Seeing map/armors/stuck/weapons or other art issues?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Wymsical.6945

Wymsical.6945

Sylvari
Female
Elementalist

I recently rolled a sylvari and noticed some interesting shader issues, as well as a few other small details that struck me as ‘off’. I decided to rather extensively document them and ended up realizing that ‘Max Shaders’ (on high) end up creating some rather bugged looking effects. I took a good collection of screenshots in the attached images.

The following all applies to High shader settings, and more minorly so at Medium. These issues are absent from Low shader settings. Due to the sloppy and odd look these have, I am inclined to believe they’re not intended.

Hairline: There’s a weird disconnect at the hairline, a much paler ‘gloss’ seam cap that makes the hair look more like some strange headdress than part of the body. They apply in any light, though most noticeable at night. None of this is present in the character creator, only in-game.

Hair/leaves: Weird blocky patches appear in various parts of hair and leaves, blotchy in appearance and looking unfinished.

Face: The face in general is a blotchy mess, with weird ‘eyebrows’, lips, and directly around the eyes. Lips that are glossed to the point of completely losing their original color. In daylight, sylvari faces are so glossy that they look like they’re covered in a thin sheen of cellophane or vaseline.

Eyes: This is less of a shader issue, and more of an ‘eyes in this game are incredibly dull and dark’. This might be more realistic, but almost all eyes in this game look incredibly dull and lifeless once in-game, as opposed to how much brighter and ‘alive’ they look in the character creator. What was ‘off white’ in the creator turns deep gray or even dark blue, human eyes often look black or severely ‘shrouded’… it robs the character models of their life. This, from my study of NPCs, other PCs, ect,. applies to all races, all genders. The only exception being sylvari at night, when some eyes glow. My character looks so much more alive at night, but during the day she almost seems to have cataracts or a film on her eyes.

Queensdale, Lion’s Arch and other ‘very sunny’ areas are the worst when it comes to glossy sylvari faces. I also noticed shader issues cropping up on various pieces of armor (Examples being the Vigil shoulders for Light Armor – odd highlights on the scarf/Tier 2 Sylvari racial armor – a strange patch that completely distorts the colors).

All of these issues are also present underwater and, I assume, in every other instance/area of the game. I’ve observed them in multiple zones, in any armor set or even without any armor altogether. They’re also more apparent on darker colors, for obvious reasons.

I really, really hope none of this is intentional, as it looks distressingly low-quality. As much as I love some of the effects in High shader settings, I’ve started playing in Medium or Low because the odd blotches on my character are excessively distracting.

Edit: I’d also like to mention that my face of choice has an odd sort of ‘powder face’ effect. While this was a relatively smooth transition in the character creator, in-game the transition from the head to the face is very low quality (on high texture settings) and makes her face look like she dipped her face in a bucket of flour. I believe the screenshots I took (most notably, the top row) show the issue.

Attachments:

(edited by Wymsical.6945)

Posted by: lokasenna.2634

lokasenna.2634

Sylvari
Female
Scholars

I’ve made a few female Sylvari scholar types (elementalists and a mesmer so far) and aside from perhaps my first one as I only noticed it on my second and onwards ones, every single one of them has a pink midsection no matter what colour they are nor what pattern they have or the colour of the pattern. Even the darkest ones don’t cover it up completely although it will darken with appropriate colours and it’ll still be there with other shades of pink as well.

I’ve included an attachment showing four examples, although like I said it happens on all the colours (I included the black one just to show what I mean by it’ll darken up, but it is hard to see)

Attachments:

Posted by: Inochi.3219

Inochi.3219

The image have a Leg equip with icon that looks like one glove. o.o’’

The print is attached

Attachments:

Posted by: Sentinel VX.1392

Sentinel VX.1392

Grimward (Shield) has clipping issue with guardian aegis cosmetic effect.

Attachments:

Sea of Sorrow since BWE.

Posted by: Pak.2416

Pak.2416

The model for the item Flux Matrix is inside the character’s wrist when equipped. It would be nice if the character is actually holding the cube…

Item: Flux Matrix
Race: Human
Sex: Female
Class: Mesmer

Attachments:

Posted by: Zepour.4965

Zepour.4965

Art issue with heavy armour
Human female guardian
Wearing Scale Coat and Scale Leggings, both crafted (plus other Scale pieces).

It looks like my guardian’s torso is cut in half in the waist area. Upper torso is clearly not connected to lower torso, there’s a two-inch gap separating both, and you can clearly see through the gap. The issue appears in character selection screen, ingame and in the hero panel preview. Character animation works normally.

Attachments:

Posted by: Krauz.5312

Krauz.5312

Cleric`s Exalted Masque Of The Cleric Graphical bug.

Human, Male, Necromancer

Gear:

Cleric`s Exalted Masque Of The Cleric
Cleric`s Exalted Mantle Of The Cleric
Cleric`s Exalted Coat Of The Cleric
Cleric`s Exalted Gloves Of The Cleric
Cleric`s Exalted Pants Of The Cleric
Cleric`s Exalted Boots Of The Cleric

Created this armor from tailoring (400)

Attachments:

Posted by: RandomHominid.3456

RandomHominid.3456

I got the focus Wisteria, thinking hey that’d be neat on my frou-frou plant-themed mesmer. Not so much… yes, it’s wilted in more ways than one.

Can this focus be anchored in some other spot? This is just… yeah.

Attachments:

Posted by: RandomHominid.3456

RandomHominid.3456

Also, female charr have a lot of issues. This is my female charr, which is a smaller body on the smallest slider scale and it seems that half of the shoulder pieces out there are not flush with the body, and instead float really badly off the shoulder. I’ve worn most of these sets at one point or another, and most of them I trashed or transmuted over because of the shoulders. Another issue with the shoulders is that they are SO BLOODY HUGE on my small charr, to the point that it’s fairly laughable. Indeed, I laugh and change shoulders… because of how they are attached floaty-like and the scale on some of them, it seems that they are indeed meant for some larger beefy charr. Please test on the smallest charr female body and it’s very easy to see how disconnected/giant the shoulders are.

Here are some examples (I used PvP locker names as it was easier). This is only the heavy armor, too. Nearly all of the medium armor is affected, and much of the light, even charr cultural armor is a problem and that, at least, I’d hoped wouldn’t be an issue but it is in many cases.

Note that all issues are with shoulders unless mentioned in the image.

(edited by RandomHominid.3456)

Posted by: Kierka.8759

Kierka.8759

Female Asura elementalist and light armor from Citadel of Flame.
Well i know that as elementalist i should love fire, and i do, but i dont need two flame orbs stuck in my head every time i drag my weapon out

Attachments:

Posted by: apSion.6710

apSion.6710

Equip a shield with the Asura Tier 1 medium racial armour and you get this:

Attachments:

Posted by: Kobeathris.3645

Kobeathris.3645

It is possible to climb the wall behind the viewpoint in Portage Hills and then run off the edge of the map. Behind the viewpoint, if you turn north and run toward the red plants in the bushes, then jump a couple of times, and turn left, go up the ledge, once at the top, turn right and follow the ledge around the rocks, and from there, you are on the top of the map. You can then run along the edge of an invisible wall, all the way to a drop off into water, which will then let you swim under the world. See the screenshots below.

I will say, there is a lot of open space up there, so if you wanted to put in a jumping puzzle and call it Kobe’s falls, rather than just fixing the way up, I wouldn’t hold it against you ;-).

Attachments:

Posted by: LardMan.6871

LardMan.6871

Human Female Elementalist

Equipment
Feathered Headpiece
Conjurer Coat, Conjurer Mantle, Conjurer Gloves, Conjurer Pants all transmuted onto other equipment
Winged boots transmuted

Issue
It seems the chest piece doesn’t stretch far enough and clips into the body. The armor seems to properly display on characters with bigger chests lol. Might be a problem with the body type and how the armor was proportioned to it, or just hates on flat chests.

Attachments:

Posted by: MiniPrinny.9105

MiniPrinny.9105

Human Female Mesmer

Equipment bug with “Whispers Legggings”

The bug seems to cause certain tops (tested with Inquest Vestments and none) to cause a disconnect between the body and the hips of the model looking quite awkward. Attached an image below, this was the angle/pose that showed it the best.

Attachments:

Posted by: Eyrika.8625

Eyrika.8625

If you stand at the entrance to Arah, and face away from the portal, the terrain disappears.
I tried to take a screenshot of it, but it doesn’t seem to be in my screenshots folder… Should be easy to reproduce anyway if it’s happening to a lot of people. Just run around in that area.

Edit: Nvm, I found them:

Attachments:

“The flame legion can die in a fire!”
“…they might like that.”

Posted by: Sentinel VX.1392

Sentinel VX.1392

Just made a new character recently and the shoulder armor from warrior starter item clip significantly.
I’m using shortest and widest male norn body.

Attachments:

Sea of Sorrow since BWE.

Posted by: Klutzy Charlatan.4820

Klutzy Charlatan.4820

Male Asura Elementalist

Nightmare Armor (Light) full set: Acquired through Twilight Arbor dungeon
There’s a gap between the chest and legs. Equipping each without the other has no gap, only together. (In light and dark dye for contrast so you can see the sky through my gut)
!http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss94/slickse/GW2artbugs/AME-nightmarehole1.jpg
!http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss94/slickse/GW2artbugs/AME-nightmarehole2.jpg

When using one-handed weapons, the shoulders tend to clip through the head… a lot. (armor dyed with each individual piece a different crazy color to exhibit the behavior more clearly)
!http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss94/slickse/GW2artbugs/AME-nightmareshoulders1.jpg

Personally, I love the style, but the shoulders really are just way too massive. Here’s me with my head cone after I got back from the vet- wait what?
!http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss94/slickse/GW2artbugs/AME-nightmareshoulders2.jpg

Svanir Armor (Light) full set: Acquired through Honor of the Waves dungeon
The shoulders sit kinda low and clip into the chest.
!http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss94/slickse/GW2artbugs/AME-svanirshoulders.jpg

There’s also an animation …thing. Is it a bug? More like an oversight, or mismatch. A seam, that’s a good word. I remember seeing a video in a thread here some time ago of an Asura dual-wielding pistols, and as they came to rest after moving, the character’s arms would snap to a new position. For the Svanir armor, this snapping happens on the shoulders and legs when wielding a drawn staff. Running forward and stopping, or strafing (left or right) and coming to a stop, the shoulders and legs snap to a new position during transition from one animation to the next. So.. for the animations, it would be “moving” “stopping” SNAP “stationary”. Does not happen when running backwards, while the staff is sheathed, or at all with one-handed weapons.
Forgive me for not posting a video of my own, I just don’t know the first thing about making one. Oh, the shoulders also bounce a little after the idle animation plays, when the character spins the staff over its head.
And incidentally, I noticed the Nightmare legs snap the same way, but I’m usually too distracted by the shoulder size.

Svanir gloves also exhibit the same issue LadyHorus and mammon posted on previously in this thread. I noticed the gloves changed seemingly randomly to that weird red/white pattern, and after reading mammon’s post I ventured an experiment, and sure enough, it occurs after taking a swim. I’ve dyed the piece one solid color, and removed chest/legs for clarity.
!http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss94/slickse/GW2artbugs/AME-svanirgloves.jpg
Changing dyes, or removing/re-equipping restores them to the correct appearance, and swimming to glitch it is pretty easy to duplicate.

Ok, so images aren’t allowed in the thread where images are requested. Kinda inhibits the ability to caption the images describing whats gone wrong.
This attachment thing for multiple images is also a p.i.t.a. Anywho, topic for a different thread in a different subforum.

Attachments:

Posted by: Klutzy Charlatan.4820

Klutzy Charlatan.4820

Asura Female Classdoesntmatter

This might just be me, but there’s one face for Asura females that looks pretty google-eyed on the Hero pane and Preview pane.

My character, a warrior, has Loud Orange eyes.. images show in the game world, then the hero pane. Kinda hard to capture the googlieness in a still, but they do appear mismatched in that hero pane image.

The third and fourth images are of a necro in character creation showing what I think might be the cause of the problem. I’ve centered all the sliders, and used bold colors for clarity. Looking at the characters right eye, very little white of the eye shows around the iris. On the flip side, a tremendous amount of white shows on the left eye.
Looking back at the straight-on image of the warrior, you can see the white edge on that left eye, making it look like the one eye is looking a different direction.

edit note: just noticed some bad textures on the buckles on that necro armor during character creation.

Attachments:

(edited by Klutzy Charlatan.4820)

Posted by: Indo.4587

Indo.4587

Female Sylvari

Having an issue with the CORRUPTED SHARD dagger that has snow particle effects when wielded.

The actual particle effects don’t appear ON the weapon (like the other corrupted weapons), but rather a few pixels next to it.

Not an extreme issue but it is bothersome compared to the other weapons of it’s kind. I would greatly appreciate it if you guys would fix it so it was actually on the weapon!

Attachments:

Jade Quarry: Indó, Level 80 Mesmer

Posted by: cubed.2853

cubed.2853

I already reported a single piece male-light-karma armor clipping problem a month ago – still nothing changed…. Instead it is now worse! I know software development is not always easy and it takes it’s time to fix issues, but – sorry to say that – I really expect more reliability from a endgame armor – or at least a note/comment if it will be fixed or not… I’m very very disappointed so far with this part of the game, because I have to see this flaw every single day and after all it is a single piece of armor……

However the new problem is a strange texture failure – maybe you know where it comes from – really does not look like it should be there:

- Still Human, Male, Necromancer
- Light Mortal Leggings of Grenth (screenshot blue [already reported bug]) || Light Mortal Shoes of Grenth (screenshot red [new bug])
- Keeper Jonez Deadrun [Karma-Merchant] : Cathedral of Silence : Cursed Shore

Thanks!

Attachments:

it was written…

Posted by: Darkylight.5781

Darkylight.5781

Charr, Male, Guardian

Armor:
PvP Gladiator’s Helm of Earth
PvP Plated Pauldrons of Earth
PvP Plated Coat of Earth
PvP Plated Gauntlets of Earth
PvP Plated Leggings of Earth
PvP Plated Boots of Earth
Weapons:
PvP Legionnaire Mace of Life
PvP Legionnaire Shield of Force

Whenever i equip PvP Gladiator’s Helm of Earth the model of the shield gets stuck in my hand.

Attachments:

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Clipping and texture issues with the Draconic (crafted 400 exotic) armor.

1. The lower portion of the legs clip through the boots at the ankles on both sides.
2. The texture of the scales on the legs is lower resolution compared to the scales on the chest.

Attachments:

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Posted by: sindara.6492

sindara.6492

Item: Ghastly Longbow

Race: Human, female
Item from: Ascalonian Catacombs vendor

Seriously bugged Ghastly weapon, bought this morning. Several issues with it:

1. Particle effects show while weapon is on back, instead of when used, and are extremely hyperactive. Even then, they only show when you first equip the weapon. (Taking if off and putting it back into your inventory and the re-equipping it will trigger the effect on your back).

2. Running with Longbow on back obscures the entire screen to the point of not being able to see where you are going because of the huge number of flashing effects all over the screen (see screenshot).

3. Weapon loses all particle effects as soon as you use it (see screenshot). It is then just a fairly dull blue, and does not pulse and glow subtly like the other weapons. It’s just blue.

4. Weapon loses all particle effects if you swap weapons or zone (basically only glows when you first log in or first equip it, any subsequent interactions with it instantly kill all effects).

NB: It appears night time, and zoning into an area that is already night, and entering a dungeon, all correctly trigger the blue colour change. The problem is only the animated particle effects, which are broken as described above, most importantly working when weapon is sheathed on back and not working when you subsequently fire the weapon, switch to another weapon and back again or go to another zone (the opposite of what is intended).

14.10.12 UPDATE

Ghastly Longbow (AC tokens weapon)

Bow worked correctly today, briefly, for about 10 seconds, when I first logged in. Blue glow on back and slow, pulsing effects, toned down, not hyperactive, perfect, while firing the weapon. Then the effects mysteriously stopped. This was in Lions Arch, it was still night when the effect ended.

Unequipped and re-equipped the bow and it returned to the previous, bugged, hyperactive effects on back and no effects in combat state. Am unable to reproduce the working state. Logging out with the bow equipped and logging back in sadly did not help. I logged in to find it hyperactive on my back and broken in combat.

Hoping this additional information might help with a fix.

(screenshot of bow still not showing any effects in combat attached
screenshot of bow still hyperactive on back attached).

ADDITIONAL UPDATE:

Just left a dungeon, outside it was daylight. Ghastly Longbow now has an additional bug of still having effects while on back in daylight when the weapon model has returned to the daylight form (screenshot added). This effects stops after a while (further into daylight). Seems effect daylight trigger and weapon daylight trigger are out of sync.

Attachments:

(edited by sindara.6492)

Posted by: Ephex.9164

Ephex.9164

Still hoping Heavenly Light Bracers graphic gets fixed soon.

Male Asura Elementalist
Heavenly Light Bracers skin – from Hall of Monument rewards
-Graphically glitched, as shown in the screenshots and video. Part of the feathers is static and causes it to look like webbing when arms move.

Attachments:

Posted by: ChyrosNX.1834

ChyrosNX.1834

Mystic Spike’s particle effect (Arc Lightning) is RED, making it similar as Inquest Dagger’s particle effect. Basing on all other Mystic Weapons, it’s particle effect should have been BLUE instead.

Attachments:

(edited by ChyrosNX.1834)

Posted by: Xadirius.5198

Xadirius.5198

The duelist style set chest piece (on males) has a fairly obvious red seam going both the center of the breastplate and the protective cloth panel that hangs of my characters left leg, it looks as if the bright red was the chroma key and the textures were not lined up properly.

Attachments:

Posted by: brokeincollege.8927

brokeincollege.8927

Posted in another thread but my TA heavy arbor has black in it even though I put all celestial dye. Look at picture for comparison with another TA armor with same dye.

Attachments:

Posted by: YuckaMountain.3786

YuckaMountain.3786

I got armor clipping issue with Flame Legion Gauntlets and a shield when using it in combat. You can clearly see the Gauntlets and shoulders through the shield. While I like the art I was hoping this could be fixed.

Attachments:

Posted by: Seveer.6421

Seveer.6421

All my armour/weapons are transmutated.. since Im only level 15, but the armour/weapons are level 45+ I think. The sword you can’t see in the interface, as seen below, but it shows fine outside, apart from once the blade part went invisible during a battle. So I don’t know if this is for the weapon in general or just the transmutated?

Attachments:

Posted by: Mverdo.7468

Mverdo.7468

I got stuck inside the map at kessex hills.
Tried to get out for about 15minutes, then gave up.
/stuck doesn’t help either

I was fighting some centaurs near the bridge they want to repair (during event).
Got stuck after using infiltrator’s arrow.

Depending on what way i am facing my screen starts shaking and/or mountains/parts of the map flicker on and off (last 2 screenies)

Attachments:

Posted by: Nefaria.7659

Nefaria.7659

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Player-name-floating-inside-character-head/
I posted a separate thread awhile ago but I figure it may be applicable for this thread.

My friend plays a large male charr and the position of his player name is frequently hovering over his character model. It is noticeable from many camera angles; even more so if the Charr is standing idle and stands less crouched.

I haven’t noticed the same thing occurring on NPCs or other races though.

Attachments:

Posted by: mcl.9240

mcl.9240

Here’s a simple one: The Tier 2 Asuran cultural armor and weapon vendor in Rata Sum is selling Sylvari weapons and armor.

The T2 cultural weapon I bought for my Asura Elementalist is Sylvari. This makes me a sad quaggan…er, asura.

Posted by: Inverse.9457

Inverse.9457

Carrion Acolyte Coat

doesn’t connect with the rest of the body. I’ve tried it with a number of different items and it looks like its just to high up.

Attachments:

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

Armor Clipping:

Female Human Mesmer

Armor set: Cabalist (I think is the official name)

1. First is around her armpit/shoulder, you’ll find some clipping between her skin color and the armor. This only appears while doing the swaying animation as seen in the screenshot.

2. On her back, the mantle piece cuts through the chest piece.

Attachments:

Posted by: AlietteFaye.7316

AlietteFaye.7316

Can I just say that literally every piece of equipment clips on my Charr Engineer? Because the list is endless. Any 2-handed weapon clips through the back of my Charr, and all 1-handed weapons clip with all medium armor sets.

Speaking of medium armor, can we get NOT trenchcoats? Just like.. one or two? Pretty please?

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

Posted by: Neverathome.8349

Neverathome.8349

Same issues with my charr. Floating shield’s all of them,floating shoulderpiece,severe clipping shield’s in combat,minor clipping onehanded weapon’s,see attachment’s below.
PLS A-net get this fixed asap."I know ya have bussy times atm and need to prioritize but like other people stated,you looking at it and it’s annoying like…

Anywayz, pls put this issue closer to the top thing’s that need’s to get fixed.

Kind regard’s Pristinewhite

Attachments:

Posted by: Gogo.8910

Gogo.8910

Found this pants that look like gloves.

Tried re entering the game.

Attachments:

Posted by: Kowen.6019

Kowen.6019

Charr
Male
Ascalonian Leather Coat

Parts of the character model clip through the armor right above the belt, both in the front and the back.

The other armor in the screenshot is the Prowler gloves, pants, and boots. However the clipping happens with any combination of armor so I’m pretty sure the issue is just with the coat.

Attachments:

Posted by: ezhcim.3075

ezhcim.3075

For example the male version fo the Caudecus Mannor armor, for some body types the front part of the belt appears under the actualback part of the belt creating a weird ugly black shadow effect on the front.
On the back of the same armor, when the character is standing still you can see the texture from the leg guards cut through that “tail” kind of thing the armor has.
The shoulder pads of that same armor also have texture cutting issues that would be nice if fixed, this also happens on the back part.
Also with the Human Cultural Armor tier 3, when standing still, since the armor has some dimension flaws, the hands cut through the metal skirt the leg guards have.
Screen Shot:(check the front part of the belt to notice how the front “digs” intot he chest creating a weird bad looking black shadow)

Attachments:

Posted by: Silverghost.4192

Silverghost.4192

Male – Sylvari – Medium Armor
Flame Legion – Helm / Shoulder / Gloves
Nightmare – Chest / Boots / Legs

In the preview window looks fine, in the dynamic lighting like during the day time in Lion’s Arch I end up looking like a “waxed candle”.

[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d80/gmpotu/armor_zps25d4053f.jpg[/img]

Attachments:

Posted by: Aznkenshin.3602

Aznkenshin.3602

Armor + Shield Clipping
Human Male Guardian

Gear:
- Vigil Helm
- Jofast’s Pauldrons
- Shank Breastplate
- Draconic Gauntlets
- Draconic Legs
- Draconic Boots
- Ghastly Sword
- Vigil’s Honor Shield

Clipping Items:
Jofast’s Pauldrons + Vigil’s Honor Shield
Pauldrons = Karma item in Orr (Cursed Shore?)
Vigil’s Honor Shield = Gold item in Vigil HQ (Gendarran Fields)

Attachments:

Posted by: ezhcim.3075

ezhcim.3075

Some more armor clipping for the human Caudecus Mannor heavy armor, appreciated if they would fix them cos the Dungeon armors take a while to get :P and lots of hard work and time.

Attachments:

Posted by: Korago.7509

Korago.7509

I’m here to report two problems I’ve had with textures/models. The first is (as mentioned before) that come items “cut” my character’s waist horizontally below her navel. This happens with the Whisper’s Leggings and the Feathered Leggings. It may happen with other items too, but these are the two that I KNOW cause the issue.

The second it: red pupils! Both of my human female characters have red pupils instead of black. Turning “Render Sampling” from Native to Super-sampling HELPS this, but it doesn’t fix it.

I’ve attached two screenshots that points out both issues I’ve mentioned. The cut in the character model is easier to see when she’s in motion. Stretching, bending, idle animations, and the likes.

EDIT: More info on the cut at the belly: it’s not just the pants causing the problem. It’s the combination of pants AND gloves. While wearing the Embroidered Wristguards and the Whisper’s Leggings at the same time, the graphical issue can be seen. Un-equipping either of these items fixes the problem until the item is re-equipped.

Attachments:

(edited by Korago.7509)

Posted by: cherrie.8907

cherrie.8907

I might have reported this before, however without screenshots.

Norn Female, long ponytail
It clips a lot. Below examples of clipping with shield in idle (running is also affected) and also of the ponytail creating a “spear” that pierces my Guard when using the Staff might-channelling skill.

Attachments:

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien
“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

cherrie.8907

I might have reported this before, however without screenshots.

Norn Female, long ponytail
It clips a lot. Below examples of clipping with shield in idle (running is also affected) and also of the ponytail creating a “spear” that pierces my Guard when using the Staff might-channelling skill.

Attachments:

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien

cherrie.8907

Sorry for double posts but I can’t figure out how to add multiple attachments

Attachments:

-Mike Obrien

cherrie.8907

Also, HoM Dwayna gloves clip a lot.
Example is my Norn but I believe this happens to every model.

Attachments:

-Mike Obrien

Posted by: Wechsl.2907

Wechsl.2907

Playing as a charr ranger having issues with armor all the time, in this particular case:
Noble Coat (from leather crafting) clipping with tail and the Shiverpeak Hatchet,
Noble Shoulders (also from crafting) floating over shoulders for no apparent magical reason.

Attachments:

Posted by: Neverathome.8349

Neverathome.8349

A-net i realy think you should repley more post’s because people are left in the dark?

thx in advance
Kind regard’s

Posted by: Highwings.2730

Highwings.2730

Last week after one of the patches a number of Charr Heavy armor shoulder graphics had their size and look changed. I am trying to find out if this was an intentional change or is a bug currently being worked on.
Because at the moment items like the T3 Charr female shoulder armor look terrible. The reduced size is one thing but the over all shape of the design is different and, at least on my model makes it look like melted plastic. For a piece of armor i spent 20 gold on, this is a huge disappointment and my interest in getting the T3 set, as well as any other bugged/changed set on my female Charr has gone to zero. Since getting nice skins is considered an endgame feature find this a serious issue.
Here are some images showing the difference from the old look to the new.
OLD T3
!https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/10739/before.png!
NEW T3
https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/10741/after.png
OLD T3
http://i.imgur.com/F9KHB.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/CAPGZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3KQIT.jpg
NEW T3
http://i.imgur.com/4rNuZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/a8M3z.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/cVTAK.jpg
Not only are the shoulders now half the size of the males, the muzzle design is pushed in and less detailed, and the back portion is warped and missing half of it, which seems to bend inward onto itself. It just overall looks terrible.
OLD Gladiator Shoulders
http://i.imgur.com/wsvNe.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/m8kxa.jpg
NEW Glad
http://i.imgur.com/V5obp.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ChiFO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/anw1g.jpg
Now I imagine this change, if intentional was intended to fix the horrible clipping/ floating issues on many Charr shoulder armors that are clearly do to rushed production, but as it stand if you look at the second to last New Glad Screen shot they floating problem still exists, and now us females look like we are wearing toy pauldrons .
On behalf of myself and all other female Charrs I’d like to know Arnet, if this was an intentional change, and if you really think those T3 shoulders look better now, because i would never spend 20 gold for them as they are now (they really did not have much of a floating issues to begin with).