Seeing map/armors/stuck/weapons or other art issues?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Jalad Lantana.3027

Jalad Lantana.3027

One feature I really enjoyed and drew inspiration from was the armor previews of the dungeon armor from dungeon armor vendors in Lions Arch.

Recently the previews stopped working, the icons and the previews all show generic armors, not the dungeon uniques.

I have provided a screen shot that shows the generic helmet being displayed in preview instead of the nobleman’s helmet with its distinctive wings.

[img]http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo213/dooleyjohn/preview2_zpsd215c0bc.jpg[/img]

http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo213/dooleyjohn/preview2_zpsd215c0bc.jpg

This feature used to inspire me to do dungeon runs, but it stopped working for me, please bring them back.

HOD
Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Necro / Warrior
Played since 1st online ‘demo’ months before the BWEs.

Posted by: Mayonnaise.9624

Mayonnaise.9624

As you can see from the screen shots, the short bow is merged with the coat.

Bought the armor at order of whisperers cave and the weapon is made in mystic forge.

Attachments:

“It’s Raining Lootbags! Hallelujah!
It’s Raining FSP Golems! Amen!”
– The Weather Girls

Posted by: DethLocke.6170

DethLocke.6170

Hey there! I have two seperate equipment issues for you here.

1. Mystic Staff
a. The mystic staff model currently disappears whenever you do an emote, which never happened with my other weapon models.
b. In preview mode, it shows that the gems around the staffs head float up and down (looks really cool), but in game, they do not, they are just static.

2. Berserkers Exalted boots / Aristocrats pants
a. The combination of the two currently clip into each other pretty bad in the back. The boots pretty much disappear into the pants in the rear, but are still visible in the front.

Thank you for your attention : )

Posted by: DethLocke.6170

DethLocke.6170

I’m sorry, to add to my previous post, I am a Human Male.

Posted by: ezhcim.3075

ezhcim.3075

The Noblemans male armor, its one of the most bugged armors ive seen, i keep finding clips and problems with the texture. Also i would like an explanation for why the one we buy looks old and worn, and kinda dirty and the one the Merchant wears looks Mint condition and really awesome.

Attachments:

Posted by: OneEightHundred.5689

OneEightHundred.5689

It’s possible to launch over the closed Inquest compound gate in Malchor’s Leap using Jump Shot. Going in particularly far will kick you out half-way across the island though.

Attachments:

Posted by: Synapse.4697

Synapse.4697

One feature I really enjoyed and drew inspiration from was the armor previews of the dungeon armor from dungeon armor vendors in Lions Arch.

Recently the previews stopped working, the icons and the previews all show generic armors, not the dungeon uniques.

I have provided a screen shot that shows the generic helmet being displayed in preview instead of the nobleman’s helmet with its distinctive wings.

[img]http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo213/dooleyjohn/preview2_zpsd215c0bc.jpg[/img]

http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo213/dooleyjohn/preview2_zpsd215c0bc.jpg

This feature used to inspire me to do dungeon runs, but it stopped working for me, please bring them back.

I may be mistaken but i think you have to use the second armor tag. You are browsing the first one, wich iirc contains in fact, generic armor.

Posted by: DreedL.2694

DreedL.2694

Lvl 80 Asura Guardian.
Queldip Gloves.
Any weapon.

The gloves that you got from Queldip merhcant is bugged with every weapon i use. He holds the weapons with his wrist, the placement of the weapons are not right. I transmuted the armor from the AC gloves, but thats not the problem. (see screenshots)

Attachments:

EU Desolation | Dreydl/ Dopyx/ Pegy Pex/ Pegy Pigpox/ Dreedl Capxlöck

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: SolStice.7184

SolStice.7184

please help me..my char ranger [IGN:Envious Archer] stuck at loading page
it keeps loading until the error pops up
my other chars can access into the game btw
im just a newbie please help me

Attachments:

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Unsure if it goes here, but when I preview dungeon armors in Lions Arch on my sylvari ranger, they all show the exact same skin and not the actual armor skins. The skin shown is that piraty looking one with the feather on the hat.
Now I am nowhere near getting enough tokens for any of the armorsets, but I would be slightly worried should this not change if I went to purchase the set. I would post a screenshot with this, but cannot get in game atm. Can do later if this is the correct place for this.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: Arcos.9134

Arcos.9134

Same issue – can we get an option to NOT show the weapons (daggers/pistols) holstered as an interim solution – or permanent solution if this won’t be fixed? It really is not a good look…

I got a bug with my pistols on the thief. When they are not in my hands, they are IN THE BODY. See the pictures please.

My Equip is:
Berserker’s Duelist Coat of Balthazar
Berserker’s Duelist Pants of Infiltration

Penetrating Krytan Pistol of Earth
Resilient Krytan Pistol of Earth

It would be great if u guys can fix that. Thanks Lauren.

http://s7.directupload.net/images/user/120916/8uco9jgz.jpg
http://s14.directupload.net/images/user/120916/7w3vvpi3.jpg
http://s1.directupload.net/images/user/120916/h2spogfo.jpg

Posted by: Geebag.1672

Geebag.1672

So I was on Forging the Pact when I got stuck inside that rock. The rock is just before that cave exit which leads to the last boss (sorry I didn’t get a better screenshot).

I managed to get out of there after half an hour of thinking tho.

I’m a necro so I used Spectral walk (the return version of the skill).

Attachments:

[ Jar Jar aka Geebag “The Videosandwich” ]

ezhcim.3075

I know this is slightly related to Armor textures topic, but I dont know if this is an error or this is how it is actually supposed to look, that’s why im posting on a separate topic because i would like an official answer (Hopefully) .
So basically ive been working really hard for my Nobleman’s armor, and im nearly about to get all of it. Ever since i started buying the parts i realized the texture of the armor i was getting did not match the texture on the armor the vendor is wearing.
In fact I dare say that the one the vendor wears looks better. The one US players get is all worn out and with cracks, like battle worn, but it ends up being a bit over the top and annoying to the point that depending on what colour tint you use it can look really bad! .
Some of the main differences are:
a. The one we get has rusty patches all over, specially on the leg guards.
b. The one we get presents cracks on the shoulder pads
c. The one we get has bumps all over the 2 front plates of the helmet
d. The one we get has bad pixelated textures on the cloth that hangs from the front and the back.
I honestly believe the artistic choice of making the armor the players get be all rusty, worn and cracked wasn’t the best one, if this was done intentionally. I would like to know if this is how its supposed to look or not, and if so i would recommend changing it for the one the vendor has since I believe it looks better and is what we are given as reference. After all the work ive done for my armor i really want to have one in mint condition, looking bright as new!
I’ll attach a comparison picture.

Attachments:

Posted by: Saitam.9340

Saitam.9340

The heavy gloves for the Sylvari t3 set—the “Oaken Gloves”, have a weird graphical issue. When the character is standing with his arms at his sides, straight, the armor displays as it should, like in the preview—knotted, spiky wooden gauntlets.
However, whenever the character bends his arms, like while in combat, running, or dancing, the long wood protrusion on the gloves bends along with the elbow joint of the character, making the wood seem elasticky, rubbery, and outright weird. For an “Oaken” armor, this seems really weird, and probably not intended. Any fix would be great, I’d love to see this armor set in its full glory!

(My character is a male Sylvari wearing entirely sylvari t2 and t3 cultural armor.)

Attachments:

-Mædre Valero, Guardian, Tarnished Coast.
Member of Remnants of Hope [HOPE]

Posted by: Noxinecrotic.7598

Noxinecrotic.7598

I know that this has already been brought forward as an issue in other threads, but I feel that a large majority of players want this fixed.

The COF medium armour shoulders do not show when wearing the chest from COF.

Posted by: DJRiful.3749

DJRiful.3749

My character now is missing hairs under the hood. She’s look bald.

Attachments:

Stormïe ~ Tarnished Coast | My little monster <3 – http://valid.canardpc.com/6nbdeq

Posted by: Sarius.6983

Sarius.6983

I’m a human guardian male, and the CoE heavy explorable armor has clipping issues with the helmet. If you can see real closely you can see 2 nubs of skin popping out in the front.

Attachments:

Posted by: Archinos.8754

Archinos.8754

Hello everyone, I hope you’re enjoying your time in game!

If you come across any sort of bug that fits in the following categories, please post them in this thread:

-Stuck in the terrain or a prop
-Textural/graphical issues with the environment or world props
-Terrain or world props disappearing/flickering
-Armor/clothing art issues (textures, placement, clipping…)
-Weapon art issues (textures, placement, effects, clipping…)
-Anything that you feel fits into the art-side of bugs

The more descriptive you can be of the issue, the better! So here’s what you can do to help us out:

If you come across an issue with the map/terrain, please be sure to:
-Take a screenshot with your mouse hovering over the minimap while it’s zoomed all the way in so we can see the sector name. Make sure your screenshot has a clear view of the issue too!
-If you got stuck, please describe to us what you were doing before hand, along with a screenshot (this includes listing any skill you may have used upon being pushed inside the terrain).
-If you can, open up the screenshot in a picture editor (like MS Paint) and circle or point to the issue.
-If the world or large areas of land appear to “pop” in and out or “flicker,” please be sure that you are facing the appropriate direction in your screenshot and follow the screenshot directions.

If you come across an issue with your armor/clothing or weapons:
-Take a screenshot of the issue
-Take a screenshot of your equipment on the Hero Panel (H)
-List your Race, Sex and Class
-List the names of every piece of armor/clothing/weapon equipped (this includes the level requirement) when you encountered the issue
-If you can, list where you acquired the item (which NPC, what map location, which dungeon, etc…)

Any other art issues:
-Be as descriptive as possible
-Take a screenshot
-List any applicable item names
-List your Race, Sex and Class (for armor or weapon issues)
-Please note: Hair clipping through armor/weapons along with minor clipping of weapons into armor (some of the weapon is hidden) are sometimes unavoidable and we are only looking for severe clipping issues [please see the note at the end].

Please attach the screenshots to your forum post rather than hosting it elsewhere.
If you have a video of the issue, please upload those to YouTube (unlisted) and link that along with your other bug information here.

For more Bugging Best Practices, see this thread.

We appreciate everyone’s help with issues like these and we want to solve them as soon as possible. Thank you so much!

NOTE: While we understand the desire to have all clipping issues resolved, the way our items are designed sometimes causes some small issues that cannot be fixed easily. We’re looking for severe clipping (like your shield is impaling you or your daggers are completely hidden by your coat.) Things like hair clipping or minor clipping of weapons into armor are sometimes unavoidable (don’t worry, we’re looking into the beard and mask clipping issue!). We appreciate your patience and cooperation with all of these bugs and rest assured that they are being seen and addressed appropriately.

UPDATE – OCTOBER 2nd 2012: I just wanted to take a moment to let you all know that this thread is still being monitored and I apologize for not being able to respond to every issue. Each post has been looked over and bugs are being forwarded on to the appropriate teams. We appreciate your patience as we try to roll out the fixes for a lot of these issues, and we definitely appreciate the thoughtful reports and responses.

Just posted an issue fix for GTX 5XX users here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/gtx-570-bug-fix-arenanet-heads-up-here-plis/first#post513897

Posted by: Hellstrike.5980

Hellstrike.5980

Backpack Glitch

Race : Asura
Armor : Cultural T1 ‘Protean Boots’

After equipping the boots, the Backpack falls to a weird position. This apply to the Flamethrower’s backpack too. Taking off the boots return them to normal position.

It’s driving me crazy…

Attachments:

Posted by: Xeltas.2687

Xeltas.2687

I have problem with my world map and mini map. Other players can see veins, trees and herbs at theirs map, but i first heard about it after i got 80 level. I tried with all map options. I can’t see caves too.

Posted by: DJRiful.3749

DJRiful.3749

My character now is missing hairs under the hood. She’s look bald.

My char is having cancer. /not funny.

Stormïe ~ Tarnished Coast | My little monster <3 – http://valid.canardpc.com/6nbdeq

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

-Asura, Male, Ranger
-Issues with Heritage Shoulderpads (lvl 15) and Marksman’s Jerkin (lvl 18).
I don’t recall where I got the original shoulderpads but the skin is from HoM, the jerkin was from the personal story quest Split Second.

The vest of the jerkin badly overlaps the shoulderpad.

Attachments:

ezhcim.3075

To further show what i have posted before, here is another comparisson between the Noblemans armor sets. The ones the Merchants or NPCs wear look to be in mint condition, new and perfectly shinny while the ones the playes get are cracked, and rusty and with black patches all over. I believe that given the fact this armor (as some others) is an endgame armor that requires a lot of effort to get, it would be nice to see it fixed, and the textures improved so it looks mroe liek what the merchant or NPCs wear than what we are getting atm.

Attachments:

ezhcim.3075

More explanation for my previous posts, summary: why does the one we get look so bad?

Attachments:

Posted by: Rio.1894

Rio.1894

Hey, came across a clipping issue this patch with a female hairstyle.

[img]http://i45.tinypic.com/10dvadl.jpg[/img] Before patch

[img]http://i50.tinypic.com/71sgsh.jpg[/img] After patch

As you can see the edge of the ear now shows. Kinda bugs me. Hopefully you guys can fix this one soon >.<.

Edit: Is it possible to revert back to the old patch or whatever because this is really bad. Its not just limited to this. Its the back when you’re holding a 2h wep. Its not the same and looks very tacky. If not, i’d really like a hairstyle change :S.

Attachments:

(edited by Rio.1894)

Posted by: Refeia.9168

Refeia.9168

Savant Helm (Asura Tier 3 Cultural Helm), Light Head Armor, Transmuted to Exotic

Asura, Female, Mesmer

Missing mark/hair after equipping the helm after the Halloween update, I am positive that the hair area should have color marking/hair before the update – attached a screenshot of my character (AAA1.jpg) and other screenshot I found on the web to see the comparison.

Attachments:

Posted by: Lori.6571

Lori.6571

It occured to me after I’d posted it that perhaps this weird floating rock texture ought to have been posted here instead of in a new thread of its own.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Floating-rock-texture/first#post518729

Posted by: RandomHominid.3456

RandomHominid.3456

The Halloween Scythe Staff looks bad with necromancer staff skill Necrotic Grasp:

Attachments:

Posted by: Targren.6073

Targren.6073

Book “backpack” reward from the Halloween event doesn’t show up with crafted Noble coat.

Posted by: Uncon.2451

Uncon.2451

Pretty much every pistol I try clips with Guild medium armor on char male when stowed.

(tried glyphic, legionnaire, hand of disaster, ruinmaker to name the few I remember.)

Shields in general also seem to clip into char male’s arm when readied.

Posted by: Ryu Kyushin.9678

Ryu Kyushin.9678

Another one to add about the book back slot items from the Halloween event is bugged with the Tier 1 cultural leg armor, Looks like someone shoved it right in my Asura’s back. Seems to also happen when i preview shields also.

http://imgur.com/AX6hx

(edited by Ryu Kyushin.9678)

Posted by: Kaiser.5439

Kaiser.5439

Savant Helm (Asura Tier 3 Cultural Helm), Light Head Armor, Transmuted to Exotic

Asura, Female, Mesmer

Missing mark/hair after equipping the helm after the Halloween update, I am positive that the hair area should have color marking/hair before the update – attached a screenshot of my character (AAA1.jpg) and other screenshot I found on the web to see the comparison.

Yea, I noticed that too on my human female when she wears the winged hood. She had a hairline before; a small detail that I really liked about that piece of armor, which disappeared after the halloween patch =(. Now she looks like she’s wearing a hood cause she’s bald.

-the first two is with the hair line, and the last one is after the halloween patch

Attachments:

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I posted about this issue a lot earlier (3rd page) experiencing it on other armors (Winged, Conjurers and Exalted). But I was devastated to see it on tier 3 Sylvari Cultural set aswell (Dryad). Figured I was better off making another post then adding to the other one since it was so far back.

After swimming, boot textures seem to be messed up. The textures turn into a white/red block and is like that till you relog/change maps. It doesn’t show up in the Hero panel, I also do not think it shows up to other people. It’s usually in the “trim” areas around the edges, like on the Winged it is where the vine detail is. On the Exalted it is in the fur trim area.

Female Sylvari Elementalist
-Dryad boots (tier 3 sylvari cultural)
-vendor bought, transmuted onto an item that had this existing issue (Exalted boots)

Screenshot:

Attachments:

Posted by: Twyki.6019

Twyki.6019

The Halloween Scythe Staff looks bad with necromancer staff skill Necrotic Grasp:

Same problem with a Sylvari using that Scythe Staff with the Necromancer Skills the Effect is located above the actual Scythe Blade and makes it look very ugly.

That kills the Staff for a Necromancer :/

Attachments:

(edited by Twyki.6019)

Posted by: nemo.1572

nemo.1572

Hello,

There is clipping while moving with the Heavy T3 Human Cultural Armor, while having a Greatsword equipped. I tried a lot of Greatsword skins, but its basically always the same.

Attachments:

Posted by: Phantom.4157

Phantom.4157

[ARMOR BUG]

Armor: 1. Flame Legion Medium Gloves TRANSMUTED onto Krytan (cash shop) gloves.
2. Assassin’s Leggings. (t3 human cultural).

BUG: When worn at the same time, the gloves and pants cause my character to appear “cut in half” across the stomach. Not sure if an Immersion Breaker can get any worse than that, haha. A fix for this would be greatly appreciated.

PHOTO: Look under the character’s belly button area and you’ll be able to see where her body is completely split in half.

Attachments:

Luci Lee | Thief R51 |

Posted by: kdbarrett.6348

kdbarrett.6348

NPCs etc. disappear in Lion’s Arch, Eastern Ward at the bottom of stairs that lead up to Crow’s Nest Tavern (though there’s no door there). Screenshot attached.

Attachments:

Posted by: kdbarrett.6348

kdbarrett.6348

Images not lining up in Rata Sum, behind Hall Monitor Amee, on the floor at the base of the pillars. Shows better on the right than the left in the screenshot. The… ruts? channels? don’t line up and flicker in gameplay.

Attachments:

Posted by: Axisys.1056

Axisys.1056

Nobleman heavy exotic armor
It’s clear and smooth on NPC but on player characters it looks awkward.

Attachments:

Posted by: Lagg.3960

Lagg.3960

More Nobleman heavy exotic armor problems.

The Nobleman’s Pauldrons clip with Jora’s Defender when wielding the shield.

Attachments:

Hey, I just bash you, and this is frenzy,
But here’s my Wammo, so heal me maybe?

Posted by: Hyareil.1850

Hyareil.1850

Commando’s jacket – chest piece of medium armor, which I got from my personal story

The problem is how it looks on my norn female – the part on belly isn’t showing correctly. I took screnshots of norn and human females wearing the same armor and on human the problem isn’t present.

Attachments:

Posted by: Archmortal.1027

Archmortal.1027

Got stuck in the environment.

While running toward Shaemoor Garrison from the northeast side I started trying to climb the rock face and clipped inside of the lowest portion of it. Depending on where I was inside the rock or how I aimed my camera some things would blink out of existence. In the first shot the entire world above ground-level where you see the mountain would disappear, including everything to the right of the image and what you can see of Divinity’s Reach in the second image. In the third image the top of the towers would clip out, though the rest of it would remain visible.

Attachments:

Posted by: mimidori.9506

mimidori.9506

Just after today’s patch my nightmare dress shrinked.
Males don’t have this issue.

I don’t know whether this is intentional but it looks horrible no matter what shoes I wear. And kind of stupid. I’m going to have to wear the Arah set if this isn’t getting fixed soon.

Attachments:

Posted by: Wretchedscar.4796

Wretchedscar.4796

Male Char Tier 3, Muzzle clipping through front of helm. I cannot un See it!

Dreadnought Visor. Not sure what other info you need.

Attachments:

Posted by: Revendell.9036

Revendell.9036

Male Charr
Most muscular body type
Medium Inquest set from Crucible of Eternity
Engineer
Please fix that hole in this armor, I also hate how ears and horns just magically disappear under the hood, make them visible.

Attachments:

Posted by: Sindariel.2354

Sindariel.2354

The mounting point of the Pact Quarterstaff (obtainable in Fort Trinity after completing your personal storyline) is currently set too high on the back on Humans and Norn (see attachment).

Also, the “cut” belly bug on the winged armor set that was reported several times in this thread is still present.

Example:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Seeing-map-armors-stuck-weapons-or-other-art-issues/page/3#post186380

Attachments:

Posted by: Rio.1894

Rio.1894

Just after today’s patch my nightmare dress shrinked.
Males don’t have this issue.

I don’t know whether this is intentional but it looks horrible no matter what shoes I wear. And kind of stupid. I’m going to have to wear the Arah set if this isn’t getting fixed soon.

Can confirm on this one. Looks absolutely silly. Happened to mine also…

Posted by: Sulwyn.4362

Sulwyn.4362

Sylvari Female, Mesmer
Dryad Armor, Gloves and Boots (Sylvari Cultural T3)
Light De Molish Chestpiece (purchased in Dredgehaunt Cliffs from Karma Vendor)
Priory Leggings (purchased at the Durmand Priory in Lornar’s Pass)

So, I’ve had this issue pop up on more than a few armor sets throughout my gaming experience and it’s pretty bothersome. After going underwater, depending on the armor set, your character’s armor comes out with red and white armor textures. It’s not random—for instance, when I’m wearing my Dryad Armor set, every single time I get in the water it’s the boots and gloves that lose their textures and get recolored red and white. The same happens with my magic find set, with the chest and the leggings always getting recolored.

I’ve had a number of armor sets that haven’t had this problem but unfortunately right now both of my sets do. The first four attached screenshots will show the texture issue, and the final two show the armor sets as they look in the hero window. I would love to see this fixed, as it is a hassle to have to un-equip and re-equip two pieces of armor every time I get out of the water.

Attachments:

Posted by: ChyrosNX.1834

ChyrosNX.1834

One thing I love about GW2 that isn’t featured in other games is when wearing a hat or hood a part of your hair is still visible which consistent with the hair model your of your choosing. It just shows how ArenaNet loves their game. But with the halloween update, it just simply make your character bald when wearing any kind of hat or hood which I thought is a stepback move. I hope this isn’t intended as I don’t feel like showing my hood anymore.

First the hair model I’m using:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/lxUJH.jpg[/img]

Before Halloween Update — notice the bangs she has
[img]http://i.imgur.com/cmoqc.jpg[/img]

Post Halloween Update — now completely bald!!
[img]http://i.imgur.com/HyeiH.jpg[/img]

Attachments:

(edited by ChyrosNX.1834)

Posted by: Clavain.5807

Clavain.5807

Unsure if it goes here, but when I preview dungeon armors in Lions Arch on my sylvari ranger, they all show the exact same skin and not the actual armor skins. The skin shown is that piraty looking one with the feather on the hat.
Now I am nowhere near getting enough tokens for any of the armorsets, but I would be slightly worried should this not change if I went to purchase the set. I would post a screenshot with this, but cannot get in game atm. Can do later if this is the correct place for this.

I’ve got the same issue with asura light armor – every single set looks like a generic cabalaist armor drop set. i’m not willing to run dungeons if i can’t even be sure the armor i’m buying is going to look good
Edit: i’ve made an album of the previews to show what i mean: http://imgur.com/a/QqxwT

(edited by Moderator)