its round, wobbling shape it is not as noticeable i guess).

it’s been in the game since gliding got introduced and i was really wondering if i am the only person noticing it or if it gets a little tweak after some years.
it is also already visiblie in the preview.

Attachments:

Posted by: Gosz.8720

Gosz.8720

Class: Warrior

So from what I know not many other players have this bug (I asked them myself hustlin’ trough Black Citadel) but I’m sure some of them have it too.

It’s not a clipping problem or anything like that and I don’t really know how to explain it properly, I’ll try – my one-handed weapons get a down syndrome every time I take off my helmet wearing legion or mistward trousers. Maybe I just throw some screenshots, on them you can see what is going on with my weapons. It would be awesome if I could run normally again, thank you with advance for any help.

Attachments:

Posted by: Rastavaray.7231

Rastavaray.7231

Class: Ranger
Weapon: Chuka and Champawat

I was at PAX West this weekend and went to the GW2 party and talked to a Dev about this issue. I have Chuka and Champawat, and while I see people with other legendaries with footprints that trail far behind them, my footprints don’t last. I get about 3 behind me and they disappear. I’m afraid I don’t remember the dev’s name that I talked to, but he worked on the Jade construct raid. He suggested that I try the bow on a different character that was a different race. I tried it on my human male thief, but same thing.

I’d like to show off my paw prints

Attachments:

Posted by: Bohendal.5728

Bohendal.5728

Race: Any
Sex: Any
Class: Any

Problem: When wearing Perfected Envoy (Legendary) Chest Armor for at least Light and Medium weights, wielding a shield has it float a feet from your character’s forearm.

It is understandable (though should still be fixed in my opinion) that it would float a little in the back to avoid clipping as promised, but it currently also float besides your wrist with no possible source of clipping should it be properly attached.

Was tested practically as in exemple picture, as well as in the equipment preview with different characters for both the medium and the light armor pieces (no test on heavy armor were done).

Thank you.

Attachments:

Posted by: Thalies.7609

Thalies.7609

Profession: Thief

Description:
Hi) There is a minor bug with the animation of human’s “Marauder Helm” skin. It’s bottom are “clipped” to a body and due to this it looks unnatural especially when character moves his head. Ty)

P.S: Btw there is no bug with a human female version skin.

Attachments (the attach button doesn’t work so I used web hosting):
http://ipic.su/img/img7/fs/gw266.1505028266.jpg
http://ipic.su/img/img7/fs/gw273.1505028762.jpg

(edited by Thalies.7609)

Posted by: Zek.8374

Zek.8374

Gem store glasses on exclusive female charr faces almost penetrate their eyes
http://i.imgur.com/1k1FZdB.png
Items:
Inventor’s Sunglasses
Wide Rim Glasses
Aviator Sunglasses

Sport Sunglasses looks good enough and could maybe be used as a template
Best regards