Purchased DDU; Mistfire Wolf still greyed out [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Maelon.2615

Maelon.2615

I hear a lot of people are having this problem. I purchased the 2000 gem digital upgrade where you get the pet, some honor and influence bonuses. The pet I found in my collections tab, however the mistfire wolf skill is still greyed out. I hear if I create a new char it works on the new char (i’ve not tried it) but my existing is level 40 and i’m not going to wipe them just for this:) Any idea if this is a known issue?

Incident #: 120901-014422

(edited by Maelon.2615)

Posted by: RaiVa.5643

RaiVa.5643

Hello i bought the Digital Deluxe upgrade ( i was playing with my level 30 Elementalist), I got all the items: the golem, and the other 3 items. But they icon of the mistfire wolf is grayed out can not be selected for any reason with the character i bought the digital upgrade, I Can use the elite with my other characters , but not with my elementalist, this really upsets me.
I already submit a ticket and send the bug report in game, i checked online and there are a lot of gamers with the same problem. Yes i have all the prev reqs before able to use the elite is just grayed out for my main.

anyone else have the same issue? or know how to fix it?

Bought the digital deluxe, Can not use elite mistwolf [Incident: 120904-009057]

Maelon.2615

Same issue here
Incident: 120901-014422

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

Thanks for the report! I’ve passed this on to to be investigated. Hopefully, we’ll get a fix for you soon.

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

RaiVa.5643

Hello , i have the same problem, i really hope they are working quick on this bug is really annoying, works with all the characters but no with the one you bought the upgrade. i dont wipe my character too, but why they at least dont answer that this is gonna be fixed?

RaiVa.5643

Thank you Jasson , im not the only one with this problem , if you google it lot of peopple are really upset , nobody wants to reset their character of level 30 or 50.

Maelon.2615

We understand there are bigger issues to tackle. I just wanted to make sure ANet can confirm a bug on this so we don’t all keep reporting it.

Posted by: LampGhost.9658

LampGhost.9658

Hello all

i have reported this bug multiple times of the past 1.5 week, but still nothing has changed. I have purchased the premium upgrade, and was hoping to get the mistfire wolf elite skill… i am around level 65 now, and this skill still is not unlocked.

I think it is very poor that these kind of bugs are not solved. Yes, i do know that not every bug can be instantly solved, but people actually pay for this upgrade, and it is still being sold, even though there has been reported it contains bugs.

Black Lion Key [AIM]
~ Desolation

Posted by: mightus.2189

mightus.2189

theres another post that they said they r sorting this out and they are aware of it

LampGhost.9658

My main question was, if there were more people on the forums with this problem. People who bought the IN GAME premium upgrade after pre-order?

For the team; when are you guys planning on working on this? to me the whole point of the upgrade is gone now that i’ve unlocked my racials. I have wasted my money on this since i would definitely not purchase this upgrade if i knew the wolf would not work from level 30-60/

Black Lion Key [AIM]
~ Desolation

LampGhost.9658

@mightus, that is very nice. but that does not answer why the team still sells the item, knowing there is a bug in it? It’s like selling a broken product without telling it is broken.

Black Lion Key [AIM]
~ Desolation

Posted by: mightus.2189

mightus.2189

some have said it works on alts but not their mains but i feel for u as thats what u paid for and its broke and now pretty much useless. this is the main reason why i wont pay for collectors editions as u never know whats gonna happen and im happy with my wolf/raven/bear elite skills as i think they r awesome themselfs but ive not seen the mistfire so cant pass judgement lol

LampGhost.9658

I do not have a main around level 30 yet, so i will have to find that out later. Thanks for your replies anyway, it was kind of stupid of me to put this as a q/a question. I do not really mind about paying a little extra since i love the fact i do not have to pay monthly fees or what so ever. It would just be nice if it worked, and even if it does not: do not continue selling it.

Black Lion Key [AIM]
~ Desolation

Posted by: donjusto.8041

donjusto.8041

Good afternoon, I have the same problem too, I hope you soon and help us solve

Posted by: Kronar.1452

Kronar.1452

Reference Number: 120902-002696

I bought Digital Deluxe with in-game Gems. I received all the items you would normally get for it. I am now level 65 with my main character, and since level 30 I was unable to get the Summon Mistfire Wolf skill. It is in my skill list, but it is greyed out. When I try to select it on my skill bar for the elite skill, it is still greyed out.

Is there another way to attain this skill? Am I missing something?

I noticed a couple of other questions on here about this but don’t see where they got merged/moved too, or if there is a central answer to this. Please private message me if there is a link to a forum post!

Thanks.

Posted by: ShinReska.9354

ShinReska.9354

I’m have the same problem. I’m almost 40 and have two other Elite skills, but the mistfire wolf is still grayed out.

Posted by: Geminichild.3402

Geminichild.3402

I have been having the same problem with this and getting 3 of the items for most of my other characters

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

You have to buy the skill with skill points until you do it will be greyed out.

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

Kronar.1452

I cannot buy it with skill points. It’s in my skill bar, but I cannot purchase it with skill points. That’s why I wanna know if I need something else or not.

Posted by: CorpraSalaith.8912

CorpraSalaith.8912

You don’t purchase the Summon Mistfire Wolf Elite skill, it’s a freebe with the upgraded editions. I have the same problem. Just hit 30 and the skill is greyed out. I have the CE and never got my other digital items either. My boyfriend has the DDE and even though he is not lvl 30, his Summon Mistfire Wolf skill is full color and unlocked, he’s just not big enough to equip it yet. I’m assuming at this point it’s a known issue. We just have to give it some time. Updates every night say they’re assisting 2,000 + players back into the game for various things (hacks, account/login issues, etc) we’ll get ours eventually

Posted by: Megawar.1528

Megawar.1528

same issue , skill is available to character made after ddu purchase bt not those made before (greyed out but unlocked).

Posted by: Valaris.1324

Valaris.1324

I am having this problem as well.

[Incident: 120902-004810]

Kronar.1452

Yeah – I’d love to know that it’s a known issue/they are working towards a fix. I’m not really in any rush, as my necro elites are pretty useful, I’d just like to see that they are working towards a fix (and I also wanna see it first-hand)

Posted by: berwyn.3892

berwyn.3892

I’ve been receiving this error as well. Bought my update before I entered my CD key (bought it during head start) if that affects anything.

Posted by: Julian.8326

Julian.8326

Same here, I upgraded my account to the Digital Deluxe edition 5 days ago, and since then I’m not able to use the Mistfire Wolf elite skill with my now lvl 41 character Marcus Ironforge. The skill appears grayed out and I cannot select it.

I noticed that my other characters (Anneke, Tawnos the Thran and Ibn Fadlan), although they are not lvl 30 yet, the skill is NOT grayed out, so I guess I will be able to use it with them once they reach lvl 30. The character Marcus Ironforge was the one I was using at the time I upgraded the account, via the gem store.

I think we’d all appreciate some feedback regarding this. I sent a support ticket 4 days ago and still no news.

Reference # 120831-016360

Marcus Ironforge ~ Norn Ranger
Alianza Argentina [ARG] @ Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted by: Atomos.3849

Atomos.3849

Also have this problem.

Posted by: Ribz.1490

Ribz.1490

Me and a couple of friends upgraded to deluxe edition through the gem store and we got everything, except the elite skill which is still greyed out, we’ve relogged and it is still the same problem, this is only happening on our current accounts, however if we make a new one it is unlocked but not usuable until lvl 30.

Please fix this.
Thank you

Ribz.1490

Posted by: WyvernHawk.9603

WyvernHawk.9603

Also having the same issue, upgraded in game with purchased gems to get the mistfire wolf skill and it’s unavailable. Also going to point out that on the black lion trading screen with the in game upgrade option, it specifically lists access to that ability as one of the perks of the upgrade. Submitted a ticket both in game and via support, would also like to know what the eta for a response is.

That said, I expect some bugs in any mmo launch and this is the best mmorpg I’ve played to date, ranking up there with pre trials of atlantis daoc, which I consider to be the mmo pvp golden age. If my issue gets fixed I plan to spend at least ten or more dollars a month on in game stuff to show both my appreciation and support.

Posted by: Masquerade.9850

Masquerade.9850

Purchased the Digital Deluxe upgrade with gems from the Black Lion Trading Company. The Mistfire Wolf skill is greyed out on my main character (Level 61) which was the one i purchased the upgrade on, however it is in my skill list on my alt who is not high enough level to use it yet.
I received everything else fine.
Look forward to hearing a response on this issue.

Posted by: Lanvrik.5672

Lanvrik.5672

Ditto.

#120905-002680

Posted by: Nikse.8506

Nikse.8506

Same problem here:
#120903-003962

Thank you

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

Same issue here. Mistfire wolf did not become available after upgrading to the Digital Deluxe (on my level 70 main character). Also, as a side note, the Tome of Glory didn’t give any Glory… less of an issue, but still a bug related to the Deluxe upgrade.

Posted by: Tatumi.8654

Tatumi.8654

The Mistwolf did NOT unlock (still grayed out) on my level 80 character.

It did however unlock (not grayed out) on my two level 1 characters which I already made before getting the upgrade.

I did not submit a support ticket yet, as it seems this is a common issue.

Posted by: shadie.2015

shadie.2015

i also have this issue and reported it a week ago, still no reply from ArenaNet

Summon Mistfire Wolf Elite Skill [Incident: 120831-010600]?

Posted by: Nefillium.1578

Nefillium.1578

Subject: My Mistfire Wolf elite skill cant be used
Reference # 120902-003568

Ive same issue.

Kind Regards.

Posted by: Dometik.9140

Dometik.9140

Forgive for my English!
I bought through diamonds a premium an account in hope to gain unique ability, to be exact wolves. But when using given out to me by mail things, and remained closed for me ability to call wolves. Please deal with it.
Yours faithfully

Attachments:

RaiVa.5643

So its offical its a real bad bug, lets hope it gets fixed tomorrow, the ppl must write here their problem in order to been head by the arena net peopple

Posted by: AetherFox.9240

AetherFox.9240

I am experiencing the same issue. I purchased the Digital Deluxe for 2000 gems and it didn’t unlock the mistfire wolf skill for the character I was on when I purchased it. All of my other characters unlocked the skill though.

Posted by: saviorself.5640

saviorself.5640

I have also the same issue on my main character as well. I would greatly appretiate it if i could get it fixed. Really wouldnt like to delete my character.

I may be one man, but I am one man with many faces

Posted by: Ybarion.1739

Ybarion.1739

Same problem here. Bought DDE for 2K of gems in game and the skill hasn’t become available for the character I bought the DDE with.

Posted by: Zenge.7856

Zenge.7856

Same here, no skill on my 80 mesmer, but when I creat new characters, they have it.

Posted by: Asdar.9572

Asdar.9572

Here is my issue. I bought the digital upgrade in game and received my items in the mail, However my level 30 elite skill, the mist wolf is not unlocked. I am level 32 and still can not select it as a level 30 elite skill. The button has no price on it like the other elite skills do of 10 skill points but it is grayed out. Will not allow me to select it anywhere.

[Incident: 120904-008673]

Posted by: Zananos.3968

Zananos.3968

I also am having this issue. The Mistfire wolf skill is unlocked for all characters, even the norn I had before getting digital deluxe, except my asuran who is the one I purchased Digital Deluxe on. If I had known this was going to happen I would have purchased with a different character lmao. I am indeed level 30 as well and the skill is grayed out.

Posted by: jpasarela.3624

jpasarela.3624

I received this response to my ticket on the same problem:

We are very sorry to hear you have been running into this issue. We are aware that there does appear to be an issue with the Mistfire wolf skill. It can’t actually be used at all right now. We have our development and QA teams hot on the case though. So we hope to see this resolved very soon. We know it can be frustrating not having access to everything you should, but we are greatful for your patience and understanding while we work on getting this fixed.

So thank you very much for your report, and we will be hard at work getting this taken care of for you.

Regards;
Chase
Guild Wars Support Team

RaiVa.5643

We only hope that there is going to be a Fix for this, nobody delete the mains !.

RaiVa.5643

Gamers, please post here if you have the same problem, this must be fixed asap.

Posted by: death the unholy.5407

death the unholy.5407

i have a problem with this too
i updated from reg edition to deluex edition and got everything but this skill its locked out but my two other characters do have skill unlock please see to it being fixed

RaiVa.5643

Hello i bought yesterday 4000 gems for 50 dollars , then i bought the digital deluxe upgrade, i was using my ele lvl 30. i got the minipet, golem , and the 2 other items, but the Elite skill summon mistfire wolf is grey and CAN NOT be selected by my ele, however i can see it is un color and ready to be use with my other characters when they hit the level 30.
IM really upset for this i payed 50 dollars in gems and really wanted to use this elite,please answer me soon, and tell me if i need to DELETE my ele or u r going to fix that simnple bug, there are a lot of people in other forums upset with this bug too. thank you
Incident: 120904-009057

RaiVa.5643

Hello i bought yesterday 4000 gems for 50 dollars , then i bought the digital deluxe upgrade, i was using my ele lvl 30. i got the minipet, golem , and the 2 other items, but the Elite skill summon mistfire wolf is grey and CAN NOT be selected by my ele, however i can see it is un color and ready to be use with my other characters when they hit the level 30.
IM really upset for this i payed 50 dollars in gems and really wanted to use this elite,please answer me soon, and tell me if i need to DELETE my ele or u r going to fix that simnple bug, there are a lot of people in other forums upset with this bug too. thank you

Posted by: Draeyon.4392

Draeyon.4392

I have the same problem but I got the code from the Collectors Edition but it was always grayed out for me. Didn’t realise until I hit level 30 that I was unable to use it.