Issues with getting in dungeon instances

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: santacruz.5024

santacruz.5024

Borlis Pass
Fractals
Game crashes to desktop during load screen 100% of the time. Have tried turning off AA, etc. to no avail – not able to enter the instance at all. Other members of the party were able to join with no trouble.

Posted by: MetalEagle.8709

MetalEagle.8709

Gunnar’s Hold
Fractals
Game crash at loading screen and during dungeon constant.

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

I did fractals 4 times over the weekend. Twice the entire party got booted at the same time. Once the game locked up for me and I couldn’t rejoin, and the other time two people got DC’d before the rest of the group gave up.

Posted by: Nate.5109

Nate.5109

Server: Northern Shiverpeaks
Dungeon: Arah

Issue: Meta event stuck and not progressing to allow access… again. Please for the love of god remove the dynamic event from this. It flat out blocks personal story progress.

Posted by: Lukian.3826

Lukian.3826

got 2 month break and i see still same issue without solve.. sad

Posted by: Downer X.6259

Downer X.6259

Server : Far Shiverpeaks
Dungeon : Arah

Meta event locked up for 3/4 days straight now, this really takes of the ability to do the desired content . And this bug happens like multiple times a month. Please fix this.

Posted by: Ritual.6710

Ritual.6710

Server : Gandara

As above, event chain to open the gates is bugged. We had some people inside the gates, but when they leave the instance they now get ported outside the gates instead of inside.

Posted by: Hgeighty.4816

Hgeighty.4816

Server : Whiteside Ridge
As above, event chain to open the gates is bugged. We had some people inside the gates, but when they leave the instance they now get ported outside the gates instead of inside.

[EU]Whiteside Ridge

Posted by: Simi.9342

Simi.9342

Server: Ring Of Fire
Duneon: Fractal OF The Mist

I constantly get gw2.exe error crash every time I get the map which starts like a jumping puzzle and has harpy monsters also. When I try jump up the platform to the top after the first harpy it kicks me out and comes up with gw2.exe error saying I have experienced a serious error.

Posted by: fijea.3072

fijea.3072

Server: Sea of Sorrow
Dungeon: Fractal of the Mists
Couldn’t rejoin after disconnected, no error code etc.
I think this is a known issue, just to make sure.

Posted by: Redbeers.3957

Redbeers.3957

Server: Ehmry
Dungeon: Citadel of Flame

Only Story mode is available despite doing it numerous time. Everytime the event is completed we only get story mode. Quite frustrating.

Posted by: Irvine.5193

Irvine.5193

Server: Darkhaven
Dungeon: Honor of Waves

Unable to join with the rest of my team. Upon multiple tries, we started getting even more separated. Ubuntu system, not sure if that matters, but I’d played flawlessly up until now.

Posted by: Blinkdink.9036

Blinkdink.9036

Server: Aurora Glade
Fractals! Seriously! How long are we going to have to ask for a mechanic that enables a character to rejoin a fractal after being disconnected! It is SUPER, UBER FRUSTRATING to sit in fractals for hours on end just to get booted (for whatever technical reason: be it server-side, internet problems, or whatever) and then not being able to continue with your group…

How long before this rather simple issue gets fixed? When do we get some feedback on the many, many posts I see on here about this very issue?

(edited by Blinkdink.9036)

Posted by: Raknar.5306

Raknar.5306

Server: Dragonbrand

4th try at fractals level 10. I have been kicked out everytime. I have made to the end boss of the last fractal twice and been booted out. This goes beyond frustrating, why shoulkittenep trying? Just so I can stand in LA and spam for an hour again becaues there is no group finder. Then when I finally get a group I get glitched out to LA again. How this content made it out with this major issue is beyond me.

Posted by: Tempest.1069

Tempest.1069

Dungeon: Ascalonian Catacombs
Server: Darkhaven
Bugs:
1. sometimes when u cleared the 1st path, u dont get rewards
2. sometimes detha on path 2 bugged, wont move at setting 3 traps part
3. on burrows, sometimes we got sucked in to the ground and cant move

pls fix it its REALLY annoying

Posted by: Morvin.7419

Morvin.7419

Server: Piken Square
Dungeon: Fractal of the Mists

on the same map (asura fractal) my client broke three times, I could not pass this map. It was a week ago, I sent reports, but was a today.

And then you can not join the party.

I’m not sure how a map that was attached a screenshot from it.

Fix it please!

Attachments:

Posted by: kwalle.3674

kwalle.3674

Server: gunnars hold

Problem joining in Honor of The Waves

The last person to be invited to the party was always landing in another instance than the other 4. logging out and in again didn’t help. If we made the party again, it was still the last one to accept the party invite who was in the different instance, unrelated to the order in which we went in the dungeon ( tried going 1 by 1 in different orders)

Thx

Sword of Justice [SoJ]
Gunners Hold

Posted by: Moon.7310

Moon.7310

Server: Gandara
Dungeon: Arah (the gates)

The gate is closed no pre event, you guys fix the problem gate bugs out again rinse repeat when will a permanent fix come into play?

Same problem on Server Drakkar Lake. It is getting annoying, we are waiting weeks now to finish personal story.

Posted by: Cirroq.2531

Cirroq.2531

Server: Emhry Bay and everywhere else
Dungeon: Fractals

DC’ing a fractal blocks progression. This has been a known issue since the first day of Lost Shores but no action has been taken. Is this really so hard to fix? Even explaining why this mechanic exists would make it somewhat less frustrating.

Posted by: Zombie.2310

Zombie.2310

Server: Abaddon’s mouth
Dungeon: Arah

After waiting for days for the events to spawn properly, we managed to get in. After the second boss the entire party was kicked out of Arah. The first thing I saw was a giant Lich-looking guy poking me with a greatsword. That’s when we realized, we were kicked out of Arah because the event outside started. The waypoint was NOT marked as contested. We were able to port to it when we died during the event. We had to complete the event before we were able to go back in and we had to do the ENTIRE dungeon. The progress we made was lost. I just hope it was a bug and not a planned thing to happen, as it was frustrating.

Posted by: Riela.1092

Riela.1092

Server: Gandara
Dungeon: Arah (the gates)

The gate is closed no pre event, you guys fix the problem gate bugs out again rinse repeat when will a permanent fix come into play?

Same problem on Server Drakkar Lake. It is getting annoying, we are waiting weeks now to finish personal story.

Same problem on Server Whiteside Ridge. Seriously how long does it take to fix such a major bug?

Posted by: Bobby Fizz.5706

Bobby Fizz.5706

Server: Gunnar’s Hold
Dungeon: Arah gate

The event has been bugged for days now, waypoint remains contested.

Posted by: Deepstroke.4269

Deepstroke.4269

Server: ALL!
Dungeon: FotM

I’ve had it with not being able to re-enter FotM if you disconnect. First we lose one on the 2nd. We pull through only to lose another on the 3rd. We beat that and try to 3 man the last boss. We’re doing good, then I dc.

All those bug fixes and this still isn’t addressed? What are you guys doing in that office? Your game is broken, you released an unfinished game. How do you cash your paycheck knowing this, and thousands of other bugs, still exist this far into the game?

Sadly this post doesn’t matter and won’t be read by anyone that can do anything to fix this MAJOR issue, but I had to vent.

Edit: Reading up through the posts I see a ton of them dealing with this same issue. Can we please, for the love of all that is holy, get some sort of official word on this? It’s a mess.

(edited by Deepstroke.4269)

Posted by: quickthorn.4918

quickthorn.4918

Server: Yak’s Bend
Dungeons: Crucible of Eternity and FotM

Twice this week I’ve been in a group where one person had their game freeze up and was unable to re-enter a dungeon at a late stage. First it was with my husband running CoE on the submarine path. Unfortunately it was on the last boss and we’d already spent ages in the dungeon since we did the run just before the Bjarl patch. He tried and tried but couldn’t get back in. I actually wonder if this is intentional since I know there have been complaints of people getting kicked and swapped out before the last boss, but if that’s true, you need to make the game recognise that someone has been in that group right from the start of the dungeon and allow them back.

The second time was last night doing FotM. This time it was on the 2nd level before the final boss and the bonus level when a party member’s game froze and they couldn’t come back in. We finished both in a group of four but the other person could not rejoin us so is a level behind us.

The combination of the bugs and the gating is going to put people off doing FotM. Obviously the bugs need the highest priority but the level gating needs an urgent rethink too.

(edited by quickthorn.4918)

Posted by: Simi.9342

Simi.9342

FOTM is becoming a complete joke as is the fact that you fix the bugs such as breaking seals yet you leave the major problems what are making people not progress such as the harpy map…….

Posted by: Zymosis.9283

Zymosis.9283

Fix the FotM please.

I got disconnected from the game and wasn’t able to enter it again. This is about 4-5th time it happened. I’m really interested if Anet is aware of this problem at all, since this is a major bug and many previous posts have had the same problem.

Posted by: ESKan.6782

ESKan.6782

One of my guildmates required assistance in AC about halfway because some people left. I didn’t get the join prompt and entering the dungeon put me in a different instance than the other members. Even after kicking and reentering and all that I wasn’t able to join them.

We concluded it happened because the instance owner was not in the party anymore, but it was annoying.

[PD] – Far Shiverpeaks.
Nameless Inversion/Ascension/Evasion/Ruination/Impression/Perdition/Compassion/Tactician
Guild Wars 2 will be an amazing game when it’s finished. Compare Prophecies to EotN!

Posted by: datbabykilla.4307

datbabykilla.4307

My topic got closed so I guess it goes here, even though we had no problem getting in.

Server: overflow
Dungeon: Fractals of the Mist/Cata Sum

We defeated the ravaging asura and got the chest. But there wasn’t a cutscene, and it didn’t take us to the next fractal. Anyone ever encountered this bug? This was also the third fractal and we had to 4-man it on level 20. Not sure why I keep coming back to Fractals when terrible stuff like this can happen.

Posted by: Redrenna.7216

Redrenna.7216

Server:Ring of fire/overflow
Dungeon Fractals of the mist

Been doing fractals whit same group of people a couple of weeks and have noticed some annyoing things:
-Enter the instance often kicks people out of the game.
-If you do get disconnected(or have to reaload the game for some reason)in the middle of the dungeon,its impossible for you to get back to the rest of the group.

have sent an ingame report about this aswell.

Posted by: frederion.5082

frederion.5082

the same problem, I suffered Dungeon fracat disconnection and unable to return it.
We were in the fractal with “jumping puzzle” or there was a graphical bug ground up the stairs, I was disconnected in the hall of champions.

Posted by: Peeka.7961

Peeka.7961

This is an old bug can we get a confirmation on whether or not the Fractals rejoin bug is getting fixed or not, its been an issue since fractals was first implemented.

If we could get a Sticky thread so that players can get regular updates on when this will be fixed if ever it does then it would be helpful. The whole party is penalized by this bug not just the person who got disconnected.

Posted by: Biohazard.4196

Biohazard.4196

Gate of Madness Server
Arah Story Mode.

I only get the option for Explorable Mode. I’ve done Story Mode once before, but now I need to do it to complete my personal story. However, as stated before, I have no option to enter Story Mode, only Explorable.

Posted by: Macilious.2310

Macilious.2310

i’m having a weird issue here with AC , i was in a party and i entered with one of the characters but weirdly it started the story mode cause i dun think i’ve done it before so , anyways .. i had to go out again and wait for my friends one of em to get in for explorer mode , i tried to get in and a pop-up message came out saying network error .. even tho i’m playing normally with no connection problems at all , but only i get this message when i try to join AC .. so anything about this weird thing ?

Posted by: Anat.1765

Anat.1765

Just formed a group with gw2lfg and tried to do TA explorable like many times before. Like malicious2310, I kept getting “Network Error.” Connection was fine, I dropped group and rejoined, same error. Relogged, same error. Completely exited game, retried, same error. Group gave up. No idea what’s going on.

Posted by: Stellis.9610

Stellis.9610

I am also getting the “Network Error” message when trying to enter a dungeon even though the connection is fine. I can talk to group members. The dungeon was Sorrow’s Embrace. May be occurring after a password reset .

Posted by: littleEP.1692

littleEP.1692

Network Error here too (error code 1006), in Fractals, preventing cross-continent playing. We’re on a European server and we wanted to play with people from American servers. When one of us got in first, only the European players from the party could join in, the others got the error. And we got the error when the American ones went in first. We had to give up in the end. :/

Posted by: Gotha.3879

Gotha.3879

Similar experience to littleEP – joined a group to do Sorrow’s Embrace but forgot to check the group was in the same region as I am (EU) – it was an NA group and although I could group with them fine I got a network error when trying to join the dungeon.
This was a mistake on my part, as I’d read you couldn’t run dungeons cross-region – but if this is the case why let you group up? Or at least give a better reason than a network error.

Posted by: Warlen.1509

Warlen.1509

Just had this happen on CMstory.

I was the only one of 5 getting the error at first. I left group, relogged, then I could get in but no one else. The others relogged and could get in but we were then in different Instances of the Dungeon. I left and bid them goodluck since the other 4 could get in without me.

Posted by: Samandiriel.2164

Samandiriel.2164

Joined a group today after the 2nd patch that had gotten to the first boss. When the option to join them in explore mode popped up, instead of transporting me inside the dungeon, I receive an error: “The game client cannot gain access to the login server at this time” Is this a bug, or can I not join people after a certain point…?

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

In CM :

With a pug with 3 players on server A, 1 one B and another one C.
B makes the explorable instance. C manages to join the instance.
We get the window, we click the button but nothing happens. So we decide to move to the portal. One of us “accidentally” creates another explorable instance which we enter.

The 3 of us leave that instance we kick and re-invite the second instance owner. As he’s kicked we get a invitation window but nothing happens when we click join. We do the same for the first instance owner and the same thing happens.

Finally, the person on server A creates an instance once again and this time all of us manages to get in except the person on server C. After numerous tries, C leaves the party and we invite another person, this time without any problems.

Something similar happened in CoF but in the end we managed to get everyone in.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Sorry to bump this, but it’s gotten worse since the last update : it happens every time we try to do a dungeon. Be it with guildies or PuGs, from the same server or different servers, it happens almost every time.

-The “join” message doesn’t pop up
-When it pops up nothing happens when you click
-Trying to join the instance by walking through the door creates another instance

And when you have this bugs plus the party bug when your party log doesn’t update (so you don’t realize when someone new joins or leaves), it makes it quite complicated to do dungeons…basically it takes us more time to get everyone in the instance than to do the dungeon.

Posted by: CrackInTheBox.4307

CrackInTheBox.4307

Apparently, this has been a problem for 6 months. I’m wondering if they don’t really care…

Please please fix it. I used to do a work-around by guesting the server that the instance was created in. Did it today, but then that failed too… I mean, come on. The dungeon is hard enough on it’s own.

Posted by: Eben Stormrage.7831

Eben Stormrage.7831

when did dwayna arah path 4 wil be fixed finally ???

Posted by: Brian.3802

Brian.3802

Ran SE handfuls of times, and oddly enough at the same point in the bridge, a small distance from nokk, I disconnect, and after disconnecting, when i try to re run the program, I click the “play” button and the game starts to load then doesn’t respond. This goes on for about 15-20 mins before I can actually log in again. Not sure why but it only happens about 40% of the time (ran close to 30 times). Myself along with a few guild mates have this issue.

Posted by: Advent Leader.1083

Advent Leader.1083

Server: Piken Square

Issue: Connecting with other player’s instances in Far Shiverpeaks/Aurora Glade requires a client restart. Starting instances makes other players not able to connect to same instance, instead gets connected to another seperate instance.

Posted by: Lsakurifaisu.4623

Lsakurifaisu.4623

Tried CM story mode, we did multiple relogs and repartys and still didn’t work. Let different people set up instance and still couldn’t get whole party in. Tried from pop up most of the time.

Posted by: Tobias.8632

Tobias.8632

I’m having this problem EVERY SINGLE TIME I try to join a group in a dungeon.

Tried it in two instances, Fractals of the Mists, and Citadel of Flame.

Normally, when I get invited to or join a dungeon group, I get no pop up when they go inside, or if I do get a pop up, when I click to join party in the dungeon instance, nothing happens. Usually I have to do a full exit and relaunch of the game in order to fix this and make the pop up dialogue work. Sometimes leaving and getting re-invited to the group works as well.

With the fractals instance, I always go over to the portal and try to enter manually before relogging, and it always tries to put me into a different instance. Example, the party will be in a level 16 fractal, I get no pop up or the pop up doesn’t work, I walk over to the portal and it asks me if I want to enter the dungeon at my reward level, which is lower then that. I’ve tested this and actually gone into the dungeon anyway, and it does indeed put me into a new fractals dungeon totally separate to the one the rest of the group is in.

Just had one where I could not get in at all, tries relogging and getting reinvited about 5 times, the group exited and re-started the dungeon and I tried relogging and getting re-invited again and nothing we did managed to work.

This is a horrific bug that I would be surprised to see in a beta client, let alone a game 8 months into release, you guys really need to get on this.

Posted by: Brosinho.5819

Brosinho.5819

Got the same issue from today…
Pop-up widow click doesnt work and entering instance via ‘portal’ just starting the new instance of my own….
It’s absolutely unacceptable…
Another bug is connected with this one (has appeared simultaniously) – I could not represent any guild other than that i’m currently in.. even if I’m in that guild I couldnt use guild bank access cause banker does not see me as a guild member….

(edited by Brosinho.5819)

Posted by: Svavelgreta.2687

Svavelgreta.2687

I can´t enter any fractal, or dungeon.pop-up window or manuelly. Only if guest to server who the first person entered the dungeon. Now i cant guest anymore since its 24hour window. When i do enter a group, party members can´t see my class or lvl and they see me offline. Tested to form party on my server, same thing. Restarted client, reloged nothing helps

Posted by: Rydell.2736

Rydell.2736

so been like this for more than a month for me.

I join a party for a dungeon, they activate, i get notification, click enter

& notification simply disappers without me being ported.
tried everything, relog character, relog client, map change, waypoint change. still nothing.

help plz