Mesmer Bugs: 33+ [Updated October 22nd]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

Is the decoy #41 really a bug? I think I remember the devs mentioning that decoy ignoring the revealed debuff is on purpose (cause, it’s not stealth, it’s decoy).

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Hi

Mesmer still can stealth by using decoy while being revealed.
(Auto Decoy from trait Dueling V too)
Already tested in pvp And wvw

That is working as intended afaik. Decoy is not stealth. Its just sort of stealth. Its a unique boon.

Why they decided to make decoy a unique type of Mesmer stealth instead of just regular stealth is anyones guess. But they did. So not bug. Well, unless of course revealed is supposed to work on it. But then its a bug with revealed, not the Mesmer.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

This way same curtain / several curtains won’t stack, but you’ll still be able to get swiftness if you have it already form another source. This new effect should not prevent swiftness from other sources though, only from curtain, or it will make things even worse.

This is the point! I understand why it wouldn’t allow you to get a stack of it by going forth and back through it, but why deny it when you already have some from a different source? Or why deny swiftness from other sources when you already have it from TC? It doesn’t make any sense and makes mesmer sux when it comes to mobility. Just deny stack if it comes from your own TC more than once, but allow it if it comes from a different source. Missing swiftness when you use TC just 1 sec or less before its cooldown ends sux big time.

I believe it’s not hard to coding it as your buffs already “knows” what source they came from (hovering it shows the source).

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Is the decoy #41 really a bug? I think I remember the devs mentioning that decoy ignoring the revealed debuff is on purpose (cause, it’s not stealth, it’s decoy).

any source for this?

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

any source for this?

If there’d be an effective way to search the forums

Well, just look at the status bar when you activate decoy. It clearly is a different buff. That’s probably also the reason why Prismatic Understanding states that it extends “cloaking skills” for one second, and not “stealth”.

I guess Decoy is supposed to be a class specific functionality that can’t be removed, just like Endure Pain or Berserker Stance for Warriors. That said and assuming that this is on purpose, there’s no reason to nerf decoy – at least in my humble opinion. Changing it from “decoy” to regular “stealth” just to make it affected by revealed would definately be a nerf.

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

frifox.5283

I’m not arguing for or against the possible nerf, all I need to confirm is how ANet intends the functionality to be. And yes, I’m aware that the buff icon is different than “Stealth”.

Posted by: Kohlteth.3715

Kohlteth.3715

Back on front page for whatever good that may do

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Let’s hope upcoming feature pack will fix poor mesmers

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

Back on front page for whatever good that may do

:)

Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

I’ve noticed some posts recently in the forum about rock dogs as well as minions standing around and not attacking. I personally have not played my mesmer much because of all the bugs but I have been wondering if iWarden has gotten worse recently. Maybe these bugs are some how connected. It might be a good thing if they are connected some how because it would be even more likely this bug would be addressed.

Also thanks allot to frifox for creating and keeping this thread up to date. You are the best.

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

after patch release……….over/under on bugs compared to right now (40)?

can’t wait.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

I might take the under for a day, until we discover the new bugs.

It’s probably too optimistic to think the feature patch will actually address any of these, though.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

(edited by One Note Chord.5031)

Posted by: Martin Kerstein.3071

Martin Kerstein.3071

Head of Global Community

Next

It’s probably too optimistic to think the feature patch will actually address any of these, though.

On the contrary! I talked to one of our developers, and there are a lot of Mesmer bug fixes that will be deployed with the Feature Pack. I do not have the full list yet, keep an eye out for the update notes once the Feature Pack goes live.

Relshdan.6854

history says:
bug fixes get deployed…..some work/some don’t/ some introduce new bugs……we wait another 6 months for the next attempt.

understand it’s tough (really the toughest), but no Mesmer should take any stock in anything until a week after patch.

MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

frifox.5283

I see the light at the end of the bug tunnel, it’s faint but it’s there!

Posted by: captainteemo.6537

captainteemo.6537

wow, hearing back about this is great news. fingers crossed.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

(manic screaming)
All of us! Abandoned! You aren’t real. You can’t be here.

Nice to see a red post here. I’ve unmained my mesmer already until all the annoying bugs get fixed and iLeap, iWarden and Temporal Curtain get some love; really hope to see things move.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Fixing bugs instead of just tool tips sounds promising.

Posted by: Kirito.9207

Kirito.9207

On the contrary! I talked to one of our developers, and there are a lot of Mesmer bug fixes that will be deployed with the Feature Pack. I do not have the full list yet, keep an eye out for the update notes once the Feature Pack goes live.

Oh my.

This is great.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Just please fix more than the untraited warden bug :-)

Sincere thanks for posting here, Martin. I hope to see more communication from you guys in the future, especially earlier in the discussion to let us know that our concerns have been heard — even if the fixes aren’t imminent.

Your feedback is your most useful utility (pun definitely intended!).

Really, though — thanks

(edited by dlonie.6547)

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

Are they going to be legitimate bug fixes, or more along the lines of the iLeap “fix” that did nothing more than make the skill more easy to counter…

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

Posted by: MSFone.3026

MSFone.3026

We’ve heard this before though, as in last feature patch, and here we are again hearing about bug fixes in the works. A lot of players were pretty bummed last time around, I’d say if it goes the same way again most will just give up hope. I’m pretty casual and overall still love the game, even if you guys can’t seem to handle the mesmer class, like at all, so you could probably get away with not delivering again, which I’m sure you’re aware of.

Anyways, not sure what the goal of your post was, but if it was to raise hopes you probably ought to deliver this time around, just from the point of view of running a good ship that you can feel proud of.

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

I really appreciate the response. Thanks! It’s great to see. Since some of the bugs seem like they should be easy fixes, I’m a little more inclined to take the under!

I’d also like to clarify, though: for most of these bugs, the main problem is not that we think they’re not getting attention. It’s that we believe that the developers aren’t actually able to fix them. We don’t have faith in the development team’s ability here. Or at least, I don’t, anyway. As others have said, this could very well just be because phantasms and clones and teleports are hard to fix—I certainly like to think it’s not a matter of competence!—but whatever the reason, the bugs have persisted (in some cases despite repeated developer attempts to fix them).

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

(edited by One Note Chord.5031)

shadow.6174

Yeah, a lot was promised on last Feature Patch but only a few was delivered, even worse it was which new ones were introduced later… I still have hopes at least some of those bugs will be smashed and some QoL annoyances removed, but I’m not all excited about it actually, just trying to keep realistic so I don’t get big frustrations later. Still looking forward to see what’s coming regarding this though.

Oh and please remove that swiftness limitation on Temporal Curtain (or find a better alternative), it sux being the slowest in a group :P

(edited by shadow.6174)

frifox.5283

Got centaur runes failing to apply swiftness on video:

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Martin, a previous developer detailed which of the bugs in our old compiled list was intended behavior versus actual bugs. This was extremely helpful.

Would it be possible to get someone to take a quick crack at our current list to do this?

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Got centaur runes failing to apply swiftness on video:

O.o That’s nuts. I use centaur runes + mantra on my mesmer all the time and it’s always worked, no problem.

You were able to reproduce it reliably a couple of times there — was there a trick to getting them to fail?

frifox.5283

Yeah, though I don’t think it’s a bug with a mesmer class. The bug seems more basic than that.

Basically, equipping an armor piece with Centaur rune while you’re dead will stop the swiftness from being applied when you respawn. Unequipping and re-equipping the amor piece/rune will re-enable the effect. How-to:

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

• The Warden will continue reflecting projectiles for about 1 or 2 seconds after the whirl animation is done.

I think this may be fixed. During Alphard I was using untraited wardens in the middle and timed 2 wardens perfectly. However I noticed I am now taking damage within that 1 second after warden stops whirling. Consequently I had to use 3 wardens (even with phantasmal haste).

I also noticed this when take damage from lupi’s aoe immediately after a traited warden stopped whirling.

Could you re-test?

frifox.5283

Tested and nah, it still reflects after animation is done.

Posted by: Kohlteth.3715

Kohlteth.3715

Back on front page for you

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

Once more into the breach, dear thread!

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

So, clearly some stuff is getting changed, some stuff is getting fixed, some will get unfixed, some will get fixed again, and so on.

What I’d love to see after the feature patch:

• We are diligent about updating the list at the top, giving credit when ANet fixes stuff and giving them a hard time if something new is broken.
  • Give it 2-3 weeks before collating a new list of remaining bugs, which should start a new thread.

The goal of this thread is to improve the playability (and fun) of the profession, so let’s keep focused on that.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

frifox.5283

No need to create another thread, I’ll keep this one updated. Post patch we’ll have to double-check all the bugs to see if they were fixed, and if some did get fixed I’ll just remove them from the list.

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Give it 2-3 weeks before collating a new list of remaining bugs, which should start a new thread.

And creating a list of new bugs which came with the update.

Hopefully there will be no need for it, but it’s not too unrealistic by looking at the past.

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

No need to create another thread, I’ll keep this one updated. Post patch we’ll have to double-check all the bugs to see if they were fixed, and if some did get fixed I’ll just remove them from the list.

If you need help validating anything, l let me know. I know I’ll personally be checking a few I’ve long been waiting for.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

I’m pretty busy working at the moment but I’ll revisit the friendly projectile reflection bug. However, I doubt anything will change since it was considered as working as intended for whatever reason.

Relshdan.6854

lol….thread died and relegated to page 4 (almost 5)….but the true test comes in a few days.

i still bet we end up w/ more bugs post patch than before (tampering with clone deaths will be a big one). you’ll have your work cut out for ya, frifox.

MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Relshdan.6854)

frifox.5283

Not exactly “died” but rather everyone holding their breath till the patch comes to actually see if ANet kept their word.

frifox.5283

Time to test for bugs and fixes!

I’m currently in a middle of a work project and my gw2 playtime is very limited, but I’ll see what I can do when I do get on. If anyone can help out, feel free!

Posted by: Death Slayer.1468

Death Slayer.1468

Sadly the #9 bug is still in game, however they did not anounce a fix for it

What I did was, let the Elite Icebrood Wolf(host) summon a minion using it’s leap attack, then make the “host” get out of combat and then I’ll just attacked the summon that was following me

Also noticed that when trying this out, if I agro the “host” the illusions will change there target to the host instead of the summon, only when the host is in the range for the illusion, makes no sense for me, my illusions are usless against summoned enemies

Attachments:

shadow.6174

Maybe it’s me and I have tested it in depth but I feel the Wardens and clones are acting better now, they seems more responsive and hardly stands in place. But as I said, it’s just a feeling, if anyone can test it properly…

And in case someone didn’t see it and also to help keeping track of them…

BALANCE, BUG-FIXING, POLISH

Profession Skills

Mesmer

• Triumphant Distortion:
    • This trait now gives summoned phantasms 1 second of distortion on creation, in addition to the existing distortion on kill.
  • Debilitating Dissipation:
    • Bleeding on this trait has been reduced from 3 stacks for 5 seconds to 2 stacks for 4 seconds.
  • Prismatic Understanding:
    • This trait is now applies swiftness for 3 seconds and might for 5 seconds in addition to its previous boons.
  • Illusionary Elasticity:
    • This trait now functions with clones using Winds of Chaos.
  • Maim the Disillusioned:
    • Increased the torment duration from 4 seconds to 6 seconds.
  • Illusionary Leap:
    • This skill now creates the clone adjacent to the mesmer’s target instead of at the mesmer’s location. The initial cast of this skill no longer acts as a Leap finisher, though Swap retains its leap functionality. Added messaging if the skill is cast out of range of the target.
  • Illusionary Warden:
    • Fixed a bug that caused this phantasm to follow one target while trying to attack another target at the same time.
    • Fixed a bug that caused the projectile absorption from this skill to last longer than its animation.
    • Fixed a bug that caused this phantasm to reflect unblockable missiles.
  • Mind Stab:
    • Increased the radius of the attack to 240. Increased the damage of the attack by 17%.
  • Mantra of Pain:
    • Power Spike:
      • This skill now affects up to 5 foes within 240 units of the target.
  • Mantra of Distraction
    • Power Lock:
      • This skill now affects up to 5 foes within 180 units of the target.
  • Illusion of Life:
    • This skill can now be used underwater, centered on the mesmer’s location.
  • Ether Bolt:
    • This skill now inflicts 2 seconds of torment on hit. This change also affects mesmer scepter clones that use Ether Bolt.
  • Ether Blast:
    • This skill now inflicts 3 seconds of torment on hit.
  • Mimic:
    • Mimic now will copies all boons from the target foe to the player.
  • Mesmer clones now spawn with the correct weapon even if the casting player swaps weapons.
  • Confusing Combatants:
    • The effects of this trait can now be blocked, dodged, or blinded.
  • Crippling Dissipation:
  • Debilitating Dissipation:
  • Illusionary Whaler:
    • Fixed a bug that allowed this ability to be cast without a target.
  • Illusionary Mariner:
    • Fixed a bug that allowed this ability to be cast without a target.
  • The Prestige:
    • Removed an unused range skill fact.
  • Illusionary Duelist:
    • Fixed an incorrect damage skill fact.
  • Dazzling:
    • Fixed a bug in which this trait would not display the vulnerability applied for Counter Blade, Diversion, Magic Bullet, or Power Lock.
    • Fixed a bug that prevented this trait from functioning when used in conjunction with the racial skills Technobabble and Shriek (Become the Raven).
  • Warden’s Feedback:
    • Fixed a bug that caused projectiles reflected by Illusionary Warden to sometimes miss their targets.
  • Mantras:
    • Fixed a bug that allowed players to have mantra charges when the associated mantra was not equipped.
  • Blink:
    • Fixed a bug that allowed this skill to be equipped while underwater when traited with Far-Reaching Manipulations.
  • Winds of Chaos:
    • Fixed a bug that caused this skill to only inflict 5 seconds of bleeding instead of 7 when used by clones.
  • Illusionary Counter:
    • Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from receiving reduced recharge when traited with Malicious Sorcery in certain situations.
  • Decoy:
    • Fixed a bug that allowed this skill to stealth the player when they were revealed.
  • Desperate Decoy:
    • Fixed a bug that allowed this trait to stealth the player when they were revealed.
  • Confusing Cry:
    • Fixed a bug that prevented this trait from working in conjunction with Illusionary Persona.
  • Shattered Conditions:
    • Fixed a bug that prevented this trait from working in conjunction with Illusionary Persona.
  • Shattered Strength:
  • Maim the Disillusioned:
    • Fixed a bug that caused the torment skill fact to display incorrect damage numbers.
  • Slipstream:
    • Added an Unblockable skill fact.
  • Harmonious Mantras:
    • Fixed a bug that caused mesmers to retain extra mantra charges after unequipping this trait.

frifox.5283

Well, #@%^… Phantasmal Haste is broken for Warden once again…

shadow.6174

So, have someone been able to check if any of issues were fixed? Or if more were added? I have noted a slight improvement about iWarden and some other clones, but I still see they stand still at times, less than before though. I can’t tell for sure since I didn’t test them intently.

frifox.5283

Many were fixed. In fact, I actually am happy in the state mesmer is in now. Quite a relief that so many broken stuff got fixed. I probably should edit OP and remove bugs that aren’t an issue anymore and add the 2 new bugs that got introduced, the warden + ph. haste and the phase retreat being a projectile.

Btw was it always the case but I’m noticing that Defender will try and often miss his first attack. It’s as it he has trouble positioning himself for the 1st attack or his attack radius is not as big as intended.

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Just a couple notes for update:

QoL 12: Decoy interrupts actions because it applies stealth. This functionality is consistent with all other stealth-applying skills in the game…and makes logical sense. Removing this would suck.

Bug 20: This is not a perplexity rune bug. This is a interrupt/basilisk venom bug. The coding for basi venom causes you to interrupt yourself, and this will proc any on-interrupt actions that you have access to. I don’t actually know if this bug got fixed, but I’d assume it didn’t.

shadow.6174

Too bad Temporal Curtain isn’t going to have any changes, it was already stated it was intended but it still sux not being able to get swiftness. Like a few days ago, I got slowed down for a bit because I crossed the curtain with 1 sec of swiftness left and had to wait the cooldown until I could get more :S

That’s nice to hear the most of them got fixed. As I said I noted some improvement but I couldn’t realize which ones. Yes, the list should be updated then we can easily know what’s left and what was added.

frifox.5283

Edited OP. Anything with a “(?)” in the title has not been tested/confirmed post Sept 9 patch.

frifox.5283

Also, replaced #1 (warden) with appropriate bug description and added #32 (staff 2).

Posted by: Death Slayer.1468

Death Slayer.1468

21. Number of active illusions indicator (?)
I have had this to happen after the 9/9 feature pack, not sure what causes this but I got it during soloing champs.

31. Magic Bullet goes on CD if used after dodge/moving (?)
Yes it is still happening, atleast when I did the moving part, I did not test the dodge, but it is most likley it is also buggy.