The hatchery bugged?

The hatchery bugged?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Venese.1405

Venese.1405

Tried it again…still no luck. This should be a high priority fix, folks.

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: ElectTheDead.3798

ElectTheDead.3798

I just reached level 80. I really want to be able to do the story!

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: dax.2398

dax.2398

if it that much of a prob just move us all over to a different story line so we can finish

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: Esperette.3784

Esperette.3784

same problem here i just tried it again after over 2 weeks of waiting…please fix this its ruining the game for me. I’m level 80 and stuck at a level 45 story mission! P.S. i don’t think it matters which order you rescue the skritt in, it wont progress the story either way…i’ve tried every order.

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: Esperette.3784

Esperette.3784

i second the vote to move us all to one of the other options for a story quest!

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: Formaldehyde.5840

Formaldehyde.5840

Just adding to the list of people who are stuck. Can’t do any story line quests.

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: xlion.3065

xlion.3065

Nice to see that I’m not alone.

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: kazi.6438

kazi.6438

AGHHHHHH… this is extremely frustrating.

and Halloween is lame. This should really be a much higher priority.

Inir [CAT]

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: maahlycia.5061

maahlycia.5061

It’s same for me i do the principal quest and i have kill all monster and save the skritt that say the text is in grey and nothing as appening… that really bored …

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: BracktimusPrime.7481

BracktimusPrime.7481

This needs to get fixed, it’s not a small glitch that can be worked around, it literally breaks the main story. Oh well, I guess I’ll just wait till mid-November to get a patch to keep playing my character.

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: Nabbis.5784

Nabbis.5784

Bugged for me aswell now. Hope you can fix this quickly

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: Christopher.8049

Christopher.8049

I just heard on IRC there is a BIG November the 15th update, Do you suppose that is when this bug will also be fixed?

I am in no rush! The game will still be there

Signature removed by popular demand…….

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: Wezz.3780

Wezz.3780

If they wait untill the 15th they are gona loose LOADS of players, not cuse its not fixed but the time it takes for them to apply a patch they already said is clear for patching and still holding on it even tho its a critical bugg in the mainstoryline.

And dont come give me the “They dont care you people have already buyed the game and its no sub each month”
No its not but think of all those gems that people buy for REAL money that they will loose due to them being lazy.

As we go on we remember, all the times we had together.
As our lives change, Come whatever, We will still be friends forever.
Sarah / Camille Shirayuki – Warrior / Mesmer

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: Otux.2849

Otux.2849

Bugged myself too but, doesn’t seem that coming to report it is going to help after all I have been reading

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: beastie.4536

beastie.4536

can you guys just auto patch the players who chose “hatchery” to the other path? this is getting insane and unbearable.

please anet do something we are stucked and cannot finish our main story.

Mike O’Brien: "We don’t make grindy games — we leave the grind to other MMOs.”

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: kobbs.4198

kobbs.4198

Same problem here…

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: Himlygimly.3521

Himlygimly.3521

So ur saying i have to wait til the 15th nov to continue u MAIN STORYLINE?….

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: dan.3504

dan.3504

This is how they treat the paying customers . That is a serious anti-player attitude form them , 6 days and no official response. They don’t care if more remain stuck in the same situation.

(edited by dan.3504)

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: revy.4320

revy.4320

If you need analogy, think of a roundabout with cars, if everyone charges headfirst into it without consideration of all the other moving parts (cars), things get pretty messy pretty quickly don’t they? It’s the same for software development.

It’s not as simple as people seem to think. The coding part is probably the easiest bit!

I would like the ability to revert to the last choice, but funnily such a change will likely take longer to get to us than this fix.

(sorry about the double post, the edit button didn’t appear for about 5 minutes)

I know the in and outs of software construction thank you very much.The issue here is that you dont tell your customers,your “not a high priority” even if it is reasonable to assert that.I dont care about how orthogonal(or not for that matter) the modularity of their design is,it wasnt even my point.

Being a developer,doesnt mean that I m going to gently pat them in the back and wait if I ll get lucky with the fix,just because I know what a pain it could be.I would never tell my customer,you are not a high priority and leave him hung for a week because of my own mistake.

(edited by revy.4320)

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

I haven’t had any updates since my post a week ago, which is that we found the issue and fixed it, and it’s going to pushed as part of the scheduled content update. I do not have a specific date at this time, but it is a priority and I apologize for the wait. Please understand that even “simple” fixes can affect seemingly unrelated content, which is why we have infrequent “large” content updates instead of trying to hotfix every issue that comes up.

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

I appreciate the update! Would it be possible for a GM to change our story path if we were to create a ticket? Instead of waiting until next week or even 2-3 weeks from now to be able to continue our character, could we instead put out a ticket and get knocked back to the quest where we choose what direction we go? This would allow us to choose a non-broken story arc, like maybe the Quaggans!

I know I would love to be able to continue the story on my main, Tolmos

Or at least a consolation jug of karma or two for our grief? =D

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

To the best of my knowledge, CS has no way to change a character’s active story step, so this isn’t something they can try to work around. The fix will be live long before I could try to hack something together and get it pushed to the live servers, so I have to ask for your patience.

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: Tobby.2479

Tobby.2479

at least hav some replied from GM. thank you.

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: Bivrington.5931

Bivrington.5931

I must say, I am very disappointed by the amount of time it is taking to get this fixed. I realize that small changes can have a big ripple effect, but the personal story is one of the main selling points of Guild Wars 2, and is advertised all over.

The fact that 1/3 of the player base may not be able to progress their personal story is a huge issue. Yes, I can continue to play and advance my character, but part of the fun in the personal story line is doing them for level appropriate rewards, and as a part of the story for the location it is in.

With all the content updates and patches being done toward the Mad King event, I find it hard to believe that this fix could not be added in. This fix is to make something that only happens in an instanced environment trigger properly. I find it hard to believe that this fix could have consequences and repercussions so large that it requires a large content update to implement.

Being told “we’ll fix it when we get around to it” does not sit well with me.

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: Ryan.2356

Ryan.2356

New patch, somebody check it?

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: SuperCoolioJohn.4785

SuperCoolioJohn.4785

I did. Still broken.

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

:( I really got my hopes up there lol

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: Loptimist.1832

Loptimist.1832

I tried 10 times and waited about 2 weeks.. still broken. I really wish I can just skip this one or I had made different choice for this quest. I mistakenly picked whisper in my main so I made second and lved up to almost 80 to get my vigil armor and now i cant progress the main quest= =;;

(edited by Loptimist.1832)

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: Ryan.2356

Ryan.2356

So much for this being a priority.

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: PrincessVoltara.9267

PrincessVoltara.9267

Greetings everyone, I see that there is an issue with this on going Issue with “THE HATCHERY” The strange part is, is that all of these wonderful paying players are waiting and being so kind to see what is going to happen with this major issue…Is there anyways we can have a more specific time or date this is gonna be fixed..Please with all integrity and proper etiquette…Let us players know whats going on? I don’t want to be rude or annoying in this situation….I just want an answer and the issue corrected. Thanks so much and I will be fallowing up on this issue at hand…I do hope to hear a response back asap…For we are all adults here and I would like to have some sort of conformation…Thanks greatly.

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: Tkosh.1923

Tkosh.1923

Thank you for your hard work Jeffrey Vaughn. Hotfixes can work depending on server setup right? STO does em all the time and wow does now too but you know wow sometimes never fixes some things lol. Anyway love the game mostly and can’t wait for the fix. I cancelled Wow thanks to GW2 :-)

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: Feskur.2901

Feskur.2901

This quest should give the title : The Patient

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: invaderLinZ.9260

invaderLinZ.9260

I just recently picked the path of the Hatchery (few days ago?) and I wish I knew about this before. If I would have known this earlier I would have went with a different path.

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: Tyro.6078

Tyro.6078

Just wish we knew when the update was. I knew I shoulda never hhelped those little rats :P….

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: SicJake.6871

SicJake.6871

In the future when similar story line bugs pop up, it might be best to give a “content disabled” warning or something.

Similar to others, had I known this path was bugged, I wouldn’t have chosen skritt.

I understand the QA process and what not, and I understand fixes take time, just a number of us could have avoided the show stopper bug if we were warned about the bugged path.

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

If I remember right the bug is because the game checks to see if those that are found are still alive and also it needs to be done in the exact order it shows on your log. If either of these conditions are met before all are found, it bugs up and progress is halted. For some reason all the named Skritt cannot die until the very end. Some of them can’t be ressed either when I last did it.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: horus.7628

horus.7628

theres no reasion not to add a quick patch befor next update if you have the fix bloody implement it allready it willt ake a hole of 5 (exagerateing) to put it live and every one only has a small down time to be honest anet shouldent be scared to take server down for a small window like 2 3 hours to do major fixs half of orr is broken aswell makeing it impossible to do arah but thats for a different topic fix the kitten hatchery allrdy screw waiting till november

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: rebel.7105

rebel.7105

still dont work?

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: Kayn.5610

Kayn.5610

are… you kidding me… i just chose this tonight -.- should have went and killed centaurs. and your now telling me not until the 15th of november…. i might switch back to wow

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: Kittikai.6045

Kittikai.6045

I’ve tried this quest just this morning, I can’t believe I will now have to check on forums which quest are working before progressing. Job well done. It makes me regret to have bought this game. Not to mention the time it takes to have things fixed. It feels like I’m playing on some random games crappy private server maintained by unprofessionals who happen to be able to afford a server.

I feel scammed and very disappointed.

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: Praetorian.6591

Praetorian.6591

This is pretty terrible. How can this stay bugged for so long? Its not like we can just choose to ignore it as its part of the chain. Really really terrible way to treat your customers.

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: Aldric the Slayer.5784

Aldric the Slayer.5784

I just wanted to toss my two cents in. Frankly, I’m sorely disappointed with the amount of time it has taken to fix this quest. I have enjoyed my Guild Wars 2 experience so far, but if this isn’t fixed fast, I’ll make sure that none of my friends or family waste their time or their money on this.

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: Leal.4973

Leal.4973

Please get this hotfix out asap, I need more Tybalt shenanigans.

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: kataramenos.8960

kataramenos.8960

I tried it also and still bugged………Thats very annoying u cant progress proper u must farm farm and farm all the time !!!!!

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: Rbap.1376

Rbap.1376

My character who has this quest is now level 80. Very irritating bug, please hotfix this as soon as possible. I think we’ve been very patient, and I appreciate the response by arenanet, but it’s starting to bother me. I would like to get a pact token on my character before I am fully geared in exotics, but that isn’t going to happen.

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

If anyone has a problem with this quest I am in Harathi today in Tarnished coast if you are there and on that server or are willing to transfer to have help to keep all the skritt alive (which I pinpointed to have caused this bug when I did it and then got help to keep them alive).

As I said in my previous post it will block progress when one of them dies prematurely.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Aha i wondered if this issue was well-known. At least it is.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: Sjeppie.1236

Sjeppie.1236

Getting very anoyed about this… so i just level futher and wait?

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: Bivrington.5931

Bivrington.5931

If anyone has a problem with this quest I am in Harathi today in Tarnished coast if you are there and on that server or are willing to transfer to have help to keep all the skritt alive (which I pinpointed to have caused this bug when I did it and then got help to keep them alive).

As I said in my previous post it will block progress when one of them dies prematurely.

I’ll try this out today and see if this is a reproducible work-around.

The hatchery bugged?

Posted by: locoegv.8214

locoegv.8214

UPDATE NOTES 09.09.12
“The Hatchery” You can no longer do the final step before doing the intermediate steps.

lol….. since that day its bugged?