Major bug with Bouncing skills' mechanic

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

See that’s cool if you are out of range and ur clones receive the bounce… What does suck is if you are in the range and your clones get priority over you just because they are a few units closer to the target… There is a big difference there you know?

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Something positive: I never fooled around with it that much before.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

(edited by Iruwen.3164)

Posted by: LiuliRenai.3928

LiuliRenai.3928

Something positive: I never fooled around with it that much before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNFQI5DQUeQ&hd=1

You have a point. Maybe ANet wanted Mesmers to have a weapon against Malaria.

Liuli – Mesmer – Piken Square

Posted by: LegitMudkip.2173

LegitMudkip.2173

Any word from Anet on this as of now?

Commander Abisinka :: Bag Force [SF] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

jportell.2197

Are you surprised?

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

Are you surprised?

not one bit.

They will wait a month or so, and give generic or absurd response (like with iZerker). Many will be so happy just to see a “red post”, that they’ll respond with a wave of thanks/praise simply for the acknowledgement, A month(s) will pass until another game-breaking bug is introduced…..and we’ll have moved on.

None will get fixed.
I hate being so pessimistic when it comes to bug-fixing (because i enjoy so much about the game), but Anets track record so far makes it hard to feel otherwise.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

jportell.2197

Are you surprised?

not one bit.

They will wait a month or so, and give generic or absurd response (like with iZerker). Many will be so happy just to see a “red post”, that they’ll respond with a wave of thanks/praise simply for the acknowledgement, A month(s) will pass until another game-breaking bug is introduced…..and we’ll have moved on.

None will get fixed.
I hate being so pessimistic when it comes to bug-fixing (because i enjoy so much about the game), but Anets track record so far makes it hard to feel otherwise.

Anets track record with mesmer overall is terrible… I know this affects some other classes too but mesmers have a lot of “bouncing” attacks so while it affects other classes… it affects this class more so. But maybe since it affects more than mesmers they will fix it faster?

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Posted by: MysticHLE.7160

MysticHLE.7160

ArenaNet, as a paying player (spent over $200 on gems now), I honestly expected better response time and followup frequency to issues that have been viewed 3000+ times.

Mesmers need more attention – and having bugs ACTUALLY fixed instead of just lazily changing the tooltips and calling it done while introducing more game-breaking bugs that are not readily addressed.

Let me remind you that a single quitting player badmouthing your game because of neglect will greatly defeat your efforts at obtaining a new player or keeping an existing player with temporary content.

(edited by MysticHLE.7160)

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Anet – please look int this and provide a response.

Bouncing attacks shouldn’t be hitting clones, phantasms, inanimate objects, white creatures, etc. This is broken.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Posted by: Noince.7364

Noince.7364

Come on, say something Anet, anything. Try floater issue.

jportell.2197

^No don’t try floater issue… I want a concise thought out response as to why they think this happened what they are doing to address it and a real estimation of when they can fix it. I am sick of vague responses and getting random posts then not hearing anything for months again. I have put money into this game outside of the purchase too hoping that it may mean something but apparently it doesn’t do anything for resources outside of getting more useless junk in the gemstore.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Posted by: Phloww.1048

Phloww.1048

This bouncing mechanic between enemy and ally is getting more annoying. It not only affects illusions, turrets, and critters, but it also affects onto spirit weapons, Ranger spirits, minions, and elementals. Basically, any object that is targetable ally is now affected by the bounce and it causes these bouncing skills to not be useful most of the time.

I’m still waiting for Anet to fix many of the bugs that are in Mesmer skills and traits. (i.e. – phantasm berserker, illusionary leap, Temporal Curtain swiftness stack with others, etc.).

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

Lol @ floater issue.

Anyways, this will be fixed next year guys. Though in all seriousness, I did read that they comb the bug report forums but dont have time to reply to every single person. Then again, during several SOTG’s., they were like ‘’wait…that’s a bug?’’ even though, ya know, its been reported and discussed in MEGA threads on their very forums. Hopefully they fix things before the summer MMO betas kick in, otherwise…tbhe reputation of the game could shift as more people feel neglected and leave due to broken class issues.

jportell.2197

Seriously? Nothing on this… it affects more than one class… and not a single response?

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Noince.7364

Keep up the good work guys! 3 more months, some red posts and enough popularity to be asked in a SOTG before we get a “we’ll look into it”.

jportell.2197

I cannot describe how frustrated I was when jSharp was like “Oh it is?” I’ll look at it when I get back to my office….

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Posted by: nyaonyao.8402

nyaonyao.8402

This bouncing mechanic between enemy and ally is getting more annoying. It not only affects illusions, turrets, and critters, but it also affects onto spirit weapons, Ranger spirits, minions, and elementals. Basically, any object that is targetable ally is now affected by the bounce and it causes these bouncing skills to not be useful most of the time.

I’m still waiting for Anet to fix many of the bugs that are in Mesmer skills and traits. (i.e. – phantasm berserker, illusionary leap, Temporal Curtain swiftness stack with others, etc.).

Checked the wiki http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bounce. So are all bouncing attacks bugged now? If so, we should ask the OP to change the title of the thread. If they see that it doesn’t affect just the Mesmer class maybe then it might get the attention it deserves. (I’m actually surprised it hasn’t been moved to the Mesmer subforum where most of our bug threads end up anyway, where they probably won’t get seen by the right people.)

Posted by: Umbra Eight.3651

Umbra Eight.3651

First time posting. First time enraged. How do you screw up a class this late in the game? If I’m close enough to my illusions to gain regeneration I’m close enough to give them stacks of might! Yippee! If they attacked more than once a month it might be worth it. Fix please!

Noince.7364

@nyaonyao: Gonna change title now, since various posters have indicated its not specific targetable allies’s issue but rather bouncing as a whole.

Noince.7364

I cannot describe how frustrated I was when jSharp was like “Oh it is?” I’ll look at it when I get back to my office….

Haha, same thing. Consistent top topic in Mesmer forums for months, one thread even has a red post in it lasting a month old. And you’re saying you don’t know about it? Its either a problem of incompetent communication in your team or a blatant lie to save your “face” by pleading ignorance instead of “oh, we knew about it for 3months and still haven’t gotten/bothered to fix it.”

Posted by: eKsar.9624

eKsar.9624

+1 here, maybe we can have a fixx soon ^^

Posted by: Blimm.5028

Blimm.5028

Another step to forcing mesmers into shatter only. Maybe this is what anet wants? Sort out the creativity and bind people to one build each?

Think With Portals [TWP]: 4th of 16 at Guildnews.de cup
Liane Frostfire – Elementalist [TWP] Ilona Frostfire – Mesmer [TWP]
Enya Frostfire – Mesmer [OMFG]

Noince.7364

Coming next patch,

Undocumted change: Player priority for AoE skills are missing.

jportell.2197

6 months now there have been undocumented changes that get no notice…. :/

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

Cmon ANet, read thisssss!

jportell.2197

According to Jsharp they read the threads all the time… -_-

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Umbra Eight.3651

I would just like to read a statement that indicates if this was in error or if the bouncing mechanic is ‘working as intended’. For now it’s pretty much put my Mesmer on the shelf and given that I don’t have and/or want to start another character it’s pretty much got me twiddling my thumbs until it’s addressed.

C’mon ArenaNet, am I waiting this one out or should I be doing something actually productive (unlikely) with my time?

jportell.2197

Sigh… tomorrow is Monday… we shall see.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Anet – please look into this bouncing issue. It’s not just a Mesmer issue but it does affect Mesmers significantly due to bound abilities on both staff & greatsword.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

The fact that it bounces on your illusions is very good the problem is that those bounces must have priorities. First priority should on enemies (if there’s two enemies it should bounce on them first), 2nd priority should be on you, then your allies (none AI) and lastly your illusions. Right now its all messes up and i expect this to be fixed in ‘only’ 7 months from now.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

jportell.2197

^ I hope that by monday a dev can say “Hey we know this happened expect a fix incoming in….”

Oh wait… its monday.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Relshdan.6854

glad there was time to nerf skelk farming in southsun, but not fix broken skills/traits.

MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Noince.7364

Next up: Instigators spawns rate has been lowered.
(Or: To better reflect the living story whereby Canach has been exposed, settlers have stopped rioting and thus instigators no longer spawn.)

Meanwhile, still no sign of any response on bouncing priority.

Posted by: LiuliRenai.3928

LiuliRenai.3928

As long as this bug / ninja nerf exist there’s little point for any attacks to have effects that bounce to allies. Hell even when bouncing between enemies this is a terrible issue. Elementalist AoEs are scripted to favor hitting enemy players over engineer turrets clutter. The new bouncing mechanics do not.

Liuli – Mesmer – Piken Square

MysticHLE.7160

Can we please get some acknowledgement from a forum moderator or a dev that this issue is being looked into?

jportell.2197

Maybe when they close the thread they’ll acknowledge it :/

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Noince.7364

I guess this is it then. Anet doesn’t care. Game’s meant for causals’ money, no point fixing something the causal majority won’t even notice/be concerned about.

TL;DR: Any mechanic or thing can change at any time without documentation whatsoever and players just have to take it. Cross your fingers and pray that you aren’t hurt by it.

(edited by Noince.7364)

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

I guess this is it then. Anet doesn’t care.

TL;DR: Anet can change any mechanics at any time without documentation whatsoever and players just have to take it. Cross your fingers and pray your class isn’t affected, that’s all.

Arenanet does read the bug section but hardly ever comments on it.
They do take them serious. As for a single arenanetemployee saying on a vid they didn’t know bout a bug, well that doesnt mean they dont read this or take serious.

In this case it was Jonathan Sharp who is a systems designer. He has little to do with skills and skill polishing.

So don’t asume that the lack of reaction here means they dont take it serious. There are however many other bugs.

I personally use some bounce skills but dont see this as a serious issue that is game-breaking for me. I rather see other bugs and things getting fixed, most important the over-balancing off Orr :P

So it is very personal if this is important for you.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Noince.7364

The lack of reaction does mean they don’t take it serious. So many replies and view in this thread with people concerned.

Meanwhile, posts about the karka shell in foreign language gets a red post almost immediately? This just tells me, Anet just wants to appeal to the casual majority and appear good to them.

Issues with game mechanics? Most causals won’t even notice it, why bother replying or rushing, lets throw it into the bin of “too much free time”. Item text? Noticed at first glance, better send red post and queue it up ahead of other important fixes.

The funny thing is that, with their philosophy of constant content, the stream of these “noticed at first glance” bugs will never end and that issues with game mechanics will stay in the bin forever. Sorry, I’m bitter and rightfully so. Farmed a sunrise on my Mesmer and watch Izerker get crapped on for over 3months and now this bouncing thing craps on GS#2?

(edited by Noince.7364)

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

The lack of reaction does mean they don’t take it serious. So many replies and view in this thread with people concerned.

From personal experience: the lack of reaction can mean a lage number of different things.

The reason some threads get an immediate reply is because they are easy to reply to.

In this case (bouncing skill) I assume the lack of reaction is due to

• the internal discussion about whether or how to solve is being ongoing – companies don’t usually involve the user base in ongoing internal discussions.
  • a possible solution being put on the roadmap for a future patch, in which case they are likely to not make their plans known to the user base, so that they have the option to change these plans if other things get in the way
  • and most likely, the problem was given a lower priority than other issues (culling, DC issues, achievements not triggering, problems with timed content, changes that they are already committed to, and various game-breakers) and we will just have to wait.

Silence is not the same as “no”; it is not the same as “we didn’t read it” or “we don’t care”.

Noince.7364

Silence is not the same as “no”; it is not the same as “we didn’t read it” or “we don’t care”.

First the izerker issue, and now Mesmers gets another slap with bouncing. Furthermore, apparently izerker is starting to go stoning-mode on certain monsters now (bloomhunger spirits) and randomly fail summoning (I have personally experienced this) even without the “obstructed/out of range” message (while in LoS and range) coming out.

I hope you are right, but even if they do genuinely care, if they take are gonna take over 4months to fix something, its essentially the same thing: Mechanics/things are being changed without any documentation and players just have to take it.

(edited by Noince.7364)

mercury ranique.2170

First the izerker issue, and now Mesmers gets another slap with bouncing. Furthermore, apparently izerker is starting to go stoning-mode on certain monsters now (bloomhunger spirits) and randomly fail summoning (I have personally experienced this) even without the “obstructed/out of range” message (while in LoS and range) coming out.

I hope you are right, but even if they do genuinely care, if they take are gonna take over 4months to fix something, its essentially the same thing: Mechanics/things are being changed without any documentation and players just have to take it.

Another thing Noince, I’ve been going through your history. You keep putting a huge bunch of energy in certain bugs and you are always saying the same things. You are also always saying that your bug being fixed is much more important then any other.

A bug gettin g fixed isnt a popularity call. Each bug gets a priority-label when registered (and as stated all bugs here get registered).

The next step is verifying the bug. This means a dev is going to check if a bug is really a bug. This is also the last moment generally a bug priority gets changed.

The priority given to the bug depends on the severness off the bug and is a decission by arenanet wich is never ever communicated with us. You can not influence that either.

The izerker bug is a single skill bug and will likely have less priority then this one wich is a multi-skill bug.

This doesnt mean this is faster solved. It also depends on how difficult it is to fix it.

The only effect you are creating by complaining in 100 different threads and reposting and bumping is that you create a cloud. It actually took me 15 minutes of reading to find a post that told me what the izerker bug was again. If it works that way for me, it will definitly also work that way for support.

You have to trust the devs they take every bug serious. If you don’t trust them you should play a game where you do trust the devs.

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

The issue with bouncing skills seems to be affecting the Elementalist’s staff Air auto-attack as well.

Last night I was in Southsun, and the air auto attack would hit my target, and then a secondary target nearby (like it’s supposed to). However, for the third bounce, if there was no third target nearby, instead of bouncing back to hit the original target like it always has, it rocketed off into space (usually completely off the screen to who knows where).

It’s a good thing I don’t auto-attack in Air Attunement much, but seeing the third bounce shoot off in random directions was annoying (albeit somewhat humorous at the same time).

mercury ranique.2170

The issue with bouncing skills seems to be affecting the Elementalist’s staff Air auto-attack as well.

Last night I was in Southsun, and the air auto attack would hit my target, and then a secondary target nearby (like it’s supposed to). However, for the third bounce, if there was no third target nearby, instead of bouncing back to hit the original target like it always has, it rocketed off into space (usually completely off the screen to who knows where).

It’s a good thing I don’t auto-attack in Air Attunement much, but seeing the third bounce shoot off in random directions was annoying (albeit somewhat humorous at the same time).

That is correct,
It seems to do with all skills that bounce. A full list can be found here: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bounce

Noince.7364

I understand your point about trusting the devs, and that I am rather repetitive in complaining. Just that i’m ticked off about the way JP handled things.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Did-phantasmal-zerker-get-fixed-this-patch/first

He says its “floater” issue, whereby many people prove its not (1minute of paying attention to health bars). Then he just leaves the thread hanging after proclaiming to try making a “bad pic”. Didn’t even close off this own side of the conversation.

I agree I do need to clam down. Just a game after all.

Posted by: Antinous.4537

Antinous.4537

Anet please fix this major bug, its causing big problems with Mesmers staff #1 and greatsword #2 having the extra bounces bounce off clones and non aggroed mobs.

(edited by Antinous.4537)

jportell.2197

And every other bouncing skill in the game. you’d think since it affects 7/8 professions it would at least be a high priority.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Relshdan.6854

I’m not letting this thread slide.

Bouncing skills are not targeting correctly….after hitting the enemy, they are bouncing to whatever is closest (whether it be white /yellow mob, clone/pet, other red mob, NPC, etc).

MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

MysticHLE.7160

Neither am I. I find it pure outrage that they’d prioritize Living Story bugs over core game mechanics required for everyone to enjoy their characters properly.

(edited by MysticHLE.7160)

Umbra Eight.3651

Whelp, logged on to check the status of things. Attacked a Lynx with GS #2 and had the bounces from the fight aggro a nearby Vetran Pinesoul and a Moose. Quite the brawl, and naturally the GS was putting might stacks on my clone. Logged out to desktop, see you in a week