Issues with getting in dungeon instances

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Tobias.8632

Tobias.8632

Since the latest patch, all my issues with this appear to have been resolved, haven’t had any bugs in getting into dungeons or dungeon groups.

Posted by: Rydell.2736

Rydell.2736

i can only do my first dungeon in peace each day.
after that same issue.
the notification disappears as soon as i click on it, nothing happens.

tried everything, relog character, relog client, map change, waypoint change. still nothing.
help plz

Tobias.8632

Problem’s back.

Have had some minor annoyances with not getting into dungeons immediately, but usually once I could get the pop up and hit enter it would work.

Just now, went into a MWF group, went into the area, got the pop up, clicked enter, nothing happened. Relogged, didn’t fix it. Closed and restarted the client, didn’t fix it. Left and was reinvited to the group, didn’t fix it. Walked over to and entered the dungeon manually, put me in a separate instance. Included is a screenshot of us in the separate dungeon instances, they’re all in “Molten Facility (Stormbluff Isle)” while I am presumably in “Molten Facility (Sea of Sorrows)”.

Starting to get really kitten off by these reoccurring issues, this is a severe game-braking bug that seems to be affecting most of the population.

Attachments:

Posted by: zombiewaffles.2093

zombiewaffles.2093

For the new living story dungeon for Frost and Flame (Molten testing facility), I can’t join the dungeon. I have tried it in the first three locations. I have tried with all numbers of player, by myself and with 2 different characters. I have tried everything on my end. I try joining. Im stuck in an infinite loading screen and then I get a pop up saying Guild Wars 2 has crashed. I could only run the dungeon twice on the very fist day it was out. Please, HELP ME!

Posted by: The Casual Critic.3192

The Casual Critic.3192

So, here’s my problem.
I’ve had this for a few days now and it’s kinda frustrating so I decided I’d ask about it: the dungeon is Citadel of Flame, and I tried to join the dungeon instance via the pop-in dialogue (not via the entrance point). Every time I tried to get in, everyone in my group but me could get into the dungeon.
Every time I would stand at Liberation Dell Waypoint, and I would wait to get the pop-in dialogue. Usually when entering CoF, I would have to either relog or rejoin the party before the pop-in prompt to enter the dungeon would appear. The same problem was occurring these past few days, except when I clicked “Join Explorable Mode” it would not let me in.
Please help, and I deeply appreciate any advice or support that can be given, thank you!

Posted by: Nayaru.4716

Nayaru.4716

For everyone having problems joining dungeons. If you get no prompt at all just re join the party. I haven’t seen relogging fix this any time.

If you get the prompt but nothing happens try guesting to ANY server. Doesn’t have to be the server of the person who started it, just the act of guesting seems to clear that. Changing maps works too but not every time.

Posted by: The Casual Critic.3192

The Casual Critic.3192

Thanks! Fixed my problem instantly, was so happy thanks soo much!

Tobias.8632

Had this problem both times I’ve tried to join the molten facility today.

I zone into disea plateu and get no prompt to join the instance. I relog and get the prompt, but when I click it, nothing happens. I walk up to the instance and enter it manually, and I get put in a different instance from the rest of my group. I walk back out and leave and rejoin the group, I get the prompt again, I click it, nothing happens. I walk up to the entrance again and click to enter and nothing happens. I walk back a bit then try to walk up to the entrance again and don’t even get the prompt to enter. I get the impression that the game is just trying and failing to connect me to their instance.

Afterward I tried to enter the facility solo, not in a group, and I couldn’t get in. Same issue where I would walk up to the entrance, click enter, and nothing would happen. This would persist until I relogged.

This happened with two separate groups, about 4 hours apart, with the instance hosted on different servers.

(edited by Tobias.8632)

Posted by: OscarKitteh.7198

OscarKitteh.7198

Two separate parties for CoF and no one could get in together. We could get in individually but then everyone would be in a different instance or we would get the pop-up, click on it and it would disappear. We tried disbanding/re-adding, rezoning, changing chars, relogging, etc. and we couldn’t get it to work.

Posted by: Psynocide.4965

Psynocide.4965

Over the past month or two this issue has been plaguing me and it seems to be related – if not directly connected – to the party UI malfunctions I.E; ceases updating party information such as numbers, locations and character.
Having put up with these hiccups for a while, the line was finally crossed today when I had to simply give up and leave not one, but two parties bound for Fractals.
I tried every trick in the book that I’ve learnt as work-arounds to no avail – logging out, re-invite, waypointing, manually entering – I might as well have stood on my head and counted to one thousand, ridiculous.

Mislabeled tool-tips, bad pathing and occasionally getting stuck in walls are all tolerable but when you’re actually restricted from accessing content, this is the line drawn.

That other Psy guy

Posted by: Moeh.7035

Moeh.7035

For everyone having problems joining dungeons. If you get no prompt at all just re join the party. I haven’t seen relogging fix this any time.

If you get the prompt but nothing happens try guesting to ANY server. Doesn’t have to be the server of the person who started it, just the act of guesting seems to clear that. Changing maps works too but not every time.

Works for me sometimes but sometimes the window still keeps disappearing after klicking “join”.
I had similar problems with groups and instances but since the last update it became even worse :/

Céldin | Asura Ranger | Rookie Crew [RC][Kodash-EU]

Posted by: Keiran.4902

Keiran.4902

Over the past month or two this issue has been plaguing me and it seems to be related – if not directly connected – to the party UI malfunctions I.E; ceases updating party information such as numbers, locations and character.
Having put up with these hiccups for a while, the line was finally crossed today when I had to simply give up and leave not one, but two parties bound for Fractals.
I tried every trick in the book that I’ve learnt as work-arounds to no avail – logging out, re-invite, waypointing, manually entering – I might as well have stood on my head and counted to one thousand, ridiculous.

Mislabeled tool-tips, bad pathing and occasionally getting stuck in walls are all tolerable but when you’re actually restricted from accessing content, this is the line drawn.

Man, I have been having the same issues. Been trying everything, but nothing helps. Seems it got worse with the last patch even: I am just unable to enter AC with any group! Tried relogging, rebooting, rejoining, zoning, everything, but we end up in 2 seperate instances.

Please fix this ANet!!

Posted by: Vamexu.7650

Vamexu.7650

Hi I’m not sure if Anet is aware, but I believe there is an issue with either the guesting system or dungeon instances. This began 2 days ago. I can enter the same instance with players from my server, but not other servers (North America Servers). This has affected everyone I have come in contact with. I have have encountered this problem on CoF, FoTm, and Molten Facility. The invite for entry into an instance pops-up but upon pressing enter, the pop-up disappears and I cannot enter the instance. Please fix this before the Molten Facility ends or extend the date it is active until because I want the JetPack!!!

Posted by: Rob Thody.1539

Previous

Rob Thody.1539

Live Response Coordinator

We are going to unsticky this thread due to the frequency of these posts. Many of these issues are so different that it would greatly benefit us if they could be individual specific threads instead of one giant sticky post.

Thank you.

Posted by: Psynocide.4965

Psynocide.4965

Over the past month or two this issue has been plaguing me…

“2 months ago”.

This inconceivably irritating, bug-riddled dungeon/party system still persists.

Before you churn out yet more content, it would be most appreciated if you would prioritize on fixing the content that already exists.

That other Psy guy

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

When I teamed up with players for Evon Gnashblade’s candidate trials, where you try to survive the waves of aetherblades, half the party was invisible again on the top left side of the screen. This is the same issue that a lot of people have been reporting for dungeons. We were all present in the instance fortunately, and could see each other, and each others chat. But the team window wasn’t updated correctly.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Piriel.5197

Piriel.5197

You people with the pretty red tags realize that dungeon entry is still bugged to hell right? To the point where you can actually get a character unable to enter a dungeon this time.

Group with some people from another server (same region) getting pop-up that does absolutely nothing, walk to dungeon entrance, try to enter – separate instance. Guest on their server, regroup/have everyone leave dungeon and regroup/restart client – nothing. End result: A character that’s unable to enter that dungeon anymore. And I mean unable to enter AT ALL. Group or no group, portal’s completely dead.

Yes it would be nice if you’d fix some of the bugs that get introduced with every update and maybe hire some qualified QA. I’m seeing more bugs being introduced than actual content.

Thanks!

Posted by: NobodysHero.5839

NobodysHero.5839

Yeah this last patch did something to break joining in dungeons. Sometime (but very rarely) it works. Needs to be fixed ASAP becuz your slowing down my “Dungeon Master” title……

Posted by: Rahzlan.9820

Rahzlan.9820

This issues starting came out after new patch of Cuttrhoat Politics,

1. Which dungeon:
Arah, Hotw
2. If you are joining through the pop-up dialogue or by walking up to the entry point
joining through pop-out dialogue and walking up to the entry point
3. How many people in the party tried creating the instance
full party
4. Any other details you can provide
Tried to relog-in, rejoin party, full party regroup, change char, none working any of it.
Really hope fix this issues asap

Posted by: Rahzlan.9820

Rahzlan.9820

Is there anyone else like me? before this patch, sometimes happened but relog or rejoin party still can enter dungeon. but now tried all the way it just unable to get in the dungeon, not only one character, it was all!!
This is really serious very bad bug to me, ruling my fun of this game.

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

It is absolutely impossible for my party to get into CoE right now. We’ve been trying for a while, leaving and rejoining party, reloging, guesting on diferent servers, but it just doesn’t work. As soon as you click on join popup, it will disappear but it won’t get you in.
Not to mention the several party UI bugs that have been around for….pretty much since launch.

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

It seems it is true. European accounts playing in American servers are treated like coming from another region and can’t join multiple story missions plus dungeons or fractals.
Please fix this asap

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Ah, that would also explain the issue I had last night with an Ascalon Catacombs party. We were all playing on the same server, but no one in our party was able to open an explorable instance of the dungeon. It only showed story mode. Once two party members had left the party, explorable became available.

And mind you, all of the party members had access to the AC explorable, since we had just finished one of the AC paths with the very same party. But upon leaving AC, we could not enter it again… only story mode.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Yue.5974

Yue.5974

Which dungeon:
Fractals of the Mist, Candidate trials

If you are joining through the pop-up dialogue or by walking up to the entry point:
If i get a pop up I click it but do not get ported in, if i start an instance party members will get their own. When i go through the portal when someone else created the instance I still get moved to my own.

How many people in the party tried creating the instance
1 or 2 people on multiple occasions.

Any other details you can provide:
I have tried restarting the client, switching characters, switching maps, switching servers and rejoining the parties.
I am a European player on US servers.
Party windows are bugged for me, they do not update with new players or locations. I don’t see my party members icon or blue dot, I don’t even see them in the game unless they stand pretty much on top of me.
I cannot represent guilds, but i was able to stand down.
when i am in a party in a fractal the game lets me re spawn when they are still fighting, vice versa if i am the only one alive and fighting they can also just re spawn.

I will edit this if more comes to mind.

[edit] Just noticed that I was able to represent a guild from Malchor’s Leap, but not while in Lions Arch.

Character Name: Yue, Rynorr Soulshielder, Rose Yuenü and 28 others xD
Guild: The Eternal Blades Of The North[EBoN]
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks

(edited by Yue.5974)

Posted by: Lilianne.5839

Lilianne.5839

I have exactly the same isues as Yue.5974

only i have it at joining evry instance dung frac storymission wvw map completion, in other words i have it in evry section of the game

Posted by: barryk.5817

barryk.5817

I have this really annoying problem as well.. I cannot join ANY dungeon or instance no matter if i relog, rejoin party, switch characters, change maps, guest on other servers.. I sometimes get the prompt to join party in exp mode, but disappears when i click join. This really bugs me because i do a LOT of dungeons with my guild and now i have nothing to do but roam around by myself which is boring as hell.. I have just redownloaded the whole game overnight, hopefully it fixed the corrupt files there were or whatever.. I will post again if it worked or didnt work.

Posted by: melissa.3694

melissa.3694

Hi,

I’m having problems with entering the Honor of Waves dungeon.
I wanted to do the storymode, but it’s not letting me inside the dungeon!
We tried everything, switching party leaders, relogging, going in the dungeon one by one.
I does not like me!!!

and when I do get in, then I’m separated from the rest?
please help >.<

barryk.5817

Well re-downloading the game and reinstalling Windows does NOT help.. It’s a problem with my account on the server..

Posted by: Elessar Iso.9675

Elessar Iso.9675

Hi,

Fist of all, I apologize that my English is not good, but I hope you will understand.

I have problem with my friends to join Dungeons, personal stories or another instances with a group.

1) Dungeons gives prompt, but when we try to join to same dungeon instance and press the button, nothing happens. Those players who are living in NA region and play in NA server can join in a dungeon, but those players who are living in EU, but play in NA server can not join in a dungeon. And these players who are living in EU but play in NA server can not join even together in Dungeons, any of them.

2) Personal stories, most of the personal stories instances are not working when you are playing with a party. Game does not give any prompt to join a personal story even players are standing same spot in same map and doing same personal story. Game just send you alone to the personal story instance. This happes mostly in major cities like Lions Arch, Divinity’s Reach and so on, but it happens time to time in another part of the maps too, like Vigil’s keep and some places in Orr (for example “Quaestor’s Siege”, Vigil’s Keep part and “Forewarned is Forearmed”, Vigil’s Keep part. Another example “Estate of Decay” when you go to kill the Mouth of Zhaitan) . This problem is also only with those players who are living in EU and playing in NA server.

3) Another instances are working like personal stories or dungeons.

So, what I have seen and hear all of us who have these problems are from EU but we are playing in NA server, like me and my friends NA server Fort Aspenwood. And these problems are getting worse and worse every day. At first it was like one dungeon where we couldn’t join (Ascalonian Catacombs), now they are all of them. First it was like one personal story where we couldn’t join with a party now there is all those personal stories what are in major cities and few another areas too.

I would like to play with my friends, doing all personal stories with a party and playing dungeons and another instances with them. Now we are like handicapped by game. This game has been become like single player MMO and it restrict so many areas where players from EU can not go anymore in NA servers.

Please, could someone start to check this out, why this is happening. It really start to ruin enjoyment of this game.

It is nice to be important but more important to be nice.

Posted by: Klaatu.6517

Klaatu.6517

Hi
I encounter the same issue as Elessar Iso (point #2) : still unable join a friend (both of us are in the same guild) for playing his personnal story, or mine.
And, of course, we are EU players on NA server (Kaineng).
Please Anet, fix this issue

barryk.5817

Hi guys, i have just joined my guild in dungeons for the first time in 4 days.. Here is what i tried:
1. Make one of your other party members (ones that dont have this problem) start the party
2. make them invite you to the party LAST after everyone else
3. make the leader enter the dungeon.

I have entered instances and dungeons this way today. It doesnt work if i started the party, or if i start the dungeon.

I dont know if this was a fluke or something, but just try this way and see if it works..

Posted by: Koalachan.3451

Koalachan.3451

Same issue as Elessar Iso. As of yesterday I can’t get into CoE at all anymore. I m EU playing on NA server as well. Popup does nothing, walking into the portal gives me Story instead.

EDIT: I tried one more party, seem problem but guesting did the trick this time. So I’m clearly not permanently locked out.

(edited by Koalachan.3451)

Posted by: Eveliina.8619

Eveliina.8619

Hi,

I have same issue as Elessar Iso.
I am EU and playing NA server Fort Aspenwood.

Even some of the players can get inside of dungeons/instances with those who does not have these problems (they are players who are living in NA and playing NA server) it is not solution to this issue. Everybody should able to start dungeon instance/ personal story instance/ another instance without problem no matter where they are physically living.

Please Anet, fix this issue.

Do even anybody from Anet even read this post? No one have answered to this post since 2 months ago.

Please Anet, give us a sign that someone is living in there and have not forgot us. We have serious problems with this game.

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

Couldnt get into hotw today. Had a full party and everyone was able to get in except me. The party UI bugged wen getting the last 2 party members and was only showing 3. Then i left party and rejoined and it showed the other members. They all entered the dungeon and popup came up for me but when i clicked it i wasn’t brought inside, i just stayed in frostgorge. I went up to the instance and entered myself and i was brought inside in my own instance instead of with my party. Tried relogging again, Leaving and rejoining party. But it didnt work so i ended up leaving =/

Posted by: Lilianne.5839

Lilianne.5839

I just had a Chat with a GM from ANET about this issue were all haveing this is what he told me:

We are aware that some players have issues similar to yours, and we are implementing some changes to the game client tomorrow night (Thursday, August 1st) which we expect to fix this issue. If after the update you still have the same problem, please let us know so we can look into this further.

So Fingers Crossed….

Lilianne

Posted by: Bloof.3906

Bloof.3906

I just got this issue as well when I was trying to join my group in TA. Hopefully the patch Lilianne describes coming out tonight will fix it but it’s pretty annoying until then. This bug came out of nowhere, I’ve been TA spamming for about an hour and then poof, no more dungeons.

Posted by: DNDS.6182

DNDS.6182

Just created a topic about this regarding CoF the issues im getting are like most here where your in a party of 5 someone enters exp mode you get the invite but no port, then left trying several techniques such as jumping in and out of maps, logging in and out of gw as well as guesting etc….its been happening to me and most others iv partied with for so long most consider it the new norm. Please fix it guys its really frustrating when your working on your legendary and u cant enter the dungeon for some gold making

Posted by: AZNreaper.5376

AZNreaper.5376

I cant do either story mode or explorable mode for ascolonian catacombs
game crashes if i try to enter the dungeon
going into the instances with 5 people

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Trying to do Arah Story Mode and when we try to end we get a Login Server Error…

Really want to complete this but we’ve tried to relog, reform, change characters etc. Nothing seems to work.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Today, Twilight Arbor. Everyone else was in the dungeon when I zoned into that map. When I tried to enter the dungeon I got a message that the map I’m trying to enter is full and telling me to ask my party members to join me on my map. Tried zoning to another map and back and entering again. Didn’t work. The rest of the party had to leave the dungeon and then I was able to enter it.