Major bug with Bouncing skills' mechanic

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Darx.9842

Darx.9842

This bug has also ruined Mesmer’s underwater trident.

With 3 clones out, sharper images, and sigil of earth, I used to be able to maintain 25 stacks of bleeds on a target. Now its wildly random, sometimes 8 stacks, sometimes 20 stacks, and anywhere in between, and it all depends on positioning of the clones.

Its completely broken.

Posted by: Noince.7364

Noince.7364

Sad fate of threads, either red within 24hour or never.

Posted by: Obed.8093

Obed.8093

Considering the severity of the changes to the class, I would expect a dev response to at least acknowledge the issues, and say whether this was intentional or not.

Lack of response is worse than the bug (nerf, error, wtf they want to call it)

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Anet, please look into this change in the bouncing mechanic.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

This isn’t a nerf, it’s a stealth buff to make the “Ambient killer” achievement easier.

Why, only this morning I threw GS2 at a raptor, and took out 2 sparkflies and a toad!

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Noince.7364

Anet, I’m currently at the situation whereby I do not even know whether I should keep devoting time to my character or not. Over 6 months Izerker still not fixed, and bouncing screws up now. I want to spend gems to support you, but I can’t with the fear of getting dumped on silently patch after patch.

Posted by: Antinous.4537

Antinous.4537

Anet please fix this bug already. This should be a priority.

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

I’m not letting this thread slide.
Bouncing skills are not targeting correctly….after hitting the enemy, they are bouncing to whatever is closest (whether it be white /yellow mob, clone/pet, other red mob, NPC, etc).

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Ryuujin.8236

Another bump and will continue to bump whenever it slides off the page until the problem is at least acknowledged.

This is iZerker all over again and we can’t wait another 4 months for it to be addressed it’s a high priority issue that breaks several mesmer skills completely.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

I don’t believe thread bumping is permitted in these forums, as per the t&c but i could be wrong.

However, about this point, just think about what you are asking,
1.) if attack’s don’t bounce from clones, people will complain it’s too easy to spot the non clones (players)
or
2.) if they do bounce the attackers will complain it’s not hitting players.

it’s a no-win situation however you look at it, however, there is only one solution I can see which is fair to everybody.

Add additional bounce targets if it hits a mesmers clone (which it should, for equality).

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

(edited by Vashoom.8512)

Posted by: Shirou.4862

Shirou.4862

1.) if attack’s don’t bounce from clones, people will complain it’s too easy to spot the non clones (players)

Sure, because when you fight a mesmer you most look out for where the bounces go, not the movement/skills/animations/health that only a player can have, duh!

I wish Anet could fix this within the month.

Posted by: Umbra Eight.3651

Umbra Eight.3651

or

it’s a no-win situation however you look at it, however, there is only one solution I can see which is fair to everybody.

Add additional bounce targets if it hits a mesmers clone (which it should, for equality).

This is a fatuous argument at best. There is little difficulty spotting the real mesmer currently, and under no circumstances would a condition mesmer want to trade off the DPS/condition/boon application of the old bounce mechanic in order to slightly confuse the issue of who the real mesmer is in PvP. Consider the mesmer who is PvE only, for them this new bounce mechanic is an absolute disaster with no upside. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Relshdan.6854

I don’t believe thread bumping is permitted in these forums, as per the t&c but i could be wrong.

or

if boon symbols were the only “tell” between clone/phantasm and real mesmer, you might have a point a very small fraction of mesmer players might agree with…..but since it is not, and is in fact one of the smaller “tells”, that point in your argument is moot.

if the bounces only affected phantasms (that would actually benefit from boons), and not clones (for whom they are completely wasted on), then i might buy into that as long as there was a proper/predictable hierarchy to bounce logic and phantasms fell below the player and player-controlled allies if distance is relatively the same (so some skill is involved with phantasm placement/usage). other player-pets should never receive the bounce, nor should white/yellow mobs that were not targeted.

MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: MysticHLE.7160

MysticHLE.7160

Why do I not see a fix for this in today’s patch notes? This bug practically broke 1/2 of the Mesmers and it’s still not fixed? -_-

Relshdan.6854

Why do I not see a fix for this in today’s patch notes? This bug practically broke 1/2 of the Mesmers and it’s still not fixed? -_-

they tend to do their bug fixing at the end of the month patches (or once a month)….not every major patch.

still……don’t hold your breath on any of the big/desired-by-the-community mesmer fixes for end of this month. they haven’t even addressed them in this forum.

MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

MysticHLE.7160

They can roll out game-breaking bug fixes (or at least roll back the change that broke it) within days and sometimes hours after patch.

One that comes to mind is the delayed jumping bug (made jumping off platforms extremely difficult) resulted from an attempted fix of an exploit. They rolled back that change within hours of patch release. I don’t see why this time it’s not acted quicker – at least some sort of explanation or acknowledgement should quell the Mesmer community’s anger.

And sure, this mechanic affects Mesmers the most (other classes with bouncing attacks are affected too, but not as much), but it shouldn’t just be ignored for 2 weeks without any notice from the devs or a CC.

I visit just about all the class subforums…and the Mesmer one is just filled with so much anger, frustration, and sarcasm when it comes to bugs not addressed.

It really makes ArenaNet look bad…

(edited by MysticHLE.7160)

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

Seriously ANet. Mesmers have three viable main hand options (Scepter is pitiful beyond very low levels). This means that virtually every Mesmer MUST wield either a Staff or a Greatsword, both of which rely on the enemy/ally bounce mechanic for effectiveness.

Having my Greatsword give a clone Might stacks when I’m within range hurts. Having Mirror Blade bounce to an Illusion when it could be bouncing between enemies hurts, hitting 2 on the Staff (leaving a Clone closer to the enemy than you) so that both it and your auto-attacks buff IT with Might/Fury hurts.

A bug like this should not lack a response, let alone make it to the next content patch without being fixed.

Noince.7364

I don’t know what I expected. Ha. Ha. Next up, melee autoattacks require a target to actually swing and not a single documentation muahaha.

Posted by: Severance.5219

Severance.5219

Fix bounces, pretty please.

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

What the hell does it bounce off here? That thing cannot even be targeted…

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

Not sure if this was mentioned in this thread, but it’s not just Clones being bounce-to-able that screwed up Staff Condition Mesmers, it is also the loss of bounce logic. Previously bounce logic was enemy-ally-enemy (alternates), but now it bounces to the closest target regardless of whether they are an enemy or an ally.

Since Winds of Chaos only has a single bounce this is not usually a problem: except Staff Condition Mesmers rely on the extra enemy bounce from Illusionary Elasticity for like 33% of their DPS, and now that extra enemy bounce could easily become a useless Clone bounce.

I’m hoping that the “balance patch” will address all this by, say, making Illusionary Elasticity apply to Staff Clones (and for God’s sake fix the bug where Staff Clone WoC inflicts 5s Bleeding instead of 7s, this is bug fixing month isn’t it?).

P.S. Because of the loss of bounce logic iMage can actually hit enemies after the first hit now, except for some reason it never bounces back to an enemy it hakitten before.

What the hell does it bounce off here? That thing cannot even be targeted…

Epic fail. GG Anet.

Posted by: Trick Doll.7923

Trick Doll.7923

still no change after today’s patch. at least acknowledge this bug please.

Xavi.6591

Still waiting for a response from Anet on this.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]

Embolism.8106

Yes, an acknowledgement would be nice.

Posted by: tovadaun.6304

tovadaun.6304

I will admit- I have not read all three pages of posts. I apologize if I am reposting old information.
Yesterday I was killing Holos w a Mesmer and my Guards skill Ray of Judgement bounces to heal allies were being spent on his illusions.
Just adding my current voice to this thread.

Kitta the Conjurer, Guardian- At Your Service- Yak’s Bend
Stuff! Stuffy stuff stuff stuff!!

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Anet please fix this major bug, its causing big problems with Mesmers staff #1 and greatsword #2 having the extra bounces bounce off clones and non aggroed mobs.

I love my mesmer but am extremely irritated that Anet has not fixed this bounce problem. I am getting tired of fighting everything else in the area due to this stupid bouncing. It has even pulled in a champion I was not targeting and thought I was far enough away from.

Bad…bad…badddddd..!!!

Noince.7364

Apparently rangers got an undocumented change to their dagger #4. Who needs patch notes when you’ve got Anets.

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

Two of the Three viable Mesmer weapons are significantly affected by this ANet. You could at least recognize the bug for us.

Posted by: Umbra Eight.3651

Umbra Eight.3651

Thank you for your recent attention to the iZerker bug (you can see the dev input here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Did-phantasmal-zerker-get-fixed-this-patch/page/10 ). Please have a look at the recent changes to bounce mechanics introduced in the late May patch. It affects all classes, but Mesmer disproportionately due to the high number of bounce attacks in their two-handed weapons proficiencies.

Noince.7364

Just waiting for a red to come in and say its purely visual issues and that we are getting our buff/damage bounces correctly. (Cries while laughing)

Relshdan.6854

Just waiting for a red to come in and say its purely visual issues and that we are getting our buff/damage bounces correctly. (Cries while laughing)

gotta wait about 2 more months……“they’ll look in to it”……………and a month later, it will be “working as intended”.

so just get used to it or switch weapons/builds/classes…..it will not be fixed.

MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Ryuujin.8236

They’ll do what they did with blurred frenzy/masterful reflection. They’ll change the tooltip description to fit the new behavior and call it a day

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

Please, you’ve broken enough of the mesmer:

You’ve broken iZerker
Illusionary Leap horribly untrustful
Temporal Curtain does not give extra swiftness (even if you only have 1 sec of it left)
Deceptive Evasion can target (and kill) useless ambient animals like Rabbits
Clones don’t have Offhands (One of the oldest bugs I’ve seen)
Clones don’t have weapons underwater
Signet of Illusions can range from 10s to 1s to take effect (3~1s is lucky)
Gutted Confusion and it’s respective mesmer traits (in WvW)
Clones are not affected by Illusionary Elasticity (the staff ones)

Yet, I can handle all of this, because I know some classes are in a worse position.

But this is just another nail in the coffin. As of right now, while having a fun 1v1 in WvW, my Winds of Chaos h-a-….s….. hit a Veteran Oakheart. Not only that, but the 3 stacks of might meant for allies now goes to the clone that is summoned by Mirror Blade

Edit~ why is “h @…… $……………. hit” considered profanity?

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

(edited by LumAnth.5124)

Noince.7364

“but because it is a mostly Mesmer bug only we have prioritized other fixes over it while we try to figure out the root cause of this issue. In the meantime, I hope you have enough burn heal to wait for another 7months and a SotG mention.”

-JuanPatrick

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Same for necro’s focus #4 Reaper’s Touch. It gives my jagged horror regen instead of stacking more vulnerability on foes.

Those jagged horrors are so useless and die so fast the regen is completely wasted lol.

It has bounced off minions for many months now.

Ryuujin.8236

Same for necro’s focus #4 Reaper’s Touch. It gives my jagged horror regen instead of stacking more vulnerability on foes.

Those jagged horrors are so useless and die so fast the regen is completely wasted lol.

It has bounced off minions for many months now.

Just like it bounces off the devs radar /bah dum tsh

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

Lol, still no response to this. Maybe it’s a floater issue guys.

Posted by: Trick Doll.7923

Trick Doll.7923

at least jon peters had the courtesy to come in and tell people what was going on with the mesmer gs situation. he even drew a nice picture for us to explain the situation.

here, no response from anybody even though it’s clear that bouncing behavior has changed.

Xavi.6591

Anet,

Please fix the bounce logic. My Mesmer Winds of Chaos (staff) likes to bounce and buff pets, clones, illusions, siege, rabbits, cats, rats. Everything except me.

Same goes for greatsword Mirror Blade #2 skill.

With the previous nerf to confusion, this is now a double-nerf to Mesmer Staff users.

MysticHLE.7160

Not letting this one slide.

It really shouldn’t be this hard to get some attention/acknowledgement from devs/QA/CC on something so serious and broken as this. I had better support from Netgear on a Windows 8 drivers problem for my wireless USB adapter – and that thing only costed me $25.

(edited by MysticHLE.7160)

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

My bouncing glob of elixir f likes to bounce to inactive (!) holo-emitters – whether the glob tries to cripple it or to grant swiftness to it, I don’t know

Embolism.8106

At the very least a post saying that they are aware of the issue would be nice. Surely that cannot take more than 15 seconds?

Embolism.8106

Will not let this slide.

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Seriously ANET

u disappoint…

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Xavi.6591

Still no response? WTF.

Embolism.8106

Really, I don’t care much if you guys are fixing this or not (I’ve already resigned myself that the answer is no), just give us some indication that you know this exists. Given that this change isn’t even in the patch notes I wouldn’t be surprised if it is unintended and completely missed.

Noince.7364

Izerker all over again

After getting embarrassed publicly again (if asked in SotG ever) they will get some clueless peon to post just for “face’s sake” and ignore it forever.

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Pretty much. And with the bouncing mechanic bjorked… Will this new torment mean anything? I doubt it.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Posted by: Jeremiah Lee.2764

Jeremiah Lee.2764

Live Response QA

We are aware of this issue and have a team looking into it.

Thank you to all that have posted!

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

We are aware of this issue and have a team looking into it.

Thank you to all that have posted!

Yaaaay!
Thanks Jeremiah! You made our day!