Purchased DDU; Mistfire Wolf still greyed out [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Dometik.9140

Dometik.9140

Excuse me so long to ovtechal. The wolf is still not available. I hope to correct in the near future. Drometrix hunter. Buying diamonds chyaerez.

(edited by Dometik.9140)

Posted by: Entheiligt.7582

Entheiligt.7582

I am having the same issue on my 80 Guardian, all my other characters have it available.

Posted by: Obscureares.2419

Obscureares.2419

Hi ! I have the same issue. I bought the upgrade for 2000 gems “ingame” a couple of days ago and the wolf is greyed for my only +30lvl. character. I don’t know if it works for the others because are under that level.

Thank u !

Posted by: VipeNess.8472

VipeNess.8472

I am too having the same issue. I had already purchased 2 elite skills btw. Also, the other items only carried over to my main character and not my other 2 characters. My other 2 characters only received the banker item.

Posted by: TheKPL.8679

TheKPL.8679

Also having the problem.I have the skill on new made character,but doesn’t have it on my level 80 toon.

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Yes it is indeed bugged for me too. For everybody then.

Let’s hope for an fix.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

VipeNess.8472

yes, me too!!! I really hope they fix this soon. they seem to be fixing this game very quickly with daily patches which is amazing btw.

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Fun fact: I have the skill on my other characters, but not on my main (the only one past level 30 and also the one I used to make the purchase).

Also you don’t need to be level 30+ to unlock this skill, but just to use it.

Posted by: RaiVa.5643

RaiVa.5643

We need to keep this post up so they can see that a lot of ppl have the same problem. dont let this post go down.

Posted by: Kalypta.1073

Kalypta.1073

Posting here as well. Bought an upgrade a couple days ago – the skill shows up on the alt but not on the main I am playing. Going to submit a ticket as well, hopefully this gets fixed soon

Posted by: Rysor.6597

Rysor.6597

Same issue for me

Posted by: Erebus.6473

Erebus.6473

Just bought the upgrade with gems and I have the same issue.

Posted by: Maelon.2615

Maelon.2615

Any update on this one by chance?

Posted by: Silasel.5809

Silasel.5809

Posting to bump the topic up. I really do hope they fix this soon! It seems so disappointing to look at the skill while leveling, but not be able to use it. I read all of the “State of the Game” notes but this wasn’t mentioned in any of them so far.

Posted by: Favor O.9523

Favor O.9523

Just posting to add the list of people who cant use this skill.
Im sure it will get fixed.

Posted by: Parasite.2647

Parasite.2647

Same exact problem purchased solely for that skill.. Should we be reporting it or simply post here to hear our cry?

Posted by: GODSENT.3851

GODSENT.3851

I have this problem too. ANet please fix this asap.

RaiVa.5643

Day 7 of no fix… anyone with more than that? i dont know why they rather fix bug quest of level 80 and dont fix something that at level 30 everyone is buying broken?

Posted by: Lordbowser.3247

Lordbowser.3247

Same problem here. Lvl 43 and greyed out Mistfire wolf

Posted by: Dawnblade.9186

Dawnblade.9186

Same issue here, upgraded ingame and unable to use the mistfire on the character that purchased the upgrade. Works on alts

Posted by: Tricia.5204

Tricia.5204

At the moment, I feel really ripped off. I paid real money to purchase the Digital Deluxe just for the skill itself and I have not been able to use it, not even once.

I opened a ticket and got the standard copy & paste replies from the support team asking me to check the wiki game status updates. That being said, I see No mistfire wolf skill bug mentioned in there or any fixes for it coming soon.

Here is part of their ticket reply,
“In the meantime, we are aware of an issue that is preventing some characters from using the Mistfire Wolf elite skill after the Digital Upgrade has been purchased. This issue is being investigated and we hope to have a fix for this as soon as possible, however, we do not have an estimated time for when it will be implemented.”

If I knew this problem existed, I would NEVER have purchased this upgrade.

There is simply NO excuse that a Known glitch is still being made avaliable for purchase, especially with real money transactions. There should at least be a little notice or announcement at the site or trading post. This is just being irresponsible.

I love your game, I really do. But I’m sorry to say that I’m very disappointed in the way you guys handled this issue. It’s just poor customer service in my opinion.

Posted by: Therier.3054

Therier.3054

Same here. Can’t use this skill. And I’m only playing one professional. And I’m nowhere going to make new one.

Kidel.2057

I totally agree with Tricia.5204
Solve this problem, or at least add a notice in the market.

This regards real money. It should have priority over fixing Zealot’s Fervor (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Update-Notes-September-9th-2012).
Also it shouldn’t be hard to fix it for players who already made the purchase. We have the skills on newly created characters, but not on the one used to buy the expansion. Just do a query to mass activate it on bugged characters.

Posted by: Evolution.8035

Evolution.8035

At the moment, I feel really ripped off. I paid real money to purchase the Digital Deluxe just for the skill itself and I have not been able to use it, not even once.

I opened a ticket and got the standard copy & paste replies from the support team asking me to check the wiki game status updates. That being said, I see No mistfire wolf skill bug mentioned in there or any fixes for it coming soon.

Here is part of their ticket reply,
“In the meantime, we are aware of an issue that is preventing some characters from using the Mistfire Wolf elite skill after the Digital Upgrade has been purchased. This issue is being investigated and we hope to have a fix for this as soon as possible, however, we do not have an estimated time for when it will be implemented.”

If I knew this problem existed, I would NEVER have purchased this upgrade.

There is simply NO excuse that a Known glitch is still being made avaliable for purchase, especially with real money transactions. There should at least be a little notice or announcement at the site or trading post. This is just being irresponsible.

I love your game, I really do. But I’m sorry to say that I’m very disappointed in the way you guys handled this issue. It’s just poor customer service in my opinion.

I’m agree with you!! This is a big problem for someone who spent their money on the DDU.

Maybe they think it was not a big deal but actually it’s !!!

Kidel.2057

we should daily bump this thread

Posted by: Sulmith Greysin.5124

Sulmith Greysin.5124

i said above somewhere that i’d just take my money back for now but honestly, this will get fixed, i know it, and you don’t need it. the main reason i bought it is so that 5 years down the road it’s not available, i can bust it out and people will say “man, wow sucks where’d you get those wolves”

and i can stroke the kitten

Posted by: barbour.3062

barbour.3062

i said above somewhere that i’d just take my money back for now but honestly, this will get fixed, i know it, and you don’t need it. the main reason i bought it is so that 5 years down the road it’s not available, i can bust it out and people will say “man, wow sucks where’d you get those wolves”

HA! It has been how long since gw1 came out? Guess what? You can still buy deluxe upgrade and items for it. consider your party rained on.

Posted by: zack.2863

zack.2863

Same issue for me

VipeNess.8472

I hope it is fixed shortly. I didn’t pay for a pre-order of a Mistfire Elite Skill; I paid to play with it when I bought it; That is what it was described as.

Posted by: Graysfang.7316

Graysfang.7316

Same boat .. . I’ve put in at least 1-3 tickets a day about this … it might seem minor but its not .. I paid for it and it should be there .. I’m almost level 80 and still unable to use this spell..

Posted by: Snix Spoonman.3871

Snix Spoonman.3871

This is happening to me also. I know the DDU had several items included, but I wasn’t even going to purchase this util i was swayed by the Mistfire Wolf elite. Just feel a bit annoyed that I can’t use this on my main character after purchasing the DDU for that sole purpose.

Its a bit annoying that this issue has been highlighted a week ago with many complaining about the same bug yet this easy fix has not yet been included in any of the daily updates since then.

I do understand that Anet need to prioritise the bug fixes, and have done a great job at this, but this is an item people like myself have paid extra for, and especially as the DDU is still on sale, should be up there on their priority list of fixes.

(edited by Snix Spoonman.3871)

Posted by: DavidOrtiz

Previous

DavidOrtiz

European Community Team Lead

Hi everyone.

We are fully aware of the issue and the dev team is working on a fix that will be applied retroactively to all your characters, but we still don´t have an estimate time for it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

(edited by DavidOrtiz.7165)

Posted by: Sulmith Greysin.5124

Sulmith Greysin.5124

HA! It has been how long since gw1 came out? Guess what? You can still buy deluxe upgrade and items for it. consider your party rained on.

i haven’t seen divine aura offered since 2005 unless you find a CE on ebay. if you don’t get something and they quit offering it, then sometimes you just don’t get it. at worst i got what i paid for (eventually)

Posted by: Kelgar Vlondett.7890

Kelgar Vlondett.7890

Same thing here, one of the big selling points for me for the CE was the Mistfire Wolf so I’m hoping they fix this soon.

Posted by: BrizzyE.3067

BrizzyE.3067

Yep same here I just bought the upgrade and it’s grayed out. Hope they fix it soon

RaiVa.5643

Bump for getting a quick fix soon !

Posted by: whoa.5139

whoa.5139

i have a problem with this too
i updated from reg edition to deluex edition and got everything but this skill its locked
Incident #120911-008314

(edited by whoa.5139)

Posted by: vidkun.9647

vidkun.9647

Upgraded to DD edition via Gem Store and have same issue.

Posted by: StormGust.2934

StormGust.2934

hello i got the same problem here . i bought the DDU For 2000 gem but i cant buy the mist wolf from the slots skills please fix it !

Posted by: Mikael Ekvall.6039

Mikael Ekvall.6039

Okey, many of us seem to have the same problem with the Deluxe Edition.
After purchased you should gain the elite skill summon mist fire wolf. And you do get that on your alts, but not on the character you done the purchase with. So thats problebly it, the character you did the purchase with dont have the skill all other of your characters have it. So the bug is that the chacater who does the purchase dont get the wolf skill.

* Stixan, Chronomancer * Stykera, Dragonhunter
Nimin, Druid * Stixin, Tempest * Melandru, Reaper
Stagborn, Berserker

Posted by: Kagome.9310

Kagome.9310

I am just so ignorant not to check the forums out before purchasing the upgrade.

I received all DDU items aside from the MistWolf ability and I have the worst case of buyer’s remorse at the moment. What manufacturer in any industry wants their consumers to have buyer’s remorse instantly after buying their product because it is defective and they are purposefully continuing to sell it as such? I know that there is a lot of effort put into creating/maintaining/fixing these issues but had there been a notice under the digital deluxe upgrade info in the gem store where I purchased it that said, “RED FLAG! PURCHASE AT YOUR OWN RISK, WE DON’T KNOW WHEN YOU WILL BE ABLE TO GET EVERYTHING WE PROMISE HERE,” well, I probably would have waited for the problem to be resolved before spending real money to purchase a broken product. If you cannot fix the issue immediately, fine. The damage is done. But please save the rest of the gamers from having to post in this thread by putting a disclaimer on the upgrade. That is professional and appreciated not to mention the far less selfish way to go.

That being said, add me to the list. See everyone in game.

Posted by: Snix Spoonman.3871

Snix Spoonman.3871

Hi everyone.

We are fully aware of the issue and the dev team is working on a fix that will be applied retroactively to all your characters, but we still don´t have an estimate time for it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for the response David

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

Same issue for me

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

Posted by: valho.4605

valho.4605

Hi everyone.

I feel that this should be a priority fix, after all we did pay real money for it and it should be working right as we bought it and not having to wait for so long. Now whenever someone ask me if the DDU is worth buying I’ll tell them do not get from the store, it’s bugged.

Posted by: Grey Poupon.8407

Grey Poupon.8407

Seriously, fix this now.

Kidel.2057

Hi everyone.

Can’t you use a GM tool to manually activate the skill to the users who contacted the support center? Until this is globally fixed at least.

That’s a serious issue. People are paying real money for that.

Posted by: Jade Arkadian.9280

Jade Arkadian.9280

Still waiting for a fix to this. I wish i could use my elite wolfie with my main char….

And yes, if this is not going to be fixxed immediately, the DDU should be temporary dissabled from the gem store

(edited by Jade Arkadian.9280)

Posted by: dragonphyre.9263

dragonphyre.9263

Okey, many of us seem to have the same problem with the Deluxe Edition.
After purchased you should gain the elite skill summon mist fire wolf. And you do get that on your alts, but not on the character you done the purchase with. So thats problebly it, the character you did the purchase with dont have the skill all other of your characters have it. So the bug is that the chacater who does the purchase dont get the wolf skill.

That’s how it was for me. I had 2 characters already created when I upgraded the account; but only the one who did the purchasing (and incidentally she was in the level 40’s at that time) cannot use the skill.

Posted by: Soulijah.5628

Soulijah.5628

Real money is involved in the purchase of the mistfire wolf skill. This should be treated as top priority. Please correct it asap, or return us our money

Posted by: AreeSoothsayer.1068

AreeSoothsayer.1068

Add me to this long list of people with the greyed out Mistfire wolf skill. I hadn’t even planned to prepurchase until I saw it. Beta was fun but never got to play the wolf and with it live it’s unusable?

Fix it already!!!