No fractal skin box ever dropped. Proof? API!

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

Hello,

To this day the fractal skin box did not drop at all. No one ever got this item.

All rare items, from unique skins to precursors to ascended weapon boxes drop all day and no one is complaining about them missing. Also, they are indeed listed in the API.

When I run the API to fetch all known items, nothing similar to the fractal skin box is present.

Could you please perform a double-check that the box is indeed on the loot table and accessible to us?

Thanks!

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: Atticus.7194

Atticus.7194

I really do think this needs to be looked into as well, I know a ton of people who run high level fractals quite a bit and they’ve never had a new skin drop either.

It would be far easier if you just make the skins purchasable with relics for fairly high prices but god knows thats never going to happen.

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

This is not considered a bug.

The Fractal Skin Box is not dropping for the Fractal levels currently available (up to level 50).

It’s not accessible to anyone at this time.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

Posted by: Thorquist.8126

Thorquist.8126

Thanks for clarifying that. It saved me a lot of time from leveling fotm. Not with these rewards, and not with this lenght of ‘upgraded’ fractals, where no real change was made apart from the bigger damage and quantity of the mobs.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

The Fractal Skin Box is not dropping for the Fractal levels currently available (up to level 50).

This is the most disappointing thing I’ve read today after how bad the WvW Season 1 Reward Chest drops are. sigh

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Also, at higher Fractal levels the weapon skins become more common, and also start dropping in a container that lets you pick the one you want.

Nothing was mentioned about these higher levels not currently existing.

The carrot on a stick isn’t even attached to the stick yet.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Why did you bother making this part of your update announcements then, considering you weren’t even implementing it yet as said levels don’t even exist?

Posted by: JohnnySupernova.9182

JohnnySupernova.9182

I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re not even in the game at all and this is just trying to save face.

Posted by: Almdudler.8621

Almdudler.8621

Thanks for announcing something, bringing up my hopes and then just not implementing it. Seriously fractals rewards are so out of balance. As soon I get my sword (which probably will take years) I will never visit this place again.

Posted by: Bezs Maracas.3425

Bezs Maracas.3425

So an announced feature that isn’t actually available… that’s one great way to release awesome updates that nobody has to ever see.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Why did you bother making this part of your update announcements then, considering you weren’t even implementing it yet as said levels don’t even exist?

I don’t think there is a satisfying answer to this question.

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

This makes my head hurt, it also makes me want to not spend a single penny in the gemstore ever again just out of principle.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

Well this is really disappointing news.

Posted by: raahk.2786

raahk.2786

HAHAHA
Are you serious?
The only reason people run fractals is to get these weapons. Doesn’t this mean that they aren’t even available now?
To think the one good thing about the “Fractured” update doesn’t even exist yet.

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

Wow. Just… wow.

Why even include it in the patch notes? This is maximum level kittened and an awful design change. Make it from level 40+.

noice

Zedd.8239

HAHAHA
Are you serious?
The only reason people run fractals is to get these weapons. Doesn’t this mean that they aren’t even available now?
To think the one good thing about the “Fractured” update doesn’t even exist yet.

Reread what she said. She said the Fractal Skin Boxes aren’t available yet. You can still get a random fractal weapon skin when you get the daily chest.

The boxes in question let you choose the skin you want. Right now nothing has really changed. You still have a chance to get a random skin.

(edited by Zedd.8239)

raahk.2786

HAHAHA
Are you serious?

Reread what she said. She said the Fractal Skin Boxes aren’t available yet. You can still get a random fractal weapon skin when you get the daily chest. The boxes let you choose the skin you want. Right now nothing has really changed. You still have a chance to get a random skin.

Oh good, so I can still at least -attempt- to get a weapon. That I’d want. Instead of having a chance at getting a box that’d let me pick the weapon that I’d want.

My point still stands, as do others; why even say that you’ve added something that people would want, if it’s not even in the game yet?

Zedd.8239

Oh good, so I can still at least -attempt- to get a weapon. That I’d want. Instead of having a chance at getting a box that’d let me pick the weapon that I’d want.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m still disappointed that we can’t even get those boxes yet. But at least we can attempt to get a random weapon skin still. So that’s something.

(edited by Zedd.8239)

raahk.2786

Don’t get me wrong. I’m still disappointed that we can’t even get those boxes yet. But at least we can attempt to get a random weapon skin still So that’s something.

So nothings’ changed, outside of the addition of making some fractals harder than they already were, without actually balancing anything that already existed in fractals prior to the update. Great.

Posted by: Yamagawa.5941

Yamagawa.5941

Wow. Just… wow.

Why even include it in the patch notes? This is maximum level kittened and an awful design change. Make it from level 40+.

I see no mention of the fractal skin boxes in the patch notes.

I see it here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/fractured/Skin-acquirement-needs-to-stay-hard/first#post3228429

Which to be fair, doesn’t indicate explicitly when the boxes appear, but implicitly places them with the update, by being in the sub-forum for the update. An easy slip for someone to make, but one that sets expectations that weren’t going to be met..

:s

//Portable Corpse

Zedd.8239

So nothings’ changed, outside of the addition of making some fractals harder than they already were, without actually balancing anything that already existed in fractals prior to the update. Great.

As far as getting fractal skins, yeah. Nothing has currently changed there. But numerous fractals have had updates, the daily chests do have better rewards than they used to by including gold, and numerous glitches/bugs have been fixed throughout.

Posted by: Noerknhar.3826

Noerknhar.3826

You are kidding, right? There is this update where fractals get patched and the 2 things that somehow matter for us are a) rewards and b) skins. It was anounced that fractals will be worth to run in terms of gold and then we get like 1gold for the ENTIRE RUN? And then: It was anounced that skins drop in boxes so that you can chose your skin of choice. AND THEN THEY CANT EVEN DROP YET?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

Okay, I’ll calm down. Calm down Noerknhar. Calm down. But now seriously: for GODS SAKE what on earth made you think it was a good idea to anounce a freaking fractal skin box if it can’t even drop yet?!

Enuerus Derune – Necromancer, Sylvari
[NO] ~ Ponys Will Never Die

Posted by: Loco.5739

Loco.5739

I am one of the person who was running fractals since Fractured patch hoping to get fractal weapon gearbox. Now there is nothing to do in fractalst again. I am completetly disappointed.

[SC]

Posted by: Ronin Chi.6824

Ronin Chi.6824

While we’re talking about Fractals rewards, can you clear something up please… Are Infused rings supposed to have a filled slot or not? I’ve had about six (Infused) rings since the update and none of them have had the +5. I get the whole slot change, but are they supposed to be dropping with two empty slots? If so, why do they say (infused), it’s just misleading.

Posted by: JanoRis.8703

JanoRis.8703

While we’re talking about Fractals rewards, can you clear something up please… Are Infused rings supposed to have a filled slot or not? I’ve had about six (Infused) rings since the update and none of them have had the +5. I get the whole slot change, but are they supposed to be dropping with two empty slots? If so, why do they say (infused), it’s just misleading.

Only prepatch Infused rings are supposed to have the +5 integrated. New infused ring drops or the rings after infusing, have the 2nd infusion slot (and that’s why they are still called differently…they have 2 infusion slots and not one). If every infused ring had a a +5 already inside, it would make no sense to have +1-4 infusions exist. Those +5 were only added so old fractal players would still have the same AR after patch release

(edited by JanoRis.8703)

Posted by: Nar.8327

Nar.8327

I see no mention of the fractal skin boxes in the patch notes.

I see it here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/fractured/Skin-acquirement-needs-to-stay-hard/first#post3228429

Which to be fair, doesn’t indicate explicitly when the boxes appear, but implicitly places them with the update, by being in the sub-forum for the update. An easy slip for someone to make, but one that sets expectations that weren’t going to be met..

:s

//Portable Corpse

Honestly, it struck me as weird that something that you would think would be a major highlight of the fractal update could only be found by digging through the release forum and was not mentioned anywhere on the patch notes or release page. Seems like what Anthony meant to say was that there were plans and even work being done to make that a feature in the future, but he did so in a way that implied that it would be available in the update.

As someone who really was looking forward to this, it’s disappointing, but I’m willing to believe it was an innocent mistake.

Posted by: Various Meat Products.4371

Various Meat Products.4371

Most of you guys seem pretty bitter about this, but I think this is great news. Why? Because I can go back to not doing fractals again! I can stop deluding myself into thinking fractals are a worthwhile, enjoyable experience, and instead be content in knowing that I am no longer persuaded into doing this unfun slog multiple times every day. What a relief!

P.S. Just make skins purchasable with pristine relics you schmucks.

Posted by: Phunkadelic.3462

Phunkadelic.3462

Pair the misleading announcement of the weapon box with the terribly disappointing WvW season chest rewards and… Wow. I’ve just experienced a the biggest let down I’ve had since playing SW:TOR. I don’t know whether to be disappointed or embarrassed.

I know that the developers work hard (and I respect that), but did anyone think about the repercussions of publicly introducing a highly desired item then following up the introduction with a, “not really, though,” type of statement?

What happened with the weapon box is similar to introducing a new zone to the game without actually making it accessible to the players. What happened with the WvW chest is similar to going to the company Christmas party and being told the meal served to you was your Christmas bonus, and it cost half the amount of money you spent on gas to get to the party.

C’mon, guys… I really wanna love this game and continue to enjoy it, but when stunts like this happen it makes me want to shut off the computer until another desirable MMO is released.

Phunktastic – Mesmer of The Legendary High Council [TlhC]
North America, Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted by: JohnnySupernova.9182

JohnnySupernova.9182

Most of you guys seem pretty bitter about this, but I think this is great news. Why? Because I can go back to not doing fractals again! I can stop deluding myself into thinking fractals are a worthwhile, enjoyable experience, and instead be content in knowing that I am no longer persuaded into doing this unfun slog multiple times every day. What a relief!

P.S. Just make skins purchasable with pristine relics you schmucks.

The update has been pretty bad if you are a dedicated fractal runner. This is the cherry on top of the poop sundae for a lot of people.

Posted by: ReizVolle.5137

ReizVolle.5137

Oh. BTW, What’s with Non-Infused Rings Dropping at high 40’s? Wasn’t there pretty much a 100% chance that anything above ‘x’ level would by infused? I mean… if you cant break rings down in the forge or by kits…. you really shouldn’t need a non-infused ring at lvl 48…

raahk.2786

Pair the misleading announcement of the weapon box with the terribly disappointing WvW season chest rewards and… Wow. I’ve just experienced a the biggest let down I’ve had since playing SW:TOR. I don’t know whether to be disappointed or embarrassed.

I know that the developers work hard (and I respect that), but did anyone think about the repercussions of publicly introducing a highly desired item then following up the introduction with a, “not really, though,” type of statement?

What happened with the weapon box is similar to introducing a new zone to the game without actually making it accessible to the players. What happened with the WvW chest is similar to going to the company Christmas party and being told the meal served to you was your Christmas bonus, and it cost half the amount of money you spent on gas to get to the party.

C’mon, guys… I really wanna love this game and continue to enjoy it, but when stunts like this happen it makes me want to shut off the computer until another desirable MMO is released.

I wanna know what happened before this.
Why the manifesto was dead on arrival.

Posted by: KodChim.5670

KodChim.5670

That’s so typical.

Posted by: ordeal.9145

ordeal.9145

So in the end you lied to us, sorry said somthing that can be inturpted in more than one way to please us. The only real reward for constant players in fractal is not given for the sole reason to keep them playing and hoping what they want will come.

I lost faith in you areanet realy this is a low i didnt expect from a player friendly game and i can never say i can trust you again if all you want us is to keep playing with no real way to get our time worth beside praying.

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

Well done, ANet. Recently, you have been showing to many beginner developers how not to treat their customers. Can’t wait for the Spring 2014.

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

Posted by: LostInSmoke.2590

LostInSmoke.2590

Can you get a bit more specific here? Is it not available just because they haven’t been added yet, like Ascended armor drops, or is fractal weapon boxes not available because they will be a higher than 50 fotm level drop?

Posted by: LostInSmoke.2590

LostInSmoke.2590

Oh. BTW, What’s with Non-Infused Rings Dropping at high 40’s? Wasn’t there pretty much a 100% chance that anything above ‘x’ level would by infused? I mean… if you cant break rings down in the forge or by kits…. you really shouldn’t need a non-infused ring at lvl 48…

Yes, at fotm 26 and above, you used to only get infused rings. You can check Dulfy or Wiki to confirm that.

I’d also like to know why non-infused rings are dropping in 31+

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

So at what level WILL they start to drop? 50+? 60+? 190+? Will we ever see this feature live in the, say, coming year? 10 years? Why even EVER mention it as a new, exciting thing and hype about it and then just not make it available during the big fractal update? Who thought it was a great idea to stick to the random skins anyway, even for low level fractal? So many ppl got 5 fractal focuses or 7 tridents or whatever and they still can’t be sure they ever get the single skin they’ve been hoping for for over a year now. “This is not considered a bug” but it stinks. Even more so than “we’re gonna balance fractals, they should typically take 20-30 mins to complete” and then make Dredge twice as annoying and even longer than it ever was.

Posted by: Almdudler.8621

Almdudler.8621

So many ppl got 5 fractal focuses

You know whats funny, that I actually have 5 focuses which I use (different sigill) but havent got a single sword in all my runs. I got every weapon by now and just need the sword. I was so happy when that one guy was talking about weapon containers, i stopped doing fracs until update. I cant express how disappointed I am now.

Posted by: Yamagawa.5941

Yamagawa.5941

Paradox:

I suspect we won’t be long waiting for skin boxes.
I’ve (deliberately) not followed official notes on ascended/legendary armors, to the point of changing topics (sometimes quite rudely, I apologize) when the topic came up, so there are bound to be better informed individuals around. With that in mind, the pattern has been for ascended gear to include a capacity to carry agony resistance. If the new armors each carry one resist slot, that puts easily another 30-40 AR into our possession, and more than 20 mistlock instabilities were data mined – the higher levels have been at least planned out and I think we’ll have a way to get at them…. Perhaps as early as next week. Perhaps a few weeks after the armors and legendaries update, to let us players get back on stable ground before throwing new content at us.

Given the tie in of fractals to the new living story, we’ll probably see the other levels released with their own living-story elements.

Posted by: Winzzy.9435

Winzzy.9435

Why on earth would you put into your preview something that is not in the game. The is a colossal tease and massive poor decision in my opinion. There was never any mention that skins would drop in boxes at fractal levels not out yet, just that they would now drop.

Posted by: Dogger.1867

Dogger.1867

Fractal rewards are not being handled correctly at all. I’m sitting here at Lv:50 now with absolutely zero incentive to ever go back in there.

Posted by: Selenya.6410

Selenya.6410

Fractal rewards are not being handled correctly at all. I’m sitting here at Lv:50 now with absolutely zero incentive to ever go back in there.

Same here and has been a week now kinda. We kept farming fract 49 anyday for the +1ARs and mainly for the hell of it :p But my teamamates feel the same as you. To not mention getting uninfused rings on 40 scale, not that we care at this rate but hey…
This update not been so great as I expected :/

Nexon = Advanced Cancer

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Ah. Giveth with one hand while they taketh with the other.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: arkealia.2713

arkealia.2713

And the gold reward at the end is too low compared to what you can get from dungeons in the same length of time.

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

How anyone at Anet thought it was acceptable to mention Fractal Weapon boxes, then not implement them, and then taking almost 2 weeks to give a single comment about the issue is beyond me.

This update is a bigger train wreck than I thought it would be, and my expectations were already disgustingly low.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Posted by: sacrilegiouschaos.1053

sacrilegiouschaos.1053

let me say this,
releasing content that is not finished, get peoples’ hopes up just to shatter it, using shoddy tactics, and being extremely greedy will not give your game a good impression ANET. I respect and like your game and despite this I can definitely play it, but when you try to turn your game into something strictly for profit, it will take the franchise to the depths of hell. At the same time, I don’t want to bust my kitten for nothing or to do crafting everyday constantly so you can make a quick buck. Know the fine line between quality and profit. It is ok to make money off of it, but not ok to make it only for profit, you will destroy this game fast. I am not suggesting any content, just be aware of what you are doing and make it exciting and fun for people. Crafting is fun for some people, but it costs a lot, be extremely repetitive, and you can come out making nothing out of it

Posted by: Incomingray.8075

Incomingray.8075

You could at least apologize for faking everyone out completely. Terrible.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Come on now guys, what did we really expect?

We who do dungeons are not the part of the community on the priority list. There has not been meaningful feedback on the dungeon forums in a long time. Which dev would even be able to leave feedback as there is no dungeon team.

It has been turned into and replaced by a ‘living story’ team. This is their real priority here. Keeping the people who play the game maybe once every week or so, returning to drop some money on the cash shop. Real world money, not gold they received doing dungeons. This is the nature of a business, they need to make money.

We got thrown a fractal update but it’s a trojan horse. We were fooled. At the end of the day, this ‘dungeon’ which many will say really isn’t a dungeon, will be placed on the shelf much like the new Twilight Arbor Forward/Up path. Not rewarding enough for the input of time.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: Factotum.2093

Factotum.2093

Final Rest not dropping was also not considered a bug until the day when they fixed it.

But they insisted (for months) that one wasn’t bugged and could drop. At least for this one they acknowledge it doesn’t. I guess that’s an improvement of sorts.

Posted by: Liz.5921

Liz.5921

Well I did get a fractal pistol the other day…

Veliya Elyse of [ARES]
Human Elementalist <3
Dragonbrand U.S.