Lunatic Inquisition Regular broken (2013 bug)

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Same bug as last year:

The “Lunatic Inquisition regular” won’t increment for a player who wins as a villager. In order for a match to count towards the “Matches played” achievement, you have to get at least one kill as a ghost.

2013 bug reports:

Me nem nesa.

Attachments:

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I remembered this morning that last year, I changed my strategy to immediately suiciding into the first ghost in order to maximize my chances to advance the achievement. That’s probably not the point of the mini-game.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I got a single activity chest from it, and then only 3 personalized bags.

But I got achievement points as both villages and courtiers, but only if I played from the start of the game. Just joined won’t count.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I played all games last night back to back, so that couldn’t have been the reason for half of mine not counting up.

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I’m in there right now, and the last survivor of the last match just complained that he didn’t get achievement credit. He was turned into a ghost, but only just before the end of the match.

The next game I was turned into a ghost but made sure I didn’t get any kill. Had 55 points in the end from early surviving/narrow escapes. No kill = no achievement credit.

(edited by Pixelpumpkin.4608)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Posted this in another thread. I’m not sure if you saw it and responded yet.

You don’t need to make any kills in order to gain credit for participation. You must however use a means to interact with the enemy side to gain the Chest or Splendid Chest. The total points are not relevant to any acquired Chests or Trick-or-Treat Bags.

Posted by: santos.6783

santos.6783

There is also a bug where some player use their own class skills, so they dont change in villiagers or Lunatic. plz fix this bug

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Posted this in another thread. I’m not sure if you saw it and responded yet.

You don’t need to make any kills in order to gain credit for participation. You must however use a means to interact with the enemy side to gain the Chest or Splendid Chest. The total points are not relevant to any acquired Chests or Trick-or-Treat Bags.

What does that mean for a villager that successfully hides and “wins” the game? The point of being a villager seems to be to avoid interacting with the enemy as much as possible.

Also, “narrow escape” / dodging ghost attacks doesn’t count as interaction with the enemy then.

All this being said, the achievement text says “x matches played” – not “interacted with enemy in x matches”.

So if the game encourages players to NOT interact with ghosts and then punishes them for it without explaining why, I’ll continue to assume that it is a bug… :/

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Interesting… Thanks for the information, Pixel. That would explain why my Regular count was one off last night. Hopefully this bug gets fixed, but in the meantime, to progress the achievement (farming up 50 AP from completing the Activity achievement 10 times), I’ll just suicide ASAP.

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Yeah, like I said, the memory only came back the next day, but that’s what we did last year.

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Reposting from the other thread

Can people post the statistics portion of the results (or black out player names) for rounds where they don’t get credit?

Also include other info such as how much time was left when you entered the round/map. Were you the last villager to die? You know, questions like that.

Maybe we can then figure out what the consistency is and aee if Anet can get it fixed.

It has already largely been figured out.

This much I know:

You qualify for achievement progression if you have “interacted with the enemy”.

You do NOT qualify for achievement progression if you haven’t interacted with the enemy.

Counts for achievement progression:

• Ghost kills villager (“one of us”)

Does not count for achievement progression:

• Villager scores points for “surviving”
  • Villager scores points for “narrow escape”
  • Villager damages (but does not kill) ghost with the hammer
  • Last villager wins the game
  • “Hide in the shadows”
  • Ghost damages (but does not kill) villager

Irrelevant:

• Whether you played the game from the beginning or joined late

Don’t know if relevant: (haven’t gotten around to testing it yet, feel free to do so yourself)

• Villager kills ghost with hammer/rifle/chainsaw (I assume it counts)
  • Ghost successfully performs “Mad King Says”
  • Villager uses item on ghost (torch, spiderweb, goo)
  • Any other “interactions” I can’t think of right now