[Merged topics] Achievement bug: no chests, dailies stuck

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: snowfaire.2781

snowfaire.2781

I’d understand if ArenaNet can’t just give back possibly missed loot, but it should be possible to give us back “extended” rewards. That means in detail that if I run a dungeon succesfully I get a bonus chest. If I run it again afterwards that day, I get another one. This keeps on until the missed days are refunded.

This. This is better for anet than refunding possibly missed rewards because it still requires you to play, good for the players because we actually, you know, get what we missed out on. Another suggestion is to credit our accounts with gems or even a gift from the gem store, I’m not picky. What makes it much worse is that the bug doesn’t affect everyone. Obviously I would rather the bug not exist at all, but if it affected everyone, not only would anet fix it faster, but this state of things where some players continue to get richer while those of us affected by the bug continue to be screwed is very unfair.

snowfaire.2781

And also, I’d like to point out that this game is NOT free to play, I bought it for $30, and spent another $20 on gem store items.
If I don’t get a refund in virtual items, I’d like my $50 back :/

Posted by: Netrol.8106

Netrol.8106

I have tried being logged on and off during reset and I am still having the problems. Not sure if many of you craft ascended items but it seems that if your having problems with dailies and chest rewards you probably are having a problem with crafting too you just don’t know it. I watch as I waited for my crafting count down and as soon as it hit 0 I tried to craft an ascended spool of thread but the timer reset to 24 hours before I could craft the item. I was spamming the craft button very fast but I guess I missed it. I think its a toggle issue, basically the system is not toggling at the end of a timer. So in a sense the switch is on when it should be off. Its as simple as having a check mark in a box that doesn’t get removed at the end of the timer count. So when the program looks at the box it sees the check mark and thinks you have completed that task what ever it may be dailies or crafting or a dungeon reward so it waits either 24 hours or until the next reset to see if the condition has changed but it never does. I would think the ability exist to reset all the timers at once. You would think that this problem would effect everyone. I don’t want my money back but it doesn’t make much sense to play the game while having this bug since I can’t really progress in the game. It’s Guild War 2 version of the movie Ground hog day.

(edited by Netrol.8106)

Posted by: Nouvel.2375

Nouvel.2375

If no fix is released tonight, I’ll try the suggested methods and see if it bugs again. Today, I managed to do my dailies, dungeons, world events etc with receiving the proper rewards

Posted by: Finale.5281

Finale.5281

Each reset I’ve tried some of the player-found “fixes” with no luck
Being online in gendarren when reset hits
Having all characters logged off in a non-mega zone when reset hits
Hopping between non-mega zones when reset hits

Nada.

Just summing the dungeon daily chest values and ascended crafting gold equivalents that people aren’t getting starts to be a not-insignificant amount over 5-6 days….

Posted by: Azstatic.1485

Azstatic.1485

The fact of the matter is, Anet aren’t gonna do anything till this week, we’re still gonna be complaining about what we have missed out on/lost, The chances that anet will refund us for what’s happened is a very slim F*** you. This is the 6th day I’ve missed out on loot and it’s making me not want to play this game. hurry the hell up anet.

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

So… I’ve been stuck since patch day. Do I get a free precursor for this? Lol

Nothing resets and it made me realize on how much time gated content there is in this game for rewards, which is nearly everything.

yeah this is ridiculous, I can’t believe it’s not top priority to fix… it’s taken so long and they fixed things I’ve never even seen people complain about; and then there’s this.

I think it is top priority. But keep in mind, that it is easter and the devs are at home with their familys and for most people the problem started at friday, only a few (including me) reported this bug already on thursday/wednesday. I guess, when easter is over, it will get fixed asap.

It started the DAY OF the patch, when the dailies reset FOR the patch, they were already X/5 completed. and dailies weren’t reset.

Posted by: BrillsDark.7641

BrillsDark.7641

I don’t care too much about compensation. Most MMO’s don’t give out compensation for their bugs unless if it affects a large amount of people. Mostly, I’m wondering about why Anet isn’t responding to our comments. I’ve always felt that they were pretty good about communicating with the community. The lack of response is what worries me the most.

Posted by: WUCHENGYI.1926

WUCHENGYI.1926

i just to know when can fix the bug

Posted by: WUCHENGYI.1926

WUCHENGYI.1926

I just want to know when to fix the BUG

snowfaire.2781

Hey guys! I started a thread in players helping players soliciting contributions from fellow players to those of us affected by this serious, week-long bug.

I got the idea for a bug victims “charity” when I ran acp3, didn’t get any of the chests, complained about it in party chat (but didn’t leave party), and, to my surprise, received 1 gold from one of my party members (who happened to not be affected by this bug) in the mail after the dungeon! Obviously, there are some great folks who are willing to go above and beyond to help out those of us who are basically getting screwed over by ANet but still continue to play.

Please check out my thread about the Bug Victims Relief Fund posted here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Bug-Victims-Relief-Fund/first#post3936426

I’m giving away the 1g I received from the first donor to another victim of this bug who posts in my thread. Basically, post if you want a gold xD.

Posted by: Jayjaydee.3827

Jayjaydee.3827

I agree with a previous comment. The biggest problem here is a lack of communication on Anets part. I can understand and forgive the presence of a bug. I can’t understand and forgive neglect and silence while so many of us are so frustrated!

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

It’s nearing 10am on the west coast. Typical games industry core hours (in my experience at several different companies) are 10am-6pm. If we’re lucky, we’ll hear something soon.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

I never intended to get the Diablo III expansion, but I had a lot of fun mindlessly hacking stuff this weekend.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

Posted by: udoh.5307

udoh.5307

Just did the Triple headed Wurm (which will be the last time for a while now, as the timers have made it very difficult for me to do it) and I got no daily reward for the event. Not sure what else there is to say… Feels really annoying to get rewarded for doing events.

Posted by: SasukeAg.6705

SasukeAg.6705

Just did the Triple headed Wurm (which will be the last time for a while now, as the timers have made it very difficult for me to do it) and I got no daily reward for the event. Not sure what else there is to say… Feels really annoying to get rewarded for doing events.

Saturday it happens to me… no boss big chest for me… pretty hard and we are talking about THW.

Posted by: SpecterMAT.7306

SpecterMAT.7306

Guys I lost so much golds now by this bug,that It’s not even funny anymore………

Posted by: hdinh.8091

hdinh.8091

After thinking about it for a short time, a question came up in my mind. According to some “missing” reset, it may not only affect laurels, chests, extra gold/loot/badges but also guild commendations if the bug is not fixed withing a week due to the weekly cap according to the Guild Wars 2 wiki.
Coming back to the problem itself, I’d understand if ArenaNet can’t just give back possibly missed loot, but it should be possible to give us back “extended” rewards. That means in detail that if I run a dungeon succesfully I get a bonus chest. If I run it again afterwards that day, I get another one. This keeps on until the missed days are refunded.
Either way I’d appreciate further information or a short feedback on the situation of a fix or a possible refund.

In addition to this, I am hoping ANet doesn’t overlook the fact that some people that were bugged for days on end, but somehow became unbugged the dailies (dungeons and world bosses). And act a if they were never bugged, and don’t give some kind of compensation to them.

I was bugged for2 days, but at the last reset I somehow got my dailies to reset, but I till missed out on the 2 other days, and I am hoping to get some of daily gold from dungeons that I missed out on.

Sylvari Engineer
Viennotair/ Sar (r’s x 9)

Posted by: Minizinger.7156

Minizinger.7156

Guys I lost so much golds now by this bug,that It’s not even funny anymore………

Don’t worry, Bro. For Anet it always is

Posted by: Vixena.3821

Vixena.3821

I can’t do dungeons, I can’t do FotM, I can’t do hotjoins (don’t care about tpvp), I can’t do world events, I can’t get laurels.. what the hell can I do?

(edited by Vixena.3821)

Posted by: Bollocks.4078

Bollocks.4078

I originally posted in a thread about the monthlies not resetting. My posts were merged into this thread but based on the title and the Anet responses this thread seems to ignore the monthly reset issue. The real disappointing thing is that at this point even if they do reset my monthlies I won’t have enough time anyway to complete it. So I, like many other people, lose out on 10 luarels plus other rewards.

Posted by: whenfirecomes.7963

whenfirecomes.7963

So… I’ve been stuck since patch day. Do I get a free precursor for this? Lol

Nothing resets and it made me realize on how much time gated content there is in this game for rewards, which is nearly everything.

yeah this is ridiculous, I can’t believe it’s not top priority to fix… it’s taken so long and they fixed things I’ve never even seen people complain about; and then there’s this.

I think it is top priority. But keep in mind, that it is easter and the devs are at home with their familys and for most people the problem started at friday, only a few (including me) reported this bug already on thursday/wednesday. I guess, when easter is over, it will get fixed asap.

It started the DAY OF the patch, when the dailies reset FOR the patch, they were already X/5 completed. and dailies weren’t reset.

Exactly. This just shows the lack of foresight, perhaps even care, on Anet’s side. Why schedule such a major patch few days before the holiday when you know you’ll be unable to deal with inevitable bugs for days or longer.

Posted by: Aylpse.6280

Aylpse.6280

Three days of no Deadly Blossoms for Kuzdu, no Daily, no PvP rewards… ah well I need to go finish up Mapping anyway..

Taking the higher moral ground since 1993.

Posted by: Adondriel.2837

Adondriel.2837

This just gives more evidence as to why Anet needs to make a Beta test server. Where you get a free lvl 80 or w/e to go around and just TEST the game out, make sure there arn’t any HUGE bugs. This is ridiculous and careless, they need to actually test their updates large scale, before sending it out to the public. What it looks like is they only tested it with their tiny little internal testing team, which does nothing for actually finding the hard to reach bugs.

Posted by: Craigle.2031

Craigle.2031

My monthly achievements have not reset either. I hope they sort this soon as it’s seriously disadvantaging. Does anyone know of a way to help speed up the process of getting this fixed?

Posted by: Corax.7381

Corax.7381

It’s good to know ANet knows the problem exists (and its cause), but I really hope they prioritize this. It’s a serious issue.

“Quaggan will kick your tail so hard it slaps you in the face!” – Willoo

Posted by: Nethres.7168

Nethres.7168

Its early in the week, still no fix.

Posted by: whenfirecomes.7963

whenfirecomes.7963

Daily reset normally tonight, was in WvW at the time. Not sure if it means anything anymore since Anet isn’t communicating to clear things up, and I’ll probably be bugged again on next reset.

Edit – new build in 10 mins. We’ll see…

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

No reset on my daily, good job anet!

Attachments:

Posted by: Ozzy.7650

Ozzy.7650

I got this bug since patchday … but life is too short for raging.

Posted by: Wisp.2634

Wisp.2634

this is just unacceptable that u cant fix this for a week…

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

No reset on my daily, good job anet!

The patch isn’t for a few more minutes. Perhaps it will be fixed with this. Give a check afterward. Hope it is fixed.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Fixed an issue that caused daily achievement rewards to be granted erroneously.

Seems it may have gotten fixed for those having the issue.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Grace.6074

Grace.6074

Well that certainly didn’t do ANYTHING. Still broken. Still won’t reset. Five days now.

Aerre – Sylvari Elementalist
Necro/Warrior/Ranger/Mesmer/Guardian
HoD – PHZE

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Patch now for the fix. Now it’s just a matter of time to see if anet gives up what we missed.

Posted by: Aylpse.6280

Aylpse.6280

Patch fixed it!! THANK YOU ANET FOR YOUR HARD WORK AND QUICK RESPONSE TO THIS! HOPE YOU HAD A HAPPY EASTER!

Taking the higher moral ground since 1993.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Well that certainly didn’t do ANYTHING. Still broken. Still won’t reset. Five days now.

Because the update was put out AFTER the reset. Which is completely idiotic.

Posted by: Nethres.7168

Nethres.7168

No reset =( thanks Anet, now maybe try actually fixing it

Posted by: xxExpendablexx.8065

xxExpendablexx.8065

I received 3 responses about the ticket i submitted after i found out my game was bugged, 2/3 were to thank me for my patience, the 3rd a GM replied but did not mention my issue at all. No daily rewards, no loot from bosses, dungeons. And no ascended crafting. This is pretty bad considering i only been playing for 2-3 months, everyday counts for us new players. Hopefully they do something for us affected players, I too spent some money to buy gems. Something for our troubles would be a good show of customer service.

Posted by: Grace.6074

Grace.6074

Patch fixed it!! THANK YOU ANET FOR YOUR HARD WORK AND QUICK RESPONSE TO THIS! HOPE YOU HAD A HAPPY EASTER!

Quick? LOLOLOLOL you’re delusional.

And yeah, mine is still stuck at 5/5 after patching. It remains to be seen if it actually resets tomorrow. In any case, I’ve still missed five days of laurels and ascended crafting materials, and I expect to be compensated for it.

Aerre – Sylvari Elementalist
Necro/Warrior/Ranger/Mesmer/Guardian
HoD – PHZE

Posted by: Egret.4362

Egret.4362

Patch appears to have fixed the dailies for me. Will need to check on World Boss Resets and Dungeons.

Posted by: Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

hahahaahaaa even thos bug patch notes says they fixed the bug its not

Posted by: elysiashu.3206

elysiashu.3206

Still not fixed. No laurels, no crafting, no home instance gathering, no dungeons, no fractals, no world bosses.

Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

and still no crafting reset

Posted by: royal bob.7810

royal bob.7810

We’ll have to wait until tomorrow to find out if it is fixed. Nice troll though by ANet for putting out the fix less than 20 minutes after reset.

Posted by: LUST.7241

LUST.7241

Great. You distributed the patch AFTER the daily reset AGAIN.
Waiting ANOTHER day to do dailies and get chests. WONDERFUL.

-.-
Seriously, this week has been bloody unrewarding in a literal sense. Glad I missed out on every boss, dungeon, daily, guild commendation, etc. for a week only for a “Oh well, wait one more day until it actually comes into effect (but we can’t guarantee it).”

Anyway, thanks for the patch (finally). Can’t wait to actually gain something at the end of things.

P.S. Everything is still bugged! Yay!

(edited by LUST.7241)

Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

Update – April 21, 2014
Bug Fixes
Fixed an issue with the Black Lion Trader [Armorsmith]. This NPC will once again exchange older town clothes for outfits and tonics.
Fixed a bug in which time-gated features were not properly resetting.
Fixed an issue that caused daily achievement rewards to be granted erroneously.
Fixed a bug in which leveling up during PvP would heal the player.
The Fires of Balthazar Skin has been changed to be account bound on acquire.
To alleviate concerns about team coordination, the foreign language filter no longer applies in the Edge of the Mists. The filter is always disabled while in any WvW map.
WvW rank-up bonus chests are now limited per account:
No new bonus chests will be awarded beyond a maximum of 99.
Existing bonus chests will be capped at 250. Any beyond this will be discarded.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates

Posted by: darkkinder.7926

darkkinder.7926

still buged for me ( no daily, and the other bugs), this patch was supposed to fix this?

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

nope, no fix for me.

Posted by: Deke.8094

Deke.8094

Still no fix for me. On my character screen it appeared to be fixed, then I logged in and was still at 5/5 despite reset supposedly taking place 30 minutes ago.