Seeing map/armors/stuck/weapons or other art issues?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: apokalypze.3741

apokalypze.3741

Corrupted Orrian Masque purchased with tokens from the Arah dungeon merchant in Lion’s Arch has a nasty visual bug on fully bearded characters. The beard doesn’t become hidden but ends up on top instead, covering half the masque. Give us a barber npc or fix it as it’s discriminating towards us full beards.

This is how it looks

Posted by: Sokushi.1649

Sokushi.1649

I recently purchased a Mystic Dagger to match my Mystic Scepter but the dagger is RED. I’m assuming this is a bug as the red is the exact same skin as the Inquest Dagger.
Is there any way to get this fixed?

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Item: Ghastly Greatsword

Issue: Small chunks of stationary texture visible near the crossguard on the ghostly version

I also noticed that the Ghastly Axe has the same issue, whereas none of the other weapons seem to have these wierd flat texture-chunks.

Reason I post this as a bug instead of an intended feature is the way it looks like bits of one-dimensional texture instead of actual three-dimensional chunks.

Attachments:

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

(edited by Aveneo.2068)

Posted by: ChyrosNX.1834

ChyrosNX.1834

LIFETIME SURVIVOR

Character Name: Countessa
First Death At Level/XP: Level 47 / 43,694 XP
Total XP accumulated before death (source): Over 779,259

Achievement Tier 1 of 2 (source): 200,000 XP without death
Achievement Tier 2 of 2: 500,000 XP without death

I’ve reached at least 779,259 XP at Level 47 without death and not a single progress shown in the achievement progress bar. That’s more than enough to earn the achievement title. Now that I died on before I reached Level 48, I still didn’t get the achievement.

Attachments:

(edited by ChyrosNX.1834)

Posted by: Enikuo.9205

Enikuo.9205

The tier 2 cultural armor (& starting armor) for my Norn clips on the butt. She has the thickest body type available – bottom, right option in the character creator.

Attachments:

Posted by: youRFate.5163

youRFate.5163

Item: Ghastly greatsword

The ghastly greatsword does not have the particle glow effect when it’s stowed away on your back, only when it’s drawn.
However, the ghastly longbow for example does glow even when it’s on your back.

Posted by: Sentinel VX.1392

Sentinel VX.1392

Swindler set armor has the torso and the legs part clip horribly.
Male Human.

Attachments:

Sea of Sorrow since BWE.

Posted by: Baethul.8174

Baethul.8174

Charr male light armour from CoF – finger animations removed.

Hi there, hope this is the sort of thing you’re looking for. It would seem that the Charr male light set armour from Citadel of Flame rewards (Flame Legion Gloves of Baelfire) has no animation to it at all. Im not sure if this is intended, but my Charr is proving himself capable of telekenesis to keep his weapons in his hands, that or some really strong super glue. On a further note this is also persistant in anything relating to the character’s hand movements – such as emotes.

The image quality is a bit horrid but I tried to make the issue as visible as possible, including removing other armour pieces. Hope this helps! My Charr would really love to use his fingers again!

Attachments:

Posted by: hiv.8245

hiv.8245

Hello.
I brought my first ghastly wepon yesterday but i don’t see any glow effect, during night it only change texture but that is all.

Attachments:

Posted by: Lagg.3960

Lagg.3960

Oops, started a new thread instead of posting this here…

The exotic shield skin Jora’s Defender is placed slightly too close to the arm compared to the default Shield. It seems to share (or is at least very similar to) the model of the default Shield, so I hope you can find a few minutes time somewhere in your busy schedule to realign this.

Many thanks in advance!

Attachments:

Hey, I just bash you, and this is frenzy,
But here’s my Wammo, so heal me maybe?

Posted by: God Alien.8960

God Alien.8960

I would like a dev to help me with this issue asap. I recently crafted Aether (foefire style short bow), and it is not behaving as it should. The preview indicates that it has a “pulsing” animation that makes the particle effects pulse at certain time intervals. This is not occurring in game. The only time it pulses is when I equip the weapon from the inventory, but not when I swap between weapons in game. Is this normal behavior? Can someone who has the GS or the Hammer confirm this? All input is much appreciated.
Race: Asura
Sex: Female
Class: Thief
Gear: Most of my gear is transmuted. This is happening no matter what gear combination I try.
I acquired the item by forging it using the mystic forge at Lion’s Arch.
I am sure that this is an issue with all Foefire weapons which display the pulsing animation in the preview, as I have personally encountered players with the 3 items (GS, hammer, SB).
The first screenshot shows the item how it always appears in game, with blue fire particle effect but no pulse animation
The second screenshot shows the item doing the pulse animation in the Hero Panel.

Attachments:

Posted by: Seveer.6421

Seveer.6421

Floating shield
Clipping.
Friends body dissapears (just for me) in CoE Explore.
Under Metrica Province as a mesmer.. again.

Attachments:

Posted by: Phantom.4157

Phantom.4157

[WEAPON BUG]

Weapon: Aether
Type: Shortbow

Issues:

1. Upon “preview” of the weapon, it gives a wonderful pulsing blue shine every couple of seconds.. After obtaining the weapon in game though, this is not occuring at all.

2. When you weapon swap to the bow, it produces a burst of blue light. It’s a fantastic addition to the weapon but, this only occurs on the first weapon swap per map change/ loading screen to a new area. I would imagine that the bow is suppose to give that burst of light every time you swap to the weapon, rather than just the first time.

The only particle effect that seems to be functioning properly is the ghostly blue fire around the bow at all times.

Note: I am only referring to these phenomena as “issues” because not many people have these weapon skins, and the weapon particle effects differ from the preview. If a developer can inform us to whether or not this is a bug or not, that would be wonderful news in any case.

IGN: Lucifers Gift

Here is a glimpse of the blue shine that flashes over the character (in weapon preview). It doesn’t occur when you actually have the weapon equipped.

Attachments:

Luci Lee | Thief R51 |

Posted by: Apraxas.3685

Apraxas.3685

Yes, this gave me a heart attack, i miss my purple so much anet.. please fix..

Attachments:

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

So this entire wall of CoF appears to have no collision, and because of that, you get shiny pictures like this.

Attachments:

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: zealoot.6354

zealoot.6354

got a glitch with my wep/armor

race: human
gender female
prof: thief
armor berserkers duelist

even hapens when i wear 2 daggers

Attachments:

Posted by: jellyman.7360

jellyman.7360

Guardian Aegis clipping through all Male Norn arms.

Attachments:

Posted by: Diskborste.4132

Diskborste.4132

“Pirate Harpoon” and “Pirate Speargun” have switched models with eachother.
Male Sylvari if it matters ^^.

Sold by cultural weapons vendor in Lions Arch.

Attachments:

Posted by: Bandyrastard.5398

Bandyrastard.5398

I am stuck in the Wayfarer Foothills near the Icesteppes. I am stuck inside one of the Ice Ballista. I can move around inside it but cannot get out.

I’ve tried taking screenshots but it onle takes screenshots of my desktop and not the game.

Posted by: Mina.1784

Mina.1784

The shadow armour set for female humans (not sure if it’s spans all body types) flickers on the back. It only flickers when you zoom out. Skin colour shows where the armour should when this flickering occurs.

It’s hard to get a good screenshot of it in action because it happens so fast.

Also I know that that armour has cuts in the armour to show skin in the back, it’s not that. Sometimes I can see large chunks of skin colour, more than three times the size of the holes in the armour.

Attachments:

Posted by: Azrexx.5469

Azrexx.5469

What kind of sorcery is this!? The arm going through shield for people who didn’t notice. It’s a Ravaging Glyphic Ward of Smoldering. I’m a male Charr and my armor is Gladiator armor. I bought the shield.

Attachments:

Aurora Glade

(edited by Azrexx.5469)

Posted by: Ripjaxx.7149

Ripjaxx.7149

Hi arenanet,

My name is Fayde, sylvari female
I got a problem with a ghastly longbow, this is one of my fav weapons, on the night its glowing on dungeon also but after iam attacking it isnt glowing anymore. pls fix this problem asap because its annoying, thanks

Attachments:

Posted by: Mardets.2570

Mardets.2570

[Weapon Bug]
Name: Aether
Type: Shortbow
Character name: Mardets

The shortbow should have a pulsing particle effect that lights the weapon up every few seconds along with the aura particle effect. This pulsing effect is shown in the preview of the weapon and on the character window.

Attached is the pulsing effect that should be shown.

Attachments:

Posted by: gtllama.1698

gtllama.1698

Human Female
Swimming animation at the surface of the water.

My body is almost completely out of the water. It looks like I’m hydroplaning, which is quite amusing, but probably not intended.

Attachments:

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

Race: Asura
Armor: Exhalted Light(Exotic) – 6 pieces
Weapon: Peacemaker – Caster
Profession: Mesmer

Here’s an image with all noticeable clippings for this specific race/armor/weapon combination. Note that offhands are positioned slightly differently on the armor model, but shown on the main hand side in the preview, which made it impossible to get accurate previews. I included them anyway, plus some non-preview frames with the Peacemaker Focus on the correct side. The clipping of the focus is minor, but could use a slight tweak being placed further away from the armor.

Attachments:

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

Uploaded an image without the Peacemaker axe frames. This one includes them.

Attachments:

Posted by: Ellie.3615

Ellie.3615

Human female elementalist
Clipping issues around the waist with “Winged” armor set aquired from tailoring/trading post. This is really bothering me, its kind of disturbing
The clipping issues are with the combination of berserker’s winged tunic, winged pants and winged gloves. Thanks!

Attachments:

(edited by Ellie.3615)

Posted by: AgentBravo.9817

AgentBravo.9817

Female Norn Engineer
There is a issue with the idle animation where the right arm above the elbow gets squished. Happens at the end of the idle animation after character looks side to side. Only happens when equipped with a rifle or a kit that has a rifle holding animation.

Attachments:

(edited by AgentBravo.9817)

Posted by: Ffolks.3708

Ffolks.3708

The mystic forge great sword Vision of the Mists has a very annoying graphical glitch that makes it appear as if two sword models are combined and offset by about 6 inches. It only appears this way in the game world and looks as I would expect it too in both the Preview and Hero panes as show in the included screenshot.

Certainly not what I was hoping for given the time and cost of acquiring it.

Attachments:

Posted by: ShadowStalker.4905

ShadowStalker.4905

HoM Icecrown is bugging with most races with most hairstyles

Attachments:

Posted by: kjellk.1792

kjellk.1792

Human
Guardian lvl 3
Female
Sword / Shield

Queensdale.

In Bandithaunt Caverns I attacked an pirate standing between some barrels with Flashing blade skill and both of us went through the barrelside and got stuck inside.
I could run through all 4 when moving from side to side, but couldnt go out through the “top” of the barrel (the barrel laying down so by that i mean i couldnt go forward or backwards).

Attachments:

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

Seer’s chest piece, neck region has no graphics when head is turned to side. thanks. please fix my favourite set =)

Attachments:

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

The skin of the Student Boots made from tailoring (female human light armor) bugs when you enter the water. It overlays itself with a star wars white/grey/red look. I’ve already sent in a bug report with a screenshot too.

The change remains (even back on land) until you equip another set of footwear.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: Night Priestess.8123

Night Priestess.8123

I don’t think I exaggerate when I say I believe most light armors for human females have clipping issues with melee weapons. My necro uses axe + horn and dagger + focus sets. All skirt types I had so far had the weapons “melting” in the armor when holstered (and the weapon skin doesn’t matter really). I’m attaching screens with the Winged pants since that’s what I’m using lately. The weapons in the pics are Orrian Axe + Orrian Horn and Carrion Verdant Dagger + Focus.
Also, the full Winged set cuts my char’s belly in half.

Attachments:

For the Toast!

Posted by: Synapse.4697

Synapse.4697

Hi there! Nice thing this thread. I hope you guys are stil fixing clipping issues.

Race: Human
Robe/Weapon Clipping

Ive been saving this sword for the endgame, and now that i got to 80, and managed to craft my exotic set, transmuting it into the Order of Whispers’s medium armor, i found that the order of whisper’s medium robe has horrible clipping issues with most weapons, like this sword.

I attach several screenshots with the sword wielded and sheathed. As you can see the clipping is quite bad. It happens almost to every weapon with this robes. The other 2 are screenshots of the items in the character panel.

Hope this is useful and you guys can fix this eventually. Keep up the good work.

Alex

Attachments:

Posted by: Rawlinson.2038

Rawlinson.2038

Human, Male, Warrior

Noble Man’s Legguards.

Belt clips so bad.

Attachments:

Posted by: Dorian.2463

Dorian.2463

Barbaric Legplates – thighs and hips clipping bad on human female (guardian)

Attachments:

Posted by: Soja.5918

Soja.5918

Screenshots: Enclosed, in and outside of Hero panel

Race, Sex and Profession: Sylvari, Female, Necromancer

Start: I noticed the clipping almost immediately on the left shoulder. Right one seems fine but left one is terrible. Not sure about the official name of this skin, but this particular one is the Rescuer’s Mantle of the Grove. The first time this skin is available is from a karma vendor in Bloodtide Coast (lvls 45-55), and the clipping was present there too. I took off the armor top to make sure it wasn’t the chest piece causing the clipping. Taking off every piece except the shoulders confirms that it’s not a conflict with other pieces of gear.

Acquisition: I got this particular set of shoulders from an Danu, a karma vendor in Sparkfly Fen.

http://i.imgur.com/LZZxM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2y53F.jpg

The Crystal Desert beckons us. Ascension awaits us.

Keirlann Aurion – Ranger – Chieftain of the Ace Guard [AceG]

(edited by Soja.5918)

Posted by: Sernius Alathar.6538

Sernius Alathar.6538

Hi guys,

While exploring a way to cross that bridge near the bandit setup on top of one of the bluffs in Brisban Wildlands I came across an ‘End of the World’ Map bug. The links below show the location and what you can see. The path is just north of the renown heart, and is quite wide easy enough to follow anyway. Thought I’d let you know because the last thing anyone wants is people falling into the mists.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk2/kivan_69/gw154.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk2/kivan_69/gw157.jpg

Posted by: SpaceKookie.1782

SpaceKookie.1782

I already noticed some severe clipping errors with the Asura Engineer back-packs (Not sure if it’s Asura exclusive but it’s really annoying).
The following screenshot will explain. I’ve reported it as a bug several times already but nothing has been done so far. My friends also see this so I don’t think it’s a broken client? I don’t know though. I would like to get some feedback on this because it looks really kitten Also I’m not sure if it might have something to do with the Asura Cultural (Tier 1) armour as the problem occured about at the same time I bought it (right after a patch). Haven’t had the chance to try another set of armour yet though.

Attachments:

Posted by: SolidGold.7958

SolidGold.7958

I wanted to add that I also have the same problem with the Winged armour set on my Human Female Mesmer. It’s such a shame, because it’s so obvious if your looking at your character from any angle but the back, and it’s such a beautiful armour set. I do hope that ArenaNet fixes it.

This girl misses Cantha and her Ritualist.

Posted by: Y u mad its vydia.6324

Y u mad its vydia.6324

I have found some more clipping issues with the Heavy Travelen Leggings and various boots. See screenshots.

Attachments:

Malaakh. [EU] Desolation.

Posted by: Igneel.2618

Igneel.2618

Armour: Medium
Race: Human

The issue is that, like other post before me, the weapons are.. well, ‘stuck’ inside the legs of the character, instead of be on the sides.

Attachments (visual problems):
http://imageshack.us/a/img88/8849/gw009gp.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img577/678/gw010b.jpg
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/203/gw011lt.jpg
http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/1685/gw012q.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img20/856/gw013g.jpg

Attachments (Equip):
http://imageshack.us/a/img690/1517/gw015h.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img5/3493/gw016sk.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img825/9198/gw017z.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img856/9996/gw018o.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img248/6859/gw019t.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img38/1572/gw020g.jpg

More Infos
It appear that only with medium armors (ALL) we have this problem.
I did previews with Light and Heavy armors too, and I can see clearly the weapons in both side of the Character without issue.
The problem must be related to the Medium model!

Thanks

Posted by: Synapse.4697

Synapse.4697

An update on my previous post. It seems the robes (Order of Whispers medium robes) have the same problem with all weapons. The clipping is serious. Weapons can barely be seen poking out of the robes. Here, different screenshots with some daggers.

Attachments:

Posted by: Maharahji.1906

Maharahji.1906

The Twilight Arbor Heavy armor is quite bugged. Attached is an explanatory screenshot below. It seems like something is broken in the reflectiveness/specularity of it. It looks fantastic in the hero panel, and looks nothing like the hero panel in game. Toggling my town clothes off and on makes it look better, but not the same as hero panel. Only looks better until I move around, then it snaps back to looking like a grey ugly silver mess. Dyes used in picture are Midnight Ice, Sapphire, and Iron.

Attachments:

(edited by Maharahji.1906)

Posted by: MasaMune.1872

MasaMune.1872

Item: Oaken gloves, T3 Cultural
race: Sylvari

ok so i just bought the oaken gloves because they looked really nice in the preview but when i go into combat or move, they start bending and stretching for unknocwn reasons.

heres a picture of the preview, Top picture.

and this is me in combat, bottom picture.

i really dislike the appaearance in combat and i spent 12 gold for it, i really hope it gets fixed since i just wasted this gold for nothing, the stats are useless, i only got it for visuals. if the visuals arent impressive than its a waste of gold.

Attachments:

(edited by MasaMune.1872)

Posted by: Jubelas.7284

Jubelas.7284

Posted by: Tercian.5709

Tercian.5709

Medium Armor

Divinity Boots from CM token
Nightmare Legguards from TA token

The texture of the Nightmare Legguards appear in front of the boots.

Attachments:

Posted by: TheConfusedOne.6423

TheConfusedOne.6423

I found a bug affecting the Anonymity Hood used by the Thief.

I know its a low-level piece of equipment but I like using it because it looks cool.

When the player model is rotated to the left a surface point on the hood’s texture gets pulled away.

Race: Sylvarian
Sex: Male
Equipment: Starting equipment given immediately after character creation.

Note: Does not occur when character is rotated in Hero (H) screen and character creation screens.

Reproduced on two different machines with different graphics hardware installed.
Also created a brand new character and the issue still occured.

Screenshot attached.

Attachments:

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

There is an issue with the back ‘wall’ on some of the tents. Apparently this isssue is not present on all of them, which leads me to assume that you are using different model entries where one has the issue.

As you can see from the screenshots, when looking into the tent you can see the back being covered by a piece of canvas. Yet when looking at it from the back, you see straight through as if there is no back piece.

I first noticed this with the tents on the hill just south of the Shatterer event. However, some tents in Frostgorge also seem to have this issue.

Attachments:

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU